Biggest Disappointments in life

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Living outside of high school. Very hyped. sucks ass. hurray! life sucks.
then you get ebola zair. 80-90% mortality rate. start bleeding from every orifice and if you're really lucky your intestines might break off and make their way out of your body before you die.
Ebola is without a doubt the most horrifying natural disease I've ever studied.

or life sucks and you just die through less cool ways.

Money.

It should be fun, and it is until you're counting the pennies when you move out and need to run a car, eat, pay bills and everything else ;_;

That cat girls don't exist in real life.... what!?

Combine Rustler:
That life is shit and then you die.
Classic.

You need to prepare for that inevitable, respawn in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

In whichever life your in (Where I a 70's arcade game with 3 lives to a quarter, I'm in about 22,011.) make it count.

As for disappointments, already listed the greatest. Another big one: I only got to 3rd base with my first "partner."

The whole "getting a job based on your colleage/ university degree once you had left colleage/ university" and then the recession happen.

Cranky:
The state of human affairs makes me very sad guy. And the fact that I cannot get a proper gaming PC until in a very long time. I can't even run Skyrim on low without lagging with low fps. Self-pity, self-pity.

Ha! I can't run Morrowind without weird graphics artifacts and horrible lag. A computer than can run Skyrim at all sounds god-like to me.

OT: I dunno, some things in life are bad, some are good, generally they are about how you expect. I can't really think of seriously major *disappointments* at the moment, so I'll just go with the ending to Mass Effect 3. I got the game late and heard a lot of the hate so I was expecting something awful, but nothing could prepare me for an ending so bad that it was worse than no ending at all. It must have took some serious skill to craft an ending as horrendous as that was.

As someone said earlier, life in general pretty much. You get "educated", suffer through childhood, get a job, suffer some more, pay your bills and eat, grow old and die. What's the point? Where's the good stuff? And if it's all bad, why is euthanasia illegal in most countries?

nikki191:
algerbra.. my high school math teachers lied to me i still havent used it and im 39

My algera teacher didn't tell me that lie. Instead, she said your probably never gonna use it but you learn it to flex the brain, going on about how Abe lincoln (U.S. President if your not stateside) in his Lawer days caried around an algebra book, even into court, and read it to get stimulated before a trial.

My Disapointment in life? Seeing how impaitient people can be from nothing more than mere annoyances. I'll never understand how someone can get so road raged in a situation where nothing illegal or life threatening is happening and you don't have any important business to take care of but going slow just pisses you off. Or how a person only has to see a single word, say PONY, and it throws them in a loop. And I'm talking about when it's not even directed at the impatient person, they just see other people talking about it among themselves and decide it's stepping on their feet.

Grow some patients you weak people.

the darknees abyss:

Vault101:
they told me highschool was this amazing bestest experience in my life...

they lied

i know perants and other people say it will be bestest experience ever and ill miss it when i leave

but it isn't and i won't miss it i hate school

Yeah, I never understood that logic. Highschool was meh, at best. I've been out almost a decade now and I have never wished I was back. Life after College is really good too.

My life so far? Too general? Ok then, my own inability to commit to anything? Seriously, one thing if life sucks, not being able to give enough of a damn to do something about it is even worse.

But whatever. Sooner or later I'll just go "fuck this" and do something. I mean, last time I did I had like, 2 months of at least some level of enjoyment. Not that I do that often, I think I've only ever done it twice or thrice. Hopefully I'll do it again soon, what with finishing (or rather, failing) school soon and all. Isn't life wonderful? ^^ (I actually meant that last part, believe it or not.)

That I'm still not a dragon.
BEND THY KNEE TO ME REALITY! WHY DO YOU REJECT ME SO?!!

*ahem* (I'm bored out of my mind studying for my physics final; don't mind the absurd outbursts too much)

In all seriousness, sex.
It's fun, awkward and adventurous the first few times.
But really, it's quite overrated and grossly overemphasized in modern culture.

Thinking I was being invited over to finally get laid but having it turn out that she just wanted to be friends. Oh well. I could always use more friends I suppose.

Genuinely questioning the point of life the other day and whether it was worth the effort I was putting into it. Coming to the conclusion that it wasn't.

/emo

Less dreary disappointments include not pursuing my dream of acting professionally and wasting so long in a retail job that sucked me in then crushed my soul over four and a half very long years.

I hope to rectify all this by getting some decent A-Levels then going to Uni abroad.

Vault101:

they lied

The teenage years in general were shit after all the build-up and, anticipation. I would never want to go back to the teenage years. Also college. I hated it but I hated school in general.

Fucking Popsicles. I put you on the motherfuckig table for a single minute and you turn into a pile of liquid shit that tastes like Mcdonalds juce. GTFO
/rant off.

Andaxay:
Genuinely questioning the point of life the other day and whether it was worth the effort I was putting into it. Coming to the conclusion that it wasn't.

/emo

Less dreary disappointments include not pursuing my dream of acting professionally and wasting so long in a retail job that sucked me in then crushed my soul over four and a half very long years.

I hope to rectify all this by getting some decent A-Levels then going to Uni abroad.

Hang on, are you me? Did I finally manage to get this time machine working and go back in time to become someone else? Because this all sounds horrifically familiar.

OT: Biggest Disappointments? Alcohol? Nah, I'm going to go with my body. my weak, pasty, flabby pathetic body. Moreso because only a few years ago it wasn't.

being left behind for a special trip to the museum. only a few kids were asked to go and when I arrived at the pick up I was left behind...
tying for second place is when my mom said she was going to take me to a pokemon event in Dallas.I had reminded her every day that week and when it had shown up she slept till 4 and the next day insisted I had said it was in Houston. She recently did the same thing with a black and white event.

Zack Alklazaris:
My wife loved high school, but she talked to people, got into her own niche.
I hated it, mostly because I didn't.

I would say my degree. While its impressive and does raise me above someone without one, it alone doesn't do much to help me get a job. I need experience... but I need a job to get experience... but I need experience to get a job.

This world sucks.

I hear you, dude. I'm in the same boat (the degree and no job deal). Thankfully, I did get experience from my college part-time and hopefully I can get work doing that, at least until something more relevant to my degree come around.

Hope you find work soon.

In terms of most disappointing event in my life, I was denied the ability to compete for cross country because of some worthless prior engagement by my parents. Oddly enough, my parents bend over backwards to make sure my younger siblings attend all their sport practices and tournaments. I know the reason why they do this though, but I still can't forget that event.

This... this thread is full of depression. Where is Daystar when you actually need him?

CrimsonBlaze:

Zack Alklazaris:
My wife loved high school, but she talked to people, got into her own niche.
I hated it, mostly because I didn't.

I would say my degree. While its impressive and does raise me above someone without one, it alone doesn't do much to help me get a job. I need experience... but I need a job to get experience... but I need experience to get a job.

This world sucks.

I hear you, dude. I'm in the same boat (the degree and no job deal). Thankfully, I did get experience from my college part-time and hopefully I can get work doing that, at least until something more relevant to my degree come around.

Hope you find work soon.

In terms of most disappointing event in my life, I was denied the ability to compete for cross country because of some worthless prior engagement by my parents. Oddly enough, my parents bend over backwards to make sure my younger siblings attend all their sport practices and tournaments. I know the reason why they do this though, but I still can't forget that event.

Oh I found work, just not exactly in the field I want. I have a 65,000 dollar Film BA degree and enough freelance work to fill 2 pages of 10 font. However, I work at a broadcasting station that only pays me half of what I should be making based on my occupation.

Just sucks... still I guess I'm doing better than some. That sucks about your cross country. Parents should support all your ambitions fully and not adhere to prior engagements because of convenience.

Hmmm.

Generic Relationship Stuff. (You know, the usual "Girl cheated on meh" etc)
Less than generic relationship stuff. (You know, the unusual stuff, like finding out your partner is a pathological liar. And then finding out that the girl you are with after her is schizophrenic. Quickly followed by dating someone with Dissasociative Identity Disorder. That was a fun 2 years)
BEING POOR. As in, living in a slum. Its not all dancing and street urchins. It is being cold, very, very cold. And hungry.
Cocaine. Seriously, Disappointment.

Finally, perhaps the biggest one these days.

The NHS. Biggest disappointment ever. My father is stuck in a desert and working a job that, by all rights, he should quit. But if he does he loses his medical insurance. And the NHS cannot afford the meds he needs so upon his return he would be bounced off into palliative care.

But I do love the NHS. Well, I love what it could be.

EDIT:

HOLY CRAP!

EMO EMO EMO EMO EMO EMO EMO!

Seriously guys and gals. Could be worse. It gets better. By the by, its worth it. Chill out, get drunk, sort things out. If I can go from drug addled fuckwit, living in a slum with a theif to someone about to head off to Lancaster to major in sociology, with politics and media and cultural studies as minors, well, you can pull yourself through this stuff!

If you are under 20: Have a wank and go to sleep. Things will get better in a few years.
If you are OVER 20: Shit happens bro/sister. Get drunk, have a wank, go to sleep. Things will get better. Eventually.

Life gets better.

Oh, and if you feel the need to quote me and go on about how I am an asshole, predictable or something else, perhaps with a reference to Oprah? Cry moar.

Find something you enjoy doing. Then use that thing as a bribe to make you do the things you DONT enjoy doing. Today I cleaned the bottom floor of this house. Took 4 hours. My reward? About 6 hours of Fallout (Got a new mod working, allows you to play both FO3 and FO:NV at the same time. Its AWESOME). Yesterday I had a shower, shave and wrote half an essay. My reward? About 4 hours of Rise of Legends. Eventually you will learn to enjoy the things you don't enjoy doing now and your life will get better.

And to say it again, If you feel my statements are somehow an insult to your personal situation, well, don't bother telling me.

Smoking pot.

Years of buildup in every form of media, government campaigns to discourage it, friends with ongoing use telling me how incredibly awesome it was, and finally my own personal decision to 'just not try it' thrown aside for curiosity's sake, and what do I get?

Five minutes of hysterical laughter at a flipped over piece of pizza.

I expected more after you know...multi-billion dollar government brainwashing campaigns and multi-billion dollar multi-national smuggling operations and countless hundreds of thousands of arrests and a massive prison population as a result of this illegal substance.

Really...that's IT?

Biggest dissapointment in life? Not developing goddammn superpowers!

I could honestly take whatever life threw at me if I just had soem awesome super powers to make things easier.

malestrithe:
That Say Anything lied to me.

I stood outside my Ex's house playing our song for hours and all it got me was a restraining order and a trespassing charge.

What song did you play? Narcissus probably wouldn't go over well =P

nikki191:
algerbra.. my high school math teachers lied to me i still havent used it and im 39

Well, you're right, I don't think anyone ever has used algerbra, but algebra on the other had, people, like engineers, use all the time.

I'd have to say the general abundance of ignorance around where I spend a majority of my time. This being college. I live in the dorms and I am constantly shocked at the quality of person that attends. In a bad way.

So much negativity in this thread, it's fucking awful how miserable some of you sound.

When I check to see if a new episode of How I Met Your Mother has been aired and put online and it hasn't. Damn that's a disappointing morning.

People told me high school was "better" than middle school...hahahahaha! Then I was told college is great. Bahahahahahahaha! Life blows, that's the disappointment.

Captcha: Chuck Norris

I feel like captcha is trying to tell me something here...

Mass Effect 3's ending. Second most disappointing would be adulthood. So very overrated.

Nicarus:

the darknees abyss:

Vault101:

they lied

i know perants and other people say it will be bestest experience ever and ill miss it when i leave

but it isn't and i won't miss it i hate school

People say the same stuff about college. Sure, the first couple of years were fun, but the rest was just awful. I swear I was being yelled at by multiple people for doing everything right.

I was not into high school myself but now I miss it a little bit, mostly because it gave my friends and I an excuse to hang out everyday within the context of going to school. Seriously, I was just at my school senior year, I didn't really do anything and somehow passed with good grades, while getting attention from everyone who I wanted it from.

College has been a disappointment but my school is as much of a joke as Greendale college from the show Community, only without all the humor. Maybe when I'm (if I'm) at university it'll get better. However the biggest disappointment in life has got to be the people, so many of them are just so fucking rude, boring, evil, etc. I'm really disappointed in the people.

University. Though it's probably my own damn fault for choosing something i never liked in the first place.

Yeah, uni too for me. Because right in the half year between doing the aceptance test and actually starting my interests shifted faaaar away from the technical side. Now I have wasted a year on a study I knew I wouldn't finish practically before starting that I could have invested in the one I really like.

yeti585:

malestrithe:
That Say Anything lied to me.

I stood outside my Ex's house playing our song for hours and all it got me was a restraining order and a trespassing charge.

What song did you play? Narcissus probably wouldn't go over well =P

Hungry Eyes.

My inability to find love. Seriously. Been single and looking for 6 years. I give up.

The realisation that the vast majority of human beings are either intentionally or unintentionally bad people.
Myself included.

FFHAuthor:
Smoking pot.

Years of buildup in every form of media, government campaigns to discourage it, friends with ongoing use telling me how incredibly awesome it was, and finally my own personal decision to 'just not try it' thrown aside for curiosity's sake, and what do I get?

Five minutes of hysterical laughter at a flipped over piece of pizza.

I expected more after you know...multi-billion dollar government brainwashing campaigns and multi-billion dollar multi-national smuggling operations and countless hundreds of thousands of arrests and a massive prison population as a result of this illegal substance.

Really...that's IT?

I'm going to have to go with this.

I thought at first that it just wasn't "working" for me, then I learned that that's all there is, folks.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked