Any personal projects you're trying to get round to?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Not including my book and video game bucketlist (which is really goddamn long), I'm dieting and lifting weights. I have a weight training class right now and a gym membership for the summer. I just hope I can keep at it.

Making a game in the style of an old school 2D JRPG - but using all the power of modern day computers (so instead of 16-bit pixel collections, we'll be using matte paintings and detailed character sprites). We started out with one programmer and two artists. Now, we already have two programmers, three artists and one guy for music & sound.

The only problem we have at the moment, is the severe lack of time. But we'll get there eventually... Unless everyone just decides too call it quits when things start to drag on too much. Wouldn't be the first project to go down like that.

I'd like to write a visual novel, but so far it doesn't have a plot so I haven't got round to it...also it sounds horribly like Persona so I may just give it a miss entirely /sigh

I admit I want to make a Xenoblade Chronicle and The Last Story type of review (together not seperate) on the review section on here once I had finish the Last Story game.
It isn't a real review per say (I won't give out a score) but it sort of a summary of both game similarity and differences for those who can only buy one game however I know that some people hate comparing those two game togethers. It's really more which of the two games would suit you best type of thing.

henritje:

Marcus Kehoe:

Build the rest of My Red Frame Astray model.

what grade is it Perfect grade or Master grade?

1/100 high grade, after it I got the Blue Frame also.

Waaghpowa:
trying to play while capturing video on a single drive makes for super choppy games.

No it doesn't, stop lying. Its your processor that's letting you down.

iBagel:

Waaghpowa:
trying to play while capturing video on a single drive makes for super choppy games.

No it doesn't, stop lying. Its your processor that's letting you down.

Yes, because I'm lying about my PC's performance? My CPU is fine, my hard drive isn't writing fast enough. I used an external HD and it runs fine. Also, nice first impression, 200 posts on the forums and you've already gotten several warnings. You wont last long. Welcome to ignoresville, population, you.

Restarting my aquarium. Bought all the items needed but my interest has diminished and it's something you need to be dedicated to do in the long run.

Playthrough the whole of Mass Effect 1 then 2 back to back to get a character ready for 3, although I'm not so sure I'll get it now; I'm starting to have reservations about how they can possibly round of the series satisfactorily after ME2's lacklustre one.

Finishing the single player levels on Men of War Assault squad; I still have to do the DLC ones, but haven't got round to them properly yet.

Reading through a stack of books I got from my grandparents when they moved house; I need to decide if any are worthy keeping.

Try to finish Just Cause 2 to 100%... I cringe at the thought.

Finish the story I've been writing for the last two years; its at nearly 113,000 words and we're not even close... I'm lucky if I can get 200 words done in a night.

So much shit it is not even funny. Unfortunately my current job is full-time and my weekends are usually pretty full. Couple that with a lazy personality and the fact that I run WAY TOO MANY table top campaigns and I don't have all that much time available for creative endeavors.

Been meaning to start doing video reviews for games, but that turned out to be far more time consuming than I thought it would. I still plan on starting some review stuff... which I believe I will wait until ME3 to start as ME3 is probably the last game that I will fanboy-over for several years to come and I can look at future releases more objectively (plus I kind of want to find a niche, not just do run-of-the-mill AAA titles).

Also been meaning to find some partners for a small 16-bit RPG project. I know plenty of artists, but my only good programming buddy is in China until the Fall.

My sister and I really need to get on starting one of our webcomics too... have tons of ideas.

Well, I want to learn coding, specifically HTML and CSS. Website designing. And of course, graphics designing.

I'm also gonna try and make my reviews into a full fledged series. :p

Of course, I also want to learn another language. THUS, BECOMING TRILINGUAL.

I have a concept for a minor invention but I lack the technical drawing ability and both the skills and means to create a prototype.

Have also had a rather in depth idea for a sci-fi book that I'll probably never write...

Damn my lack of spare time!!

I've got a huge bag of paperclips I've been meaning to turn into a chain mail shirt... Yes, insane, I know.

Have been trying to build a electric guitar for a while now. But today I actually got around to sanding of the body of the old one, which I'm going to use as a base.

Other than that I've been trying to write and record some songs. I have been trying for almost two months but I've gotten frackin NOWHERE.

But if i ever finish any of these things I mights put it up here...

I have several actually, all of which I hope to get to.

-Lose weight, I'm not in particularly awful shape but I do need to drop some pounds and trim up a bit. I'm kind of in the process of this, I'm trying to eat better and I'm also attending a Zumba class every week. I also plan to start going for evening walks when I'm not busy with class.

-Clean my room, both my dorm room and my own room back home. Much sorting and toting to be done. As well as trips to goodwill to give some old items of mine a good home. As well as some refurbishment. I also want to redecorate my room back home, make it into my personal batcave. =B

-A bunch of DIY projects I've found, from clothing, to jewelry, to room accessories, to food, to random little fun things(Like a homemade marshmallow blow gun!). This kinda ties into the weight loss and room projects above. I confess to being a HUGE DIY fan, chances are a lot of these will take place during the summer when I'm back home and have more time on my hands.

-Lastly I have a couple that some have already mentioned(A webcomic, Video Game/Book Bucket List, etc.)

I've been saving up some monies to buy DJ equipment so I can finally start practicing on hardware.
Also, I've been meaning to find a good place to practice dancing, and start putting up tutorials on youtube. My goal is to eventually start setting up meet-ups in my area.

Tuesday Night Fever:

dyre:

Oh, shit, I've been putting it off for about a year now. How long was your face throbbing in pain?!

Like I said... I put it off for around ten years. It didn't really hurt during the meantime. Every once in a while I'd have a day or two where I felt like a little kid teething, but nothing severe.

Then a few months back I started having whole weeks at a time where my whole face hurt. One of the wisdom teeth was pretty impacted and was putting pressure on the rest of my lower teeth, and another wisdom tooth had cracked because there wasn't enough room for it in my jaw and ended up getting infected. But it took a really long time to get to that point.

If I'd had them taken out at any time within the first five or so years, I probably could have even avoided the days where it felt like I was teething.

But I was lazy, I kept making excuses (like not having the time or money to get it done even when I did), and I was admittedly a little afraid of getting it done because of the horror stories people talk about. But it ended up being no big deal. Operation took about an hour, I felt no pain whatsoever, I was able to speak more-or-less clearly within 8 or so hours after the operation, I was back to work and eating solid foods again within three days. There was a bit of bleeding immediately after I got home, but it wasn't too bad and didn't last very long. There was very little swelling. Hell, I never even bothered taking any of the painkillers they sent me home with.

It's really nothing to worry about. Just don't let it wait as ridiculously long as I did.

Oh, you mean it hurt before you got them taken out, but not so much after? Whew, alright. I'll get mine taken out this coming spring break.

Freechoice:
Workin' on that novel o' mine.

I too am writing a novel, actually. Fortunately, on Thursdays I have a three and a half hour break. While it was intensely annoying, I realized it's the perfect time to get down to some writing.

Beyond that, I do have some others I didn't put in the OP:

There is of course my ten year plan to complete my A levels, go to University in America, return to Britain triumphantly and join the Royal Marines, then leave and live in America. I will also hand-rear a couple of wolf cubs.

And think up more shower related innuendos. It seems to be a relationship in-joke that when my girlfriend tells me she's going for a shower I make some kind of sexual remark. Enough so that when I didn't previously, she was a little disappointed.

Oh, and I need to improve my shooting.

Little update on my Minecraft Winterfell project: I'm having a little trouble with the heart tree.

1) Update my cv, which will hopefully lead to...
2) ...getting a new job
3) Teach my son to ride his bike
4) Teach my son to tie his shoes
5) Reclaim my garden from The Weeds From Hell
6) Get loft insulation installed
7) Somehow get all of this done around Mass Effect 3

I'm building a Witcher dice poker set. Bought the wood, hinges and tools. I've measured up and made blueprints, but I never have the time to just cut some wood. Shame too, I've got some sexy black and gold die just waiting to be used:( Need to find an artist to paint it too.

I'm currently planning the construction of the next Iiosia Combat Simulator. Hoping to get in some new features like gridbased movement and multiple partymembers.

I've been thinking about doing some user reviews, that's about it; now that I've got a short break from doing coursework I might trying writing something up.

This summer I'm going to Cameroon on a solidarity project.
Beat that

1. Learn another language, I don't know which one but I was learning German in high school so I'll probably carry on with that.
2. Lose my virginity(This one isn't going so well, you could have guessed that.Haha)
3. Read more books(Suggestions welcome)
4. Get some sort of physical excercise at least once a week, I should be a really fat bastard but I've got no fat at all.

Writing my D&D campaign- not that I've lined anyone up to play it yet- I'm halfway through the writing, then need to make all the maps/boards/etc. V.Excited!

Lets see, I have a ton of ideas for building stuff but lack the materials and funds to procure said materials. Once I get back into the workforce I'm planning on saving up for a Reprap 3D printer (The Huxley model which is ~$500) so I can let loose my creative mind. Currently I want to make a motorized skateboard, a model of a mech I have been thinking about, and many other plans.

Also I really want to get back into D&D and possibly start a webcomic once my drawing skills increase.

dyre:

Oh, you mean it hurt before you got them taken out, but not so much after? Whew, alright. I'll get mine taken out this coming spring break.

Yep. It really didn't hurt very much after getting them out. It was really more annoying than it was painful. The worst part of the whole experience was the stitches. The oral surgeon I went to used stitches that dissolve over time so that I wouldn't have to go back to get them taken out. After a few days when the stitches started to come loose it felt like I had little pieces of dental floss stuck between my teeth and hanging down in the back of my mouth. It was pretty annoying, but it only lasted like a day or so and wasn't painful.

Some people get lucky and don't have to get wisdom teeth removed. I think it's something like a third of the U.S. population never has to deal with it. But if your dentist tells you it's a concern, it's probably a good idea to listen to him or her and avoid taking the stupid route that I took. Dental health is one of the most frequently overlooked health concerns, despite it actually being very important to a person's well-being.

Marcus Kehoe:

henritje:

Marcus Kehoe:

Build the rest of My Red Frame Astray model.

what grade is it Perfect grade or Master grade?

1/100 high grade, after it I got the Blue Frame also.

have you build more models?
I personally have a small army by now.

I was planning on writing a story, but i lack two things:

the drive to write it
time

damselgaming:
Writing my D&D campaign- not that I've lined anyone up to play it yet- I'm halfway through the writing, then need to make all the maps/boards/etc. V.Excited!

My problem when I plan campaigns is actually the opposite. I usually have TOO MANY people who want to play. Pretty soon here I am going to actually sit one of our new guys down and explain to him that jumping in on the third campaign in a three-campaign long story where everyone is playing the same characters starting at at level 12 in a home-brew rule set is not the best way to get into table top gaming. Having him would be problematic for a plethora of reasons D:

Getting published.
Learning Japanese :D

Around a dozen 1/144 mostly seed and original.

Finally painted my bike after sanding it down, constructed at the moment, but still needs the brakes and gears sorted. As far as barely started projects go, I'm making a USB NES controller. I have everything, but my projects do tend to last a long time as I do the odd hour/2 hours, rather having consistent time on it.

Pebblig:
Finally painted my bike after sanding it down, constructed at the moment, but still needs the brakes and gears sorted. As far as barely started projects go, I'm making a USB NES controller. I have everything, but my projects do tend to last a long time as I do the odd hour/2 hours, rather having consistent time on it.

This reminds me that I need to get around to building a MAME arcade cabinet. >.>

Fappy:

damselgaming:

My problem when I plan campaigns is actually the opposite. I usually have TOO MANY people who want to play. Pretty soon here I am going to actually sit one of our new guys down and explain to him that jumping in on the third campaign in a three-campaign long story where everyone is playing the same characters starting at at level 12 in a home-brew rule set is not the best way to get into table top gaming. Having him would be problematic for a plethora of reasons D:

There's nothing worse than trying to squeeze a new player into a slow burning game. When I have everything set up, i might just throw it up on facebook and do first come first serve! It's only really written for a party of 4.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked