What's Your Opinion on Supermodels ??

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Onjenae:

TheVioletBandit:

Onjenae:

now i admit i dont get it either but its fun to watch and why do the men keep coming in here commenting on the models looks omg fasshion industry does not exist for the owmen to look for men

even if the girls were at a healthy weighy

some of the guys responding seem to think the world revolves around what heterosexual men find attractive as a woman im glad everything doesnt pander to straight men

its get tiring seeing the fan service giving to men everywhere in commercials,books,video games etc

It's interesting how you see men talking about the appearance of models as annoy when just the other day you where going on about nerds being "ugly as hell" and thought that was perfectly acceptable.

i never said nerds was ugly as hell i said nice guys were big difference. Also when it comes to nice guys and models is there are actually a groups of people who find models appealing on the other hand most women dont find nice guys appealing at least self proclaimed "nice guys" and my vagina sure doesnt find nice guys appealing lol a nice guys is like a limp dick he is utterly useless and i dont want it

i rather have this

Your personality is disgusting, and since you seem to pride yourself on being base and vulgar let me put it to you in words you'll understand. The only man that would ever want your vagina is the one that has yet to have heard you speak. It's funny that you said, "a nice guys is like a limp dick he is utterly useless" when your very personality makes dicks limp. By your own definition you breed uselessness.

The models don't matter they are simply decoration for the product the designer is presenting. In the case of the high fashion industry that could range anywhere from a unique pattern or combination of clothes to an overly foppish impractical concept piece. (Most things in high fashion are not meant to be worn in the same way that a lot of art is meant to be abstract.)

At the end of the day fashion models are the most over glorified picture frames available.

Onjenae:

TheVioletBandit:

Do you ever post anything that doesn't have an insulting sexist generalization in it? Also this is like the third or fourth post I have read of yours where you talk about the male escapist users jacking off to something. Why do you think you know what we jack off to or if we jack off at all? and why are you so obsession with us jacking off in the first place? You obviously hate men or at least "ugly nerds" as you call them, so can we just keep my dick and what I do, or don't do with it out of the conversation.

what was sexiest about my statement honestly i have read through threads on here and there are several male posters on here who prove my generalizations to be true so stfu. Obviously u jack off because you get no pussy duh lmaoo it does not take a genius to figure out you and the other bitter bitch made nice guys dont get laid very often especially with the attitudes yall towards women. :) im done talking with your lame ass bye

And that was the fifth time you've talked about me jacking off, are you sexually harassing me?

The thing about supermodels is that you got to consider what they look like before make-up and photoshop.

Sean Steele:
The models don't matter they are simply decoration for the product the designer is presenting. In the case of the high fashion industry that could range anywhere from a unique pattern or combination of clothes to an overly foppish impractical concept piece. (Most things in high fashion are not meant to be worn in the same way that a lot of art is meant to be abstract.)

At the end of the day fashion models are the most over glorified picture frames available.

Um. Those "picture frames" have feelings, and the capacity to generate thoughts.

I'm really loving how choosing to pursue modeling as a career = not being a human.

Models generally love what they do. The fashion industry is cut throat and can rip people to shreds. I actually give models a ton of credit for putting up with being tossed about, having their flaws pointed out to them daily, people thinking they're just walking clothes hangers, etc. I think models are really strong individuals.

museofdoom:

Sean Steele:

Um. Those "picture frames" have feelings, and the capacity to generate thoughts.

I'm really loving how choosing to pursue modeling as a career = not being a human.

Models generally love what they do. The fashion industry is cut throat and can rip people to shreds. I actually give models a ton of credit for putting up with being tossed about, having their flaws pointed out to them daily, people thinking they're just walking clothes hangers, etc. I think models are really strong individuals.

No offense meant but it dose still hold true, they are in their profession, decoration used by an artist to highlight their work. No different from the track lighting around the Mona Lisa. Honestly I don't really understand the concept of finding the people behind the art compelling. I don't care about them as individuals in the same way that I don't care about any famous person's private life, it is irrelevant to what they do occupationally. Fashion again, is about the work of designers models are just a pretty way of displaying that work.

Sean Steele:

museofdoom:

Sean Steele:

No offense meant but it dose still hold true, they are in their profession, decoration used by an artist to highlight their work. No different from the track lighting around the Mona Lisa. Honestly I don't really understand the concept of finding the people behind the art compelling. I don't care about them as individuals in the same way that I don't care about any famous person's private life, it is irrelevant to what they do occupationally. Fashion again, is about the work of designers models are just a pretty way of displaying that work.

Even if you don't find the model interesting as a person, you shouldn't be dehumanizing them by talking about them like they're objects. It's just really not a nice thing to do. Yes, models display a designer's work, but they are not picture frames, or display pieces, they are humans and should be treated as such.

I think all supermodels are pond scum and should die in a fire.

Neverhoodian:
I believe Edna Mode from The Incredibles put it best:

"'Supermodels,' hah! Nothing 'super' about them! Spoiled, stupid little stick figures with poofy lips that only think about themselves."

When I see the emaciated figures of most supermodels nowadays, my first thought isn't "she's hot." Instead it's "get that girl a cheeseburger, pronto!"

Also this.
Captcha: fancy pants. No comment.

A recent study has shown that roughly half of all people perceive (super)models not as living human beings, but rather things - highly articulated mannequins, if you will. It's not a sex or sexist thing, either; the 50-50 split was evident for both genders among study participants.

As for my personal opinion, it can be expressed in a few simple words:
Ahem... *addresses (stereotypical) models everywhere*
EAT A DAMN SANDWICH! YOU LOOK LIKE DEATH ON TWO LEGS!

Scrustle:
This is the last subject I would have expected to see on this site, but hey I've got a few things to say about it.

I have no interest in the fashion industry so I don't know about it's history, but from what I see of models now I can find a lot to dislike. They are far too tall and far too skinny. Just not attractive, or even realistic. They just look like giant walking skeleton freaks. And they get far too much respect for what they do. All they do is pose and walk a few feet occasionally. Their existence is for nothing other than to be something to place another person's work on. They should not be respected or idolised for that.

Very true and eloquently put:)

Kotch:

Scrustle:
This is the last subject I would have expected to see on this site, but hey I've got a few things to say about it.

I have no interest in the fashion industry so I don't know about it's history, but from what I see of models now I can find a lot to dislike. They are far too tall and far too skinny. Just not attractive, or even realistic. They just look like giant walking skeleton freaks. And they get far too much respect for what they do. All they do is pose and walk a few feet occasionally. Their existence is for nothing other than to be something to place another person's work on. They should not be respected or idolised for that.

Very true and eloquently put:)

Um um um. Just because you don't find them attractive personally doesn't give you the right to dismiss them as ugly. They are not giant walking skeleton freaks, and that is a horrible thing to say about ANYONE. There are tall thin people that aren't models you know. I bet if you met a tall thin person who wasn't a model you'd be okay with them, but if they're a model everyone is like OMG EW NO. Why do people in this thread seem to think that a model isn't a human with feelings or thoughts?? Or that being a model automatically makes them an awful person who lacks intelligence or a personality?

"Their existence is for nothing than to be something to place an other person's work on". Oh wow. Excuse you? Cause you know, obviously models don't have lives outside modeling. They don't have friends, or family. They don't have hobbies, they don't do anything with their lives at all. They're actually generated in labs.

All sarcasm aside, ARE YOU JOKING?

I see lots of girls that I find prettier than super models.

Because being a supermodel isn't even about how pretty you are; its an ambiance that everyone around you magically buys into.

I want to harness that power and focus it into death rays.

Neverhoodian:
I believe Edna Mode from The Incredibles put it best:

"'Supermodels,' hah! Nothing 'super' about them! Spoiled, stupid little stick figures with poofy lips that only think about themselves."

When I see the emaciated figures of most supermodels nowadays, my first thought isn't "she's hot." Instead it's "get that girl a cheeseburger, pronto!"

i like that well said

Onjenae:

i never said nerds was ugly as hell i said nice guys were big difference. Also when it comes to nice guys and models is there are actually a groups of people who find models appealing on the other hand most women dont find nice guys appealing at least self proclaimed "nice guys" and my vagina sure doesnt find nice guys appealing lol a nice guys is like a limp dick he is utterly useless and i dont want it

i rather have this

You would rather have an armpit?

Psykoma:
They're glorified mannequins, I don't really consider them anything more.

basically this. They are useless in my opinion.

Supermodels are more or less irrelevant to my life. I don't find them attractive, they wouldn't find me attractive, and they do nothing that interests me even a little.

the reason i have a dim view if them is because they're unrealistic and fake. i mean, i H-A-T-E fakery, and with all the crazy stuff they insist on wearing, it's a big turn down for me.

Onjenae:

Erana:
That's.... Nice? What are we supposed to discuss?

i want to know what do you think about supermodels ? are they hot? annoying? do you think they play into sexist stereotypes on how a women should look etc

Asks for people's opinions; spends rest of the thread attacking people for their opinions.

Stay classy, OP.

fluffybunny937:
The thing about supermodels is that you got to consider what they look like before make-up and photoshop.
-snip-

I love that photogenic guy is in there too. XD

OT: I could care less either way. I don't pay attention to fashion magazines and I don't really take notice of the advertisements or events frequented by supermodels, so.. If it makes them happy, that's cool. They can do what they want. c:

A lot of models are just "more people" to me, but a couple of 'em here and there are just...holy damn...
I'll use Alessandra Ambrosio as my default example.
That woman is just hotter than hell.
I'm well aware of how she looks without makeup.
1st column, 4th row:

fluffybunny937:

A lot of models look genuinely weird without their makeup and stuff, but a few of them are genuinely attractive, and some of them almost supernaturally so, like Ms. Ambrosio there.
She looked just as good pregnant (albeit pregnant), and then immediately went back to looking like she did before she had a kid. The worst looking I've ever seen her would still qualify her as attractive. Visually she has barely aged in the last decade. It's kinda insane.

But then the same can be said about the girl I live with (sans baby stuff). She has barely aged since we were 16. She can eat junk food all day long every day, never work out, and never be anything other than size 0. She can not shower for days and then roll out of bed in the morning and still be way more attractive than 99% of women (and I don't just mean in an "attractive to me because I know her" sort of way).

So that's what I think. Models are anything from just some "other people" to "people really lucky in the beauty department", and they get paid for it.
*shrug*

I don't see any reason to complain about them or regard them as some sort of unattainable goal.
They're working with what they were born with, same as Stephen Hawking and Yao Ming, and same as everyone else should.
You can't force yourself to be a smart as Stephen Hawking or as tall as Yao Ming. Yea, women can put themselves through hell trying to approximate a supermodel, but unless they just happen to look that way it's not really gonna work.

Just be who and what you are and min/max the hell out of it.

Whilst the obvious answer to avoid is "they're all plastic dumbasses", I assume that being a supermodel requires some amount of arrogance and very rarely do smart girls want to be supermodels, probably because of the stereotype.

I'm not really a fan personally.

Supermodels generally seem to have rather emotionless faces which I don't really find attractive.

They just seem rather lifeless.

I prefer it when a woman's smile reaches her entire face. These just look so passive.

I find them sub-human. Suffering for the art I get, suffering to look like a malnourished, expressionless lumbering cloths display is... it's just sad.

Generic.

I've been way over exposed to the typical super model look through a lifetime of advertisements, t.v and movies. I find 'real life' woman to be more interesting and often more beautiful.

My perceptions are widely influenced by the persons personality though.

They are a waste of space on this planet, You could train a retarded gorilla to walk down a stage in high heels wearing a ridiculous dress that costs more than an apartment.Just put some mannequins on a wheel and bam, there you have it.not ALL super models are bad, I'm just talking about the really common ones.
In all seriousness though, fuck super models.Catapult them into the sun.They are a waste of resources and money.

King of Asgaard:

White-Death:
In all seriousness though, fuck super models.Catapult them into the sun.They are a waste of resources and money.

That's real nice. Except you seem to be forgetting that supermodels are still humans too. You know, with families and emotions and whatnot.
And while they don't do anything useful, you do not state that you wish fiery deaths upon another person, no matter what their career may be.
Even if you're joking that's an incredibly horrible and offensive thing to say.

Lonely Packager:

King of Asgaard:

White-Death:

That's real nice. Except you seem to be forgetting that supermodels are still humans too. You know, with families and emotions and whatnot.
And while they don't do anything useful, you do not state that you wish fiery deaths upon another person, no matter what their career may be.

I know its a horrible offensive thing to say, but thats my opinion, sadly, in your case.I did state there are some decent supermodels, but they are a very small minority.Nevertheless,I honestly don't give a damn about other people's feelings, sorry if that offends you, but thats the kind of person I am.Oh, and the fire them into the sun part was not serious, I just think we should just stop using super models in general, instead why not use holograms, or mannequins on wheels?

Casual Shinji:
They're just using what God gave 'm.

I know it's looked down upon to use your beauty to make a carreer, but if I had the looks I'd do the same thing.

Anyway, I don't really feel either way about them. There are some nice looking ones though, like Doutzen Kroes.

The fashion industry itself I kind of loath though.

Technically they're using what various plastic surgeons, Photoshop, And enough make up to drown an elephant Gives them.

Totally agree with you. We have the fashion industry as a formal method of making Young impreshionable teenagers feel bad about themselves.

Lonely Packager:

King of Asgaard:

White-Death:

You seem to have forgotten that not everyone shares your moral ideals.
In my humble opinion, if a person does not contribute to society in any meaningful way, they don't deserve the right to live in said society.
Supermodels are just people who get by using their looks and nothing else and rake in millions of dollars a year.
Regarding your comment about their families, I just have one thing to say to that: So?
Offensive or not, that's my opinion and you have no right to judge it.

White-Death:

Lonely Packager:

King of Asgaard:

White-Death:

I know its a horrible offensive thing to say, but thats my opinion, sadly, in your case.I did state there are some decent supermodels, but they are a very small minority.Nevertheless,I honestly don't give a damn about other people's feelings, sorry if that offends you, but thats the kind of person I am.Oh, and the fire them into the sun part was not serious, I just think we should just stop using super models in general, instead why not use holograms, or mannequins on wheels?

This, a thousand times.
Thank you, good sir/madam for sticking to your guns.

White-Death:

Lonely Packager:

King of Asgaard:

White-Death:

I respect your opinion on supermodels, but saying that someone should be fired into the sun is a ridiculous thing to say - even as a joke. That's called taking it 'too far'. That's all.

King of Asgaard:

Lonely Packager:

King of Asgaard:

White-Death:

You seem to have forgotten that not everyone shares your moral ideals.
In my humble opinion, if a person does not contribute to society in any meaningful way, they don't deserve the right to live in said society.
Supermodels are just people who get by using their looks and nothing else and rake in millions of dollars a year.
Regarding your comment about their families, I just have one thing to say to that: So?
Offensive or not, that's my opinion and you have no right to judge it.

Good God. If that's honestly your opinion on how humans should be treated - that you feel they shouldn't be allowed to LIVE because they are not useful (never mind the fact that they have feelings and yes, families that LOVE them) then I don't want anything to do with you.
And no, just because it's your opinion doesn't mean you have some anti-judgement barrier surrounding it.

It would seem op is using this forum as some form of social experiment or at least some form of research for a fashion paper, at least looking through his/her past post a topics, how dull this person has already been suspended.

Generally if your conducting research you tend to not show bias and value peoples opinions, yet consitantly thoughout your posts and topics you devalued the opinions of others because they conflict with your own.

Either way im sure which ever article/paper/research this is for will be poorley written and worded as your use of the english language appears to be sorely lacking as does your opinion of the people who use these forums.

If you are going to pose a question on a gaming forum where a very similar collective of people gather, don't then go on a crusade to defend your passion when you don't get the responses you seek.

Well said also upon reflection this guy is either doing the above as i mentioned or trolling. Either way i find the situation dull now he/she has been suspended shame i came late to the party ^^

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked