Bizarrely Easy Boss Fights

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Ryotknife:
snip

try defeating her WITHOUT typhoon.

I did, she was laughable. All of the boss fights in that game were bloody weird though.

I'd say the final boss in Dark Souls too it's just like one dude with a sword :/

Every boss in the Pokemon series except for the last few ones. (8th and maybe 7th gym leaders and the elite four) There were a couple exceptions, Watson was a very hard battle if you didn't evolve Mudkip, and every single boss in Pokemon Colosseum was incredibly difficult, the final boss in particular was a lot harder than it should have been.

Moonlight Butterfly:

Ryotknife:
snip

I did, she was laughable. All of the boss fights in that game were bloody weird though.

I'd say the final boss in Dark Souls too it's just like one dude with a sword :/

Bah, i hated her. she is still one of the most difficult bosses ive ever faced due to my stealth/non lethal builds that i play as.

I didnt have typhoon or electic immunity. took me hours upon hours to beat her (cant get in a gunfight as she kills near instantly with smgs, cant electrify the floor as it quickly kills you). The only way ive ever beaten her (on two different playthroughs) was to liter the entire area with mines and pop out with my heavy rifle whenever she was stunned (which still only worked like 10% of the time).

Barret was easy, just lob barrels at him like Donkey Kong. Third boss i beat on my first try with just cover and gunning.

but yea, first playthrough after 30 tries to beat her I restarted my entire game and went with a slightly more offensive build as i had no weapons or abilities that worked well against her. Weigraff from Final Fantasy Tactics has nothing on her.........

yea, i could have gone with electric immunity or typhoon to make the fight super easy, but that seems like cheating.

Ryotknife:
snip

It's a really odd game your ability choices can really effect how stuff goes down for better or worse. It's why the boss fights really didn't fit into that game. I heard they were like pasted on afterwards by another company to please the publishers -.- which explains why they aren't balanced at all.

Yu Yevon from Final Fantasy X.

After the pain in the ass that was Jecht right before it, this guy was an absolute joke and a half. :/

Legion:

Magenera:
Wilhem from Borderlands2. Hearing how difficult he is, and how he took down the last vault hunters you would think he would be a badass. Went out real quick.

That was entirely intentional. Did you actually pay attention to the dialogue afterwards, or are you merely copying Yahtzee?

Honestly, the game flat out tells you why he was so easy, it's an actual plot point.

Saren in the original Mass Effect. After that epic fight up the tower, I was all geared up for an epic boss fight. Then I talked my way out of one phase of the battle, and the zombie version was laughably easy, but then again so is every enemy that's susceptible to push, lift, and warp.

Ganon in Wind Waker is another one. The last phase of the puppet was pretty hard, and then you get that. Granted, it's incredibly epic and really felt like a climactic sword fight to a movie, so I'm good with that.

Borderlands 2 - Wilhelm...

Soo much build up... his own map as a mini staging area, and it starts by him throwing a train at you...

The brakes come off, I throw a grenade, run to some more space (as he moved to where I was) threw another grenade, zoomed on his head (sniper rifle) and shot 3 times... Boss done... I didn't even get a scratch!

Then, as I tried to pick his loot, I didn't realise that the Surveyors were still there and only won due to a second wind! :/

Yes... Wilhelm didn't scratch me, but I was killed by a surveyor! FMBL:2L!

EDIT: I will point out that yes, I did get why it was easy... but when I looked online all it states that he is the first major boss, and that some people find it hard...
I think I just lucked out at the start!

Half life?
If I remember right, the end "boss" was mega easy?
I found it harder to kill the Black Mesa dudes - although this may have come down to having hardly any ammo and having to use a crowbar...

The final boss of Ratchet and Clank 2, Drek from the first game was pretty tough, and that fuzz ball was just disappointingly easy.

The Destroyer and the Warrior, from Borderlands 1&2 respectively. After a fairly challenging campaign, I was expecting a big challenge both times and both times I was let down. I just wish those boss fights could have had phases that changed up the routine. That's all I got for now

Elementary - Dear Watson:
Borderlands 2 - Wilhelm...

Soo much build up... his own map as a mini staging area, and it starts by him throwing a train at you...

The brakes come off, I throw a grenade, run to some more space (as he moved to where I was) threw another grenade, zoomed on his head (sniper rifle) and shot 3 times... Boss done... I didn't even get a scratch!

Then, as I tried to pick his loot, I didn't realise that the Surveyors were still there and only won due to a second wind! :/

Yes... Wilhelm didn't scratch me, but I was killed by a surveyor! FMBL:2L!

EDIT: I will point out that yes, I did get why it was easy... but when I looked online all it states that he is the first major boss, and that some people find it hard...
I think I just lucked out at the start!

People probably find it hard because if you don't wipe him in the first couple seconds, he gets a bazillion Surveyors to power him up and render him near immortal if you let them. A lot more noticable on PT2 because he summons Badass Surveyors and such.

I'm actually going to add another: Harper from Resident Evil 6. Even on Professional difficulty, I beat her both times (During Leon and Ada's stories) without getting damaged once. She was just kind of...sad.

krazykidd:

Ryotknife:

mitchell271:
So I was playing through Deus Ex: Human Revolution recently and...

So, has anyone else played a game with a oddly easy boss fight?

This ,my first playthrough on hard i didn't know about typhoon . So much rage .

OT: so following the OPs example . Final fantasy 8 , Zombie president , phoenix down , win .

FF9 had it was well, the boss that was causing the mist. It keep doing undead effects and I was near death so I decided to give it a try. Think it took 2 high powered healing items (or a healing and a res, was long ago) and it was dead XD. But I actually thought it was a good thing, hate when you meet a boss with qualities of a normal mob but without its weakness.

DarkestBlue:
From Fallout: New Vegas - Old World Blues

I had no ammo. All my points were poured into science, medicine, speech, guns and repair. That goddamn scorpion had me hiding in a corner with the unique proton axe. Fortunately with 100 medicine, stimpaks only take one or two uses to restore me to full health...but still. The fight was a bitch. I couldn't get around him because my armour was broken, and I had nothing but my axe and no melee skill.

So...yeah. Sucked.

For mine, any bosses in the first two campaigns of Aliens vs Predator. The 2011 shooter, not the RTS. The first Praetorian took me a minute to figure out because I kept cornering myself or ignoring the xenomorphs around him...which was frankly a stupid move because even a single xenomorph can tear your bollocks out before you realise he's there. Then there was the fight against the two Praetorians outside the Predator temple, and that was easy as hell. They stood roaring at me from the other side of the bridge. I emptied a clip from the sniper's rife into one of their headcrests and he advanced slowly, and alone, pushing through the machinegun fire from the automated turret. Then he died. And then the OTHER one finally decided he should do something useful and advanced too.

And then at the end of the Alien campaign, the Elite Hunter. Good lord he was easy. Fun fight though, felt like a proper tussle. Like it should've done. But I think I took damage all of once during that fight, and then the Hunter ran away to hide from me, and the xenomorph's regenerative health rendered that single hit totally useless.

The final boss of Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance.

I found it VERY easy in comparison the the fight prior to that (The fight prior was pretty hard)

TeletubbiesGolfGun:
you're using typhoon...

your argument is invalid. that is so OP to the point it's not funny.

OT:

vermivorous the invincible on borderlands 2 was fucking cake.

Really? I heard he's suppose to have more Health than Terrormorphus. Havent actually tried it myself (fucking hate varkid, tend to avoid them if possible.

WanderingFool:

TeletubbiesGolfGun:
you're using typhoon...

OT:

Really? I heard he's suppose to have more Health than Terrormorphus. Havent actually tried it myself (fucking hate varkid, tend to avoid them if possible.

oh i was kidding, i haven't actually faced him yet since it's piss hard to get em to even spawn, and it's not like i actively go searching to get raped in borderlands 2.

but yes, i watched a youtube video, that thing is walking death, fucking ridiculous.

TeletubbiesGolfGun:

WanderingFool:

TeletubbiesGolfGun:
you're using typhoon...

OT:

oh i was kidding, i haven't actually faced him yet since it's piss hard to get em to even spawn, and it's not like i actively go searching to get raped in borderlands 2.

but yes, i watched a youtube video, that thing is walking death, fucking ridiculous.

Oh, thanks for getting my hopes up that he wasnt really all that hard... now I really dont want to try this guy[1].

[1] No malicous-ness intended, BTW. All in good jest.

WanderingFool:

TeletubbiesGolfGun:

WanderingFool:

Oh, thanks for getting my hopes up that he wasnt really all that hard... now I really dont want to try this guy

well if you're like me, and solo most everything, you probably don't have the most amazing loot laying around, so i would definitely say it will be hard..but, here is some video footage for you gaze at:

you steamy little cock![1]
I'm going to rip you apart![2]
[1] i fucking hate you, you fucking jerk!
[2] just kidding!

I always found Mephisto from Diablo 2 to be lame... he's pretty much the only boss in the whole game that gives me no problems at all, even some minor uniques are harder than him. (for me)

naam:

Legion:

Magenera:
Wilhem from Borderlands2. Hearing how difficult he is, and how he took down the last vault hunters you would think he would be a badass. Went out real quick.

That was entirely intentional. Did you actually pay attention to the dialogue afterwards, or are you merely copying Yahtzee?

Honestly, the game flat out tells you why he was so easy, it's an actual plot point.

The plot point was made after you beat him, once you take what he drops and uses it. So you are supposed to think he will be a challenge, and when you beat him you are supposed to think "Well that was easy", because then when you find out why, it all slots into place nicely.

mitchell271:

PoorCollegeLad:
I did a quick skim and as far as I saw nobody mentioned Bioshock! Honestly, that last boss fight, besides being an anomaly in that game, was piss easy for me. And hell, everyone says that whole game is easy, but that just didn't ring true for me, so the fact I didn't fear death at all at the end was something else.

Try playing with the Vita-Chambers turned off. The game is much, much harder and creepier that way.

I didn't even know that was an option, how do I do it and what happens if you die with them turned off?

OT: Bioshock's final boss was easier than the Big Daddies.

Also N. Gin in Crash Bandicoot Warped. It was boss number 4 and I say all the other bosses were harder.

Darth Vader in The Force Unleashed 2. he's tedious, but extremly easy

Shoggoth2588:
Anybody remember Lucien from Fable 2? If not than SPOILER WARNING

Thank you Reaver, for ending the game for me.

As for bosses your fight on your own...I dunno, Ifrit from Final Fantasy VIII? I mean, you can grind your way up to Demi-Godhood before taking him on so that makes things almost insultingly easy.

You know in that fable fight

Anyway I think that the Fable 2 one is the best choice. I feel like this happens in a number of wrpg's though, the character just becomes so freaking powerful by the end of it.

How about the prophet regret from Halo 2? I don't remember ever dying against him and I tend to die quite a bit in Halo.

Winthrop:

How about the prophet regret from Halo 2? I don't remember ever dying against him and I tend to die quite a bit in Halo.

I remember Halo 2 having the most half-assed boss fights of any FPS I've ever played. Halo was completely devoid of bosses from what I remember and the last guy you fight in 3...I would classify that as a joke boss in any other genre but Halo 2 seemed like it wanted to try but gave up after the Heretic Leader. It's kind of funny how Regret was the boss but it was much more difficult defeating his guards.

skywolfblue:
The human reaper thingymajig from ME2.

Fights with Praetorians or Scions were hard as hell, but the much vaunted final boss? Piece of Pie.

I don't know I found it quite hard to fight back while dying with laughter from the ridiculousness of the situation.

Probably the final boss (actually the final 2 bosses) from Darksiders 2. (Keep in mind I played the game on Apocolyptic which made it even stranger).

I mean I finished the game thinking "Okay... when's the actual boss going to come out?"

But he never did. Not that I was disappointed or anything, the game is pretty awsome.

But I gotta admit, that final blow was one of the most damn awsome executions I've ever seen.

Bob the Goldfish in Earthworm Jim.

Final boss in Bayonetta

You might argue that the boss is bugged in one section so it makes you enter an inescapable stun lock nightmare, however beyond that it's actually pretty easy. I only had two deaths during that boss fight, and both of them were because of bugs.

Wilhelm from Borderlands 2.

The characters didn't even finish telling me how badass he was and how he was going to kick my ass by the time he went down. Then again, it's easy to assume Jack wanted Wilhelm to lose.

Fallout 3 final boss.
He doesn't even wear armor.
Why even put him there?

Arkham Asylum: Pick any boss.

Shade of Akama in Black Temple.

I also found the Leviathan in Dead Space to be stupidly easy.

Handsome jack from borderlands I killed in one slice of my sword.

Ice Car:
Wilhelm from Borderlands 2.

The characters didn't even finish telling me how badass he was and how he was going to kick my ass by the time he went down. Then again, it's easy to assume Jack wanted Wilhelm to lose.

It's easy to assume this because they explicitly tell you that five minutes after the fight.

Olrod:
The boss at the end of Cosmo Canyon in Final Fantasy VII.

X-Potion = Win.

Shoot, man, you don't even need to waste an X-potion. A phoenix down will do the trick.

Also, my entry is "every boss in FFVII." The storyline bosses, anyway. When I played through it as a kid, I would occasionally have problems killing certain enemies. But back then I thought the enemy skill materia was useless. Now that I'm replaying as an adult and actually using the thing, I can honestly say that it completely breaks disc 1, if not the entire game. I have not had a single game over screen this playthrough. not even against the Midgar Zolom with party levels in the high teens. It's ridiculous.

Edit: I should note, I'm just talking about enemy skill here. I'm not even talking about the kind of complicated materia combinations that let you auto grind by taping down the circle button and a direction.

Edit Edit: Another Final Fantasy example. In Final Fantasy Tactics, the boss at the end of chapter one (the nobleman, whatever his name is) went down in one hit for me. I had a black mage with Ice 3, and one casting took him down. I think the FF devs expect players to run away from more random battles than I wind up doing.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked