One of the largest Skyrim mods is getting even bigger – with a brand new expansion pack.
The SureAI team is well known in the Elder Scrolls community. First, it developed the Nehrim – At Fate’s Edge mod for Oblivion, and then followed that up with an even bigger project: Enderal for Skyrim. Released in German back in July, and in English in August, Enderal added a new, standalone storyline set in its own world. Featuring anywhere from 30-100 hours of gameplay, it was a huge, detailed mod.
Apparently, that wasn’t enough gameplay for the Sure AI folks, as they’ve announced today that there’s am expansion pack in the works. According to the announcement post, Enderal: Forgotten Stories will add 10-20 hours of new quest content. It’s being created by Nicolas Lietzau, one of the project leads, and he’s being helped out by “a small part of the SureAI team.” He’s even paying for the development out of his own pocket. To give you a glimpse of what’s in the expansion, there’s a brand new trailer:
The new expansion will include:
- Two guild quest-lines: Join the Golden Sickle, Enderal’s most influential merchants’ guild and experience an exceptional non-linear story that deals with intrigue and greed. Delve into the secrets behind the Rhal?ta, the mysterious cult ruling the Undercity.
- A story mission revolving around the Sea Of Eventualities and Yuslan Sha’Rim’s past
- A quest shedding light on the Veiled Woman’s origins
- A mission that allows the player to explore in detail the death of a certain character
- A secret ending for the main-quest
- New bounty missions
- Professional localization in both German and English (starring, amongst others, Dave Fennoy from “The Walking Dead” and Lani Minella from “Skyrim”)
- New weapons and sets
- Several game-play changes and additions, such as hidden talents, rebalanced and overhauled crafting skills, high-level crafting, and enchantment that makes investing in craftsmanship a lot more rewarding.
There’s a lot more info about the expansion, as well as a FAQ, over in the announcement post on the SureAI forums.