Tomorrow I'm gonna do something stupid and pointless with little chance of success.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Dont know why but this scene came to mind.

Whether you get the girl or not, I admire that you had the gumption to give it a shot. That's more than could be said of most folks.

But for what its worth, I hope you do get her.

Good luck Stranger

I shall toast you with my heartiest wine!

Good luck buddy, I hope it works out for you. Don't feel ashamed if it doesn't work out, it is better that you at least sought out love then have missed your chance and regret that you didn't have the courage to at least try. People have done stupider things than what you plan to do on a whim, attraction to a woman isn't too bad as far as that list goes.

If you really feel it's that stupid and pointless you probably shouldn't bother.

Celebrate with beer and pokemon? I really hope this professor says no....for her own sake. I mean jeez man.....

Actually without knowing her I know she will say no. I hope she says she has a boyfriend, lol.

I'm not going to play devil's advocate because I actually am the Devil. I speak for myself, and the suffering of humans is hilarious to me.

humanity's harbinger,
Mephistopheles.

So, basically, you're gonna go all Jacob Taylor on your professor. Good luck, I suppose.

What's the point of this thread again?

Mortai Gravesend:
If you really feel it's that stupid and pointless you probably shouldn't bother.

Here we have a fine specimen of the less-than elusive pessimist in it's natural habitat, the Internet. Everything is pointless until tested. The simple dropping of an apple lead to the foundation of the theory of gravity, for all we know this simple gesture could lead to super nympho sex!

tobi the good boy:

Mortai Gravesend:

Here we have a fine specimen of the less-than elusive pessimist in it's natural habitat, the Internet. Everything is pointless until tested. The simple dropping of an apple lead to the foundation of the theory of gravity, for all we know this simple gesture could lead to super nympho sex!

Not really. Just saying, if he's going to characterize it like that best not to get involved with her.

tobi the good boy:

Can I take a moment to say I love you? I just watched that clip and an episode of that Anime and I thought it was so amazing. Thank you for introducing me to a good Anime, I'll be sinking my time into this one.

Rawne1980:
Tell her she must go for it....

We, here at the Escapist, must hear of sordid deeds....

Remember though, if she says no, alcohol makes everything better.

Indeed. You can always get her drunk. That should get her going.

All lulz aside; your title is thoroughly convincing. Good luck with that!

Mortai Gravesend:

tobi the good boy:

Mortai Gravesend:

Not really. Just saying, if he's going to characterize it like that best not to get involved with her.

Depends, our most hedonistic activities are pointless and stupid. Still fun to do them XD.

Mortai Gravesend:

tobi the good boy:

Mortai Gravesend:

The OP asked people to wish him luck, not for people to tell him what is best. I'm sure he's well aware of the consequences/problems/chances involved with something like this, and I'm sure that he's chosen what is best in his eyes.

That's really all that matters. He's not doing anything illegal or wrong, he's simply doing something he feels he has to.

Good luck dude, hope it goes well, tell us how it goes!

Daystar Clarion:

Rawne1980:
Tell her she must go for it....

We, here at the Escapist, must hear of sordid deeds....

Remember though, if she says no, alcohol makes everything better.

Fiz_The_Toaster:
Go for it man!

I thought I remembered a tale similar to this, and I was wondering what came of it, now I know!

If she says no, there's always liquor to forget you even tried!

To alcohol!

The cause of, and solution, to all of life's problems :D

Depending on the proof, it's flammable as well! If you can't drink the problem to death, you can always burn it!

Carpe diem noctem vincere!

That_Sneaky_Camper:

tobi the good boy:

Can I take a moment to say I love you? I just watched that clip and an episode of that Anime and I thought it was so amazing. Thank you for introducing me to a good Anime, I'll be sinking my time into this one.

Of course you can declare your love for me, I think everyone should. But that's a whole different can of worms. Baccano is amazing and I'm more than happy to spread it to the world! XD

tobi the good boy:

That_Sneaky_Camper:

tobi the good boy:

Of course you can declare your love for me, I think everyone should. But that's a whole different can of worms. Baccano is amazing and I'm more than happy to spread it to the world! XD

I've just watched this clip as well and it's reminded me that i really ought to watch this anime too. The question for me now is, do i watch it now or save it for later as a reward for completing my exams?

You had me at stupid and pointless. In all honesty. Forwards Unto Glory Brother! Even if you don't get her, you'll be known as the guy who had the biggest balls there.

Strain42:
I'll be sure to let you all know how it went as soon as I can :D Thanks for all the positive support.

If it goes well, I will celebrate with beer and Pokemon.

It it doesn't...I'll get over it with beer and Pokemon.

I can't lose!

That is an incredibly immature and unhealthy way to deal with rejection.

Bear and ShinMegamiTensei is a much more healthy and well-adjusted alternative!

Spitfire:
So, basically, you're gonna go all Jacob Taylor on your professor.

I really donīt see how becoming black and incredibly boring would help in this situation.

Strain42:
Wish me luck!

...For those of you who want some more details here about what you're wishing me luck for. I'm about to ask out a professor at my school.

My final semester as a student here is about to end, and I can't let myself leave the school forever without taking this shot.

Chances are she'll say No (and I'm not saying this as any sort of confidence issue just...I mean in the given scenario, it makes sense lol)

But I'm gonna go for it. Carpe Diem and all the jazz!

Well shit son, good luck.

Remember to take a condom just in case you get crazy lucky.

You can do it man! Like others have said, wait until after finals so you're done-done with that whole being a student thing. Good luck!

go for it.
you will always regret not trying more than having tried and failed(if you fail)
just make sure to have somebody lined up who will drink with you later

Well, this gonna be interesting.

Godspeed, son. Bringg ood news or don't bother comming ba- .. Oh who am I kiddding, come back and tell us what happened anyway.

You got balls, bro. Good luck.

You have to let everyone know how it goes and I wish you the best of luck, you'll be the envy of all your freinds if she says yes :-)

mrF00bar:

An a tiny umbrella, in case a meteorite decides to fall on him for no reason.

Abedeus:

mrF00bar:

An a tiny umbrella, in case a meteorite decides to fall on him for no reason.

Tiny meteorites are no joke.

OT: Good luck my son. May you be more lucky than I ever was!

"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived."
― Anomander Rake, Son of Darkness

Good luck man, it seems we are all rooting for you!

You can be the guy who did the teacher ;) Sexy or what..

Go for it.

There's been a few times in my life where I have tried something, failed, but still remember the event fondly. It's moments like that which make life worth living.

Worst thing that can happen is she'll say no.

TheAmazingHobo:

Strain42:
I'll be sure to let you all know how it went as soon as I can :D Thanks for all the positive support.

If it goes well, I will celebrate with beer and Pokemon.

It it doesn't...I'll get over it with beer and Pokemon.

I can't lose!

That is an incredibly immature and unhealthy way to deal with rejection.

Bear and ShinMegamiTensei is a much more healthy and well-adjusted alternative!

Spitfire:
So, basically, you're gonna go all Jacob Taylor on your professor.

I really donīt see how becoming black and incredibly boring would help in this situation.

Well, I don't know whether the OP is black or not, but he has a similar "conundrum"..

Good luck and god speed brave youth.

How did it go, how did it go?!

How is this stupid? The worst that can happen is they say no.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked