Skipping Class

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

hyperhammy:
When and why have any of you skipped class?

Edit: I skip class when I want to hang out with friends, mostly if I have Italien. I'm curently learning Italien, German and French. Italien doesn't count into my gpa, so basicly I have a class I can't fail.

Perhaps you should attend your English class more often, if only to learn how to spell "Italian".

...Or "currently"... Or "basically"...

...Anyways... Being in college I skip classes when I judge the investment involved in attending not worth the return I get from said class. Like when I don't think I'll learn anything from them. I do make an effort, but some classes are just redundant, so why waste time?

I skipped class only when I was extremely tired, at that time the college was an hour drive from my house

I'll skip because of the following

A: i didn't do the homework
B: i hate the class
C: i know the content being discussed
D: it's a 7:45 swimming class

Never skipped class. Don't see the point.

I skip quite a few lectures. I never go to Economics, since the professor posts the notes online. Plus, we're expected to know the stuff for Online homework due Sunday, and then she covers that same material in class the following week. She's also dreadfully boring.

I skipped a few other classes where notes are online. If notes aren't online, I don't skip. I only skipped two classes in High School. Once was Phys. Ed. and I got in shit when they called my house. I also skipped Spanish once to hang out with my girlfriend, but I asked the teacher to "work on my Extended Essay for IB". She actually went with me to the principal and I had to call my dad to give me permission. But it worked out fine and I got to go for lunch earlier... Haha.

I decided last friday and monday I preferred sleeping over going to boring days of the last month of high school. Also I skip gym all the time since its the last class I have

bleachigo10:
I've never actually skipped class before but I have faked sick a few times which if you think about it is skipping all my classes.

Hey, me too.
I've never skipped class, or, just one class at a time, if I need a day off, I call and say that I'm sick.

Never in high school, unless I faked sick sometimes, though college is another story.

I don't skip class. I have no idea what's going on when I do attend, so if I start skipping, bad stuff will go down.

I skipped a meeting for the PSSA's since it basically was another boring meeting anyway just telling us how to take the test and other bull I didn't want to hear.

I've skipped a few classes, not for anything that important, it might have been because our teacher wasn't there and the cover teacher was crap, or because there was some other work I needed to do.

I've skipped class many times with friends to have a cigarette behind the sports centre... Unfortunately i'm addicted and can't go for 6 hours without one :(
And I can't have one during lunch cuz there are teachers everywhere :/
It's usually either German or Media Studies

Skipped two this morning, fucking 8-11am block...

I am doing it right now to hang out with the escapist user community. Oh yeah.

IN my grade 12 year I had 4 classes on one day then only 1 on the off day (ex. mon/wed/fri 1 tu/th 4) so I'd usually just skip the one class day when. It was math 12 so... yeah. Screw that. 5 day weekends ftw!

I've only got valid absences, like when I get sick or am on field trips.

I tend to have dreams where I'm wandering around during class time thinking "what the hell am I doing oh god what is going to happen to me"

Too often really. But my grades aren't too bad so I find it hard to give a shit

Have never skipped class. Education is important. *Mr.Know-It-All*

When I was in high school I skipped all the time. I just didn't show up for school most of the time. I did all my homework and passed all my test, so I didn't see the point in wasting my time there. My mom signed a paper that stated that she was not my parent according to the school, and that I could be my own parent. This meant I could sign all my own permission slips, sign myself out of school, and so on. I had a fulltime job while in high school and owned my own house so I had other things to worry about other then just high school. I figured as long as I was passing it didn't matter. I was getting good grades, so most of my teachers didn't even care. So other then the people and the school work, my high school years were alright, as long as I wasn't showing up. My high school was small enough that when you didn't show up and your parents didn't call in for you, they called your house to find out what was going on. It was funny telling them I had more important shit to do, and not be lying. Although I am sure they thought I was selling drugs or something. Which is funny, because I'm Straight Edge and have never done a drug ever.The real drug dealer won Citizenship of the Year Award. Gotta love high school (not).

I never went to my computers class. Like... ever. The prof was a total crackhead

Can't afford it on the course I'm doing now - definitely need to pay attention!

I fake sick a lot, but If I skipped class I wouldnt know where to go.

-- (double post)

I've skipped class because I've been too tired, too bored, too hungry, wanted to play a few games etc. I still do well in my classes despite all of that.

SonicKoala:
The only time I skip class is when I'm just too freaking tired to bring myself to go to school. It's been particularly hard this semester, as I've had to deal with the dreaded 8:30 class. *Shutters* - never again

I have 8:10 Beware!

skipping class stops having any meaning as soon as you realise that nothing actually happens when you do.

In high school I never skipped class, but in college I'd do it all the time, mostly because I didn't feel like going or had something else to do.

Ahahahaha... ha.

Middle school, around 8th grade, i was the king of skipping. Don't think i made it to half those classes.

High-school, me and a friend were the self-proclaimed scions of balance. We would remain behind when the class decided to do a mass skip (using the "we thought we weren't supposed to do that class" excuse), thus forcing everyone else to remain.

College/university: skipped classes for an entire year.
now i'm repeating it <.<

hyperhammy:

Edit: I skip class when I want to hang out with friends, mostly if I have Italien. I'm curently learning Italien, German and French. Italien doesn't count into my gpa, so basicly I have a class I can't fail.

looks like someone skipped too many english classes

i skip classes to go to the beach mostly

hyperhammy:

I don't know how you would skip Italien, I've never heard of it......Italian :P

OT I've never skipped class, except for when I was to sick to take it

I skipped class when i was bored, wanted to go home, or go to a café with friends or thought there might be someone in the café that i know.
We skipped a lot. in grades 12 and 13 i barely made a week without skipping 1-3 classes.I especially history...i guess i skipped it much more than i attended So i got a bad mark for the lessons and got A's or B's for the tests.
As long as you can keep up with the lessons and got your marks it wasnt a big problem, though we could write our own excuses over age 18.

hyperhammy:

JoJo Bizzaro 7:
I go to a Baptist school with a required Bible class. I am an Atheist.
Nuff said.

Wow... that's odd. Why?

Why I go to a Baptist school, or why I am an atheist?
I go to a Baptist because I'm not the one paying for my education.
I'm an Atheist because I value logic over faith.

EDIT: I go to High School.

Only when I can afford it and my parents aren't home.

Actually, today I skipped. I missed the bus, and my sister was sick anyway, so...

JoJo Bizzaro 7:
I go to a Baptist school with a required Bible class. I am an Atheist.
Nuff said.

Im similar. Im an Atheist but I am forced to take Catholic Classes by force because my father is a f**king fundamentalist. Its sad really most people here are so ignorant of religion. My grandma and father don't even know what the inquisition was. I skipped a few classes for this reason.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked