Final Fantasy VII Offical announcment for PC

Pages PREV 1 2

GloatingSwine:
FFVII was already released on PC, millions of years ago. I still have it. You do need a PC from before the dawn of time to make it work though since it refuses to deal with any more modern hardware or operating systems.

Well, since I don't have a PC from before the dawn of time, this re-release is good news. :D

Oh fuck yes. I had the game for PC already but this is the best news I've had for a very long time. If they unfucked some of the worst things then I'm cool with it. It's -almost- as good news as a remake would have been.

I really wish they were giving this a fresh coat of paint... Its up to you, mod community!

GloatingSwine:
It's been on PSN for ages as well. Unless you really want to pay for a disc version there's no need to pay more than a few quid.

Fair enough, but I don't have a PS3 and was unaware of that.

One question. Will it be on Steam???? If so then I will be getting this. If not then it can burn.

Oh great, they patched the game and are re-re-releasing it? Just another 'trying to milk the cash cow even further' in my opinion. Even if it only costs $5, simply because it's fans will buy it anyway, even though it's still the exact same game that came out MANY years ago apart from some small patched up things.

Mcoffey:
Sounds good, assuming the price is right (Meaning 10 dollars or less). Has there been any word of a Steam release? They said download but didn't specifically mention any particular service.

It's exclusive to the Square Enix store so no Steam which means no buy for a lot of people

Even though I've got a mint PS1 copy and my PC copy works fine on my machine I'll probably end up getting it if it's going for the rumoured price.

I never knew it was so hard to replace midi tracks, 15 years... now how hard would it have been to just bow to the fan demand and do the damned remake that you keep insisting your not doing and yet keep teasing the fans about.

Please just do it, so the the hardcore fans /obsessive fanboys will maybe,hopefully stop talking about it... using kickstarter if you have to, license the unreal engine, you have the story tidy up the translation and get the voice actors you used for that movie advent calendar do some voice work.

But I know you won't listen, your going to keep on sitting on this golden goose till you think you need it, but your not seeing it clearly it's been 15 years, the fans that remain are not exactly pleased with the current state of the final fantasy franchise, realistically how much long do you expect them to wait? there not going to be around forever, and the more you tease them and then tell them it's not happening, the less likly they are to care when you actually do go
"Ya know what guys, here's FF VII =complete= with fancy new graphics, voice acting and more materia and golden chocobo's than you can shake a fistful of disposable income at".

sanquin:
Oh great, they patched the game and are re-re-releasing it? Just another 'trying to milk the cash cow even further' in my opinion. Even if it only costs $5, simply because it's fans will buy it anyway, even though it's still the exact same game that came out MANY years ago apart from some small patched up things.

You know how many relrealeases there have been?

One, this one. Hardly the 3 that you have spouted. (2 if you count the Int version given to Japan so all countries would have the same content)

HEY GUYS. THEY ONLY WAITED 15 YEARS TO RERELEASE THE GAME AND THEY ONLY TOOK THE TIME TO FIX IT FOR MODERN SYSTEMS. THE ABSOLUTE HORROR.

BOYCOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

The PSN version was done by emulation of the PS1 version and would hardly be a re-release in the traditional terms.

Ah cool, a version that actually works on my computer and doesn't consist of a million disks.
I might get this.

DustlessDragoon:

It's exclusive to the Square Enix store

...or maybe I won't.

DustlessDragoon:

Mcoffey:
Sounds good, assuming the price is right (Meaning 10 dollars or less). Has there been any word of a Steam release? They said download but didn't specifically mention any particular service.

It's exclusive to the Square Enix store so no Steam which means no buy for a lot of people

Oh, then yeah, unless the Square Enix store is like gog in that it's a straight download with no client bullshit to deal with I'll pass. I can get FFVII for like ten bucks on the PSN store for my PSP if I really want it.

Holy shitfuck batman... So much ignorance and bile over this shit...

It's a classic re-release on a digital platform at a cheap price. What the fucklockets is wrong with this? They're not releasing half of it as DLC... It's not using "always online" or otherwise aggressive and archaic forms of DRM... It's the same game, re-released for modern day computers, digitally, at a, supposedly, cheap price. Go be angry at someone who deserves it, like Activision-Blizzard or EA. Not only is this something every company ever does, and people enjoy, this is something the fans have actually requested. Why are people complaining? If you don't want it, don't buy it! This is quite literally the kind of problem you solve by doing nothing

Soulrender95:
I never knew it was so hard to replace midi tracks, 15 years... now how hard would it have been to just bow to the fan demand and do the damned remake that you keep insisting your not doing and yet keep teasing the fans about.

...wait, is this it? Are people STILL butthurt over them not re-making FFVII in full modern day quality?

You wanna know why they don't do it? You sure? Cause it really has been said to death by now. But if you want me to I'll indulge you, so pay attention:

The reason they aren't remaking FFVII is, not because they hate you, but quite simply
because

they

fucking

CAN'T.

FFVII took roughly 3 years and $45 million to develop (estimated to be equivalent to $64 million today, after inflation). In 1995-1997! This was a day and age in which building a room took a minute, an entire city could be done within a week (sometimes a day or two) and most games could be founded by a few guys saving up for a bit. The day and age in which entire games were created by teams that could fit inside a single average room. Seriously, take a look at 1997 in gaming.

Things have changed a lot in 15 years. The cost of development didn't double or triple. It ballooned several orders of magnitude! Things that used to take an hour to fully code now take days, sometimes weeks or months. Things that used to cost the same as a trip to starbucks now cost thousands upon thousands of dollars.

Square-Enix don't simply "remake" FFVII because doing so would require either an a) investment, in both time and money, of such utterly ridiculous proportions that they would never make enough money back, or b) having the game butchered to a degree that it would not be FFVII anymore, but merely a new FF with an FFVII "skin". Might as well make a new game then. Had they done that you'd be complaining that they "ruined" your precious FFVII, a mere shell of it's former self! And you'd be right! Because there's no other way to create a game as large, as "big scope" as FFVII in today's technology without severely scaling it down! It took 3 years and the equivalent to $64 million to make 15 years ago! Imagine what the time it would take and the money it would cost today!

So, one last time: FFVII is not going to happen because, simply put, it's not currently possible.

They don't hate you. They don't hate money. They don't have FFVII. They aren't having a big circle jerk at the sight of all the incessant whining.

They just, literally, can't do it.

[/rant]

They already put that out for PC a while ago... and if I recall correctly it kinda sucked. Besides, they're not making any changes to it. At least up the graphics a little, without that what am I buying? I game I already have for PS1?

Caliostro:

Soulrender95:

...wait, is this it? Are people STILL butthurt over them not re-making FFVII in full modern day quality?

You wanna know why they don't do it? You sure? Cause it really has been said to death by now. But if you want me to I'll indulge you, so pay attention:

The reason they aren't remaking FFVII is, not because they hate you, but quite simply
because

they

fucking

CAN'T.

[/rant]

Just to clarify, and so no one takes offence when reading the following, imagine an annoyed sigh from the writer, because that is the mood, annoyed but not angry.

I don't want a remake and I never said I did, what I said was (or thought I did say) Square-Enix is teasing the fans with the remake and then not doing it, this was another "tease and not doing it" move from them, it's the gaming equivalent of a cock-tease and they've been doing it for the best part of a decade.

It's old and I'm sick of it, this is what I am personally angry about, not that there not doing a game I completed 15 years ago and have moved on from, but the fact they keep stringing along people when it's quiet obvious they won't, and by the time they do it will be next to pointless.

But no, miss that point and go straight in and assume it's a butt hurt fan crying over a remake that won't happen, when it's a consumer annoyed that they keep dangling a carrot in front of the people who do want it.

You are right though it would cost a lot of money to do, it did then and would still now, hence why I included kick starter as a suggestion for them if there really worried it wouldn't recoup it's money, just because there a big development and publishing house doesn't mean they should ignore a viable funding source.

Or better yet, Square Enix could stop talking about FF VII, say not going to happen ever, stop doing tech demos of FF VII, or re-releasing minor updated versions of it, releasing sequels, prequels of varying degrees and let the world of VII just fade from public conciousness instead of dragging it up every five minuets.

Soulrender95:
snip

The problem is with you and not them. They have explicitly said they won't make it and you know this so there is no reason to start jumping to conclusions when they make a game in that same highly profitable universe,

Yes that's all well and good but this calls for my standard response to anything announced by Squeenix:

Where the fucking cunting hell is Versus 13 and where the fudge buggering hel is Kingdom Hearts 3?! D=<<

Damn it Square.

I never said I didn't have a problem with it and a quick search just to make sure but I can't find any definitive quote saying there not going to remake however it the closest to it was

Yoichi Wada

"We'll make a Final Fantasy VII remake once we've made a Final Fantasy game that exceeds to quality of Final Fantasy VII"

which is an effective but not quite no because of the high pedestal fans and the developers have put it on, I'd just be happier with a definitive no without the if's or buts, so yes I have a problem and yes it is just my problem but that doesn't stop me being annoyed by there fan teasing.

anyway let's just drop it I really don't want an argument with anyone over my personal dislike of a companies actions, all I wanted with my previous post was to clarify my position as a just a personal dislike of there attitude of teasing the people who are likely to jump to the remake conclusion constantly. mission accomplished.

I'd rather use my old pc version, there are enough mods and fan-patches out by now. I don't particulary care about achievements or a stat booster.

SkarKrow:
Yes that's all well and good but this calls for my standard response to anything announced by Squeenix:

Where the fucking cunting hell is Versus 13 and where the fudge buggering hel is Kingdom Hearts 3?! D=<<

Damn it Square.

See, Kingdom Hearts 3 isn't AS annoying because they keep releasing Kingdom Hearts games to fill the gap. Versus 13 only pisses me off because they don't appear to have done ANYTHING in the last 6-7 years. Seriously, it's like... once a year we get a new screenshot. If they were having obvious problems that'd be fine but it looks like they're just investing manpower in stuff like FFXIII-2 rather than something a lot of fans are eagerly waiting for.

Having said that, while it does require a fair bit of work, re-releasing FFVII for PC isn't a MASSIVE time-sink so I'm OK with them doing it o.o-b

80Maxwell08:
Well from what I understand there's quite a few mods for FFVII for the graphics. Provided those will work on this sure I'll get it but not on release. I'm going to give this one a bit of time to see if everything is working.

There are quite a few mods for graphics! Sadly the graphics are still terrible after applying them. :(

CaptainMarvelous:

See, Kingdom Hearts 3 isn't AS annoying because they keep releasing Kingdom Hearts games to fill the gap. Versus 13 only pisses me off because they don't appear to have done ANYTHING in the last 6-7 years. Seriously, it's like... once a year we get a new screenshot. If they were having obvious problems that'd be fine but it looks like they're just investing manpower in stuff like FFXIII-2 rather than something a lot of fans are eagerly waiting for.

Having said that, while it does require a fair bit of work, re-releasing FFVII for PC isn't a MASSIVE time-sink so I'm OK with them doing it o.o-b

Kingdom Hearts definately isn't as bad as Versus 13.
Also FF13-2 was pretty good imo, I picked it up recently and it was what 13 should have been. Deus Ex: Human Revolution was another good Squeenix title.

But I just want Versus 13. It's one of the titles that persuaded me to the PS3 as my main console hub. I want it now and it pisses me off that in 6 or 7 years nothing has happened. They could at least give Type-0 a western release to soften the pain a touch.

Thank god it's finally here, I waited 15 years for this moment!

But the JRPG plus Duke Nukem impersonator combo in that trailer just made my day, you couldn't possibly make it more absurd... ok maybe with dubstep.

Soulrender95:

Just to clarify, and so no one takes offence when reading the following, imagine an annoyed sigh from the writer, because that is the mood, annoyed but not angry.

I don't want a remake and I never said I did, what I said was (or thought I did say) Square-Enix is teasing the fans with the remake and then not doing it, this was another "tease and not doing it" move from them, it's the gaming equivalent of a cock-tease and they've been doing it for the best part of a decade.

It's old and I'm sick of it, this is what I am personally angry about, not that there not doing a game I completed 15 years ago and have moved on from, but the fact they keep stringing along people when it's quiet obvious they won't, and by the time they do it will be next to pointless.

But no, miss that point and go straight in and assume it's a butt hurt fan crying over a remake that won't happen, when it's a consumer annoyed that they keep dangling a carrot in front of the people who do want it.

You are right though it would cost a lot of money to do, it did then and would still now, hence why I included kick starter as a suggestion for them if there really worried it wouldn't recoup it's money, just because there a big development and publishing house doesn't mean they should ignore a viable funding source.

Or better yet, Square Enix could stop talking about FF VII, say not going to happen ever, stop doing tech demos of FF VII, or re-releasing minor updated versions of it, releasing sequels, prequels of varying degrees and let the world of VII just fade from public conciousness instead of dragging it up every five minuets.

When have they EVER teased you over it?

They said, rather explicitly several times: "WE'RE NOT DOING IT! NOT NOW AND MOST LIKELY NOT EVER!" They've apologised for the original PS3 Tech demo (been quite a few years now...) for sending the wrong message, and they've said over and over it's not going to happen. They won't say they'll NEVER do it, because most likely they'd LOVE to do it, it's a gold mine sitting just outside of reach. But they can't do it now. They might do it if it ever becomes plausible, but for now it's not happening.

Again, this is a digital re-release of a classic. Everyone and their mother does this these days. It's great, people love it, it's good money for the company. I'm personally looking forward to it. If you don't want it, then don't buy it. Simply do nothing. How much of a problem is it if you can fix it by not doing anything?

They're not teasing you, they're not taunting you, they're not fucking with you in any fashion - You are. Square-Enix is a company, not a saturday morning cartoon villain. They gain NOTHING from cock teasing their fans with a project that would be worth quite a lot of money to them, but that they can't deliver just to see them frustrated. You're the one who's so obsessed with this shit that they can never say anything related to it that you think they're "teasing you" with something they've said time and again will not happen.

malestrithe:
One of the features included is the ability to hack the system to get more items to get you out of a tough spot. Wow, because the designers included that in the game means that they know how inferior PC gamers are to console scrubs. If they can't get past an area because it too hard, they turn on the cheater and get out of that jam. Console gamers are real gamers because they did not have built in cheats to guide them.

Gameshark, codebreaker, save hacking, etc. These things exist for a reason. At least for the PC most of the cheating is in the game, console scrubs are desperate and fail enough to pay extra for a device.

Daystar Clarion:

Matthew94:

Daystar Clarion:
FF7 has been out on PC for years.

This isn't even news :D

It actually is, if people would stop being so snarky and reposting this "it's already there lulullul"

The game was notoriously shit on PC and now it's actually fixed, that alone is news.

Stop ruining it for me Matt, I don't get to be sarcastic very often.

Huh? Your sarcastic all the time!

OT: Woot. So this will be my... fifth or sixth version of this game.

Now, REMAKE FINAL FANTASY IX ALREADY DAMNIT!

Capitano Segnaposto:

Daystar Clarion:

Matthew94:

It actually is, if people would stop being so snarky and reposting this "it's already there lulullul"

The game was notoriously shit on PC and now it's actually fixed, that alone is news.

Stop ruining it for me Matt, I don't get to be sarcastic very often.

Huh? Your sarcastic all the time!

OT: Woot. So this will be my... fifth or sixth version of this game.

Now, REMAKE FINAL FANTASY IX ALREADY DAMNIT!

Another one?

I was being sarcastic about not being sarcastic very often :D

SkarKrow:

Damn it Square.

Some other questions: where did Bambi go, what's he doing, and where the hell is Gaston?

Yoichi Wada

"We'll make a Final Fantasy VII remake once we've made a Final Fantasy game that exceeds to quality of Final Fantasy VII"

Translation: "We're not remaking our worst game until we finish remaking Final Fantasy V."

penguindude42:

SkarKrow:

Damn it Square.

Some other questions: where did Bambi go, what's he doing, and where the hell is Gaston?

Yoichi Wada

Translation: "We're not remaking our worst game until we finish remaking Final Fantasy V."

Not worst. Most overated.

My least favourite FF is almost definately 13. Just because it was boring. I did enjoy 13-2 though!

Not terribly interested; I've already got it on my PSP through PSN, and I'm currently ignoring it in favor of Chrono Trigger/Cross. I always thought it was overrated, regardless.

Caliostro:

When have they EVER teased you over it?

They said, rather explicitly several times: "WE'RE NOT DOING IT! NOT NOW AND MOST LIKELY NOT EVER!" They've apologised for the original PS3 Tech demo (been quite a few years now...) for sending the wrong message, and they've said over and over it's not going to happen. They won't say they'll NEVER do it, because most likely they'd LOVE to do it, it's a gold mine sitting just outside of reach. But they can't do it now. They might do it if it ever becomes plausible, but for now it's not happening.

Again, this is a digital re-release of a classic. Everyone and their mother does this these days. It's great, people love it, it's good money for the company. I'm personally looking forward to it. If you don't want it, then don't buy it. Simply do nothing. How much of a problem is it if you can fix it by not doing anything?

They're not teasing you, they're not taunting you, they're not fucking with you in any fashion - You are. Square-Enix is a company, not a saturday morning cartoon villain. They gain NOTHING from cock teasing their fans with a project that would be worth quite a lot of money to them, but that they can't deliver just to see them frustrated. You're the one who's so obsessed with this shit that they can never say anything related to it that you think they're "teasing you" with something they've said time and again will not happen.

*annoyed sigh*

Why do you insist on making this about me and why are you so angry about it? I do -not- want a remake, nor do I need a remake,I have the original on playstation and it still works fine the last time I bothered to play it, however people do want a remake and it's the companies attitude towards them that drew my ire now you personally might not seeing it as taunting and teasing but I do, Different opinions and all that, I came to a thread about FF7 to express that opinion, you disagree with it and I'm cool with that.

I never called them evil, SatAM or otherwise, I just said I felt it was (in my opinion) a bad business practice and when there latest statement from two weeks ago indicates that they will eventually remake it when they've made something better, this again is -not- a denial, and I cannot say I've ever seen them make an outright denial of ever remaking it, they've given reasons why they can't or won't do it yet and made it clear there not doing it now, but they have never said there not doing it ever. I'd just rather they'd do it so I didn't have to listen to fans cry about it.

in short please stop putting words into my mouth as I am fully capable of doing so myself , however if you want to debate my opinion on a company that seems to be trolling it's fan base however unintentionally, then can we do it in a reasonable manner without all the anger?
if not then I have no more to say to you, so please as I asked before let it drop or at the very least stop directing your anger at me for having an opinion you don't agree with.

Shadowsetzer:
Not terribly interested; I've already got it on my PSP through PSN, and I'm currently ignoring it in favor of Chrono Trigger/Cross. I always thought it was overrated, regardless.

Can you get FFVII on the Vita at the moment? If so how? I can't find it :(

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked