Deku and other student heroes in My Hero Academia
Image via Kōhei Horikoshi

Is the My Hero Academia Manga Ending?

All good things must come to an end.

Ever since its debut in 2014, My Hero Academia has been a personal favorite manga and one that I’ve been dreading the end of. So, after ten years and countless arcs, is the My Hero Academia manga finally ending?

Recommended Videos

Is the My Hero Academia Manga Ending?

Deku and other classmates behind the My Hero Academia logo
Image by Crunchyroll

Since Chapter 343 brought forth the Final War arc, My Hero Academia has been slowly but steadily plotting toward its ending. As we’ve watched countless members risk and even lose their lives for the good of humanity, it seems that their story will be coming to a close before the end of 2024.

A 10-year run for a serialized manga is rather impressive, especially considering the sheer number of fantastic offerings available. However, there is a good possibility that we’ll see a spin-off or two after the series wraps up, so this may not be the last we see of our favorite student heroes.

Related: How to Watch My Hero Academia (MHA) & Its Movies in Order

When Did The Final War Arc Start in My Hero Academia?

If you’ve been out of the loop for a while, Chapter 343 began the start of the Final War Arc when it was released on February 14, 2022. This is the most horrifying chapter of the manga to date, and while it doesn’t appear that all of the heroes are going to get the happy endings they rightly deserve, we’ll just need to wait to see what Kōhei Horikoshi has in store for us when they wrap everything up.

As we patiently await upcoming chapters, make sure to catch up on this series and prepare for what is likely going to be a sad and eventful ending to one of the best manga on the market. I’ve already got a box of tissues waiting for that final chapter’s release day.

My Hero Academia is available to read online via VIZ Media.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article When Did My Hero Academia Come Out? Anime & Manga Start Dates
A plethora of characters from My Hero Academia facing to the left while ready to fight.
Read Article My Hero Academia Season 7 Episode 2 Release Date Confirmed
Read Article Is There A Shangri-La Frontier Season 2 Release Date?
An image from Shangri-La Frontier showing three characters looking to the right as part of an article on the Season 2 release window and cast.
Related Content
Read Article When Did My Hero Academia Come Out? Anime & Manga Start Dates
A plethora of characters from My Hero Academia facing to the left while ready to fight.
Read Article My Hero Academia Season 7 Episode 2 Release Date Confirmed
Read Article Is There A Shangri-La Frontier Season 2 Release Date?
An image from Shangri-La Frontier showing three characters looking to the right as part of an article on the Season 2 release window and cast.
Author
Shaun Cichacki
As a fan of RPGs, Action & Retro titles, Shaun has been gaming since he was a young boy. With an overwhelming obsession involving Metal Gear Solid and Pizza Tower, you know you're in for a wild ride when it comes to things he's writing about.