That moment in life where you wonder why they would do that.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Meh... people are people... the lack of education, or the difference in education and understanding in different areas of the world cause people to do things differently! To us things that happen in Africa and the Middle east all sounds horrifying and horrible... and it is, but to them it is justified, and normal, and makes sense!

progression will tke place... but it's not something that will happen in a day! Or something that will be cured with internet petitions, or moaning... unfortunately!

Elementary - Dear Watson:
Meh... people are people... the lack of education, or the difference in education and understanding in different areas of the world cause people to do things differently! To us things that happen in Africa and the Middle east all sounds horrifying and horrible... and it is, but to them it is justified, and normal, and makes sense!

progression will tke place... but it's not something that will happen in a day! Or something that will be cured with internet petitions, or moaning... unfortunately!

That was very well put. Thank you.

Realitycrash:

connall:

So what just made you thing, "How can people be like this?"

Everytime someone creates a thread with "what makes YOU hate humanity?" or "I don't want to live on this earth any more", I cringe.
You know, maybe all those that say "Humanity sucks" or "I don't want to live on this earth any more" could just group together and be cynical in their own little camp, and the rest of us that believe in positive change (and the fact that we have thousands of years of positive change to back up our statements with) can actively try to change things for the better.
Ah, but I digress.

The internet makes me "not live on this earth", if you want a clear answer. The internet and slackers.

Again, I don't have anything against humanity as a whole, I know people do not all have homophobic traits. Also, I love this earth, going through it's up and downs is life. It's interesting thing to live through. Still there are moments where you can find a trait that is out of line. If people say they don't want to live on this earth, they have their opinion. Also if the internet makes you feel that way, why would you be on reading this thread and commenting? This is something that is boggling my mind, that people feel the need to say the same thing over and over again, just don't reply to my thread otherwise you are just joining in with what you hate.

connall:

Cheers! :P

I am in the military, and it's part of what we do to try and understand why the shit that happens, happens... It's very hard to understand, and we, as a whole, struggle to! The fact that most of the people in Afghanistan would prefer to live under the harsh rule of the Taleban than under an elected democratic gorvernment... seems sensible to us, but to them, and their upbringing, it is bettert o have strict rules and harsh punishments...

Ironically, because our military is trying to help in Afghanistan, most of the western civillians think we shouldn't be there, and are just wasting time and resources... but because the media is in places like Africa, they switch on to those problems and act like we shuld be doing something there instead...! It's very strange! I bet if we moved into Uganda like everone on facebook seems to think we should be doing, after a couple of weeks they would be moaning about that too! :S

Elementary - Dear Watson:

connall:

Cheers! :P

I am in the military, and it's part of what we do to try and understand why the shit that happens, happens... It's very hard to understand, and we, as a whole, struggle to! The fact that most of the people in Afghanistan would prefer to live under the harsh rule of the Taleban than under an elected democratic gorvernment... seems sensible to us, but to them, and their upbringing, it is bettert o have strict rules and harsh punishments...

Ironically, because our military is trying to help in Afghanistan, most of the western civillians think we shouldn't be there, and are just wasting time and resources... but because the media is in places like Africa, they switch on to those problems and act like we shuld be doing something there instead...! It's very strange! I bet if we moved into Uganda like everone on facebook seems to think we should be doing, after a couple of weeks they would be moaning about that too! :S

We are fickle beings in the end. Jumping to the flavor of the month. We have good in our hearts, however unfortunately either people jump onto the hot topic without looking deeper in to it (Kony) and others never stick to it long enough to make a difference. You have my respect and thanks for helping them and keeping us safe.

EDIT: Looked at the profile you're from the UK! Well thanks for keeping us safe, that's from a Scottish lad.

gigastar:
And whenever someones religious teachings overrides thier sense of reason.

That one always throws me for a loop too. That's why I'm particularly fond of a quote by Galileo that goes "I do not feel inclined to believe that the same God that endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect intended us to forgo their use."

Also fans raging about tiny insignificant details, like say Sonic the Hedgehog's eyes for example. Surely there are more important things in the world to fuss over than whether a blue hedgehog is drawn with green irises in his eyes or not.

American Politicians. . .

So many facepalms . . .

Not that my country's any better, but still . . I don't see how these republicans are so popular.

canadamus_prime:

gigastar:
And whenever someones religious teachings overrides thier sense of reason.

That one always throws me for a loop too. That's why I'm particularly fond of a quote by Galileo that goes "I do not feel inclined to believe that the same God that endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect intended us to forgo their use."

Also fans raging about tiny insignificant details, like say Sonic the Hedgehog's eyes for example. Surely there are more important things in the world to fuss over than whether a blue hedgehog is drawn with green irises in his eyes or not.

Never quite understood why people were so fixated on small details with Sonic. I'd say it was before my time, but I do try to play games before the days of CoD that I at least understand the reasoning somewhat.

Elmoth:

So many facepalms . . .

Not that my country's any better, but still . . I don't see how these republicans are so popular.

Could be worse I suppose. On the other hand it should be better.

A thread on here about police brutality in which I was the first in a 5 page thread to point out that everyone had watched and commented on in detail a video of a man being shot to death.

I was the only guy on that thread who even mildly took issue with it. I know it sounds like I'm being all holier-than-thou, and I guess I am, but that thread was absolutely disgraceful.

SirBryghtside:
A thread on here about police brutality in which I was the first in a 5 page thread to point out that everyone had watched and commented on in detail a video of a man being shot to death.

I was the only guy on that thread who even mildly took issue with it. I know it sounds like I'm being all holier-than-thou, and I guess I am, but that thread was absolutely disgraceful.

Wait. There was a video of a man being shot to death and no-one seemed to care? Odd. Never heard this, sure they didn't think it was fake or something?

connall:

SirBryghtside:

Wait. There was a video of a man being shot to death and no-one seemed to care? Odd. Never heard this, sure they didn't think it was fake or something?

Nope. I'll see if I can find the thread, but they were discussing whether the police were in the right or not, with comments such as 'put it on full screen at 1:30! You can clearly see that the policeman unloaded more bullets than was necessary!' (to paraphrase).

Then again, I didn't watch the video for obvious reasons. So I could have made a massive mistake here. But from reading that thread... I really doubt it.

SirBryghtside:

connall:

SirBryghtside:

Nope. I'll see if I can find the thread, but they were discussing whether the police were in the right or not, with comments such as 'put it on full screen at 1:30! You can clearly see that the policeman unloaded more bullets than was necessary!' (to paraphrase).

Then again, I didn't watch the video for obvious reasons. So I could have made a massive mistake here. But from reading that thread... I really doubt it.

I guess that's the problem, with that but also with this threads reply. People do not read the OP or read the comments and make assumptions. Still would be interested in seeing this.

Hallvard Dovakiin:
That a dead crack addict that used to sing well gets more media coverage than the hunger crisis in africa, which kills 300 000 people EVERY DAY.

besides the commercials that show on almost every channel EVERY DAY?

Elmoth:

So many facepalms . . .

You mean all politicians... and bankers... and government drones

My latest 'why would they do that' was while reading yesterday's Cracked article about first-draft ideas which went unused in films. Why would they use this:

When they had this:

The second mask looks more organic which could have lead to a more organic looking Goblin. I loved the Spider-Man trilogy (yes, all three) but Goblin always seemed a bit off. There was no reason Osbourn couldn't do his Jekyll and Hyde thing to a mirror instead of to a mask/helmet on a chair. I think he did use a mirror actually but still, if this movie was made a few years later by Marvel we would have seen the second image instead of the first (who looks like something that would have been made by The Tinkerer).

Seemed relevant to your debate.

EDIT: Video isn't showing up so here's the direct link West Wing scene - Youtube

Actual:

Seemed relevant to your debate.

EDIT: Video isn't showing up so here's the direct link West Wing scene - Youtube

That was pretty much how it was for me, knowing my stuff and knocking him off his feet since he didn't know. Great clip by the way.

connall:
snip[/img]

The second mask looks more organic which could have lead to a more organic looking Goblin. I loved the Spider-Man trilogy (yes, all three) but Goblin always seemed a bit off. There was no reason Osbourn couldn't do his Jekyll and Hyde thing to a mirror instead of to a mask/helmet on a chair. I think he did use a mirror actually but still, if this movie was made a few years later by Marvel we would have seen the second image instead of the first (who looks like something that would have been made by The Tinkerer).

I think there is a much more important issue.

I am not a big Spiderman fan but I know that there are two versions. In one Spiderman shoots web from his body, organically, and another shows a machine he has on his wrists, that has small canisters that eventually deplete and need replacement.

However I think the "mechanical" Goblin is more badass, even though I prefer the "organic web" Spiderman. Those machineguns and rockets are so awesome.

Elmoth:

So many facepalms . . .

Because Republicans support some things that Democrats want to end.

It basically became a Conservatives vs Liberals. I hate them both, but I would prefer to vote Republican if I was American.

zehydra:

RazadaMk2:

zehydra:

I would like to mention that
"gave away half of their wealth poverty could be abolished within a year."
isn't true, simply due to rules about how economic value works.

But I think I get what you mean. You don't want to see poverty abolished, you want to see hunger abolished, no?

Speaking as a commie I would rather see the world economic system abolished. But hunger would be a good start.

well, you can't abolish value or worth, so wealth is gonna go somewhere.

But you can change societal values so people give different, less tangible, things value. Such as knowledge or emotional capacity. I believe the rich have a duty to help those less well off, like I believe every man has a duty to his fellow man. The original point I made was that if they worlds richest men were to invest half of their money in improving the lot of their fellow man they could pull millions if not hundreds of millions of people above the poverty line and into an acceptable standard of living.

We live in an unjust system. People make money from the misery of others. From the cunts who raised the prices of staple food crops to people working to build bigger bombs, people are making lives worse for many for the personal profit of the few. That is the nature of the capitalist system. Somewhere down the line someone has to be treated badly.

This is wrong.

So!
In summary!

You CAN change the nature of value and, as a result, abolish what some see to be valuable. You can redistribute the wealth of the world in a way that is fair to all. And even if you do not want to do that, with the worlds current resources it is criminal that we allow millions to die so that the rich can get richer.

Fake Paddys day and the Aggieville Bars.

What is Fake Paddys day you ask. It is a tradition that dates back over 20 years in the town I live in. The bars in the business distract, called Aggieville, near the university in the town I live in, convinced the city to create a holiday so they could sell beer as if it was St. Patricks day twice in a year....yes, you read that right...THE BARS IN TOWN CONVINCED THE CITY TO CREATE A HOLIDAY SO THEY COULD SELL MORE BEER!!! And now, the city has started cracking down on law breaking during the event, namely overcrowding. They passed an ordiance recently that would allow the police to issue citations and fines for overcrowding, a privilage only the fire department had before. Now the bars are complaining that it is discrimitory against them and will interfer with their business. Hey, Aggieville:

I would have read your story if you didn't suffer from wall-of-text syndrome.

RazadaMk2:

zehydra:

RazadaMk2:

Speaking as a commie I would rather see the world economic system abolished. But hunger would be a good start.

well, you can't abolish value or worth, so wealth is gonna go somewhere.

But you can change societal values so people give different, less tangible, things value. Such as knowledge or emotional capacity. I believe the rich have a duty to help those less well off, like I believe every man has a duty to his fellow man. The original point I made was that if they worlds richest men were to invest half of their money in improving the lot of their fellow man they could pull millions if not hundreds of millions of people above the poverty line and into an acceptable standard of living.

We live in an unjust system. People make money from the misery of others. From the cunts who raised the prices of staple food crops to people working to build bigger bombs, people are making lives worse for many for the personal profit of the few. That is the nature of the capitalist system. Somewhere down the line someone has to be treated badly.

This is wrong.

So!
In summary!

You CAN change the nature of value and, as a result, abolish what some see to be valuable. You can redistribute the wealth of the world in a way that is fair to all. And even if you do not want to do that, with the worlds current resources it is criminal that we allow millions to die so that the rich can get richer.

I agree with you on the most part, but I'm not aware of any "just system" which would amend the problem. That is, it might be good to prevent the rich from abusing the proletariat to gain more riches, but I don't see a solution to that problem which doesn't infringe on SOMEBODY. A switch to Communism would merely be going from one unjust system to another (but unjust for different reasons).

werewolfsfury:

Hallvard Dovakiin:
That a dead crack addict that used to sing well gets more media coverage than the hunger crisis in africa, which kills 300 000 people EVERY DAY.

besides the commercials that show on almost every channel EVERY DAY?

Touche.

That somewhere on this internet there is a video of a girl throwing puppies into a river....

Just...why?

The fact that most people will only see a movie based on whether or not the person in it is hot, instead of their acting abilities. Seriously, that shit pisses me off.

direkiller:

this is just the latest but this is just sicking

aww man you win the thread...lets all go and kill that bitch

When Rick Santorum bashes higher level education as evil snobbery.

Stay classy Rick.

OlasDAlmighty:
When Rick Santorum bashes higher level education as evil snobbery.

Stay classy Rick.

"Wise up, America-" stop learning.

I think pretty much an extension of my personal "why?" issue: Why do a lot of people in the Western world treat being intelligent as something wrong, especially in schools?

My friend works in a Toymaster and recently heard a couple discussing what they wanted to buy their little boy for their birthday. The father suggested Lego - a staple of every childhood - but the mother replied "No, I don't want our child to be a boff." (Boff = Show-off geek)

I...huh...wha-?

What kind of parent doesn't want an intelligent child?

I often wonder why the human race is built to argue instead of intelligently agree. 0_0

Oh, for the love of- The fucking captchas screwed up and now I've triple-posted!

A GOOD COMMON MISCONCEPTION IS THAT WE NEED THESE DAMN THINGS!

Also, there is no real reason Santorum is alive, right? Like no good reason to KEEP HIM that way? Just sayin'...

Toddler's and Tiara's seriously what the heck.
the Salem Witch Trials
Neo- Nazi's
anything involving the Westboro Baptist
Religious Zealots, the ones that shove religion down everyone's throat.
homophobes and Racist's, seriously when we get down too it were all the same.
Babies, the one's who bitch and moan over the tiniest things and demand other people baby him/her

The WBC church.
That is all.

Hallvard Dovakiin:
The WBC church.
That is all.

If anon did one thing right it was take the site down during the interview.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked