Deku My Hero Academia You're Next
Screenshot via Toho Animation

When Does My Hero Academia: You’re Next Come Out?

Another film is on the way.

The My Hero Academia universe only continues to get bigger as 2024 won’t just see a new season of the show, but also a new cinematic experience, You’re Next. For those superfans who want to be there on day one, here’s when My Hero Academia: You’re Next is coming out.

Recommended Videos

What Is the Release Date for My Hero Academia the Movie: You’re Next?

Dark Might giving an evil grin and looking straight ahead
Screenshot via Toho Animation

Toho Animation’s next My Hero Academia film You’re Next will land in theaters around Japan on Aug. 2, 2024. A global release is expected later in the year, but no date has been shared as of right now.

On April 6 the first trailer for the movie was unveiled introducing its villain Dark Might. This threat is an evil character who looks identical to All Might and they even share the same voice actor. This is also where the release date for first made public. Outside of these details, not a lot was shared about the film’s plot, but we expect more news to come in the next few months as we approach release.

2024 is shaping up to be a big year for My Hero Academia fans. Before You’re Next, Season 7 of My Hero Academia will air starting May with new episodes weekly. This timeline should see the season wrap around the same time as the movie lands. My Hero Academia The Movie: You’re Next is the fourth film in the franchise.

You’ve still got a few weeks before the season arrives and a few months before the film My Hero Academia: You’re Next gets here so there’s time to binge through all of the series so far. We’d recommend doing this simply as a refresher of everything that’s gone on in previous seasons, and of course, there are the other movies to watch too. Basically, it’s looking like prime time for a My Hero Academia binge.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Episode 52 Recap & Spoilers
An image of a character from That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Episode 52 as part of a spoiler-filled recap of that episode.
Read Article Is There A Demon Slayer Season 5 Release Date On Netflix?
Tanjiro hugs his friends
Read Article All Demon Slayer Seasons, Ranked Worst to Best
Daki and Tanjiro stand side by side
Related Content
Read Article That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Episode 52 Recap & Spoilers
An image of a character from That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Episode 52 as part of a spoiler-filled recap of that episode.
Read Article Is There A Demon Slayer Season 5 Release Date On Netflix?
Tanjiro hugs his friends
Read Article All Demon Slayer Seasons, Ranked Worst to Best
Daki and Tanjiro stand side by side
Author
Ryan Galloway
Ryan is a Senior Staff Writer for The Escapist who has been working at GAMURS since 2020. He covers a wide variety of topics between anime and gaming and boasts a degree in Journalism from Murdoch University. Email: [email protected]