Screenshot captured by The Escapist

What Is a Moniker in Dragon’s Dogma 2? Answered

While Dragon’s Dogma 2 doesn’t have an online co-op feature, there are still online functionalities that let you interact with other players in unique ways. So if you’re wondering what a moniker is in Dragon’s Dogma 2, here’s what you need to know.

Recommended Videos

Dragon’s Dogma 2 Moniker Meaning Explained

When you first start up the game and create your pawn in Dragon’s Dogma 2, you’ll be asked to input their name and their moniker. Essentially, the moniker is the name of your pawn that will be visible to other players when they see or recruit your pawn in the rift. You’ll be able to choose the pawn’s moniker from a list of names, and this acts as a profanity filter of sorts to prevent players from spreading hateful messages online.

On the other hand, the name section for your pawn can be filled with whatever you want. There are no restrictions on what you name your pawn; you’re just forced to pick from a list of preset names for the moniker and that is what other players will see online.

If you’re lucky enough, the name you picked will be available in the moniker list as well. But I should mention that the list isn’t anywhere close to being exhaustive, so unless you’ve picked a really common name, chances are good that you’ll need to settle for something else.

Your character — the Arisen — doesn’t have such limits, though you will be asked to input their age at the very beginning of the game.

And that’s everything you need to know about what a moniker is in Dragon’s Dogma 2.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Most Important Starting Stats in Fallout 4
fallout 4 starting stats depicted by several cartoon vault boys
Read Article Where Does My Hero Academia Take Place? Answered
My Hero Academia character looking out at city buildings
Read Article Best Yae Miko Team Comps in Genshin Impact
Best Team Comps for Yae Miko in Genshin Impact. This image is part of an article about Genshin Impact 4.5 Chronicled Wind: what is it & is it worth it?
Related Content
Read Article Most Important Starting Stats in Fallout 4
fallout 4 starting stats depicted by several cartoon vault boys
Read Article Where Does My Hero Academia Take Place? Answered
My Hero Academia character looking out at city buildings
Read Article Best Yae Miko Team Comps in Genshin Impact
Best Team Comps for Yae Miko in Genshin Impact. This image is part of an article about Genshin Impact 4.5 Chronicled Wind: what is it & is it worth it?
Author
Zhiqing Wan
Zhiqing is a History undergrad from the National University of Singapore. She started playing video games in 1996 when her dad introduced her to Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, and Resident Evil -- and the rest, as they say, is history. When she's not obsessing over Elden Ring and Dark Souls lore theories, you can find her singing along loudly and badly to Taylor Swift's latest bops. Formerly the Reviews Editor at Twinfinite, she joined the Escapist team in 2024. You can reach her at [email protected].