Next Gen, is anyone really done with their current consoles?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

Can't really say. I honestly can't see games getting much better in a really big way with a hardware upgrade. Hopefully we'll hit a wall with graphics and hardware in general and games can focus on better writing and.... well, just being better games in general.

Loading times can improve, and I guess textures popping in, but the latter doesn't bother me too much.

pure.Wasted:

Little Gray:
The graphics are not what makes Call of duty sell so much.

Activision says "Hey guys we know you love our competitive gameplay, so for the next COD title we're going to make some improvements on that front that while scaling the graphics back to something like COD1."

Bioware says "Hey guys we know you love our great stories and characters, so for the next ME title we're going to make some improvements on that front while scaling the graphics back to something like KOTOR."

You think they sell the same number of copies? I think hypothetical COD tanks completely and utterly, while hypothetical ME becomes a cult classic at the VERY least.

I never said they were not important just that they are not the reason the games sell so many copies. Having decent graphics helps a lot when it comes to gameplay.

I ain't getting the consoles probably, but I'm happy that they'll come, so the PC games can be upgraded even further

Done? Nope... I still have an extensive backlog to work through. And nothing increases a backlog from one generation like the release of a new one... so it might be getting even bigger as I wait for the new generation to come down to a reasonable cost (provided the next gen isnt filled with nothing but oppressive business models like always on internet, killing backwards compat by only allowing it via streaming, Or requiring you to give up your right to habeus corpus before you can turn on the system.

Its not the PC thats strangling the life out of consoles by always being ahead of the horsepower curve... its the manufacturers who are repulsing gamers with their increasingly unreasonable demands and expectations.

I'm pretty done with the Xbox 360. It's slow and it gets bad frame rates in pretty much all of the newer games when there are a lot of enemies on the screen at once. It's pushed its processing power as far as it can go and I'm completely ready for some new consoles.

Not that I'm actually going to buy the next Xbox, since Microsoft has already proved they're really moving in a direction I have no interest in, but my body is ready for the PS4 and the Steambox.

Zachary Amaranth:
I, for one, can't wait and see how shiny we're going to make the next series of turds.

Bring it on! Eventually the hardware will get to the point that the turds just can't be any shinier, and then people will finally realise they're just turds. I mean just look at what happened with CGI in movies! Oh wait...

I still play my 360 with mates, but only split-screen fighting games these days. My PS3 is pretty much a blu-ray player at this point. I'm mostly a PC gamer anyway.

I'm looking to build a high-end desktop in a few months anyway, so I really doubt I'll be getting the new systems when they eventually get released. As for the current consoles, yeah, I'm pretty much done with those.

My Ps3 is used primarily for blu rays and Netflix now, very little gaming is done on it. Use my Xbox a lot, mostly rock band, will probably still keep it just for that. Interested in both the Ps4 and next Xbox, definitely getting the Xbox, the the ps4 it'll depend on the titles available.

I don't even own a PS3 or 360, so I can't be done with something I never started.

I still have a huge backlog of games to get through on my PS3, not to mention that I probably won't have the cash to purchase a new console when it comes out. I'll likely wait for next generation consoles to be on the market for a year or so before seriously considering a purchase. Prices will probably have come down by that time and we'll have a better understanding of what each console is capable of and what we can expect if we decide to purchase.

I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of my backlog (I've still got games from two or three years ago to play, not to mention pretty much every 360 exclusive) so even if I was interested in what the next-gen consoles have to offer, I won't be upgrading for at least another five or six years.

Using both a PC and a PS3, I don't care. This summer I plan on upgrading my motherboard for a new CPU and then I'll be ready for the next gen (hopefully anyway) I do still love my PS3, but it's hard to play games knowing my PC could run them better, not necessarily just for graphics, but for framerate. I don't mind 30 FPS, but a lot of games today can't evne stay that high on current gen. I'm not saying I have the money for a new ocnsole, but whenever they do come out, all I got to do is wait a few months for better games to come out and hopefully a better redesigned version of the console at a cheaper price.

Guy Jackson:

Zachary Amaranth:
I, for one, can't wait and see how shiny we're going to make the next series of turds.

Bring it on! Eventually the hardware will get to the point that the turds just can't be any shinier, and then people will finally realise they're just turds. I mean just look at what happened with CGI in movies! Oh wait...

It can still be shinier. Trust me, we're going to see movies that take tens of billions because of newer, shinier CG.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked