Ah, the miracle of life. BURN IT WITH FIRE!!!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Pikaspew:
Wasn't expecting so many baby roaches o_0 how did they all fit in there?

they are also clowns

OT: I didn't fins that disgusting for even a moment, just kinda boring.

That was awesome! I always loved things like these. Science class was so much fun with all the jars and insect studying we did.

SckizoBoy:

DoPo:
Second, I don't think fire would be good enough - now carpet bomb with napalm seems more reasonable, although I'd prefer a nuke.

Nah... get some jewel-wasps, that'd be more fun! (The female jewel wasp basically wrestles with the cockroache, stings it in the base of the head, makes it subservient by chomping off its antenna and laying its eggs in the roach's abdomen, still alive when they birth, incidentally)...

Like so:

Entomology at its finest... *glee*

YES! Thank you! That's what is actually needed. More jewel wasps!

In related news, I should go cancel a nuclear strike.

As many, MANY people have already mentioned, why the hell is birth considered such a miracle? There's a perfectly scientific explanation for why it happens, and it happens somewhere every few minutes. Doesn't sound like much of a miracle to me.

Yeah, but as for the video?

NO FUCKING WAY AM I WATCHING THAT

Fascinating, sure, but now I can't eat any food for a while...

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
There is no way in hell im watching that. Forget it.

I read the title of the video and I thought the same thing. I don't know why anyone would want to watch anything give birth, much less cockroaches...

The maggots are kind of cute. I wouldn't want them in my house, but its kind of cool to see.

Now this... they need to be burned, tree included.

I guess I should be grateful that I was already mentally scar from a different video today (all I can say it was one of Robot Chicken season 5 clip) as I wasn't totally gross out by it.
Ok I admit the initial birth scene (when she open it all out) was kind of off putting however once you see the babies legs and start to flexing them out it just remind of any other insect like births (like crabs, shrimp etc).

I d'awed :3.

C'mon they were pretty cute when they were wiggling around. Plus at the beginning when they seemed to perpetually come from nowhere where at all was pretty cool, it was sort of like something out of Child of Eden meets Amnesia. Somebody write that down by the way and ship it somewhere...

Was that meant to be creepy or freaky?
I watched tons of animal programs as a kid, so thats nothing special. =P

You're fighting gravity there roach-mama. The babies were cute though.

Zack Alklazaris:
The maggots are kind of cute. I wouldn't want them in my house, but its kind of cool to see.

Ya know, I'm not arachnophobic but I think if I ever see that IRL I will be...

Looks like insect bodily functions are the new safe-for-work goatse.

Ape 1: "Ha! I caused you to view an insect bodily function under a false pretense!"

Ape 2: "I concede you did. Now, to perpetuate the act to another ape so we can all implicitly commiserate."

Pfft... Wasn't that bad.

I'll go with the "d'awww the babies were cute crowd."

...Just because they're cute doesn't mean I'd ever want to touch or get near one though.

...God damn it, I'm absolutely certain I'm going to regret this, but I'm going to watch that.

*watches video*

...that's it? Really? THAT freaked you out? I thought it was quite interesting. Impressive, really. That was ALOT of babies that thing had. And it was neat how they were only a minute or two old, and they were already crawling around independent of the mother.

That's literally the closest I've been to calling a roach "cute".

You wanna see something REALLY freaky? Watch this centipede kill a snake:

God damn, if I saw that thing in real life, I would be GONE. Now THAT is disgusting.

Zack Alklazaris:

Those fuckers are completely harmless, no need to kill them.

OT: I don't see what was so bad about the roach giving birth. Sure, it wasn't the most attractive thing I have ever seen, but I have seen and fapped to much worse.

That's pure nightmare fuel.
God, imagine a giant version of that. And all those larvae can crawl around and eat people, dissolving their innards with acid.

Hang on, I have to go write a horror movie screenplay!

Honestly I don't get why people are over reacting so much. This was pretty tame, and I've seen a hell of a lot worse.

Interesting fact folks, when humans have babies, they likely take a crap at the same time, due to pushing as hard as they do. It's common. Yes, this means when you were born you may have been covered in your mothers poopy. Now this video doesn't even look horrid in the slightest :D

First time I've ever seen any kind of bug-like creature reproduce. Interesting stuff, to put it mildly.

But, seriously, how DID they all fit in there??

Slightly insectophobic. That video did not leave me unscathed.

Nor did any of the others in this thread. But I've definitely seen worse. The worst part about it was holding back my urge to step on the damn thing before those white other things run all over the place.

And yes even human birth is kind of horrible. Scientifically fascinating, visually horrible.

Wasn't that bad. At first I thought you were talking about the movie Miracle of Life which even as a biology student is utterly disgusting.

Best of the 3:
Interesting fact folks, when humans have babies, they likely take a crap at the same time, due to pushing as hard as they do. It's common. Yes, this means when you were born you may have been covered in your mothers poopy. Now this video doesn't even look horrid in the slightest :D

False. (At least here in the civilized world/Norway)
Women are given laxatives and whatnot before labor, both for cleanliness and health reasons.

On-Topic: Not gonna watch that video, no way in hell. Insects freakin' creep me the hell out! D:

Mistermixmaster:

Best of the 3:

False. (At least here in the civilized world/Norway)
Women are given laxatives and whatnot before labor, both for cleanliness and health reasons.

On-Topic: Not gonna watch that video, no way in hell. Insects freakin' creep me the hell out! D:

Meh, Norway's ok. I'm half Norwegian. Been there a lot myself, it's a lovely place. Though they get a bit crazy over butter shortages. XD

and yeah, it's probably false. I'm just blowing things out of proportion. Kind of like the way people are with the video.

...No, I am not taking that obvious idiot bait. I can guess that will be the most disgusting thing since "Two Girls, One Cup," but isn't banned from Youtube because it technically doesn't break any rules. I can't think of how this thread could get any wor-

Zen Toombs:

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu has nightmares.

*click on video*

hmmm....

thats it?

well i guess
for me..

It's 2 in the morning and I already freaked out at a little spider crawling up behind me, you can keep your creepy crawly video to yourself for this one. o.o

Why the hell would anyone want that thing as a pet? o_o

Oh well, didn't really feel like sleeping anyway.

I'm insectaphobic.

I'm arachnophobic.

I am scared shitless by the mere THOUGHT of watching the video.

I'm going to have nightmares.

And I didn't watch anything yet.

Why you so scary, nature?! WHYYYYY!?!?

*breaks down and cries*

Wow, people. Apparently none of you have ever been forced to watch a human female give birth.

That shit will give you nightmares lol.

Also, this one is cooler :p

no way in hell will i ever hit that play button!

That's how I always want to give birth! Lying on your back, vagina up in the air, spitting out a few dozen little white children that are rapidly climbing all over you while you're still pushing some more out. That's the classy way to do things.

Anways, I've seen worse. It's not near the "Kill it with fire" level of things anyway.

Also, on the "miracle of birth" thing, I always thought that miracle meant something along of the lines of "something brilliant that was nigh on impossible". Birth is not that (unless of course there are extenuating circumstances). I'm not saying birth isn't a wonderful thing, but miracle it is not.

That wasn't so bad.
Rather interesting and the little babies almost had me squeeing at the cuteness.
Of course, I love freaky things so you may have to take what I say with a pinch of salt

TestECull:
What I want to know is why people keep calling birth a miracle. It's not in any way remotely miraculous that creatures are donig what they're genetically designed to do!

Call me what you will but I don't think it's a miracle at all, I do think people put faaaaaar more emphasis on it than they should, and as for the bugs in the OP I say squish 'em all and let the paper towel roll sort 'em out.

There are several ways to see the issue and it depends on what you mean with miracle:

Biological viewpoint: It's not a miracle because it is unexplainable or anything, but exactly because we know how it works it is so fascinating. A single cell with a single set of chromosomes has all the information and mechanisms to produce a huge complex being with numerous different cells which all have distinct functions (except stem cells and so on but you get my point) So while it is not technically a miracle it induces the same awe as a miracle and so people call it a miracle.

Religious viewpoint: Are you really surprised that religious people think it is a miracle? They make out of everything a miracle since it was all created by god, except the bad stuff, that is free will and so on but since birth is good -> thank god for this miracle and ignore the fact that it is an incredibly painful, dangerous and unreliable process causing many innocent unborns and babies to die.

Furthermore it comes in handy to argue against abortion because religious people call miracles somewhat analogous to god's gifts. Rick Santorum and many others argue that it is immoral to abort even after rape because the baby is god's gift. Since we know how babies are produced it of course then also means that the rape was god's gift but I fear that this will get off topic but what I was trying to say is that declaring stuff as god's miracles gives you a wide range of arguments you can use in debates and that is one motivation to call birth a miracle.

xedi:

There are several ways to see the issue and it depends on what you mean with miracle:

Biological viewpoint: It's not a miracle because it is unexplainable or anything, but exactly because we know how it works it is so fascinating. A single cell with a single set of chromosomes has all the information and mechanisms to produce a huge complex being with numerous different cells which all have distinct functions (except stem cells and so on but you get my point)

And this is why it isn't a miracle. Every organism on earth is designed to reproduce. Giving birth is not some rare, miraculous event that only happens once in a while. It's something that happens every second of every day. There's a baby popping out of something's vagina as I type this, and there will be one popping out as you read it.

Not a miracle at all.

Religious viewpoint: Are you really surprised that religious people think it is a miracle? They make out of everything a miracle since it was all created by god, except the bad stuff, that is free will and so on but since birth is good -> thank god for this miracle and ignore the fact that it is an incredibly painful, dangerous and unreliable process causing many innocent unborns and babies to die.

I can't take anyone seriously when they claim something the body is designed and programmed to do entirely autonomously is some sort of gift from an invisible guy in the sky I can't tweet penises to.

Furthermore it comes in handy to argue against abortion because religious people call miracles somewhat analogous to god's gifts. Rick Santorum and many others argue that it is immoral to abort even after rape because the baby is god's gift. Since we know how babies are produced it of course then also means that the rape was god's gift but I fear that this will get off topic but what I was trying to say is that declaring stuff as god's miracles gives you a wide range of arguments you can use in debates and that is one motivation to call birth a miracle.

And those people are what I like to call "Fucktarded morons". Especially Santorum. That man will ruin America if he gets within 500 yards of the Oval Office, just you watch.

I already have preciously little respect for guys that try to tell women they don't know what they can and can't do with their wombs, as well as guys that try to force their religious views on people who don't share them, and what little shred I have left goes poof when they bring "god's gift" into the argument. [1]

Honestly there shouldn't even be an argument. Pro choice doesn't mean you have to get an abortion, it merely means you have the option to get one, so the religious dipshits opposed to it need to shut the goddamn fuck up and realize that they would still have the option of not getting them. But that's a rant I'll leave in an entirely different thread.

[1] If I can't tweet an ASCII penis to someone they have no business in politics, and since you can't tweet an ASCII penis to dieties, they have no business in politics.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked