so, Smash Bros Wii U

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

A Smooth Criminal:

Sould1n:

SkarKrow:

Tingle...

Tingle?...

Tingle!??!@!

Not before they add in Vaati I hope D: or Tetra/Zelda. Yeah Toon Link could do with being different, he does handle differently but with the same moves if thats any consolation.

Hell I'd rather Postman than Tingle.

Hey, thanks for quoting me, it's always nice to see my comments being spotted. Even if you only quoted one word... I knew this suggestion wasn't going to go down well.

Anyway, my point about Tingle is true, out of all possible Legend of Zelda characters that could appear in the next Super Smash Bros, he is the most deserving of that spot. He is one of the most recurring Legend of Zelda characters and at that, has been the main playable character in three different games... admittedly, I don't believe any of these came to the USA, but they were released in Japan and Europe. He was also playable in Wind Waker via the Tingle Tuner. How many other Legend of Zelda characters can cite that they were playable?

As for his use as a Balloon Fight styled character, one of his three games was a Japan only Balloon Fight update, starring Tingle as the main character. He has appearances and a great many interesting possibilities for a fighting style. I know he is not well liked, but think about it on the basis of which characters deserve to be in the game, and Tingle ranks higher than, well, higher than a great majority of suggested characters for Super Smash Bros.

Roy and Marth were only featured in one game that was only released in Japan. Eliwood was featured in two games, one of which was translated to English to be released outside of Japan. All Eliwood has gotten in terms of Smash Bros is a sticker.

Also, considering that Tingle's role in Zelda is mostly support, and he's not an important character in any of Link's games, I think that an assist trophy is fitting for him.

Marth was featured in the very first Fire Emblem game... he also had two appearances as the main character of a Fire Emblem, as the third Fire Emblem game was a sequel to the first Fire Emblem game.

Roy on the other hand hadn't even appeared in a game when Super Smash Bros Melee came out. Roy's inclusion into Super Smash Bros was done to market the upcoming Fire Emblem game. Something I personally disagree with, and part of the reason why I was never saddened by Roy's removal, he was in the game as nothing more than a marketing ploy.

As for why Eliwood hasn't appeared in the games... well both his game appearances (if I'm correct were March 2002 and April 2003) were after Melee which is the reason he wasn't included in that game. As for Brawl, well I'm not sure if he was playable in one of those Fire Emblem games, while Ike, along with being more recent, also boasted a two games main character role and both English translated ports. I see your point though; however I still argue that Tingle is more worthy of a spot than most people tend to think.

Sould1n:

Marth was featured in the very first Fire Emblem game... he also had two appearances as the main character of a Fire Emblem, as the third Fire Emblem game was a sequel to the first Fire Emblem game.

Roy on the other hand hadn't even appeared in a game when Super Smash Bros Melee came out. Roy's inclusion into Super Smash Bros was done to market the upcoming Fire Emblem game. Something I personally disagree with, and part of the reason why I was never saddened by Roy's removal, he was in the game as nothing more than a marketing ploy.

As for why Eliwood hasn't appeared in the games... well both his game appearances (if I'm correct were March 2002 and April 2003) were after Melee which is the reason he wasn't included in that game. As for Brawl, well I'm not sure if he was playable in one of those Fire Emblem games, while Ike, along with being more recent, also boasted a two games main character role and both English translated ports. I see your point though; however I still argue that Tingle is more worthy of a spot than most people tend to think.

Marth was a typo. I noted him down to edit, but forgot.

And Eliwood was playable in both Fire Emblem games.

The point is that he's just as worthy as Tingle, but Tingle is given a support role in smash bros to suit his support role in zelda.

Also, there's Young link (who'll probably be removed), Link, Zelda and Ganondorf already, all of whom are main characters in the Zelda franchise. I don't think they need to make 5 Zelda characters.

I wonder what character they could announce that would cause as much fucking hype and mayhem as Snake and Sonic in brawl? Those two are seen as Sony and Sega's mascots respectively, yet they were in one of Nintendo's big franchises! If Master Chief were to be announced I'm pretty sure the entire internet would explode. Banjo and Kazooie would also cause widespread joy-attacks, and I'm sure there's a few others I can't think of.

Other than that, I'm pretty much certain Bayonetta will be in it. They had Zero Suit Samus, so I'm pretty sure if they don't do too much they'll be able to put her in a Teen rated game.

I want Solid Snake to come back.

Knuckles wouldn't hurt either.

More stages would be great.

Another storyline like the Subspace Emissary would be the tits.

A Smooth Criminal:

Sould1n:

Marth was a typo. I noted him down to edit, but forgot.

And Eliwood was playable in both Fire Emblem games.

The point is that he's just as worthy as Tingle, but Tingle is given a support role in smash bros to suit his support role in zelda.

Also, there's Young link (who'll probably be removed), Link, Zelda and Ganondorf already, all of whom are main characters in the Zelda franchise. I don't think they need to make 5 Zelda characters.

My point about Tingle being included was as a replacement for Toon Link/Young Link, not as a matter of including five playable Legend of Zelda characters. The only series I see possibly having five characters representing them in the next Super Smash Bros would be Mario or Pokémon, though I personally would prefer if they focused on bringing representatives for other Nintendo series such as Little Mac to represent Punch Out or Starfy to represent the Stary series.

Thanks for that bit of info regarding Eliwood.

I want them to finish it for one, with most of the inspiration coming from Melee. Yeah, you remember

I like the idea of the story mode, but I really don't want it to load so much again, and to repeat some levels like it did in Brawl. I was thrilled when I saw it layed out like the stage selection screen from Mario Bros. 3. Well, I wish it looked as interesting as the Mario Brothers 3 map. Seriously, the points just went all over the place.

A Bigger map editor because I love map editing, and just more of every thing else, though I'm not expecting it.

A really functional online system would be beautiful. I have a great internet connection but for some reason Brawl still did lagg often.

As for characters, I agree with Megaman and Knuckles. I'd also like to see Marina from Mischief Makers make an appearance, because Mischief Makers was a awesome game. It's one of those hidden gems. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mischief_Makers

Now then, moving onto listing down features I would like to see. I guess the first thing I should clarify is the differences between the 3DS and Wii U version. I'm okay with the possibility of there being a great many differences between the versions, particularly in what experiences they will be offering. I however draw the line at their being differences between the characters. All of the characters should be available on both versions and should play the exact same. I would also like to extend this factor to stages with possible exception to cosmetic differences (for instance, have a Wii U version stage styled around Battalion Wars and a 3DS stage styled around the latest, darker Advance Wars but have the stages designed the exact same, all the same events happen, they just look different), but am mostly okay if they do have a couple of stages available only on the different versions. Moving on then, features I would like to see:

* A new story mode - I loved Brawl's story mode (I'm not sure why I'm seeing so many people complain about it). The style reminded me of Kirby's Fun Pack (Super Star), the story was simple but enjoyable, and it provided a long experience of lovely playtime. I'd love to see another one of these, preferably with the areas and enemies being taken from the various Nintendo series like Melee's Adventure Mode. One real nifty feature to think about is that using the Wii U game pads, you'd be able to separate your two characters and explore different directions.

I do not expect this to be the same for the 3DS though, if they are aiming to provide a more personal, single player experience. I think a more RPG focused story mode, you choose a character, go through various events and battles, encounter choices that change your journey, and collect stickers to upgrade your character. In a way, a more advanced version of the Street Quest for the 3DS system, although inspiration for this for me came from Soul Calibur II's Weapon Master Mode.

* An improved Stage Editor - I loved the original stage editor but would love to see it even better. More backgrounds, the ability to make areas off screen (like Sonic's Green Hill stage, there is land beyond the visible screen point), to connect the stage to the ground, and the ability to add lava or water. The ability to colour in your various set pieces would also be a nice feature.

* Arcade Endings for Classic Mode - As in cut-scenes for Classic Mode, not just a quick slideshow and picture. I would love to see Nintendo presenting quick little presentations of how some of the characters would interact, or even giving the Classic Mode its own sort of side story, to explain why they are fighting Master Hand and what happens when they beat him.

* Co-Op Classic Mode - I don't really need to explain this one, title says it all.

* Remove Tripping.

* Alternative Costumes - I do not mean in the sense of changing Marth to Roy, that would just be a different character entirely, but things like a costume where Marth has his mask or Mario wears his Dr Mario outfit, sort of like how they've done Wario in Brawl.

* One or two stages from each of the three previous Super Smash Bros - I want to be able to play on not just some of the old Brawl stages, but a couple of Melee and Super Smash Bros stages. I don't expect there to be many though, which is why I said one or two.

* No more Third Party Characters - or at the very least, no other characters from the Sonic and Metal Gear Series. I personally think Sonic and Snake are enough to represent their own series, as well as third party characters in general.

Other than improving the balance between the characters, adding new items, balancing the current items (I felt some of them were a tad too powerful), and adding new stages, I don't think there is anything else feature wise I specifically want. It will be neat to see what will be added into the game in terms of features, modes, and changes to the current characters... in fact, changes to current characters is something I could detail. That I will reserve for later, this post is long enough as it is.

- Cut out the shitty clones.
- Add more characters (I'd want K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Tom Nook, Tingle, Skullkid, a goron or zora and [maybe] Viewtiful Joe)
- Fix the balance (especially Meta Knight)
- Add something more substantial than the crappy adventure mode (look to Budokai 2's boardgame thing or something)
- Fuck off Lucario (+ any other stupid new pokemon) and bring back Mewtwo.

Sould1n:

My point about Tingle being included was as a replacement for Toon Link/Young Link, not as a matter of including five playable Legend of Zelda characters. The only series I see possibly having five characters representing them in the next Super Smash Bros would be Mario or Pokémon, though I personally would prefer if they focused on bringing representatives for other Nintendo series such as Little Mac to represent Punch Out or Starfy to represent the Stary series.

Thanks for that bit of info regarding Eliwood.

Well, they do. Little Mac and Starfy were both assist trophies in Brawl. The lesser known title characters were mostly put into the assist trophies, collectible trophies and stickers. There are a lot of underrepresented titles in Smash Bros.

Well things I would like is for them to bring back all the older characters they took out that could be given a unique moveset. Mewtwo could easily be brought back since his moveset is pretty different from Lucario's. Give all existing clones unique movesets, add another character from MGS and Sonic, hopefully Grey Fox. Keep story mode, bring back adventure mode. Redo some movesets for characters to get rid of worthless moves (FLUD is the worst thing ever.) Also add some alternate outfits and maybe an unlocking system for them or taunts like in Playstation Allstar Battle Royale. As well as balance the shit out of Super Smashes, some were completely worthless compared to others.
For new Characters I'd Like to see:
Girahim
Demise, or an uncloned Ganon
Grey Fox
Tails, Knuckles, or Shadow
Palutena
King K Rool
Geno
Tetra

I think if they just cut down the clones and maybe include them as alternate costumes (like Tiger in Tekken 3) then I'm not really bothered with who else is added/swapped out.

A crazy wish,but I wish it had Sheogorath. ;)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here