Inspiring/Memorable/Badass quotes.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers!
I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.

A day may come when the courage of Men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship - But it is not this day.

An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the Age of Man comes crashing down - But it is not this day!

This day we fight!

By all that you hold dear on this good earth I bid you stand, Men of the West!

Aragorn, Son of Arathorn

I can feel it... the turn of the earth. The ground beneath our feet is spinning at a thousand miles an hour. The entire planet is hurtling around the sun at sixty seven thousand miles an hour. And I can feel it. We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world. And, if we let go... That's who I am.
-The Doctor

Without a doubt, the most inspiring thing that I've been moved by.

"You may be a Master Seargant, and I a mere Private, but your face is still a bullet salad, while I stand victorious." - DoomyMcDoom

A quote in response to someone trying to be a badass in combat arms, after which I started targeting him specifically, I was using a silenced mac10 as my maing weapon on a sniper friendly map, sneaking up on him and just pulverizing his braincase with little bullets... hehehehe...

Was gonna do one for each, but the St. Crispin's Day Speech pretty well covers them all.
I'm gonna throw this one in for free for some extra badassery, a very good example of laconic wit:
When Philip of Macedon was looking to invade all of Greece, he sent the following message to Sparta: "If I enter Laconia, I will raze Sparta to the ground". The Spartans' only reply was, "If."

Call me Ishmael, bitch!-Gordon Freeman, Freeman's mind

Family. What a kick in the quad.-Matriarch Aethyta, ME2

Why not? Nothing to lose but my life... and I got that for free!-Setzer Gabbiani, FF6

Why do you build, knowing destruction is inevitable? Why do you yearn to live, knowing all things must die?

Life... Dreams... Hope... Where do they come from? And where do they go...? Such meaningless things... I'll destroy them all!-both from Kefka Palazzo, also FF6

EDIT: Oh, yeah, this too:

"MY FISTS, THEY ARE MADE OF STEEEL!!!" - I'm sure you know this one

"NEED TO KILL FAST AND BULLETS TOO SLOW" - The one and only John Freeman

"Napalm sticks to kids" - Skippy (this one is supposed to be inspirational)

Here are some of my favorites

"What none of you realize is that I'm not locked in here with you. [i]You[i] are locked in here with [i]me[i]." Rorschach from Watchmen (book or movie).

"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? Fuck you!" Hudson from Aliens.

"All right, I'm coming out. Any man I see out there, I'm gonna shoot him. Any sumbitch takes a shot at me, I'm not only gonna kill him, but I'm gonna kill his wife, all his friends, and burn his damn house down." William Munny from Unforgiven

That last dialogue between Church and Tex in the finale of season 9 of Red vs Blue was pretty damn sad. (not going to bother quoting the whole thing since it's pretty damn long)

Damon from The Vampire Diaries is very, very quotable. Something he came out with in this week's episode has stuck in my brain, though; "Own it, live it, love it. Stop being ashamed of who you are."

I like some George Patton myself:

"Have taken Trier with two divisions. What do you want me to do? Give it back?"

"We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."

"You can't run an army without profanity; and it has to be eloquent profanity. An army without profanity couldn't fight its way out of a piss-soaked paper bag. ... As for the types of comments I make, sometimes I just, By God, get carried away with my own eloquence."

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL!!!

God I love that xD

This is madness!

Madness? ...THIS IS SPARTA!!!!

''Neither a borrower nor a lender be,
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.''
-Hamlet, Act 1, Scene 3

"War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength."

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever."

Well I have a couple from Warhammer 40K codex's and stories I rather like:

"The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."

"What I cannot crush with words I will crush with the tanks of the Imperial Guard!"

Both are from Lord Commander Solar Macharius.

"Into the fires of battle, unto the anveil of war!"

Battle cry of the Salamander Space Marine Chapter.

"No Fear! No Pity! NO REMORSE!"

Battle cry of the Black Templar Space Marine Chapter.

"...why did the last verse say she?"

If you know what it's from... damn. That was one of the most touching moments in the game, for me.

"No....Fuck you."

They can't all be serious.

Everytime this thread comes up I post the same thing, because its just that bad ass. This is Karl Marx's response to his maid asking to record his last words as he lies on his death bed.

"Last words are for fools who haven't said enough."

Go to hell!

You first *Bang*-Tombstone

"my pain may be the cause of someones laughter, but my laughter may never be the cause for someones pain"
Charlie Chaplin
I live by this saying

"Always temper your strength with wisdom..."

Of course, there's the famous (and quite sadly possibly untrue) last words of Voltaire. On his deathbed, a man came from the church in an attempt to give him his last rights and to renounce satan, to which he supposedly replied "Now, now. This is not the time to make enemies".

Oh, and on a similar vein:

"Good girls goes to heaven. The rest of 'em can get as far as they please".

Well, something like that... Doesn't go through translation very well.

Verzin:
Jon Lajoie has had some amazing inspirational quotes. Here are some samples.

"It's not what your country can do for you but what your country can steal from other countries"

"Jon, be strong. Strength will help you break things."

"There is nothing to fear but fear of tigers"

"When life gives you lemons.... throw them at people who own expensive cars"

LaJoie is a paragon of wisdom.

OT: Too many to list myself, but here are some good ones (and the stories behind them):

http://www.cracked.com/article_16354_the-11-most-badass-last-words-ever-uttered.html

http://www.cracked.com/article_19620_the-9-most-badass-last-words-ever-uttered-part-2.html

"The fight isn't over until you win"
-Burrich, Royal Assassin

"Ven hyu bury him, make sure he gots a hat."

"We are made of star stuff."
-Carl Sagan

Who doesn't want to be Johnny Gat?

bauke67:
"I don't care wether it's God's own anti-son-of-a-bitch-machine, or a giant hoolahoop, we're not gonna let them have it. What we will let them have is a belly full of lead, and a pool of their own blood to drown in. Am I right marines?" "Sir! Yes, sir!" "Damn right I am."

-sgt Johnson, the most epic guy ever, at the beginning of the first halo.

I'll call that, and raise you this

"The message just repeats; regret, regret, regret" -cortana
"What do you think it means?" -Miranda Keys
"Dear humanity, we regret being alien bastards, we regret coming to earth, and we most certainly regret that the corps just blew up our raggedy-ass fleet!" -Sgt Johnson

"Ooh rah" -Pilots

"Now we are all sons of bitches." Kenneth Bainbridge after testing an atom bomb.

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god." Jean Rostand.

Demon Golem: "How can you expect to defeat pure evil?"
Slade: "Actually, I'm not such a nice guy myself"

And

*watching the Golem's burning head roll across the floor, "Don't get up, I'll let myself out."

And the best flavor texts of Magic the Gathering:

"It doesn't bleed, it doesn't think, it doesn't laugh or cry. All it does, from dusk till dawn, is make the soldiers die."

"She walks in the twilight, her steps make no sound, her feet leave no tracks on the dew covered ground. Her hand gently beckons, she whispers your name, but those who go with her are never the same."

"It's like an avalanche... with teeth... that will chase you... UPHILL..."

"To observe the predators of the jungle, two are required. One to watch from above, one to run like hell."

"If you find yourself and a friend being chased by a king cheetah, I suggest tripping your friend."

"Goblins don't know the meaning of the word quit... or most words actually."

"The last thing to do through the goblin's mind... was it's teeth."

"The only feeling greater than hurling something a mile, is crushing something else with it that was REALLY REALLY irritating you."

"The goblins think they caught a worm. The worm thinks it caught seven goblins."

"A trained mind can bring about the greatest destruction... that or goblins... goblins work too."

"Throw more goblins at the problem. At best it goes away. At worst there are fewer goblins."

And the best one:

"The willow understands what the storm does not... that the power to endure harm outlives the power to inflict it."

dalek sec:
Well I have a couple from Warhammer 40K codex's and stories I rather like:

"The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."

"What I cannot crush with words I will crush with the tanks of the Imperial Guard!"

Both are from Lord Commander Solar Macharius.

"Into the fires of battle, unto the anveil of war!"

Battle cry of the Salamander Space Marine Chapter.

"No Fear! No Pity! NO REMORSE!"

Battle cry of the Black Templar Space Marine Chapter.

My favorite from Warhammer 40K?

"Let your enemies fear... for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side..."

When I go home people'll ask me, "Hey Hoot, why do you do it man? What, you some kinda war junkie?" You know what I'll say? I won't say a goddamn word. Why? They won't understand. They won't understand why we do it. They won't understand that it's about the men next to you, and that's it. That's all it is. - Hoot

Nobody asks to be a hero, it just sometimes turns out that way. - Eversmann

Y'know what I think? Don't really matter what I think. Once that first bullet goes past your head, politics and all that shit just goes right out the window. - Hoot

Got lazy and just pulled some quotes from Black Hawk Down.

"The problem with the world today is that the intelligent people are full of doubt and the ignorant people are full of confidence" -I don't know who said this.

"The point of war is not to die for your country but to make the other sorry bastard die for his" -George S. Patton

"Nothing is true, Everything is permitted" -multiple Assassins

"You...big...stupid...jellyfish!" -Commander Shepard

"I am Nag. The great God Brahm put his mark upon all our people, when the first cobra spread his hood to keep the sun off Brahm as he slept. Look, and be afraid!"

"When the Himalayan peasant meets the he-bear in his pride,
He shouts to scare the monster, who will often turn aside.
But the she-bear thus accosted rends the peasant tooth and nail.
For the female of the species is more deadly than the male. "

"Let in the Jungle, Hathi!"

"And it is I, Raksha [The Demon], who answers. The man's cub is mine, Lungri--mine to me! He shall not be killed. He shall live to run with the Pack and to hunt with the Pack; and in the end, look you, hunter of little naked cubs--frog-eater--fish-killer--he shall hunt thee!"

-Rudyard Kipling

"So, you offer your life in exchange for theirs?"
"Of course not, I offer yours." -Kain

no one ever forgets where they bury the hatchet.

"Even if a man dies in a ditch, A man should die falling forward" Sakamoto Ryoma

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked