An Ubisoft survey is hinting towards some awesome new features we might see in Assassin’s Creed 3.
An Ubisoft survey has recently been discovered that asks respondents what they’d like to see from a future Assassin’s Creed game. It covers a wide variety of bases, with one question hinting towards bunch of really cool new features for the series.
NeoGAF discovered the survey which can be found here. The question that appears to hold Assassin’s Creed‘s future in its hands asks players if they’d like to see the game include any of 15 new concepts.
One idea is the addition of an objective where players must fight for control over an entire city, district by district, similar to other games like Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and InFamous. Another concept is an enhanced level of Eagle Vision that allows players to see guards’ patrol paths, find clues, detect lying during interrogations, etc. Here’s the full list:
Would you like to see ____ in the sequel to the Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood?
1) An upgrade to the assassin’s blade that increases the fluidity and speed of free-running
2) An enhanced Eagle Vision: see the patrol paths of guards, spot clues to complex navigation puzzles, detect when characters are lying during interrogations, etc.
3) An intuitive crafting tool that lets you create custom bombs from dozens of ingredients found throughout the game world
4) Tactical use of a variety of bombs suited to unique contexts and situations (smoke, poison, flash, explosive, etc.)
5) An additional objective where you and your Assassins guild fight against the Templars to gain control of a city, district by district
6) Playing as a new Assassin, in a different historical time period
7) A continuation of Ezio’s story as the leader of the Assassins, set outside of Italy
8) Deeper connectivity between all the Assassin’s Creed projects (eg. an action you make on the Facebook game will impact your game experience on the console; events that you read about in the comics will be related to the storyline of the videogames, etc.)
9) Online Cooperative Mode
10) Offline Cooperative Mode
11) The availability of new maps for the Multiplayer
12) A choice of additional Multiplayer characters with new skill-sets
13) Playing new Multiplayer modes
14) A deeper team-based Multiplayer experience (guilds / squads that have common objectives, new tools for clan management, etc.)
15) A customization of the Multiplayer experience (logos, avatars, objects, team names, etc.)
Also interesting is the mention of both online and offline cooperative modes, which seemingly refers to the single player game and not another multiplayer mode. Using a variety of bombs, Batman-style, would be pretty fun too.
This survey could be an effort by Ubisoft to figure out what it wants to include in the new Assassin’s Creed title said to be coming out in 2011. It makes mention once again of using a completely different time period, so don’t be surprised if the next game ends up as Assassin’s Creed: Band of Brotherhood or something similar. Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood was first revealed in May 2010, so we may start to get hints toward the new game around the same time in 2011, if Ubisoft really makes one happen.