Guys, what do you think about make-up?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

BluebellForest:
Makeup's a pain and I really don't like wearing it that much, unfortunately I have a blushing condition which makes most of my face turn tomato red at the drop of a hat, so I don't really have much choice.

lol I know you probably don't think so but that sounds kind of cute lol

I don't care for make-up on a woman. I prefer the natural look, imperfections and all. The same would be true for guys who use make-up as well though I can never tell with them.

I understand that some woman seem to wear make-up and dress up both to look good for other woman. It's easy for them to look appealing to other guys, but they don't want to look like a 'slob' in the presence of other females (strangers or otherwise).

Who knows though, that might only be true among the woman I've met.

zehydra:
lol I know you probably don't think so but that sounds kind of cute lol

I'd like to say that it looks cute but it makes a huge contrast with my pale skin and isn't at all attractive, especially as it spreads to most of my face and makes me look like Rudolph :|

"Ugh...I hate how girls cake themselves in make-up, it's so artifical! Why do girls do that?"

"OH MY GOD IT'S A GIRL I DON'T WANT TO MASTURBATE TO HAHA LOOK AT THAT WORTHLESS HUMAN BEING."

If I pick up on it instantly, it's too much and means the person applying it has no talent in that area.

I've actually work makeup myself once, to cover up a scab for a headshot photo. I was very surprised at how they were able to completely conceal it and not make it apparent that they'd done so. Talent there.

Seventh Actuality:
"Ugh...I hate how girls cake themselves in make-up, it's so artifical! Why do girls do that?"

"OH MY GOD IT'S A GIRL I DON'T WANT TO MASTURBATE TO HAHA LOOK AT THAT WORTHLESS HUMAN BEING."

Dude, that's an exaggeration.

Clive Howlitzer:
If I can see your make up, you are wearing too much. That is about all I have to say about that.

Very much this.

The keyword is moderation, I like looking at women, I don't like looking at clowns...

I find it really gross and it seems like a waste of time to me when you could be doing other stuff. Like more Skyrim.

I really don't care if women wear make up or not, I just wish I could wear some war paint.

Makeup doesn't bother me that much, I guess a little can be good.
I like perfume more, but again it doesn't really bother me whether it's there or not. It's nice if it's there, but I don't notice if it isn't.

It's funny. A lot of guys will say they like the natural look, when they really like neutral make up. Not a lot of women go out with none on.

I for one cant afford make up at the moment (its a rip off), and can't wear it either cause of my super sensitive skin. I like make up but I don't really bother, this is why:

Me (wearing make up): Do I look nice?
Boyfriend: You always look nice.
Me: Yeah but I'm making an effort to look nice.

I love him, but I could strangle him sometimes. I don't always look nice, the flithy liar. <3

It makes me look pretty, but far to many people put to much on. That stuff ain't good for your skin when you're wearing a mountain on your face.

If it's used to enhance what is already there then I quite like girls with make-up. My only problem is the girls who use make-up like builders use poly filler, its just not a good look.

Okay in moderation.
Like vodka, and g-force.
Too little and there's not much difference, too much and you spend the night in the toilet dry-heaving.

I wish I was a girl so I could wear makeup. You get to paint your own face! EVERY DAY. Everyday you can say "I think I'll make my eyes a litle bit purple! That will be fun!" Instead of makeup being something society makes women do to be considered attractive (which is no doubt a large part of it) it should be a way for women to express themselves in a way unique to them. I think that is a large part of it as well. Every woman has their own specific way of wearing makeup. They get to decide how much to wear. what colours, wear to put it etc. It can be a good way of being creative and making themselves known as an individual. Makeup has bad points, sure, but it can also be really really good. Plus makeup is like, totally hot.

Phasmal:
It's funny. A lot of guys will say they like the natural look, when they really like neutral make up. Not a lot of women go out with none on.

I for one cant afford make up at the moment (its a rip off), and can't wear it either cause of my super sensitive skin. I like make up but I don't really bother, this is why:

I love him, but I could strangle him sometimes. I don't always look nice, the flithy liar. <3

If the guy loves you back you really shouldn't expect him to be objective about these things.

To his mushy infatuated brain pumped full of natural endorphins and who knows what else you possibly do always look nice.

It's sounding like the poor sod would even let you strangle him...

I think that as long as it is still pretty, I have no problem with make up. It's a case by case basis, but if you're looking a bit like an oompa loompa, or a chunk of painted porcelain, you should probably try again.

I prefer a natural or, minimalist look in ladies. Clowns scare me after all. Of course that is kind of a falsehood since I really liked Goth make-up (pale skin, eye shadow, black lipstick/nail polish, etc) and still do. Too much of anything is still bad of course.

Speaking as a guy, I went through my Goth phase around the same time I was in theater. That being said, I could rock some eye-liner. I did the nail polish too but nothing other than those two. I kind of had to stop doing that because of work...although now that I work nights, far away from customers...no, bad thoughts.

overpuce:

arnoldthebird:
Like everything...it must be used in moderation. The pretty one's that I know only wear lip gloss...some none at all.

And I am amazed at the number of relation threads that are popping up, we have had a lot of discussion about women lately. I like it

I think it's because it's Spring time in the Northern Hemisphere. Most people are looking forward to their summer flings or starting of a new relationship. At least that was me when I was single.

In the Southern Hemisphere, Winter's a comin'. That crap thing to do is be stuck in your home during the cold Winter months by yourself.

OT:

Also forgot to mention that there's a distinct difference between touching bare skin and skin with makeup on it. I prefer bare.

wait its spring in the northen hemisphere now
Now i wonder why eons beta hasn't started yet?
OT:
not too much that I can notice is good

A lot of times the 'natural' look is put together using quite a bit of makeup. Most people don't wake up looking fabulous. No need to cake it on though. A little goes a long way.

"ahem"

STOOOOOOOP WEEEAAAAAARRRRIIIIIINNNGGGG MAAAAAAKKKEEEE-UUPPPPPPPPPP PLEEEEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE!

Sincerely,
A guy sick of a all the drama and bullshit surrounding make-up, it's application, the time it takes, whether or not certain shades work, bitching about people who wear too much, bitching about people who wear too little, people who get labelled massive slags, people who are labelled lesbians, both because of make-up.

Seriously, stop it, all of you. Most of the time it contributes negatively to how you look anyway.

I personally don't wear makeup unless forced to (e.g. for a wedding). Even then, I can only manage mascara and eyeshadow. I touch my face a lot, so makeup takes a real force of will to wear without rubbing it all off in the first thirty seconds!

I think a little to highlight the face looks nice on special occasions etc.

I think anyone who can't leave the house without wearing it has problems.

Eyeshadow applied light brings them out nice.

I've never been the type to demand my girlfriend doll herself up, but when she does it usually means "Wheeeeeeeeeeee, I can be pretty!" for our nights out. I do my part and shave my giantass Bunyans down, though she's told me she prefers my face either way. I feel that same way with her and cosmetics. It's just for appearances.

I think it's cool when you facepaint yourself to look like spiderman... but I get the feeling that's not what everyone's talking about.

Phasmal:

Yeah, I get this with my boyfriend too (but swapping makeup for clothes). I found an amazing dress for the office christmas party last year. My mum knows the drill, and practically started crying at how beautiful she said I looked. This is the best my boyfriend could manage:

Me: What do you think?
Him: It's nice.
Me: Do I look sexy?
Him: You always look sexy.
Me: I mean, especially sexy.
Him: You always look especially sexy.

Men are filthy liars. But I suspect they do it because they think it's what we want to hear.

Bertylicious:
I like makeup on a woman. It's feminine.

This. But too much is unattractive. Don't know if ladies care about my opinion on the matter but there it is of you want it.

Day to day, I never wear make-up...well there are some exceptions but that's just usually when I'm wear something special and just feel good about my appearance.

But yeah, day to day I usually don't wear make-up. Only whenever I'm dressing formally do I usually wear make-up, my graduation, a funeral, something form of event.

EDIT: Also my make-up usually takes five minutes as long as I don't fuck up badly. That's lipstick, mascara, and eye shadow. Even if I'm doing concealer it'll only take me at most another 3 minutes. I honestly do not understand women that can take half an hour to put on make-up.

It all depends on how much someone wears. If it's just a little bit and it's relatively understated, then I'm on board with it. But it's when you get those orange-faced tarts working the make-up counters in supermarkets that look like they applied the shit with a fucking paint-roller that it starts getting stupid for me. I'd honestly slap them if I thought they'd be able to feel it, but that shit acts like a make-shift shield.

On a side-note though: Eye-liner on guys? HOT! Just thought I'd throw that out there.

As a gay man, I don't look at women that way and so I don't really care about their make up.

However, I will say that I don't like it when men wear make-up. Eyeliner, foundation, eyelashes etc. No, just no. I don't enjoy that.

My opinion is that I look freaking awesome in it.
As for girls; I'll admit I am a sucker for eye makeup.

It's fine in moderation, the only thing I really dislike is lip-stick.

Ugh...

Bout all I have to say, really.

A little bit is fine, but I dislike concealers. I prefer something that enhances the features of the face.

Or maybe its just because I went to film school and crappy make up jobs piss me off.

I'll put my view simply: Its their choice not mine as too how much make up looks good, however:

I wouldn't know if any of my friends wear make-up, its only when they bitch about each other and who wears too much and who wears none at all that I actually notice, and even then I fail to see the difference that it makes.

Personally none - very little or until I can notice it, TBQH I prefer people who have the odd blemish here and there, it makes them seem more human and less Intimidating Social Alpha Female Person..

Same applies to guys, I don't even know if there is any make-up for guys..

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked