If you were to die today...

Pages PREV 1 2 3

I wouldn't want to die today, because I haven't yet finished Uni (two more exams in college and I'm in...hopefully), gotten married, had a kid or my own house. It's also my 19th birthday in a week, and I want to know how Nolan's Batman trilogy ends.

Accomplishments? Sure, I have some of those. And I have left my mark in people's lives (even if a lot of those people I'm not friends with any more), but I want to live to a modest age. My 60s, at least.

I guess my friends would miss me. I have not really accomplished anything. I've managed to get into university and besides that nothing. Dying now would suck.

I think I've accomplished a good number of things but not enough to make me happy with the life I've led up to this point. I need more time!

I'd be really happy for finally ending my life, at this point I'm really jaded and tired. Guess that makes you sum up what I think of my life.

I'd have my gaming accomplishments. Not much else. I don't do anything else. Like ever.

Probably go through a FFWD scan of fear to philosophical acceptance. There would be disappointment in being unable to realize a selection of specific goals and not being able to see aspects of the future I'm looking forward to, but on the other hand, I doubt I'll be fussed about those issues once I'm on the slab.

I am not satisfied with the impact I would leave. But it certainly could be worse. But my friends will remember me well.

I'd be distraught and regretful.

Off the bat, I'd be a mix of tragically sappy because I've never fallen in love. Then bemoaning the fact that I died a virgin. Because I really wanna know what sex is like, dammit!

Can't say I left too much of an impact. My immediate family would mourn naturally but that's rather expected.

I've yet to accomplish anything I wanted to do so all in all, my life would be a slight disappointment.

I'm 17, what the hell kind of legcay could I have had?

I don't take myself very seriously, rarely worry about things, and have few regrets. I'm still very young, but I think if I died today I would die happy, even though I have so many years of awesomeness ahead of me.

I'd be fine with it.

I've lived my life....90% or so according to what I want when I want. How can I regret that?

I wouldnt leave any legacy at all, if we dont count the good memories I've created for friends and loved ones. Those will fade in time, as will everything. Fuck legacies.

Captcha: Good as gold. Indeed I am.

I don't think i would actually mind all that much
not everyone can be remembered otherwise it wouldn't be something special
I would be content if I at least died happy and not in pain
oh and someone got my steam account and large book collection
i wouldn't want all that time and money to be wasted

Shawn MacDonald:

TheVioletBandit:

Strazdas:

Youll spend the rest 60 doing the same.

Damn Debby downer, kman123 could have plenty of adventures in the next 60 years.

Step 1- Go to school and finish it.

Step 2- Get a job that pays really well.

Step 3- Have kids

Step 4- Grow old and die.

All the stuff in the middle is just a distraction from those four goals. There is no Debby downer, your just to young to realize it yet that life is not this kickass thrill ride you think it is.

Well Debby, I'm old enough to know why you think this, but I make my life interesting. Firstly, I deviated from the four step program, as it's not mandatory. No one is obligated to have kids, and go for the boring, soul killing, but decently paying job. You also don't have to go though any higher education if you don't want to. I did go to college, and I am going to graduate school now, but It's been an adventure. I have learned a lot, and done a lot of cool things I couldn't have done otherwise. A couple of years ago I got really sick and thought I was going to die. Now that I am better I'm not going to waste what little time I have on this earth, bitching about how life's not what I want it to be. If your bored your boring, you really have no one to blame but yourself. You can do what ever you want. Sure everyday of your life isn't going to be a kick ass thrill ride; life has it's ups and downs. A lot of my life has been tough, some parts tragic even, but I'm an artist, and I have so much mischief in the works that brings me such amusement, and there are so many things that I want to do. You may call these things "distractions", but how are they any less significant than your four steps? Life is life, all of it is equally meaningful as even the smallest parts shape our story. Your fatalistic attitude shapes your perception, but you can adopt whatever attitude you like, so maybe try a different one.

I actually did die today. I saved some chick from a hitman, saved her sister and dog, and traveled all over the city to get to the men who ordered my assassination, which I then realized I had to go all over other places, save other people's lives, free a prisoner, and discover I died many years ago by a magical meteorite, only to go through more to stop him, foil the bad guys plans, and go back into the past to stop myself from dying, saving everyone involved.

(Fuck yeah to whoever gets the kinda poorly put together reference XD)

Easy! i would Steal an ice-cream truck and eat all the ice cream.
Mmmmm.. Iiicee-Creeam.

TheVioletBandit:

Shawn MacDonald:

TheVioletBandit:

Damn Debby downer, kman123 could have plenty of adventures in the next 60 years.

Step 3- Have kids

All the stuff in the middle is just a distraction from those four goals. There is no Debby downer, your just to young to realize it yet that life is not this kickass thrill ride you think it is.

Well Debby, I'm old enough to know why you think this, but I make my life interesting. Firstly, I deviated from the four step program, as it's not mandatory. No one is obligated to have kids, and go for the boring, soul killing, but decently paying job. You also don't have to go though any higher education if you don't want to. I did go to college, and I am going to graduate school now, but It's been an adventure. I have learned a lot, and done a lot of cool things I couldn't have done otherwise. A couple of years ago I got really sick and thought I was going to die. Now that I am better I'm not going to waste what little time I have on this earth, bitching about how life's not what I want it to be. If your bored your boring, you really have no one to blame but yourself. You can do what ever you want. Sure everyday of your life isn't going to be a kick ass thrill ride; life has it's ups and downs. A lot of my life has been tough, some parts tragic even, but I'm an artist, and I have so much mischief in the works that brings me such amusement, and there are so many things that I want to do. You may call these things "distractions", but how are they any less significant than your four steps? Life is life, all of it is equally meaningful as even the smallest parts shape our story. Your fatalistic attitude shapes your perception, but you can adopt whatever attitude you like, so maybe try a different one.

Even if you step off the path, your still on it. So what if you don't have kids, your still going to grow old and die. So what if you don't finish school, your still going to have to get a job to survive. You can try to be a unique snowflake all you want, your still like the rest of us. Don't try to act like my attitiude is something you have never rolled with before. Your little distractions are still just leading up to these four goals. Everybody does stuff that is unique to themselves, but we all come crawling back to the grind. If you think it doesn't apply to you, your either a fool, or your young.

Meh . Will i be remembered? NO . Do i want to be remembered . No . But i can't die yet . If i die before my mother , she wins . I have too much pride to let my mother win . I live to prove my mother wrong . And once she's gone , i'll be free .

I'd tell my ex I still love her. Feels bad man...

As far as my career and my "life" goes I'm not too fulfilled honestly, but I never really cared about any of that until recently.

I know what I want to do now but I'm over that whole "I need to make my mark on the world and leave behind my legacy" stuff. The only thing about my passing that I think about is how my friends and family will remember me.

Shawn MacDonald:

TheVioletBandit:

Shawn MacDonald:

Step 3- Have kids

Even if you step off the path, your still on it. So what if you don't have kids, your still going to grow old and die. So what if you don't finish school, your still going to have to get a job to survive. You can try to be a unique snowflake all you want, your still like the rest of us. Don't try to act like my attitiude is something you have never rolled with before. Your little distractions are still just leading up to these four goals. Everybody does stuff that is unique to themselves, but we all come crawling back to the grind. If you think it doesn't apply to you, your either a fool, or your young.

I think I'm going to let the recently departed MCA start off this post for me.

MCA: "Pass me the scalpel, I'll make an incision
I'll cut out the part of your brain that does the bitching
Put it in formaldehyde and put it on the shelf
And you can show it to your friends and say that's my old self"

You can subjugate yourself to this overly negative way of thinking if you like, but what's the point? Were does this fatalism get you? Do you think your smarter for it, because I would disagree. People have lived lives filled with adventure and intrigue. You've just given up on being one of those people. Since you didn't actually address any of the points I made in my last post I'll make this short. I'm 29 years old so according to you I must be a fool. Nevertheless, I would rather be a "fool" than believe I am doomed from the beginning, destined to pointless monotony. Maybe your old and life hasn't turned out the way you would have liked, well I ask you, are you dead yet? Because If not you can still do something awesome, you just need to get off this pity-pot, wipe your ass, and put your big boy pants on. You can drop this doomsayer shit, or start listening to emo music and crying yourself to sleep at night.

TheVioletBandit:

Shawn MacDonald:

TheVioletBandit:

You can subjugate yourself to this overly negative way of thinking if you like, but what's the point? Were does this fatalism get you? Do you think your smarter for it, because I would disagree. People have lived lives filled with adventure and intrigue. You've just given up on being one of those people. Since you didn't actually address any of the points I made in my last post I'll make this short. I'm 29 years old so according to you I must be a fool. Nevertheless, I would rather be a "fool" than believe I am doomed from the beginning, destined to pointless monotony. Maybe your old and life hasn't turned out the way you would have liked, well I ask you, are you dead yet? Because If not you can still do something awesome, you just need to get off this pity-pot, wipe your ass, and put your big boy pants on. You can drop this doomsayer shit, or start listening to emo music and crying yourself to sleep at night.

Did I ever say I was depressed, no I didn't. Did I tell you that my life turned out a certain way, no I didn't. Stop putting words in my mouth and listen better. All I said is that nobody can escape it, nobody is having a pity party, just one person talking to another who has dirt in his ears.

Well, I saw the Avengers again today.

Life well lived.

Shawn MacDonald:

TheVioletBandit:

Shawn MacDonald:

Did I ever say I was depressed, no I didn't. Did I tell you that my life turned out a certain way, no I didn't. Stop putting words in my mouth and listen better. All I said is that nobody can escape it, nobody is having a pity party, just one person talking to another who has dirt in his ears.

I'm only working with what you've given me Debby, which is nothing more than some "the dark truth of life" bullshit that a million goth teenagers have written in their diaries via black lipstick.

edit

TheVioletBandit:

Shawn MacDonald:

TheVioletBandit:

I'm only working with what you've given me Debby, which is nothing more than some "the dark truth of life" bullshit that a million goth teenagers have written in their diaries via black lipstick.

Don't assume I am one of them. Stop calling me Debby, unless you would like for me to call you doushbag from now on. It's rude and makes your point come off as childish. Being depressed is a natural human emotion, everybody on the planet does it. It's only cool when your depressed right, the rest of us are emo. It's pointless talking to you because your missing the big picture, oh well.

Shawn MacDonald:

TheVioletBandit:

Shawn MacDonald:

Don't assume I am one of them. Stop calling me Debby, unless you would like for me to call you doushbag from now on. It's rude and makes your point come off as childish. Being depressed is a natural human emotion, everybody on the planet does it. It's only cool when your depressed right, the rest of us are emo. It's pointless talking to you because your missing the big picture, oh well.

Okay, I won't call you Debby if it bothers you, But I thought you said you were not depressed, or at least you implied that you were not. Also, I never said that being depressed wasn't a natural human emotion, now who's putting words into who's mouth? My only point was that your fatalistic outlook on life was rubbish. Also, if you are depressed this sort of mentality isn't helping you. Sometimes life deals us a bad hand, I have been dealt a few. But then I think about people like Steven Hawking. The man lives in what most people would consider hell, but what does he do? He writes a bunch of amazing books, and makes something of his life. Of course were not all going to be geniuses, but that doesn't stop us from trying, and the trying is what matters(that's were the adventure is). I know that probably sounds cheesy, but it's true.

if i where told i was going to die in twelve hours, i would tell my family for moral support and saying goodby, i would say goodby to all my mates and tell the girl i love of my feelings for her

I'd be glad, because then wouldn't have to do the exam next week for which I haven't revised

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked