The Dapper Gentlemen's League of Top Hatted Villainy. Now Recruiting!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Carbonyl:

Mournful Crow:

Carbonyl:

There is really no way to explain.... how far back do you want to go? How far down the rabbit whole?

Until I go past where it's too far down... Hit me.

Ok, so, The Brovengers, the team I'm on, was Brossembled in response to the formation of the Injustice League. Not sure why they did, but they started it.
The Brovengers stand for forum fun, randomness, and light-hearted (non-malicious) thread-derailing.
The Injustice League is... apparently against all we stand for but they never made it very clear, they just didn't like us.
Now these... mustachioed gentlemen have arrived as a seeming wild-card.

Three useful threads:
Brovengers: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/362.375125-Brovengers-brossemble#14552599
Injustice League: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/362.375133-The-Injustice-League#14553011
And now this thread, the latest in the ongoing story.
A very long, random, story.

.... Well then... Looks like quite a... Debacle Y'all have there...

Carbonyl:

GeneralBigG:

Daystar Clarion:

Your avatar is fitting then :D

long version: Another 'group of villainy posing as heroes' have decided to try and cut their teeth against the might of the Brovengers.

Short Version: Bitches be losing.

At n0 p0int sir, have we claimeds t0 be her0es. In fact, quite the 0pp0site.

Witty Name Here:
Who are we, what are we? Look at the door, now back at the computer, now back at the door, now back at the computer. Now click on the spoiler box!

Did you wait until I told you to click on the spoiler box? If you did, then goooooood, if not, then I ask that you kindly leave the room now sir.

Have you ever wondered why the Captchas seemed to have gained sentience?

Have you pondered why it seems every country on the planet has a pretentious Latin Motto?

Did it seem... Strange? When all mentions of Half-Life 3 just "disappeared"?

The Knights Templar, Freemasons, Illuminati, those were mere sects, branches that people have hunted down in a sort of superstitious fear of the unknown... All the while they have missed the terrible truth!

'Twas us all along! From the dawn of time, we have lived in the shadows! We are the Dapper Gentlemen's League of Top Hatted Villainy!

We are the well groomed, well mannered, well mustachioed men who shall defeat the Brovengers AND the Injustice League! We shall conquer Escapistia!

Now you may have a few questions, FEAR NOT! For I shall answer them all!

And who can forget our league's beloved founder?

Truly an influence to us all!

So don't delay! Join the League today!

Captcha: Writing Desk

HAHA! THE SENTIENCE PROGRAM WORKS! IT KNOWS WHAT I'M WRITING ON!

We ARE The Dapper Gentlemen's League 0f T0p Hatted VILLAINY and 0ur strength kn0ws n0 b0unds!!! This is merely 0ur ann0uncement 0f arrival and is just the beginning!

Carbonyl:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........ hold on... AHAHAHAHAHA..... Ok, ok, so....The norghown-36-gamma axis? Really? That stuff is easy as pie, at least for us owls. Do you understand the significance of 7-purple? Most people only get to 6-green, most owls only to 7-blue, have you even studied to numero-color structure at all?

Also, I still have all your o's.

I am well versed in numer-c0l0ur structure, thank y0u very much SIR and balk at Y0UR ign0rance 0f anything higher than 7-purple! My G0d, have y0u even seen the 3 t0 11 magenta-aquamarine scale? I d0ubt y0u've even read the latest the0ries 0f sunkissed-red-tr0pics with hyperbarism instabilities!

I refuse t0 c0nverse with s0me0ne wh0 displays such a lack of ign0rance in these matters and pr0fesses superi0rity!

N0w, if y0u'll excuse me, I must take my leave t0 indulge in my midnight dapper pipe and will resume this league's plans f0r d0minati0n 0n the m0rr0w.

G00D EVENING, SIR!

Why yes, I do display a lack of ignorance, thank you.

The inter-color file instabilities are meaningless on the 12-bleen axis! The supposition that the aquamarine latitudes are relevant in bleen mechanics is laughable! The results of those experiments have never been replicated and the setup was highly questionable. Tropics do make sense on the Flarg and Squibble axises, maybe on the Dlarg as well, but they are in no way universal! You are far too gung-ho about the new, untested, theories and forget the extreme difference between axises in the four-tangle array and those that have no Glarn-blat wave activity.

AND IT"S MADAM TO YOU! I am a lady.

I still have all your o's.

............An interesting point on the universality of Tropics, and one I happen to agree with.

I never stated that the results were conclusive and/or paradigm shifting, merely that they are an interesting development that surely requires more investigation - along the lines of the new experiments being undertaken at the University of Central Blumbersburg-Beddington on the potential link between Glarn-blat wave activity and hyperbarism instabilities in dreg-4-gloondoog axes that suggest a possible causal link to the superimposition of traxiality in four tangle arrays (though the studies are admittedly in their early stages, the initial results do show some promise).

Carbonyl:

Thespian:

Carbonyl:
I am glad that my words have brought clarity. We do not wish to war, we wish to uphold a way of life in an effort to benefit the community and its sense of self.

Glad to hear it. I apologize for my barbs, though I'm sure you've all seen worse.

Meanwhile, I would expect the Brovengers to kindly detach themselves from any such further aggression to this thread. If you protect the community and it's sense of self, you have no right to combat us until we have threatened that same community. Which we have not done. Naming ourselves 'villains' is no crime, is it?

Most threats to the community call themselves villains, it's kind of a clue. Also they tend to be aggressors towards us. As many of your comrades still are. What goals does your group pursue? We need to make sure there are no conflicts that cannot be resolved.

I apologise for any agression I may have demonstrated after the declaration of any truce. 'Twas late at night and I had gone a significant period of time without access to my pipe. Both of these situations have since been resolved and I wish to make it known that I whole heartedly support any peace that Dglothuv may reach with the Brovengers.

Our full goals are known only to the highest ranked members of our organisation, suffice to say that the proper spelling of moustache is one of the most sacred tenets of our organisation, the widespread adoption of which we aim to achieve through the manipulation of world governments and world events from the deepest, darkest shadows of a multilayered and multifaceted conspiracy by asking nicely.

And madam, good day.

Mournful Crow:

Carbonyl:

Mournful Crow:

Ok, so, The Brovengers, the team I'm on, was Brossembled in response to the formation of the Injustice League. Not sure why they did, but they started it.
The Brovengers stand for forum fun, randomness, and light-hearted (non-malicious) thread-derailing.
The Injustice League is... apparently against all we stand for but they never made it very clear, they just didn't like us.

Three useful threads:
Brovengers: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/362.375125-Brovengers-brossemble#14552599
Injustice League: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/362.375133-The-Injustice-League#14553011

Yes, quite. It's a long and confusing story, but a good one, I think.

Hattingston:
My good betophatted gentlemen, surely my avatar entitles me admission? I specialize in class, and intend to bring this group of fine villains from merely classy to f*ckin' classy. I await your reply.

Kytseo:
/caresses mustache and asks "May an aspiring villain like I join the league?"

Patrick Buck:
You have my Sword OP, Top hats, or even any hat are my favourate things!

I WILL JOIN YOOOOOOOOOOOU!
*Don's monocle and hat*

Elementary - Dear Watson:
I, for one, agree with this new league, and offer my fully qualifying Top hat, homegrown moustache, cape and crevat to whatever villianous cause that is required!

Dapper Gentlemen, I welcome you to the D.G.L.O.T.H.V.! As per the terms of our recent truce with the Brovengers, all communications with the aforementioned group must remain civil to maintain the peace that allows both groups to profusciate their agendas, goals and beliefs.

Imthatguy:
Fools the Injustice League (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/The-Injustice-League) has documented proof that the brovengers discriminate against facial hair AND daystar hates kittens.

Sir, I must insist that you provide this proof forthwith! If you cannot, then please restrain your personage against making deforbourated allegations that threaten the peace!

Speaking of peace, captcha= lovey dovey. THE SENTIENCE PROGRAMME BE PRAISED!!!

Carbonyl:

Mournful Crow:

Carbonyl:

Three useful threads:

Well, when the story ends, and you manage to novelize it, I'll be sure to read it someday...

Mournful Crow:

Carbonyl:

Mournful Crow:

Well, when the story ends, and you manage to novelize it, I'll be sure to read it someday...

If I have anything to say about it, the story will never end.

Daystar Clarion:
Brovengers!

Brossemble!

Tonight we dine in inappropriate dress for the Dapper Gentleman's League of Top Hatted Villainy's dinner and charades evening!

There is no possible way for you to win Dapper Gentlemen! Your monocles will be replaced by just plain glass, you'll have difficulty seeing things close to you! How foolish you will look.

And don't even get me started on what I have planned for your silk ties and cravats.

I AM FANTASTICALLY, FASHIONABLY AND FABULOUSLY LATE TO THIS THREAD!

While this "League" is tempting, I shall have to pass as I am already (begrudgingly) allied to the Brovengers. I am using them you see.

*cough* I love them.

YOU DAPPER GENTLEMEN SHALL SOON BE VERY DIAPER GENTLEMEN!

EVA UNIT BRO - LETS RUIN THESE GENTLEMEN'S TEA.

I will join you!

It has the hat, it has anonymity, it has style.

All it requires is a glorious moustache.

GeneralBigG:

Carbonyl:

GeneralBigG:

At n0 p0int sir, have we claimeds t0 be her0es. In fact, quite the 0pp0site.

We ARE The Dapper Gentlemen's League 0f T0p Hatted VILLAINY and 0ur strength kn0ws n0 b0unds!!! This is merely 0ur ann0uncement 0f arrival and is just the beginning!

I am well versed in numer-c0l0ur structure, thank y0u very much SIR and balk at Y0UR ign0rance 0f anything higher than 7-purple! My G0d, have y0u even seen the 3 t0 11 magenta-aquamarine scale? I d0ubt y0u've even read the latest the0ries 0f sunkissed-red-tr0pics with hyperbarism instabilities!

I refuse t0 c0nverse with s0me0ne wh0 displays such a lack of ign0rance in these matters and pr0fesses superi0rity!

N0w, if y0u'll excuse me, I must take my leave t0 indulge in my midnight dapper pipe and will resume this league's plans f0r d0minati0n 0n the m0rr0w.

G00D EVENING, SIR!

Why yes, I do display a lack of ignorance, thank you.

The inter-color file instabilities are meaningless on the 12-bleen axis! The supposition that the aquamarine latitudes are relevant in bleen mechanics is laughable! The results of those experiments have never been replicated and the setup was highly questionable. Tropics do make sense on the Flarg and Squibble axises, maybe on the Dlarg as well, but they are in no way universal! You are far too gung-ho about the new, untested, theories and forget the extreme difference between axises in the four-tangle array and those that have no Glarn-blat wave activity.

AND IT"S MADAM TO YOU! I am a lady.

I still have all your o's.

............An interesting point on the universality of Tropics, and one I happen to agree with.

I never stated that the results were conclusive and/or paradigm shifting, merely that they are an interesting development that surely requires more investigation - along the lines of the new experiments being undertaken at the University of Central Blumbersburg-Beddington on the potential link between Glarn-blat wave activity and hyperbarism instabilities in dreg-4-gloondoog axes that suggest a possible causal link to the superimposition of traxiality in four tangle arrays (though the studies are admittedly in their early stages, the initial results do show some promise).

Carbonyl:

Thespian:

Glad to hear it. I apologize for my barbs, though I'm sure you've all seen worse.

Meanwhile, I would expect the Brovengers to kindly detach themselves from any such further aggression to this thread. If you protect the community and it's sense of self, you have no right to combat us until we have threatened that same community. Which we have not done. Naming ourselves 'villains' is no crime, is it?

Most threats to the community call themselves villains, it's kind of a clue. Also they tend to be aggressors towards us. As many of your comrades still are. What goals does your group pursue? We need to make sure there are no conflicts that cannot be resolved.

I apologise for any agression I may have demonstrated after the declaration of any truce. 'Twas late at night and I had gone a significant period of time without access to my pipe. Both of these situations have since been resolved and I wish to make it known that I whole heartedly support any peace that Dglothuv may reach with the Brovengers.

Our full goals are known only to the highest ranked members of our organisation, suffice to say that the proper spelling of moustache is one of the most sacred tenets of our organisation, the widespread adoption of which we aim to achieve through the manipulation of world governments and world events from the deepest, darkest shadows of a multilayered and multifaceted conspiracy by asking nicely.

And madam, good day.

I'm glad we seem to actually agree about numero-color axis theory, even though we approach it from radically different angles. (Pun fully intended.)

As long as you harbor no deep conflict with our goals of spreading fun, absurdity, and light-hearted chaos across the boards, we ought to get along fine, even without full disclosure of your shadowy goals. As long as no one starts getting hurt or genuinely mean, this is all in good fun.

You can have your o's back, I'm not using them for spelling mustache anyway: oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

@GeneralBigG:
And
@Thespian:
Official Brovengers word is that we accept your offer of truce. We are glad to have resolved our differences enough to coexist peacefully.

As Grand Administrator of The Injustice League, I come with our official response:

You kids have fun now.

Captcha: Let's roll.

C'mon, Villains let's leave these wannabes to play with their big-boy monocles.

EDIT: I guess you could say we're...
*sunglasses*
Leagues above you.
YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

I don't know who to join

I need to see each sides perks

Carbonyl:

*Sneer*

The best part of the story is when we kick your teams ass!

*Sneers back into dark alley*

Sean Hollyman:
I don't know who to join

We have a Sun Goddess, a fused Super Saiyan, a Gunslinger of Gilead and an owl that never sleeps, just to name a few.

Also, this is our theme song.

You know you want in :D

Shadie777:

Carbonyl:

*Sneer*

The best part of the story is when we kick your teams ass!

*Sneers back into dark alley*

In your dreams, Shadie.

Sean Hollyman:
I don't know who to join

We stand for fun, absurd whimsy, and non-malicious thread derails. Also, puns.

My original mission statement is a few pages back, if you want to check it out. I think Daystar also has his own mission statement, which is the official one. We aren't all that official, though.

Daystar Clarion:

Sean Hollyman:
I don't know who to join

We have a Sun Goddess, a fused Super Saiyan, a Gunslinger of Gilead and an owl that never sleeps, just to name a few.

Also, this is our theme song.

You know you want in :D

I have no idea what a Sun Goddess or a Gunslinger of Gilead is..

I DO like the sound of the Super Saiyan though.

...And I didn't like the Avengers that much :D

Carbonyl:

Sean Hollyman:
I don't know who to join

My original mission statement is a few pages back, if you want to check it out. I think Daystar also has his own mission statement, which is the official one. We aren't all that official, though.

Hm.. derailment... I love doing that :D

Sean Hollyman:
I don't know who to join

Well if you like to spread chaos and ruin through society without lifting a finger, using only persuasion and schemes, and if you can do so in a classy, well-attired manner, then this is the place for you.

If not, then to each their own. Personally I consider moustache-twirling and monocle-related murders to be the superior path.

Daystar Clarion:

When you say Gilead, is that a reference to the inheritance trilogy, old chap? I'm intrigued. *moustache twirl*

Sean Hollyman:

Carbonyl:

Sean Hollyman:
I don't know who to join

Hm.. derailment... I love doing that :D

Who doesn't love doing it? ... Mostly the Injustice League, I guess.

Carbonyl:

Mournful Crow:

Carbonyl:

Well I guess I'll have a lot to read then...

Thespian:

Sean Hollyman:
I don't know who to join

Well if you like to spread chaos and ruin through society without lifting a finger, using only persuasion and schemes, and if you can do so in a classy, well-attired manner, then this is the place for you.

If not, then to each their own. Personally I consider moustache-twirling and monocle-related murders to be the superior path.

Daystar Clarion:

When you say Gilead, is that a reference to the inheritance trilogy, old chap? I'm intrigued. *moustache twirl*

No, it's from the Dark Tower series by Stephen King.

Thespian:

Sean Hollyman:
I don't know who to join

Well I do like a bit of class.

I do say.

Daystar Clarion:

Thespian:

Sean Hollyman:
I don't know who to join

Daystar Clarion:

No, it's from the Dark Tower series by Stephen King.

Gilead...

reference to Inheritance....

I... you...

Mournful Crow:

Carbonyl:

Mournful Crow:

Well I guess I'll have a lot to read then...

Quite a lot to to read, it's difficult to keep up, sometimes.

Witty Name Here:
snip

DEVILS! CADS!
THIEVING SCOUNDRELS OF THE WORST ORDER!
I knew the villains who stole my vast collection of Top Hats would show themselves soon enough.
Now return my fancy headgear, or I fear I may be forced to seek RESTITUTION!

This is my kind of club!

When do I get a hat?

Good thing I showed up It looks like things are about to kick off.
Me and my horde of manly australian Men and Women are here to show you some real manlieness.

Curious it seems like my i's have abandoned me Im no use to you without my sight but take the horde.
They are a damn good horde put them to good use it seems a shame to waste them.

(Anyone else notice the new text style or is it just me?)

I did want omelettes today. Better get cracking.

Carbonyl:

Mournful Crow:

Carbonyl:

There is really no way to explain.... how far back do you want to go? How far down the rabbit whole?

Three useful threads:

With that I feel like it is a good time to organize the first ever Ambiguous Alliance of Anti-Heroes and Anti-villains. We stand for being anti-heroic and anti-villainous, and which one at which time is unknown to all but us.

Binnsyboy:

Gilead...

reference to Inheritance....

I... you...

(I really did mean to do this back when it happened but you see I literally just got back from a trip to New York and I was busy packing at the time and well you know yourself)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked