Revenge of the Metacritics: Diablo III Getting Review-Bombed

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

NameIsRobertPaulson:

pure.Wasted:

NameIsRobertPaulson:

In every other type of business on this Earth, when you purchase a product you can use it immediately.

Why should games be different?

Really, the moment you make a downpayment on a house you can move in? The moment you buy a ticket for a plane you can get on the plane and fly to your destination? The moment you pre-ordered Diablo 3 you were able to play it? How is this any different from the months you spent waiting for your pre-order?

1) Didn't buy D3. Have no intention to. Will wait for Torchlight 2.

2) When you buy a CD, DVD, Book, or any other product that only involves you and the creator of the product, you can use it.

When you place an online order for a CD, DVD, Book, or any other product that only involves you and the creator of the product, you can't use it. You have to wait for it to be packaged, shipped, and delivered. Furthermore, if it's a game, it has to be installed. You can't play it until you've installed it.

All of this is perfectly OK. But saying "if it's a massively multiplayer game, the servers have to stabilize" isn't OK. Uh, what? Why does everything else gets a pass?

I don't want my stuff to have to be delivered to me, that's an inconvenience. I want it teleported here immediately, although there's no need, since it's already auto-installed on my computer, because I want that too.

???

martyrdrebel27:

pure.Wasted:
snip

wrong again. there is a huge difference between WOW and D3. in WOW, yes you can play the whole game solo and ignore the other players, but they will always be there. Diablo 3 isn't like that, there is nobody else in my game. Not a single other player in my world. I am the Single Player of that game, so how is that NOT a SINGLE PLAYER game?

and as for PVP, you do realize that PVP isn't even in the game yet, right? Let's compare this game to say... Halo. Halo has a single player campaign, which you can then choose to do online or not, and a "PVP" mode. How is so hard for you to comprehend that the same structure could be used for this game? It's essentially single player, unless you choose otherwise.

It's funny that I'm wrong and you're right and yet there's Diablo 3... sitting right there... agreeing with me. Hmm.

Could Diablo 3 have been made as a single player game? Absolutely.

Could WoW have been made as a single player game? Absolutely.

Neither was. Diablo 3 would have been easier to scale down, sure, I'll agree there. It's easier to pretend that Diablo 3 is a single player game, that's true too! But they didn't! Hence it is not a single player game. It is a multiplayer game that can be played as though it were single player by ignoring its multiplayer features.

I love their low score and think blizzard deserves it. They majorly dropped the ball. They declared their beta stress test a "success" because the servers crashed. Talk about some major spin. But even granting them that, they CLEARLY were not prepared (har har) for the volume they KNEW was coming. All because they probably wanted to save a few bucks on server costs when they expect to make a ton of money off the auction house.

I never thought id say this but im glad i signed up for the annual pass and got D3 for free. Cause I would have been MAJORLY PISSED if I dropped 60 bucks on a game I couldn't even play.

pure.Wasted:

NameIsRobertPaulson:

pure.Wasted:

Really, the moment you make a downpayment on a house you can move in? The moment you buy a ticket for a plane you can get on the plane and fly to your destination? The moment you pre-ordered Diablo 3 you were able to play it? How is this any different from the months you spent waiting for your pre-order?

1) Didn't buy D3. Have no intention to. Will wait for Torchlight 2.

2) When you buy a CD, DVD, Book, or any other product that only involves you and the creator of the product, you can use it.

When you place an online order for a CD, DVD, Book, or any other product that only involves you and the creator of the product, you can't use it. You have to wait for it to be packaged, shipped, and delivered. Furthermore, if it's a game, it has to be installed. You can't play it until you've installed it.

All of this is perfectly OK. But saying "if it's a massively multiplayer game, the servers have to stabilize" isn't OK. Uh, what? Why does everything else gets a pass?

I don't want my stuff to have to be delivered to me, that's an inconvenience. I want it teleported here immediately, although there's no need, since it's already auto-installed on my computer, because I want that too.

???

martyrdrebel27:

pure.Wasted:
snip

wrong again. there is a huge difference between WOW and D3. in WOW, yes you can play the whole game solo and ignore the other players, but they will always be there. Diablo 3 isn't like that, there is nobody else in my game. Not a single other player in my world. I am the Single Player of that game, so how is that NOT a SINGLE PLAYER game?

and as for PVP, you do realize that PVP isn't even in the game yet, right? Let's compare this game to say... Halo. Halo has a single player campaign, which you can then choose to do online or not, and a "PVP" mode. How is so hard for you to comprehend that the same structure could be used for this game? It's essentially single player, unless you choose otherwise.

It's funny that I'm wrong and you're right and yet there's Diablo 3... sitting right there... agreeing with me. Hmm.

Could Diablo 3 have been made as a single player game? Absolutely.

Could WoW have been made as a single player game? Absolutely.

Neither was. Diablo 3 would have been easier to scale down, sure, I'll agree there. It's easier to pretend that Diablo 3 is a single player game, that's true too! But they didn't! Hence it is not a single player game. It is a multiplayer game that can be played as though it were single player by ignoring its multiplayer features.

Oh, so I guess doom 2 was a multiplayer game because it it had multiplayer capabilities. Logic fail.

If its possible to play then entire thing alone, its a single player game with multiplayer features. Not the other way around like you are portraying it to be.

The user review section of Metacritic has no worth. What ISN'T review bombed these days?

People can rip on more professional outlets like IGN but the fact is their reviews are still worth infinite more times more than generic user reviews. Because those are worthless. There are worthy ones scattered about but the anonymous ability to rate the game tends to turn people only to extremes.

CoD, Mass Effect, Diablo... anything popular nowadays is going to get review bombed. Always.

NameIsRobertPaulson:

because games are huge pieces of software, software so sensitive that even a misplaced character or missed syntax can throw the entire code out of whack. even small changes to the code to fix problems can open up even more problems. why do you think patches for online games always come with issues? how about the fact that if they try to rush the patch and end up leaving a gaping hole in security for their project they could have a fiasco much worse than 'server downtime' on their hands and could let hackers in within a day of releasing their multi-million dollar game they've been developing for years?

throw in the fact that there are thousands of different types of machines all trying to read the code and every different type of machine might have conflicting software.

that's why you can't compare an online game to a book, you can't even compare Diablo 3 or WoW to something like Halo since they are developed for a strict piece of hardware where every single person using the software is using the same hardware. There is no conflicting software on consoles.

please stop comparing complex pieces of software to mundane things. They aren't even in the same league and that's why 'customer service' is necessary for products like this. When was the last time you had to call customer service on a DvD? who would you even call?

Well they asked for it by putting that horrible DRM and not having enough server space to support it, fucking morons, they should have been prepared for that, as far as I'm concerned it's their fault for managing they're stupid DRM so poorly, because I guarantee you that if the servers were up and running it would have something like a 6 or a 7, besides though there will be a time when this DRM isn't considered so awful it's not really right now, a stable Internet connection is still not a standard for the majority of the audience, so regardless of the servers running or not people would have been pissed.
And people defending them because they said so before, well yeah they warned about it, but most people don't look that kind of stuff up, for example my cousin is a really hardcore Diablo fan but he didn't know about that stuff until I told him, most people aren't in on the news about the game.

It's pretty good.

6/10 or 7/10 for me.

Pissed off that I had login issues when trying to play a single player game, but I expected that.

I played it for like 30 minutes total, it's definitely not a 3.3, I haven't played enough to get the full scope of it's value, but the game play is at least an 8/10.

Kurt Horsting:
lets just get something out of the way first. D3 is not single player and was not built to be played only with single player. Please stop fucking talking about this as some sort of tragedy like an entitled little shit about a game that wasn't even trying to be single player.

It was very obviously designed to support single player and lots of people will play it that way. It's forebears supported single player and most similar titles support single player. The only difference between Diablo III and those other games in regard to single player functionality is the DRM. The issue is not that the game doesn't support single player- it does- but the uber-draconian DRM. Can we please stop pretending the always online requirement is some non-feature instead of DRM?

But even if you insist that this game, alone in the genre, must not be played solo for whatever reason (many allude to this reason but I have seen no one articulate it), I think you have forgotten about LAN play. Which no longer exists, apparently. Because DRM. [Actually it's probably worse than that, but that's a different rant]

And finally, I don't see the connection between complaining about or criticizing a game's DRM scheme and "entitled".

Kurt Horsting:
2nd, it is complete bullshit that it is taking this fucking long to have the game run normally. It is complete hubris to assume that they should only go with "just enough" approach to server load. especially with numbers coming in that where saying this was going to be one of the most popular games of all time. They should know better. <--- this is the problem.

Believe it or not, I'm inclined to forgive them for this, if only because these problems seem typical for big online releases. Of course, the DRM scheme doesn't help this situation, either.

Aglynugga:
The game sucks. It is such a poorly written piece of garbage. Why do they keep using in-house writers? I mean, ok, they took a creative writing class and they have a solid decade of doctor who erotic fanfiction underneath their belts...
No, this was a lousy game. You want to make a game always online? Then make it a fuckin MMO. Some people like to play single player, and don't have constant access to the internet. I'm not one of these people, but I can emphasize. But even then, people were warned in advance about it, so I can't say too much. However, I can say the quality of the game is very poor. That is my honest opinion. The graphics are lousy. The gameplay is just pathetic. I mean,...how easy do you really need to make a game that consists of 'left-click left-click left-click.'?
This game took elven years to develop. It looks like they stopped developing back in 2003 and just let it sit on a shelf to 'appreciate' in value.
The best part is going to be the play to win pvp, due to an utter lack of character customization. Yeah, every barbarian is the same barbarian, every wizard the same wizard. I see lag and pay gear being the biggest factors for the oh so curtailed pvp.
I also see blizzard making big bucks off the chinese and korean farm factories (Yes, I could point out the brazilians or others, but let's face it, the koreans and chinese are kings in the field), because they'v cleverly set up an auction system where they get to slice a bit off of every sale.
If metacritic allowed it, I would give this game a negative score...maybe -3.
For all those people that honestly enjoy this game...good for you. Good for you. Have some cookies. I made them out of fucking playdough.

This Post is QFT. He just said it a lot nastier than I would have... on a good day

captcha "firecracker" cracks fire

I'm going to be frank. I don't know what's more hilarious:

The people complaining about all the DRM bullshit, when they knew it was coming months ago.

Or the people defending every single bit of bullshit Blizzard/Activision is shoveling.

Seriously people, if Diablo 3 had come out only a few years after Diablo 2, with this same Always-On DRM and all the other crap, you'd ALL be losing your minds over it. It would be labelled a terrible, horrible, poorly-designed game from the moment it was revealed. No one but the most blind, die-hard fanboys would consider getting it.

KefkaCultist:

But seriously, is it just me or has the gamer population been really whiny during these last couple years. I swear, every time a new game comes out people start immediately start bitching left and right. I just don't recall it ever being this bad before.

Is it just me or has the gamer population been really submissive during these last couple years? I swear, every time a new game comes out people immediately start defending every single thing the developer/publisher does; no matter how greedy, intrusive, or dismissive that thing is. I just don't recall it ever being this bad before.

DustyDrB:
I'm against always online (though Diablo III and that kind of game in general don't interest me), but Metacritic bombing is just dumb. Review scores have always been pretty irrelevant to me, but now user reviews in general on sites like Metacritic and Amazon have lost all their credibility.

I've always found amazon (UK) quite a good place to find user reviews actually :P

You just sometimes have to sift through who is genuine and who is lying.

OT: Is there a website where all the trolls gather? And they pick online "targets" like some kind of terrorist organisation? :P

godofslack:

Elamdri:

This is going to sound callous, but I used to live in a place that had crappy internet, and one of the key reasons that I moved was because I wanted a better internet connection. I don't think that the DRM is bad.

In fact, you know what? I like always-on DRM.

I like it.

I pay for my games. It infuriates me that others don't. The DRM in Diablo 3 is an effective way to stop others from gaming the system. And I like that. If I can't get it for free, neither should anyone else. If there is some collateral damage there, so be it.

Also, I will admit there is a sense of schadenfreude from seeing people whine on the internet

I hate to break it to you, but people have probably already pirated it, and I am willing to bet that the pirates have been playing longer than the people who purchased the game. When it is actually easier to pirate a game than to actually pay for it, the company involved can't blame people for pirating it.

Except that it's not easier to pirate it. You would have to set up a whole server to handle the enemies and loot tables. Even then, I am for making things as absolutely difficult for pirates as possible.

NameIsRobertPaulson:

Elamdri:

Rooster Cogburn:
Sorry for chopping up your posts, it helps my brain to think good. I don't want you to take it as condescending.I don't want to or can't, for different reasons at different times. I'll list some if you want me to, but I think I would just be listing things you already know. Only in the sense that it has DRM which requires a permanent connection. In every other sense it is a single player game as well as a coop game, like many games of it's type.

Well actually it is an online game. All the items and enemies are handled server-side.

Rooster Cogburn:

I have never pirated a game, nor do I intend to. I also don't live in the boondocks, and a lack of acceptable access to high speed internet service isn't my reason for not wanting to be shackled by ludicrous DRM.

Well, since I've come back around to my first point, I'll list one reason I might not like always-online DRM. Maybe my router is on one side of the house and my room is on the other. Do I need a better reason than that? I feel like I shouldn't have to explain why I want to play offline singleplayer.

And if I did live in the boondocks with little or no internet access, I think that would be more than enough reason to complain about this obnoxious requirement. I get that it doesn't effect or bother you, but I don't understand why you are so dismissive of those who don't like it, whatever their reasons. Even to the point of telling them to just deal if they literally cannot play the game at all.

This is going to sound callous, but I used to live in a place that had crappy internet, and one of the key reasons that I moved was because I wanted a better internet connection. I don't think that the DRM is bad.

In fact, you know what? I like always-on DRM.

I like it.

I pay for my games. It infuriates me that others don't. The DRM in Diablo 3 is an effective way to stop others from gaming the system. And I like that. If I can't get it for free, neither should anyone else. If there is some collateral damage there, so be it.

Also, I will admit there is a sense of schadenfreude from seeing people whine on the internet.

Ah the "scorched earth" DRM policy. Who cares if it hurts my rights, as long as it hurts those DAMN PIRATES.

Oh wait...

Do you want the links to the hacked server that went up an hour ago? Or the DRM crack and single-player mods that went up this morning? Just asking, because the pirates have been inconvenienced for all of... an hour. Meanwhile, you're asking companies to restrict game play and cause Day One issues... for you.

I'll tell you what. I remember back in the day when computer games didn't have DRM. You know what happened? Everyone stole them. Then I remember when CDkeys were created. And you know what happened? People came up with a CDkey generator. But it was a lot riskier and more of a pain in the butt. Now you have online authentication. And you know what, yeah it's still possible to crack. But it's still a pain in the butt. AND you still have to have internet, just now you're connecting to a private server.

At some point, buying the game just becomes easier.

MetallicaRulez0:
No, it prevents them from playing it ON THE FIRST DAY... and only intermittently at that. I've still managed to play over 8 hours even with all the maintenance and crashes.

People review-bombing and asking for refunds are just acting like children. It's a GIGANTIC online global release. If you didn't expect problems, then you're a bigger fool than I thought... and that's saying something!

Getting a refund for a game that doesn't work when you buy it is not childish and is the smartest thing a consumer can do. Childish is the petition of the retake me3 movement. Consumer rights are not childish. If i purchase a product that does not work then I get a refund because the company who sold me the product failed at providing the promised product. If expecting a company who has released a similar game two times before to not screw the pooch on the third release, is foolish? This company should have the foresight to avoid these problems especially with a game in the works for how many years?

Im not a diablo fan or player, just someone who is for consumer rights because I am a consumer. A company is not entitled to profit because they made a product.

Can't really figure out what all the fuss is about aside from the DRM, the servers will be fixed so why complain.

I don't understand why people are claiming Diablo 3 is not single player. A single player game is a game where a single person plays. One person, ONE. A multi-player game has more than one player (two or more people) playing at the same time, in the same game.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with online/offline. I have played multi-player games where the other person uses the same keyboad as you, at the same time as you. I have played multi-player games where you play hot seat with other people. I have played them using LAN's. There have been single player games that can be played with other people, or on your own (NWN being on of my fav's).

To call Diablo 3 single player is accurate. You can play the game as a multi-player and in that case call it multi-player is accurate. But to say it is NOT single player is wrong.

LiquidGrape:
So this is happening already.

In short, within the first few hours of its launch, D3 has already accumulated half the amount of negative "reviews" which Mass Effect 3 has garnered in total at this juncture.
Currently, it's user score is a measly 3.3.

Speaking as someone who doesn't have the game, I'm curious to know whether those who have actually played it would say this reaction is warranted; server issues, DRM and auction house aside?

Question: does this finally prove that gaming culture has a certain measure of entitlement issues, or is it merely the righteous indignation of customers and fans scorned?

It's probably to a large part frustrations about the issues it has had so far in it's first days, with disconnects and entire regions not being able to connect to the servers. and thanks to no offline mode people arent even able to play it offline meanwhile.

Elamdri:

I'll tell you what. I remember back in the day when computer games didn't have DRM. You know what happened? Everyone stole them. Then I remember when CDkeys were created. And you know what happened? People came up with a CDkey generator. But it was a lot riskier and more of a pain in the butt. Now you have online authentication. And you know what, yeah it's still possible to crack. But it's still a pain in the butt. AND you still have to have internet, just now you're connecting to a private server.

The reality is: at some point pirates get the superior version of the game since others do the cracking for them and they don't have to deal with any of the DRM issues the real customers are facing.

The gaming industry is the only industry where the customers applaud companies that release products that don't work when they are bought and that insults anyone that thinks otherwise.

LiquidGrape:
Speaking as someone who doesn't have the game, I'm curious to know whether those who have actually played it would say this reaction is warranted; server issues, DRM and auction house aside?

Question: does this finally prove that gaming culture has a certain measure of entitlement issues, or is it merely the righteous indignation of customers and fans scorned?

Gameplay wise, it definitely doesn't deserve below an 8. It's well polished, and it's more diablo. It's not massively innovative and it doesn't really bring anything new to the table, but it's fun to play, with a well-told, engaging story and a high level of polish.

Unfortunately, the servers are fucking retarded and the game has done nothing but piss me off all day. It's been laggy (occasionally to the point of flat-out unplayability), and the servers have crashed repeatedly, with the last downtime lasting for multiple hours.

I'm mostly pissed off that they didn't include an offline mode, because that would solve 99% of all of my issues with the game.

What is all this nonsense about the game being unplayable due to server issues? Aside from barely noticeable lag every twenty minutes or so I've been happily clicking my way through dungeons yesterday.
I think the game is fun... not much else to say. I never played D1 and D2, so I have no frame of reference, meaning I can judge D3 on its own merits. Aside from the technical issues surrounding the game (always online, DRM, auction house), I'd say it's good. Not a lot of depth to it, but it's entertaining, and definitely doesn't deserve an average score of 3.3 in my humble opinion.

this review bombing seems like a stupid way to try to get your point across if they even have one

Even worse, they are actually giving useful votes to other trolls so you can't get the genuine reviews.

I think in this particular case, but probably not in general, the DRM may be unnecessary. I've looked at LPs and trailers and stuff on YouTube and on many the top comment says 'This is a good game. Anyone who pirates it is a twat' or 'These people deserve out money and respect' etc.
Maybe the number of people who don't buy it cos they hate DRM or can't maintain an internet connection is actually higher then the number would be of people who would have not bought it cos they pirated it if it didn't have always online/DRM.

jpoon:
Blizzard & Craptivision deserve every single bit of this horrible rating specifically because of their DRM. Let's face it...the game is awesome but the DRM pretty much has ruined it for a shit-ton of people all across the globe. If you're going to use this kind of shitware at least make damn certain it's going to work when you release it.

It's pretty aggravating that almost NO other industry other than gaming can release products that don't actually work out of the box and get away with it continually. Fucking annoying!

Because this industry then does you the favor of fixing the problems for free, and with little to no effort on your part, while enhancing the product over time. Normally when I get a car, drive it, then find out it gets terrible gas mileage, I can't tell the company to fix it and expect any sort of result. Normally if I get a broken part to something I order I can't tell them to come out to my place and fix the part for me. This particular industry has products which, for better or worse, can be changed both quickly and easily. I'd rather have a product which doesn't work for the first 24 hours, then provides many, many hours of entertainment and improves in quality, as opposed to a product which starts at a bad state and gets steadily worse. Maybe that isn't your preference.

Diablo 3 simply does not deserve the hate. Great game, really fun to play. Day 1 server issues? Oh no, couldn't skip school as planned to spend all day playing a game. Honestly one of the least inconvenient problems ever. Colors are too bright? I'm not gonna get into that. People can have their opinions. But server problems that are now fixed? It has been a single day. We'll all live.

Rooster Cogburn:

Kurt Horsting:
lets just get something out of the way first. D3 is not single player and was not built to be played only with single player. Please stop fucking talking about this as some sort of tragedy like an entitled little shit about a game that wasn't even trying to be single player.

It was very obviously designed to support single player and lots of people will play it that way. It's forebears supported single player and most similar titles support single player. The only difference between Diablo III and those other games in regard to single player functionality is the DRM. The issue is not that the game doesn't support single player- it does- but the uber-draconian DRM. Can we please stop pretending the always online requirement is some non-feature instead of DRM?

But even if you insist that this game, alone in the genre, must not be played solo for whatever reason (many allude to this reason but I have seen no one articulate it), I think you have forgotten about LAN play. Which no longer exists, apparently. Because DRM. [Actually it's probably worse than that, but that's a different rant]

And finally, I don't see the connection between complaining about or criticizing a game's DRM scheme and "entitled".

Kurt Horsting:
2nd, it is complete bullshit that it is taking this fucking long to have the game run normally. It is complete hubris to assume that they should only go with "just enough" approach to server load. especially with numbers coming in that where saying this was going to be one of the most popular games of all time. They should know better. <--- this is the problem.

Believe it or not, I'm inclined to forgive them for this, if only because these problems seem typical for big online releases. Of course, the DRM scheme doesn't help this situation, either.

Or, how about we feel that logging into the service provides benefits that outweigh the downsides of having to be connected?

???

????

NO SURELY THAT COULD NOT BE IT

lapan:

LiquidGrape:
So this is happening already.

In short, within the first few hours of its launch, D3 has already accumulated half the amount of negative "reviews" which Mass Effect 3 has garnered in total at this juncture.
Currently, it's user score is a measly 3.3.

It's probably to a large part frustrations about the issues it has had so far in it's first days, with disconnects and entire regions not being able to connect to the servers. and thanks to no offline mode people arent even able to play it offline meanwhile.

Elamdri:

The reality is: at some point pirates get the superior version of the game since others do the cracking for them and they don't have to deal with any of the DRM issues the real customers are facing.

The gaming industry is the only industry where the customers applaud companies that release products that don't work when they are bought and that insults anyone that thinks otherwise.

Until pirates can completely replicate the social and multiplayer functions of Battle.net, they will be getting an inferior experience.

majora13:
"Question: does this finally prove that gaming culture has a certain measure of entitlement issues, or is it merely the righteous indignation of customers and fans scorned?"

Blizzard doesn't "deserve" a good score just because they made Diablo 2. User reviews are going to be based on their experience with the game, and that can't be divorce from things like horrible DRM.

Don't worry, "professional" critics are still going to rubber stamp this with a 9/10.

Actually a studio that was aquired by Blizzard and renamed Blizzard North made Diablo 2. Then they got rid of them and took it upon themselves to take way too long to make a bad sequel to it.

Funkamander:

Until pirates can completely replicate the social and multiplayer functions of Battle.net, they will be getting an inferior experience.

That particular paragraph was more about pirating in general than D3 in particular. And many of the audience that would pirate D3 are those that only want the single player experience anyways.

Damn right I'm entitled. If I paid sixty bucks for something, it sure has fuck better work. And if the reason it doesn't work is some bullshit DRM, I'm going to get my money back, because fuck any company that makes paying customers get an inferior product to pirates.

Funkamander:

Rooster Cogburn:

Kurt Horsting:

Kurt Horsting:

Or, how about we feel that logging into the service provides benefits that outweigh the downsides of having to be connected?

???

????

NO SURELY THAT COULD NOT BE IT

That still wouldn't explain why they couldn't include offline play. Not that it's a mystery demanding further explanation. It looks like you have perceived some slight or insult in the posts you quoted. Looking over my post again, I can see it may come off quite confrontational. Please believe I did not intend to offend or insult you. It sounded nicer in my head, I suppose.

TheKasp:

zombieshark6666:
I think it's sad that the zeroes will probably be deleted even though people have a right to be angry about not being able to play a single-player game offline. They warned about this before release! I don't care, people should be able to use whatever they purchased.

This does not justify a zero score. Especially since it is NOT news. Especially since D3 is obviously NOT an offline game.

I have to agree. Diablo 3 is a good idea mutilated by stupid design and security decisions, but that STILL doesn't justify the shortsighted, emotionally charged kneejerk reaction of zero-bombing it.

TheKasp:

zombieshark6666:
I think it's sad that the zeroes will probably be deleted even though people have a right to be angry about not being able to play a single-player game offline. They warned about this before release! I don't care, people should be able to use whatever they purchased.

This does not justify a zero score. Especially since it is NOT news. Especially since D3 is obviously NOT an offline game.

Diablo... Not... Offline... Must contain... Want to point and laugh... BAHAHAHA!! Oh god thats a good one.

To point this out also, and this is my whole point on the subject, the game openly allowed people to play it, but they fucked up with the DRM therefore the game was un-playable by so many that, yes, 0's are completely legit because the game didn't work.

i don't know if this is ironic or not but my internet kicked out for a bit just now

I see two good things in this.

First of all, it's great that people are angry about alway's online DRM.
And second I hope this makes more people realize what a waste of bloody time Metacritic is, the sooner it dies the better.

Aprilgold:

Diablo... Not... Offline... Must contain... Want to point and laugh... BAHAHAHA!! Oh god thats a good one.

*looks at Diablo 3*...

Yeah, it seems you are not able to read. Diablo 3 is fucking obvious not an offline game. It was known months before any kind of release or preorder could've been made. So what is your point?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked