The New Avengers Trailer... O M G

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

WolfThomas:

Nerdstar:
i'm banking money that the scrulls are involved somehow! the ships lend credence to the theory plus in the ultimates they were the first threat for the avengers, and the movie draws at least some inspiration form the ultimate universe. alothe your idea for jourgumound is an intriguing and equally valid theory as well. and keep in mind that bit in Thor were they made a comment on how the asgardian magic may just be super advanced tech(Clark's third law and all that) so the serpent hypothesis is perhaps more valid then you think

I love all the speculation about the invaders I've heard the usual Skrulls/Chitauri and Kree suggested, but also stuff like the Shi'ar, Badoon and Break-worlders. The last one isn't too crazy as Joss Whedon created them in his comics.

i know aint it awesome!

the Skrulls/Chitauri are in my opinion the best candidates for the invaders of all the alien races out there they have had the most conflict with earth(going way back with the fantastic four up to the secert invasion) and while the Shi'ar, Badoon and Break-worlders are possibilities i personally don't think it will be either the Shi'ar or the Break-worlders.

the shi'ar are typical fall under the x-men and more often then naught are allies of the x-men (expect when ever someone like death bird manges to usurp the throne every five seconds)and as for the Break-worlders again they fall under the "x-men" banner plus there relatively new on the scene while the skrulls have been around forever and keep in mind the skrulls themselves were one of the creators of the cosmic cube, thus lending even more fuel to the scroll fire!

This movie looks awesome, but I hope it doesn't suck

Oh man I have such a raging nerd boner right now! Anyways this movie looks great and I'm hoping for the best, though I will miss Edward Norton. I really enjoyed him as Dav... I mean Bruce Banner.

KrossBillNye:

SecretNegative:
The guy directing (Joss Whedon) has previously made Buffy: The vampire slayer. So much for this being a good movie. But let's judge this by the trailer instead.

He also did Firefly and Serenity. Josh Whedon is the whole reason why I am going to go see this movie in the first place.

How dare anyone mention Whedon and not immediately bring up Firefly! /madface

Buffy, the TV show not the shitty 80s movie wasn't not bad. It had its moments and the writting was top notch which is what Joss is really know for, that and directing character driver stories featuring large cast.

Whedon, being attached to this movie is definitely a strike in its favor.

No Giant Man, no Wasp. Though this seems to be the founding of them, and they didn't join till latter I must assume. I don't know the lore to deep.
I'll certainly be waiting for my brothers to see this and tell me if it was any good. They rush off to see stuff, while I wait for some positive feed back on it.

Well, here is the thing. Part of the interesting thing about The Avengers is it's supposed to be made up of characters we are already familiar with in their own universes with their own stories, right? Obviously they would have to shoehorn in several to complete the avengers team, and that isn't feasible, so they just did it for hawkeye. However, it still seems like there is a bit more room here, so Wat Do? Hey MARVEL, you know what a good solution to this is? Use Wolverine. I don't pay attention to the comic scene much, but I heard somewhere he was part of the avengers once, soooooo.... why not? I am not the biggest fan of wolverine, but it would be nice to see more attention paid to the x-men franchise in this day and age, and a good reminder to let people know that it takes place in the same universe. They aren't even giving that franchise any love with the Avengers cartoon for crying out loud, but they give constant nods to The Fantastic Bore.

xPixelatedx:
Well, here is the thing. Part of the interesting thing about The Avengers is it's supposed to be made up of characters we are already familiar with in their own universes with their own stories, right? Obviously they would have to shoehorn in several to complete the avengers team, and that isn't feasible, so they just did it for hawkeye. However, it still seems like there is a bit more room here, so Wat Do? Hey MARVEL, you know what a good solution to this is? Use Wolverine. I don't pay attention to the comic scene much, but I heard somewhere he was part of the avengers once, soooooo.... why not? I am not the biggest fan of wolverine, but it would be nice to see more attention paid to the x-men franchise in this day and age, and a good reminder to let people know that it takes place in the same universe. They aren't even giving that franchise any love with the Avengers cartoon for crying out loud, but they give constant nods to The Fantastic Bore.

easy, marvel doesnt own the movie rights to the X-men, which includes wolverine.

Trailer looks Amazing, and the trailer being heavy on iron-man is to probably try and get more viewers, since he is the only one who has 2 movies so far.

Hero in a half shell:
That looked pretty awesome. Captain America's helmet still looks like a big blue condom though, How could they mess that up when it was fine in the first movie?

EDIT: Also they're excruciatingly vague on who the actual villian is in this, does anyone know what Robofish at the end is supposed to be?

EDIT 2: It could be the Midgard Serpent, which would tie into Loki being the villian http://marvel.wikia.com/Jormungand_%28Earth-616%29, although as far as I can tell the midgard serpent never resembled a Michael Bay Transformer.
Anyone else got thoughts on this?

I'd put money on the invaders being skrulls. As for the robofish.

I'm hoping it's not a mutilation of any existing character/creature. They've been pretty true to the source material, I'd hate to seem them start butchering it now. With any luck it's just some Skrull invasion device thingy.

And I get the distinct feeling Loki isn't the enemy in this. I think he's pulling a Kessler and basically preparing people of some impending doom. No matter how dickishly.

Still looking great. That last scene with the huge mechanical flying serpent... I'm looking forward to seeing that thing on a screen that's five times my height.

That was freaking awesome. This only makes me look forward to the film even more. Can't wait :D.

SecretNegative:
I wasn't racking on Bay, I was merely mentioned hypocrisy among people who doesn't like Bay, but like other mindless action-flicks.

Be careful with the statement "other mindless action-flicks". While a lot of movies fall into that category. Some can rise above the rest using other aspects than just story or something "not-mindless"; aspects like style, feeling, acting, flow of the story that give the movie an extra edge. But in the end, all the separate parts should come together and become something different entirely. Then you know it isn't just another Transformers movie. E.g. Shoot 'm Up was a mindless action-flick, but it was still better than Transformers, because it had style and flair.

Non of the Marvel movies have any special or intelligent story. But nonetheless the script, the acting, the flow of the movie; all worked perfectly together.

Abandon4093:
And I get the distinct feeling Loki isn't the enemy in this. I think he's pulling a Kessler and basically preparing people of some impending doom. No matter how dickishly.

That would be awesome. I like the "shades of grey" aspect, instead of an obvious, flat, all evil, bad guy, for no apparent reason than to just be evil.

I've spent the last 6 months telling all my friends that this movie is going to be amazing. Then I heard Joss Whedon was directing and I yelped for joy, which brought strange looks cause I was supposed to be doing my english essay. This movie's got everything going for it, so if it sucks the entire world will fall into a empty vortex of fail. image

Jasper Jeffs:
Well that was fucking cheesy. I imagine it'll be entertaining, but other than that it looks pretty fucking horrible.

If Transformers can get away with their b.s. let us comic book fans have ONE movie where are heroes come together, k? ;)

- XMen don't count. They needs to be togethorz. cos everyone hates them 3: . realistically.

God i literally blushed watching the trailer. I........regret nothing. *pushes up glasses*

Volf:
Well Edward Norton isn't going to be in it, so that's already one thing it has against it.

If you'll look into his reasons for not returning, it was an issue of money and screen time. While I can agree that Norton is a decent enough actor, and can demand quite a bit when starring in a film, there are some things to consider about this role:

1. This second movie isn't a Hulk movie. It's an ensemble picture, which means every character is getting less screen time.

2. People don't come to see Bruce Banner; they come to see the Hulk. The origin story is out of the way, so it stands to reason that the Banner character will be getting even less screen time because he also has to share the screen with his "other half."

I think, most likely, these facts caused some issues in negotiations between Norton's agency and Marvel. Someone, somewhere wasn't willing to budge. Is it possible that it was Norton? Sure. Is it possible that it was someone on his behalf? More likely.

I can't wait. Good God, that trailer alone sold my not only my Midnight showing ticket but the next-day one as well. I'm not huge into the comics so I don't really have any insight as to who the villains other than Loki will be but didn't Loki bring the Skrull/Kree war to Earth? If that's the case than Mr and, Ms. Marvel could appear in the second Avengers (because the only way this isn't going to be at least a trilogy is if this one bombs more horrendously than Green Lantern)

As for the scenes in The Forest and the line "We're not a team, we're a time bomb" I'm REALLY REALLY hoping that a long-term goal of The Avengers film series will be the Civil War. Marvel needs to hurry up and get the movie-rights to Spidey back dammit.

I think Iron Man is only popular because of the popularity of Transformers :/ - as far as a super heroes go its so clear he's the least super of them all :(

I love Marvel to death & find the Avengers amazing but....compared to The New Avengers? Spiderman? Wolverine? Storm? *shakes head laughing* I think if there were a choice it'd be obvious which movie most would go see...

at the end of the day they're Comic Book Movies. that aren't catering to the people who read the Comics. /jpegOfTheProfessorIndicatingWhichWorldHeDoesn'tWantToLiveIn

I don't see the big deal. It's just a bunch of random superheroes whose movies weren't even that great.

(don't hit me)

poiumty:

I don't see the big deal. It's just a bunch of random superheroes whose movies weren't even that great.

(don't hit me)

D:< WHAT DID YOU SAY!? - are you implying protagonists from lame movies can't come together and make a mediocre one?!??

Monkeyman O'Brien:

Who cares? Christian Bale is definitely a dick. In fact hes not only a dick but hes a absolute cunt and a asshole to boot. But as long as his acting is good then that is all that should matter to the viewers.

A dick? I don't see it as such, the guy who ruind the set just wasted a lot of time for everyone by being thoughtless about what he was doing.
He got slammed for being unprofessionel and Bale had an outburst.

Cyael:
I think Iron Man is only popular because of the popularity of Transformers :/ - as far as a super heroes go its so clear he's the least super of them all :(

I love Marvel to death & find the Avengers amazing but....compared to The New Avengers? Spiderman? Wolverine? Storm? *shakes head laughing* I think if there were a choice it'd be obvious which movie most would go see...

at the end of the day they're Comic Book Movies. that aren't catering to the people who read the Comics. /jpegOfTheProfessorIndicatingWhichWorldHeDoesn'tWantToLiveIn

Iron Man only popular because of Transformers? Seriously?

And no shit he's the least super of them all, it's common knowledge that Tony Stark has no super powers.

And for those worrying about RDJ being the main focus, he is not. He originally wanted the movie to mainly be about him, because he's a selfish dick but the studio refused.

Boris Goodenough:

Monkeyman O'Brien:

Who cares? Christian Bale is definitely a dick. In fact hes not only a dick but hes a absolute cunt and a asshole to boot. But as long as his acting is good then that is all that should matter to the viewers.

A dick? I don't see it as such, the guy who ruind the set just wasted a lot of time for everyone by being thoughtless about what he was doing.
He got slammed for being unprofessionel and Bale had an outburst.

Dude was trying to do his job. Made a mistake. He obviously did not do it intentionally. So if Bale had of snapped and stopped after say a minute then okay, I could understand that. At around the 2 minute mark he stops only to keep sniping at the dude and starts up again. Then when the dude explains himself Bale physically threatens him which itself crossed all lines.
Bale is just a unprofessional little bitch who needs someone to kick 7 shades of shit out of him and put him in his place. I honestly hope the next person he threatens knocks a few of his teeth out.
Any other job, he would have been fired for threatening a co-worker. But because the company has millions of dollars tied up and his face on most the shots they can not afford to fire his prima donna ass like he deserves.

No, I hate it because it's set in America herr derp durr.

OT: I would drink this Thor's bathwater. Right about now I'm more concerned with someone getting overshadowed or left behind during the movie.

But whatever. Looks good. Besides the Hulk movie, I enjoyed all of them.

Monkeyman O'Brien:

Thomas Guy:
Norton is apparently sort of a dick.

Apparently the excuse for that was he was still in character, and that was part of his "method" acting.

Part of me wants to believe that.

Monkeyman O'Brien:

Dude was trying to do his job. Made a mistake. He obviously did not do it intentionally. So if Bale had of snapped and stopped after say a minute then okay, I could understand that. At around the 2 minute mark he stops only to keep sniping at the dude and starts up again. Then when the dude explains himself Bale physically threatens him which itself crossed all lines.
Bale is just a unprofessional little bitch who needs someone to kick 7 shades of shit out of him and put him in his place. I honestly hope the next person he threatens knocks a few of his teeth out.
Any other job, he would have been fired for threatening a co-worker. But because the company has millions of dollars tied up and his face on most the shots they can not afford to fire his prima donna ass like he deserves.

I don't remember the shuffling of feet after the threat, since I heard it when it first came out. I guess what stood out the most was "you're a nice guy but we are done professionally.".
I guess I stand corrected.

imahobbit4062:

Cyael:

Iron Man only popular because of Transformers? Seriously?

And no shit he's the least super of them all, it's common knowledge that Tony Stark has no super powers.

And for those worrying about RDJ being the main focus, he is not. He originally wanted the movie to mainly be about him, because he's a selfish dick but the studio refused.

If you don't think Transformers & its "success" plays a HUGE part in all the screen time they feed his transformation sequences I don't think a debate about it would be a productive use of either of our time :) - I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of that movie they could fill 20 minutes with just gears spinning, lights flashings, panels flipping, & loud whirring servos as he's repeatedly assembled & disassembled. also metal music was there. :3

SecretNegative:

anthony87:

SecretNegative:
The guy directing (Joss Whedon) has previously made Buffy: The vampire slayer. So much for this being a good movie. But let's judge this by the trailer instead. Lot's of explosions, Downey doing his act without much energy or passion to it, a guy replaces Edward Norton as Hulk, there's a girl and possibly lovestory in it and Loki has apperently become alive again somehow.

Nope, not so much hopes for this movie, it'll probably be another one with lot's of explosions with decent acting but a sup-par script. What is it with explosions that makes everyone go "AWESOME", but when, say, the Star Wars-prequels (or Bay-movies) also base the movie around explosions it's "DUUDE! NOT COOL! NEED MORE STORY!".

Several directors have proven that you can cram in both explosions and a good story. Oh yeah, Avengers, probably not gonna see it. Wasn't too fond of Thor or Iron-Man, and hasn't seen Captain America.

Nawh bless. Somebody watched a little too much Moviebob and now thinks he can come off sounding just as witty or intelligent by tossing in a Michael Bay joke.

1. I don't watch Moviebob, only like two or three of his videos ever.

2. Moviebob isn't witty or intelligent in any way, and he has way, way too low standards and I rarely ever agree with him in most questions.

3. If you read my sentence again, I wasn't racking on Bay, I was merely mentioned hypocrisy among people who doesn't like Bay, but like other mindless action-flicks.

4. Don't be an asshole over the Internet just because you can.

5. Don't rack on other people just because they've got other opinions than you.

6. Don't make presumptions of other people and act as if those presumptions were true.

Don't worry tony, haters just gotta hate. And then rip on you for... yup, the same mindless "ripping on" that they just spewed forth. Gotta love the interwebz.

When Iron Man, Thor, and Cap are standing opposite of each other, pissed off, I had to adjust in my chair.

I bet DC and WB are face palming right now. "How come we're not doing a Justice League movie?"

For.I.Am.Mad:
I bet DC and WB are face palming right now. "How come we're not doing Justice League movie?"

Because according to their numbers, people just aren't interested in characters outside of Batman or Superman. People clearly have problems with characters like Green Lantern and not the subpar films they appear in.

Cyael:

How about Hawkeye and Black Widow? At the 360 scene, it was painfully obvious those two are seriously underpowered.

Iron Man is popular because his movies were the best of the batch of Marvel movies (especially the first one). Besides the fact he is one of the founding members.

It looks alright. Really folks it's a superhero team up, the fact some of you seem to love it this much without even seeing the film is a tad disturbing. I think Cap looks really stupid though, that costume makes it hard for me to not laugh at him.

For.I.Am.Mad:
I bet DC and WB are face palming right now. "How come we're not doing a Justice League movie?"

Because Superman and Batman are the only characters regular people (not comic book fans) seems to care.

Green Lantern was bad, but its not like Superman and Batman didn't had their share of terrible movies. Yet those were, at least, commercially successful.

Well that gave me an erection covered in goose bumps.

hermes200:

For.I.Am.Mad:

Because Superman and Batman are the only characters regular people (not comic book fans) seems to care.

Green Lantern was bad, but its not like Superman and Batman didn't had their share of terrible movies. Yet those were, at least, commercially successful.

Bull. Iron Man and Thor were almost B level characters to non-comic fans before their movies released. Me personally, I never 'got' Thor but I liked his movie. Even Captain America was kind of second tier. It was always Spidah-man and the X-men with marvel for the longest time.

People didn't see Green Lantern because it was a bad movie not because of the character.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked