The Unofficial Friendly Steam Trading Thread

Pages PREV 1 . . . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . . . 25 NEXT

I got a copy of Awesomenauts if anyone is interested, willing to trade for a game.
If anyone got a spare copy of Braid or Worms Reloaded and are willing to trade for it I would love you to pieces.

EDIT:Nevermind found a friend that wanted it

CriticalMiss:
I have two coupons that I am unlikely to use and would like to trade for stuff.

66% off Left 4 Dead 2
33% off Magicka

If you've got some cards to trade then send me a PM. I might trade for other coupons/games depending on what they are.

I'd love that Left 4 Dead 2 coupon, I've got Half-Life 2, Borderlands 2, and Don't Starve cards, as well as the game Nuclear Dawn. Let me know if that sounds interesting : )

Oh, if anyone else needs a Dota 2 invite, Steam just dumped about 20 on me. Free for the taking.

I have these:

- The Walking Dead
- Half-Life 2
- Darksiders
- Red Faction: Armageddon (+ Path to War)
- Cave Story +
- Capsized
- Hotline Miami

Anyone wants to trade? I'll give you more than one for a new release to balance out the monetary value. Feel free to offer anything, I'd especially love to have Far Cry 3 or that new Devil May Cry game though. Or Dead Space 3 (origin keys are OK I guess).

DrunkOnEstus:

CriticalMiss:

66% off Left 4 Dead 2
33% off Magicka

If you've got some cards to trade then send me a PM. I might trade for other coupons/games depending on what they are.

I'd love that Left 4 Dead 2 coupon, I've got Half-Life 2, Borderlands 2, and Don't Starve cards, as well as the game Nuclear Dawn. Let me know if that sounds interesting : )

Sure, which HL2 cards do you have? A full set seems to be about 3-4 on the market so that seems like a fair trade for the coupon (saves about 10). I don't mind a mix from all three games either.

CriticalMiss:

DrunkOnEstus:

CriticalMiss:

66% off Left 4 Dead 2
33% off Magicka

Sure, which HL2 cards do you have? A full set seems to be about 3-4 on the market so that seems like a fair trade for the coupon (saves about 10). I don't mind a mix from all three games either.

For Half-Life 2, I have Gordon Freeman and Trouble Underground. For Don't Starve, I have Maxwell, Willow, and Wilson. and for Borderlands 2 I have Zero, Axton, and Handsome Jack. I have no interest in collecting them, so I'd trade them all for it really.

DrunkOnEstus:

CriticalMiss:

DrunkOnEstus:

For Half-Life 2, I have Gordon Freeman and Trouble Underground. For Don't Starve, I have Maxwell, Willow, and Wilson. and for Borderlands 2 I have Zero, Axton, and Handsome Jack. I have no interest in collecting them, so I'd trade them all for it really.

Ok, sounds like we have a deal then.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Girlbeard/

DrunkOnEstus:

CriticalMiss:

66% off Left 4 Dead 2
33% off Magicka

How does the Steam CCG work, exactly? Do you buy booster packs for cards like in other CCGs? Do you earn them some way? Do the cards do anything, like, do they have stats, and you use them to battle people, or are they like baseball cards, and are just trade items?

wintercoat:

DrunkOnEstus:

CriticalMiss:

66% off Left 4 Dead 2
33% off Magicka

How does the Steam CCG work, exactly? Do you buy booster packs for cards like in other CCGs? Do you earn them some way? Do the cards do anything, like, do they have stats, and you use them to battle people, or are they like baseball cards, and are just trade items?

They're just cards you get that can be blown up to see a pretty picture (that you could use as your desktop or avatar I guess). You get them by playing the respective game, but that only gives you half of the cards. To fill out each game's "set" you have to trade with other people or buy them, as each person gets a different half set. I'm pretty sure that's the whole point, has something to do with the badges and number rank thing too I think. Just Valve gamifying Steam itself it seems. I was more than happy to trade them for $15 off L4D2 as they were just pretty pictures of games I'd played to me.

DrunkOnEstus:

wintercoat:
snip

snip

It's also sort of like an extension of achievements as complete sets of cards are traded in for a badge which increases your 'steam level'. You get random other stuff when you craft a badge which ranges from an emoticon from that game, a background for your profile to discount coupons (I got a 66% off L4D2 for instance). The cards themselves don't really do much but trading is pretty much a game in it's own right, plus you can sell them on the market if you have no interest whatsoever. One guy sold a pair of foil cards for $30+ from a game that cost him $5 on sale, so it can be profitable.

Personally I'm not too bothered with the cards, I got the TF2 Pyro background on my first go so I'm happy! Now I'm just trading things to see if I get anything interesting.

So, this is why you should always buy steam games as gifts..
I'll have to remember the potential of barely wanted or previously games on steam sale.

I have the Boomer,Hunter,Smoker and Witch steam trading cards,
willing to trade these for a good offer

Just updating my stuff to trade, happy to accept coupons, cards or gifts depending on what they are.
[edit] Out of date list, see post below.

Speaking of the Steam TCG, anyone happen to have a beta invite they don't have plans for?

wintercoat:
Speaking of the Steam TCG, anyone happen to have a beta invite they don't have plans for?

I've got one (well three). Happy to give them away to anyone who needs one.

CriticalMiss:

wintercoat:

Could I pinch one? :)

Edit: If you require my account name then here it is http://steamcommunity.com/id/akfg/

CriticalMiss:

wintercoat:

Sweet. Linky to me!

Just one beta access left after akfg collects his. To the highest bidder! Muahahaha! Or whoever asks nicely.

And don't forget all of the actual stuff being traded! :p

CriticalMiss:
Just one beta access left after akfg collects his. To the highest bidder! Muahahaha! Or whoever asks nicely.

And don't forget all of the actual stuff being traded! :p

So, just curious before maybe I ask for this.
What is Steam TCG?
From I saw is cards for Steam?
Is this some kind of game with the characters of all Steam games or just to collect cards?

SweetShark:
What is Steam TCG?
Is this some kind of game with the characters of all Steam games or just to collect cards?

It's the beta for a kind of 'meta-game' where certain Steam games have digital cards that drop when you play them. You can only get half of the cards from playing the game however, the rest you must buy or trade from other players. When you have all of the cards from a game you can then craft a badge which gives you Steam exp, a coupon and some other exclusive goodies for that game like emoticons and profile backgrounds (which are also tradeable). And if none of that interests you you can still take part and sell the cards on the market, they usually go from between 0.20 to 5 depending on the game and rarity so you could end up making money on it.

CriticalMiss:

SweetShark:
What is Steam TCG?

It's the beta for a kind of 'meta-game' where certain Steam games have digital cards that drop when you play them. You can only get half of the cards from playing the game however, the rest you must buy or trade from other players. When you have all of the cards from a game you can then craft a badge which gives you Steam exp, a coupon and some other exclusive goodies for that game like emoticons and profile backgrounds (which are also tradeable). And if none of that interests you you can still take part and sell the cards on the market, they usually go from between 0.20 to 5 depending on the game and rarity so you could end up making money on it.

So in other words Steam trying to "hook" us more with their game that they offer in Steam....
One part of me want to see how this will work ou, but the other me said this is a terrible idea......for us....

But.....I will give it a plus IF the cards are acually unique, and not just a picture inside a game and we can call it a card.
If Steam make unique artworks for its cards then this will be a nice feature.

But for now I will say no.

Thank you very much for your info.

SweetShark:
snip

Oh yeah, it's certainly a marketing ploy. But if you already have/want the games then you might as well take part. I haven't bought any games I didn't already want to play or was curious about, although I did get around to finally buying Monaco after the cards came out. Although I suspect a lot of people just buy the games for the cards like good little consumers, and the trading forums can get pretty scummy at times with people wanting to trade 2-3 cards for their one card of the same value.

I don't blame you for not wanting to take part though :p

CriticalMiss:

SweetShark:
snip

Oh yeah, it's certainly a marketing ploy. But if you already have/want the games then you might as well take part. I haven't bought any games I didn't already want to play or was curious about, although I did get around to finally buying Monaco after the cards came out. Although I suspect a lot of people just buy the games for the cards like good little consumers, and the trading forums can get pretty scummy at times with people wanting to trade 2-3 cards for their one card of the same value.

I don't blame you for not wanting to take part though :p

And that why sometimes I prefer games From Desura, GoG and my physical copies of many different games.
You just buy the game you want and nothing else.
No Achievements, no Cards. Just you and a game you must play to enjoy.
Why the f*ck Steam doesn't have "The Cat Lady" again?
......Sorry, but sometimes I hate Steam for not having great games for different "kind" of reasons....

What I have to trade:

- XCOM: Enemy Unknown
- Rift Storm Legion

My Wishlist:

- Monaco
- Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
- Civ V: Brave New World DLC
- Dust: An Elysian Tail
- Prison Architect
- The Swapper
- Gunpoint
- PAYDAY 2
- Metro: Last Light
- FEZ

Please PM your offers, I may accept stuff that isn't on my wishlist.

I have three steam keys up for trade. All were duplicate items from bundles I already have(None of these are from DRM free bundles such as Humble, therefor I payed for these keys themselves, but already have duplicates on Steam.)

I have keys for Trauma, Spacechem, and Vessel. I also have a 25% off coupon for Dungeon Hearts.

And one more ting. I have three guest passes for Shattered Horizons that I'll just... give to people. I dun care.

Offer me things, and you might just get things. Only thing I want is Skyrim Legendary Edition, which I am SO NOT getting for these things. The point there is, make an offer of something, chances are, if I don't have it, it's a deal.

Well, I doubt I'll get any bites, but what the hell, I'll give it a go. I bought a new graphics card the other day, and it came with a couple of cards I could claim some games with, problem is I already had most of the games they offered. So I have spare keys for:

2 x Bioshock Infinite (Steam)
1 x Tomb Raider (Steam)
1 x Farcry 3: Blood Dragon (This one's a Uplay coupon, it gives a free copy, but you need to "buy" it from uplay)

As I said, I doubt I'll get any bites, but I wouldn't mind trading the two more expensive games for:

Remember Me
Resident Evil: Revelations

Or I'll trade both Bioshock and Tomb Raider together for a Saints Row IV pre-order.

For Blood Dragon I wouldn't mind:

Dust: An Elysian Tail
General offers, just PM me.

Weresquirrel:
Well, I doubt I'll get any bites, but what the hell, I'll give it a go. I bought a new graphics card the other day, and it came with a couple of cards I could claim some games with, problem is I already had most of the games they offered. So I have spare keys for:

1 x Tomb Raider (Steam)
1 x Farcry 3: Blood Dragon (This one's a Uplay coupon, it gives a free copy, but you need to "buy" it from uplay)

As I said, I doubt I'll get any bites, but I wouldn't mind trading the two more expensive games for:

Remember Me

Or I'll trade both Bioshock and Tomb Raider together for a Saints Row IV pre-order.

Are you giving away Infinite? If so, I'd like one. =)

Edit- Nevermind, I didn't read. x-D

Weresquirrel:

1 x Tomb Raider (Steam)

Remember Me

Just curious, how did you end up having two steam keys for the new Bioshock game?

SweetShark:

Weresquirrel:
-Snip-

Just curious, how did you end up having two steam keys for the new Bioshock game?

As I said, I bought a new graphics card. I was handed a promo-card that gave Bioshock, Tomb Raider and Blood Dragon on the card the clerk handed me. At the time I didn't have Blood Dragon, so I claimed it so I could play it. Then, a few days later I was tidying the boxes away, and a second card slipped out. This one had Bioshock, Crysis 3 and Blood Dragon. So, I claimed that one for the Crysis 3.

I have the following games (gifts) to trade:
Half Life 2
Portal
Psychonauts
Costume Quest
Dungeon Defenders
Evoland
Disciples II

Steam trading card games:
-50% Strike Suit Infinity
-50% & -33% Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten
-33% Magicka
-30% Go Home Dinosaurs

And regular games:
-66% Serious Sam 2
-50% The Basement Collection
-50% Dungeon of Dredmor
-33% Frozen Synapse
-25% Dungeon Hearts

Happy to trade for other games or for trading cards.

I have a 75% coupon for Forge. No one wants it. I'll trade for these:

Sanctum
Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe
Don't Starve
Runner2
Sanctum 2
Just about anything 15 bucks or under, as Forge is 20 dollars and 75% is 20 dollars so the coupon is worth 15 dollars. And no, it doesn't have to equal 15 dollars, it can be less, just PM me to figure out if it is something I'd be willing to trade for.

My profile: http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/chariotsrock/

EDIT: Would someone at least tell me why they don't want the coupon? It'd be nice to know.

Star Wars Jedi Academy-taken
Oil Rush
English
X-Blades
Ion Assault
Planets Under Attack
2 worlds 2 castle defenders
Englsih Country Tune
Guest access for Shattered Horizon
75% of Serious Sam 3
I'll take almost anything for any of these.

Some more steam keys to give away;

English Country Tune
Capsized
Dear Esther
Organ Trail
Aquaria
Fractal
Frozen Synapse
Broken Sword: Director's Cut

If your interested please pm me and I'll send you the key, first come first served obviously.

The Artificially Prolonged:

English Country Tune
Capsized
Dear Esther
Organ Trail
Aquaria
Fractal
Frozen Synapse

If your interested please pm me and I'll send you the key, first come first served obviously.

I'm going to ask which one out of English Country Tune, Aquaria, and Fractal is the best. I'm interested in them, but I don't know which one is the best. x-D

Also, I've got a 66% off coupon for Duke Nukem 3D, if anyone wants it. Just PM offers.

thesilentman:

The Artificially Prolonged:

English Country Tune
Capsized
Dear Esther
Organ Trail
Aquaria
Fractal
Frozen Synapse

I'm going to ask which one out of English Country Tune, Aquaria, and Fractal is the best. I'm interested in them, but I don't know which one is the best. x-D

Also, I've got a 66% off coupon for Duke Nukem 3D, if anyone wants it. Just PM offers.

The only one I've played for any length of time is Fractal so far, which is a decent casual puzzle game. Aquaria and English Country Tune I'm not totally sure what there about yet.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . . . 25 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here