I just invented the world's greatest dish.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Daystar Clarion:
McDonalds fries dipped in a strawberry milkshake.

The saltyness and sweetness go very well together. It'll kill me, but they go well together.

I'll quote this but replace the milkshake with a Mcflurry. Both are tasty.

BiggyShackleton:

Daystar Clarion:

The saltyness and sweetness go very well together. It'll kill me, but they go well together.

I'll quote this but replace the milkshake with a Mcflurry. Both are tasty.

That would probably work too.

Something about the salty fried potato just mixes so well with the sweet icecream/milkshake.

uh well.. I once put bacon, curry powder mushrooms and salted penuts in an omlette.
it tasted awesome.

i add lavender to everything, it makes any food 1000% better.

but as for a good weird combination, i make maple-bacon cupcakes that confuse and excite all who try them. best bit is: if you leave out the bacon, they're secretly vegan and contain a full serving of vegetable! ;) it was only way i could get my siblings to eat green things when we were kids.

White cheese, between two toasty slices of bread, sprinkled with red pepper... Oh man, i gotta go make myself one, now.

Recipe: Take something you haven't eaten for years. Don't eat all day... Maybe go into your second day with little more than breakfast the previous day.

Eat the first item.

Hunger is the best spice.

...... I'm not a cook ok? Though a waffle bannana split breakfast was pretty good... not my idea.

Queen Michael:
I was frying bacon, and then I saw a bunch of leftover tortillas on the kitchen table. So I took my newly fried bacon and put it in the tortilla, and thus the bacon burrito was born. It tasted better than anything else I've ever had. Three of them were my dinner today.

So what great dishes have you invented?

I hope you don't really think you invented the bacon burrito, there's a place in my school that actually sells the things :P

Handmade meatballs with beef mince, pork mince, breadcrumbs, egg and parsley. Just a touch of salt and pepper. So meaty. Fried, then simmered in a homemade Napoletana sauce, perhaps with a dash of white wine and some mushrooms for more flavour.

Rice+tabasco(alot of it) and poached eggs.
Best 1am dinner ever.

Queen Michael:

So what great dishes have you invented?

Yorkshire puddings with cheese and beans spooned in them.
Was literally all I had in my (Student) food cupboard, so I mixed it all up. It's actually REALLY nice. Like a cross between beans on toast and a pie :D

EDIT:

n00beffect:
White cheese, between two toasty slices of bread, sprinkled with red pepper... Oh man, i gotta go make myself one, now.

What is white cheese? Is that American for Cheddar?

I combined bacon eggs and hashbrowns sooo good I'm not the only one but still

I'm sorry but you are wrong because the best dish ever was invented a long time ago

Poutine

French fries, gravy and cheese curds

Marmite and mature cheddar sandwiches, the food of Gods.

Dip peanut butter on a spoon into chocolate milk powder. rinse. repeat.

OneCatch :

n00beffect:

Well I'm from Canada so I might be wrong but most people I know associate cheddar with orange and mozzarella with white, even though there is both white and marble (mixed) cheddar. Also havardi is the best cheese next to emmental.

Ehhhh. Nothing here. But a friend enjoys coating his grilled cheese with chocolate syrup after it's cooked.

Sausage + Fried Corn + Melted Cheese + Nacho Chips = Terrible Stomachache

Two minute noodles (cook then drain most the water), add cream cheese and bacon. I was in heaven.
Otherwise my friend and I once topped a pizza with Chicken Mcnuggets, fries and Popcorn chicken.

I turned the Chicken Parmigiana into the 'Mexican Parmigiana' by adding salsa and jalapeņos. The word delicious doesn't do the dish justice.

Tomatos and Grapes.

I was making a sauce for spaghetti and I was picking at grapes and I dropped one in the tomato sauce. Took it out and ate it, twas delicious.

And then I cut the remaining grapes into bits and put them in the sauce.

MEGAPANCAKE.
It is when you put all the pancake batter in the largest pan you have and cook it all at once.
It may not cook all the way through, but you don't care because it's a giant pancake that is all of your meals that day.

I can't cook for the life of me. Actually, for the life of me and others in the house its probably better that I just stay away from kitchens.

There was this one time though that I deep fried bacon. I thought it would be the greatest heart attack inducing creation on earth, but it really wasn't that great at all. Deep fried pickles are better.

Hmm .. it's pretty tough to claim I invented any dishes. I don't own any recipe books, but I cook everything from Beef Stroganoff to Lasagne by guessing the ingredients and methods.

The most interesting thing I've made though was a form of takoyaki I like to call 'Nandemoyaki'. Takoyaki are little savoury dough dumplings with a piece of octopus inside - very popular in Osaka. With Nandemoyaki, I just grab random ingredients from my fridge and cupboard and mix up fillings.

The best was probably the Bacon, Kimchi & Bean Sprouts Nandemoyaki.

As a side note - a fun game we used to play in a local bar in Osaka was 'Russian Roulette' using takoyaki. You'd have six takoyaki - one of them was filled with fresh wasabi instead of any octopus. You and five mates would all grab one and eat at the same time, carefully watching each other, trying to guess who had the one that was entirely wasabi.

Me, being me, would order this for myself and eat all 6.

him over there:

OneCatch :

n00beffect:

Well I'm from Canada so I might be wrong but most people I know associate cheddar with orange and mozzarella with white, even though there is both white and marble (mixed) cheddar. Also havardi is the best cheese next to emmental.

Ok cool, was just wondering because I'd never heard the phrase before. Learn something new every day!

P.S. Colliers Welsh Cheddar is the best cheese in existence XD

I made whopper ice cream (like actually making the ice cream myself). Combining my two favorite desserts seemed like the right thing to do

Em I suppose Tuna(Salmon works too), Tomatoes, Onion, Lettuce, Olice(Not black olives & optional) and Jamaican style Tabasco Sauce Sandwich on toasted bread. It is 03:25 at the moment so that is the only sandwich I can recall at the moment so I will post others when I wake up.

Daystar Clarion:

The saltiness and sweetness go very well together. It'll kill me, but they go well together.

Likewise, I've done that a few times in the past with a couple of fries. I made sure to space out the times I've done it so it doesn't flat out kill me if I do it too many times in a row. :D

For me I'm not the most creative person when it comes to making dishes (I'm kinda strict on that personaly) but for the most part I just put Tabasco sauce on different things to see how it tastes with said food item. :3

MANCAKES!!!

It's like pancakes, but with steak in them. Dear god...they were delicious....

My friend is a culinary student and she made them, so it's legit. Not some drunken craziness...although that's how the idea came about...

Just imagine pancake batter, steak chunks, and ketchup instead of syrup.

Edit: My fiance just made these things that are goddamn amazing:

Two saltines with peanutbutter between them dipped in chocolate and then frozen.

Oh. Mah. GAWD!

So good.

I put shrimp on skewers (about 4 per, 2 skewers total) and saute' them on a pan, then place them over a bowl of ramen. Sometimes I will add cooked egg to the ramen. Sometimes ham. I enjoy using chili sauce on any ramen I eat, as it makes cheap stuff so damned good.

Toast, thick slice of ham (microwaved for a minute so it makes a dish shape), cheese (any, I normally use swiss), and a well cooked egg. It makes a sandwich of bliss. I normally layer it toast, cheese, ham, egg (fits snugly in ham-dish), toast.

Take a normal marinara pizza from the shop down the road. Add smoked salmon, blue cheese and more anchovies. Cook for 5 minutes in the oven on low.

Best idea I ever had.

Instant mashed potatoes with extra water. I call it Hobo soup.

Peanut Butter and Miracle Whip sandwich. And a tall glass of Ice cold milk. I know sounds gross but it was a suggestion from my philosophy teacher. All I can say is don't knock it till you try it.

dalek sec:

Daystar Clarion:

The saltiness and sweetness go very well together. It'll kill me, but they go well together.

Likewise, I've done that a few times in the past with a couple of fries. I made sure to space out the times I've done it so it doesn't flat out kill me if I do it too many times in a row. :D

For me I'm not the most creative person when it comes to making dishes (I'm kinda strict on that personaly) but for the most part I just put Tabasco sauce on different things to see how it tastes with said food item. :3

I do that with Habanero Hot suace. Great on Pizza

Popadoo:
Apple Sandwich.
I don't even know...

My room mate enjoys a pickle sandwich with mayo.
I also don't even know...

I wanted a sandwich, and I had cheese, bread, mayo, but alas, I had no meat. I had to eat something, so I went digging through the fridge again. During my excavation, I found some eggs. When they were frying, I searched the pantry for chips. A brand new bag of Lays called my name. Everything went onto that sandwich.

It was glorious.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked