Which of these pizza places is your favourite?
Pizza Hut
33.5% (175)
33.5% (175)
Pizza Pizza
2.1% (11)
2.1% (11)
Pizza 73
0.4% (2)
0.4% (2)
Little Caesars
8.4% (44)
8.4% (44)
Boston Pizza
3.6% (19)
3.6% (19)
Papa John's
18.5% (97)
18.5% (97)
Panago
0.8% (4)
0.8% (4)
Domino's Pizza (Obligatory joke option)
31.7% (166)
31.7% (166)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Of these pizza chains which one is your favourite?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

These are all chains, obviously. Personally my two favourite pizza places are actually local, but of the chains, I'd say my favourite is Pizza Hut, followed by Little Caesars.

Also, for bonus points, which do you think is the worst?

Little Caesar's is my favorite of the chain places, but honestly, they're all terrible -- except for Gumby's, which is this franchise that only exists in college towns. Seriously, if you live near a Gumby's, try it out. It's mediocre (but still better than chain) local quality pizza at chain place prices, but technically part of a chain. They're like the 5 Guy's burgers of pizza, except cheaper and less common.

When I'm not near my university, I prefer local places; some of them suck, but even a sucky local place tends to be better than chain places.

Edit: And when I say cheap, I mean $5 for a large cheese pizza. Gumby's rules.

Shame there is no sarpino's; seriously if you have one near you, you are doing a disservice to yourself by not ordering from there.
But from the list I guess pizza hut just because they have stuffed crust. (Though I have to say fresh only, is it just me or the pizza hut's cheezy look like plastic after a day in the fridge?)

I haven't eaten at most of them, and Papa's was catered to one of my schools occasionally, so they skimped and they weren't all that great. My choice is Pizza Hut, you say they suck, but some people don't have good restaurants to go to for pizza.

Well, I take that back, there was a little local place call Mazzio's that was good, haven't eaten there in ages, might have to do that next time I'm in town.

Domino's Pizza (Obligatory joke option).....thanks, thanks a lot.

My favorite pizza chain is Dominos pizza, I lurv that stuff like it was candy.

My others are Pizza Nova and Mama's Pizza. Pizza hut is my least favorite pizza. It just happens to be the most popular.

Seriously, is this just a US/UK difference thing? I'm in the UK and Dominos pizza is lovely.

I go to an Aussie only chain called Eagle Boys, they are pretty good but they often oversauce their Pizzas making them awful runny.

Lately I've started going to a little local place called Fusion Pizza, its got some pretty wacky ideas but they are great and delivery is free if you are a regular.

Loop Stricken:
Seriously, is this just a US/UK difference thing? I'm in the UK and Dominos pizza is lovely.

Just a quick question. Have you ever had an authentic NY-style pizza? Like, from around the are. Because there is no comparison. It's important for understanding your frame of reference. There's no shame in being pizza ignorant.

Domino's wings are serviceable, so I vote for them for that. I live in New Jersey, I can think of 4 local pizzerias in my town alone. My preference is for "Vinnie's Pizzerama".

The options are clearly Canadian influenced. I've never even heard of most of these, and I've been around a lot of the U.S. Seriously, who would buy "Boston Pizza". Boston isn't particularly known for pizza...

Dags90:

Loop Stricken:

Just a quick question. Have you ever had an authentic NY-style pizza? Like, from around the are. Because there is no comparison. It's important for understanding your frame of reference. There's no shame in being pizza ignorant.

Domino's wings are serviceable, so I vote for them for that. I live in New Jersey, I can think of 4 local pizzerias in my town alone. My preference is for "Vinnie's Pizzerama".

I constantly thank God that I've never been to New York, no.

That said:

Saladfork:
These are all chains, obviously.

My own pizza. Seriously, the best pizza is the one you make yourself. It's so easy to do.
Mine: No meat (I don't like meat on pizza for some reason), lots of veggies. Ridonculous amounts of sauce (either a homemade sauce or a really good one from the store).

...yeah, I like to cook. So what?

Pizza 73 actually does some pretty good quality pizzas, Pizza Hut is trash. Boston Pizza does good pizzas as well, but I wouldn't vote for it because the product doesn't justify the price.

Loop Stricken:

Well your pizza ignorance is excused then. And what's so bad about New York? I mean yeah some parts of it smell like trash and/or pee, and the subway is kind of gross, but it's New York.

Hey, we aren't all Canadian here, you know. I'm in central California - 1000 mi/1600 km is a long drive for pizza...

Which means my favorite big pizza chain, Round Table, isn't even on the list. So of the options given, I'd have to go with Pizza Hut (Little Caesar's if I'm feeling cheap).

IrishAdams:
Domino's Pizza (Obligatory joke option).....thanks, thanks a lot.

My favorite pizza chain is Dominos pizza, I lurv that stuff like it was candy.

I have actually been spreading the word that Dominos is a lot better now. A few years ago I would agree with the "obligatory joke option" thing, but Dominos is really good now. I actually rank it just below Papa John's now (which I voted as my favorite).

I did pizza 73 because I live in australia and we only have vominoes and pizza hit and I dislike both of them.

Out of those options, the only ones I have access to are Pizza Hut and Domino's. Of the two, Domino's is better. Shame there's no "Other" option, because Pizza Castle tops the lot, at least IMO.

Only have Pizza Hut, Papa John's, Little Caesars and Dominos. Of the 4, Little Caesars is so greasy it's disgusting, Papa John's has tough crust that's barely chewable and uses little sauce, and Pizza Hut...no, just...no. So I voted Dominoes, because the Dominos where I live is rather tasty.

Dags90:

Loop Stricken:

Well your pizza ignorance is excused then. And what's so bad about New York? I mean yeah some parts of it smell like trash and/or pee, and the subway is kind of gross, but it's New York.

Well there's the incredibly high cost of living, the municipal income tax, a populace that acts like theirs is the "greatest city in the world" rather that a dying relic of a bygone era that's decades past its prime, $10 for a pack of cigarettes, the phrase "Mayor Bloomberg", I could go on and on...

Pizza Hutt, I'm actually having some tonight. However I prefer 3 other local pizza joints near my area. One of them makes a slice so fucking big and full of meat you get full off of one slice.

Grygor:

Dags90:

Loop Stricken:

Well there's the incredibly high cost of living, the municipal income tax, a populace that acts like theirs is the "greatest city in the world" rather that a dying relic of a bygone era that's decades past its prime, $10 for a pack of cigarettes, the phrase "Mayor Bloomberg", I could go on and on...

You just about made my day, and it's only quarter of 3 in the morning.

Of those Panago's probably my favourite, I'd definitely order from them more often if they weren't so damned expensive compared to some of the smaller (and arguably better) local places.

I rarely if ever actually eat the pizza at Boston Pizza, not that it's bad mind you, but it's definitely not the sort of place that pops to mind when I hear 'great pizza'.

Saladfork:
These are all chains, obviously. Personally my two favourite pizza places are actually local, but of the chains, I'd say my favourite is Pizza Hut, followed by Little Caesars.

Also, for bonus points, which do you think is the worst?

I think Pizza Hut is for no other reason than you putting Dominos as the "joke option". For shame, for shame. :p

Those chains are all from some strange, far off country.
I like Peppes Pizza.

Where's Hell Pizza?

Seriously their pizzas are massive, have lots of decent quality toppings and have fun promos like Pizza Roulette, where they put the hottest chilli's known to man on ONE slice of pizza and don't tell you which one it is...

Domino's ain't no joke here in the UK (well my part) they're pretty damn good.

I vote Domino's for delivery and Pizza Hut for eating pizza out.

I'd rather pay extra for theirs than a random take-away.

I would like an option for other. I have only ever eaten at pizza hut from those choices and there's no way I am picking that option. Peppes Pizza for me any day.

I prefer take-and-bake places. Biggest chain I know of along those lines is Papa Murphy's. As for the options listed, I haven't had food from any of the above for years... the most recent would be Domino's, and that was in Iraq.

Papa John's is the only right answer... but locally we have a lot better Pizza places...<.<

Roma's being my favorite...

No love for Papa Murphy's? Out of all the chains they're my favorite. Their pizza isn't too greasy, the crust isn't too thin, or too thick, they use fresh ingredients, and they pile on the toppings. And to me the best part is it's take and bake. You don't have to rush home and slam it down your gullet, you can put it in the fridge, and when you're ready to heat you just cook it for 16 minutes in the oven and you're good to go.

Out of the choices, I'd go with Papa John's, I like their crust since it's not swimming in grease, and they use quality toppings. Little Caesers is ok if you're looking for a cheap pizza that resembles pizza. Pizza Hut is the bane upon pizza. If you can pick up a piece of pizza and run it across a napkin, and then you can see clear through the napkin, it's bad pizza. The crust is like cardboard, the sauce is like ketchup, they barely grate the cheese, if you can call it that, and if you order vegetables on it, it's quite apparent they just threw onions and bell peppers at a chainsaw. I would take Domino's over Pizza Hut any day of the week.

Domino's, with it not being a Joke option, becuase out of Pizza Hut, Pizza Haven and Domino's they're easily the best. I would have said Eagle Boys, but that wasn't on the poll.

I've got to say I'm much more of a fan of the Pizza Express / Prezzo / independent Italian restaurant doing pizza properly style of pizza.

Pizza Hut is pretty abominable. Dominos is alright to phone for when you're drunk, but I'd probably prefer to order some Chow Mein in that situation.

In my area, we have Papa John's, Pizza Hut, and Domino's.

Domino's is cardboard, or was in the past. Haven't tried them recently.

Papa John's is decent, and since they're the cheapest, they are the most available.

Pizza Hut is probably the best tasting of the 3 to me, but the extra cost isn't worth it. Also, depending on which one you go to, you may get a super-greasy pizza. The one down the street from here is good about not making them like that, but I don't trust just any random Pizza Hut.

Of course, none of those hold a candle to actual "sit down and order a REAL pizza" restaurants. Real pizza beats fast-food pizza any day of the week.

DustyDrB:
My own pizza. Seriously, the best pizza is the one you make yourself.

Hear, hear. It's hard to match a proper stone oven, but other than that homemade pizza is often superior. I like to go classic with a Margherita, or maybe add some nice salami, like chorizo or fuet, with garlic and chilli.

Well I stopped having Pizza Hut ages ago so I suppose my answer is Dominoes. Aside from their trashy 'upgrade' to the Margarita pizza and using 'free-range' chicken, tastes like the chicken in my fucking ramen, I still like their pizza. I suppose I should really say Hell Pizza but I can't go there often due to price.

I want to try a real, authentic pizza >.>.

I don't know if it changes depending on where you are, but Pizza hut is really good where I live. As in, I've eaten at several different local places (In several different states in the US) and besides a newer chain called The Rock Pizza hut makes my favorite pizza. Its not just me ether, most of the people in my family agree with me.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked