7.9% (47)
You don
2.5% (15)
2.5% (15)
Other.
4.7% (28)
4.7% (28)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: You were raped and got pregnant, what do you do?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

**edit: Forgot to quote**

ace_of_something:
Unless that's not what you mean by the moral implications.

In the money.

First, nobody has ever reached a consensus to what's human life and what is not. In case the victim decides to take action in time, she can choose emergency contraception. Or even an abortion before there is even a beating heart or sentient being.

Second, it would change the victim's life even more - since I am not a rape victim, I would not dare saying that something good can come out of a rape situation. Except lethal self-defense. That way no taxes are spent on feeding rapists.

Abortion is the sensible thing to do. But if I where insane and knew where the rapist lived, I would dump the kid on to his doorstep and frame him as a pedifile. Then, I'd watch the new film by Quentin Tarantino or Robert Rodriguez that was "based on true events". lol

Maze1125:

DugMachine:
ITT: Majority of males posting whether or not they'd abort or keep a baby (as if they'll ever be in this situation EVER). This is like the lawmakers trying to determine whether abortion should be legal and the committees for the damn thing are pretty much all male, old, white MALES.

MALES

Yeah, you're right, because no-one can ever have an opinion on a subject that doesn't effect them directly, and detachment from a subject is never considered an advantage in rational discourse.
And, of course, no male has ever been effected by abortion, no man who desperately wanted to be a father has ever had to deal with his offspring being aborted and no foetuses are ever male.

It is a purely female subject and no male should even be allowed to think about it!

Obviously men can have an opinion on the subject, and I know they are affected by it in everyway. But asking what you would do and saying what YOU would do is pointless as it's ultimately the woman's choice.

"Pregnant? Scared? There's always a solution.....FALCON PUCNH!!!* Problem solved.

Acrisius:

Maze1125:

Acrisius:
Only 3 posts bro? Nice...

Yes, only three, the site decided to crash as I was posting. I don't know why it decided to only repeat my post three times rather than more than that. It just did.

But I wonder, how many times would the site have had to have repeated my post for you to have bothered to actually read it? Because obviously 3 times wasn't enough.

No dude, I read it three times!

I answered you in the answer I gave the other guy/guys in the post you quoted this from. Just read that and you can figure it out.

*edit to clarify*

I don't feel like putting more energy into a more lengthy answer, so that's all you get. Tired of arguing.

What, that people using language inaccurately in everyday use not only justifies the use of logical fallacies in rational discourse, it in fact, according to you, actually mandates it?

Because that makes no damn sense.

Just because people use the word "baby" when they're talking informally in no way means it's the right word to use in a discussion situation.

Maze1125:

Acrisius:

Maze1125:

Yes, only three, the site decided to crash as I was posting. I don't know why it decided to only repeat my post three times rather than more than that. It just did.

But I wonder, how many times would the site have had to have repeated my post for you to have bothered to actually read it? Because obviously 3 times wasn't enough.

No dude, I read it three times!

I answered you in the answer I gave the other guy/guys in the post you quoted this from. Just read that and you can figure it out.

*edit to clarify*

I don't feel like putting more energy into a more lengthy answer, so that's all you get. Tired of arguing.

What, that people using language inaccurately in everyday use not only justifies the use of logical fallacies in rational discourse, it in fact, according to you, actually mandates it?

Because that makes no damn sense.

Just because people use the word "baby" when they're talking informally in no way means it's the right word to use in a discussion situation.

What can I tell you man, there's a lot in the world that doesn't make sense =)

I'd say Abortion. But it has to be very very very early after the act of rape/pregnancy.

If you wait until months down the road, then you've let the boat sails and must bear the child; adoption if you don't wish to raise that baby.

I didnt see the other thread, but to answer the second part of this question and the main of that, being a man I would take that to the god damned bank and get the news story. Then I might abort it, just cause, fuck withthe pro lifers and the conservatives.

however to answer the first part, I would birth the baby and strangle the person who raped me with the umbilical cord, cause seriously, fuck that guy. As the what I would do with the baby, adoption. that childs fucked for a normal life with me without the murder, so thats its best chance.

The most logical way to handle the situation would be to base the decision entirely upon whether you are capable (financially, emotionally, etc.) of supporting a child and giving it a good life.

Then again, people are rarely logical... especially when they have been raped.

If I were a woman and ended up in this situation, or if men could get pregnant for that matter, I would definitely go for an abortion. Too many reasons why keeping the product of a rape would be bad both for parent and child.

My first girl and I decided on an abortion with zero rape involved, just good old fashioned %100 consensual sex (if only she had told me her mom found and took away her birth control). We thought long and hard on that decision ultimately deciding to abort. Thinking back zero of our "keep the baby" thoughts had to do with any notion of the sanctity of life.

Long story short; abort, and castrate the rapist, or kill him, either way is fine.

You must understand, its not rape if you're consenting. Another note to understand, you imply I was the submissive one, which insults me a little. Anywho, I'd let the foal come and then put it up for adoption. Not a soul needs to know.

Id go see a doctor, because id be extremely confused as to when i grew a uterus....

Then id get a lawsuit going for piles of money. And then id get an abortion, because i dont want children at my age, i dont think i could properly care for him, and i dont want him to be know as "the child born from a mans arse".

Religion and Politics section. Seriously, I am getting sick of all these poping into off topic. If you want a lot of posts read my guide or the guide lines GOOOH!

ElPatron:

ace_of_something:
Unless that's not what you mean by the moral implications.

In the money.

First, nobody has ever reached a consensus to what's human life and what is not. In case the victim decides to take action in time, she can choose emergency contraception. Or even an abortion before there is even a beating heart or sentient being.

Second, it would change the victim's life even more - since I am not a rape victim, I would not dare saying that something good can come out of a rape situation. Except lethal self-defense. That way no taxes are spent on feeding rapists.

Firstly I said respect for life, not human life. You can't deny that cells are living organisms. Secondly the question is what would I do. Not what would I expect others to do. It's my belief and it's not my place to force it on others.

I've seen too much in my line of work to want people to die unless they are immediately threatening the lives of others.

ace_of_something:
Firstly I said respect for life, not human life.

The problem is... our body kills millions of cells every day for our own good.

We do what suits us best. We are still animals after all.

Abort like there's no tomorrow.

i would be impressed that i, a guy, were pregnant.
but for arguments sake, lets say i got a girl pregnant, i would have to say abort it or adopt it out, im barely fit to be looking after myself (im a uni student in a dorm, my room is a mess and i dont think anything ive eaten in the last month qualifies as food)

abort it and do it quickly, before the republicans make it illegal

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked