What Did You Recently Make for Dinner?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

I havn't had any food today and it's 3:22pm. Yesterday I had a pasta pot, a can of appletiser and a bottle of kiwi and lime flavoured water.

Yeah... Endless assignments does take my mind off the hunger, however now I'm really hungry...

I recently started working night shift, which was fine when I started at 5pm, but it got bumped up to 4pm, which is far to early to eat dinner first. So for the last few weeks my dinners have consisted of an apple, a banana, and a mince pie. Its not pretty, but it does the job.

However, it's the weekend so I have time to cook, I will either make epic nachos, or go shopping and make some form of chicken, chorizo, mushroom and various veg's meal.

Food is awesome. I'm glad one of life's greatest necessities just so happens to be incredibly tasty.

Just now finished a plate of Bali chicken casserole(sp?) with rice and salad, all homemade except for the chicken fillet. Takes a little longer, but I love making food, and since it's healthier making it from scratch, it's a win-win! Also it tasted awesome.

Cheese and mayonnaise on toast with Paul's Baku Steak Sauce. Winning combination right there!

It's not dinner time yet, but I'm in the process of making Jalapeņo chilli Con Carne and home done Wedges.

So many ideas from this... I need to start cooking regularly again. As it is, the last thing I made from scratch was sweet and sour chicken, and that was last week.

spag bog. except i made the sauce and pasta from scratch :) yummy

tacos w/ homemade tortillas and fresh salsa OMG sooo good & grillin out for the 4th: burgers and corn

Well, last night was left-over turkey meatballs and penne noodles. Tonight, hotdogs and corn on the grill!

Masala dox: South American dish consisting of duck filet with masala spices, tomato and a lot of garlic. Rice and string beans as side dishes.

So delicious, and surprisingly easy to make.

um, my supper last night was a bag of chips and some chocolate cookies...

i wanted BBQ chicken a few days ago, but i didn't fell like going to a restaurant, so i made it myself.

Forgot to go shopping, so my last meal was baked beans and pasta. yum yum.

Sushi for 5.
I love cooking

Something I plan to make soon for a party:
Pickled jalapenos stuffed with bacon, montere jack cheese and some spices, battered and covered in bread crumbs then deep fried.

Homemade pizza subs and potatoe salad on account I had to baby sit 4 of my nephews and one of my neices yesterday. Trick with feeding kids is to make em something they know they'll like while at the same time keeping their hands busy then putting something on to watch that absorbs attention like a good anime

"Uncle Dave can we watch Elfen Lied?" "no you can't watch that" "what about Princess Mononoke?"
"okay sounds good"

Its kinda sad having to explain to children how some cartoons are only for adults and some are for both

geK0:
Something I plan to make soon for a party:
Pickled jalapenos stuffed with bacon, montere jack cheese and some spices, battered and covered in bread crumbs then deep fried.

Holy fuck that sounds awesome.

A few nights ago, I made Coca-Cola glazed baby back ribs. I'll share the recipe so all you guys can enjoy the deliciousness
Ingredients: 1 cup Coca-Cola classic, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, 2 scotch bonnet chiles (or jalapenos, your choice), 2 rack baby back ribs (3 lbs total, and some sea salt and black pepper

Directions:
For the glaze; mix the coke, pepper, vinegar, and sugar in a small saucepan and bring it to a boil at high heat. then, let the sauce simmer at med-low heat for 10 minutes. Finally, decrease heat to low to keep it warm while the ribs cook.

For the ribs; Preheat the oven to 325 degrees season and rub in the salt and pepper on both sides of the ribs. Put the ribs on a broiler pan and let them cook for 3-4 hours, flipping and glazing them every 30 minutes. After 3-4 hours, turn on the broiler, pour half of the remaining glaze over the ribs, and let them broil for 5 minutes. Repeat once more with the rest of the glaze. Serve with plenty of napkins.

Zhukov:
Russian-style potato salad and pepper steak.

Sadly, nay, criminally, I forgot to buy red onion for the salad. It's just not quite the same without it.

Tell me of this recipe. I was just about to embark on a greek potato salad adventure, but now you've gotten me intrigued.

Erana:

Zhukov:
Russian-style potato salad and pepper steak.

Sadly, nay, criminally, I forgot to buy red onion for the salad. It's just not quite the same without it.

Tell me of this recipe. I was just about to embark on a greek potato salad adventure, but now you've gotten me intrigued.

Sure.

You need:
- Potatoes, boiled and cold. A variety with a waxy texture. I prefer Kipflers.
- Eggs, hard boiled and cold.
- Mayonnaise (Get the good stuff. Cheap mayo can and will ruin it.)
- Horseradish cream. (Optional but tasty.)
- Worcestershire sauce. (Also optional, also tasty.)
- Gherkins. Finely chopped.
- Chives. Finely chopped.
- Dill. (Optional, I usually don't bother.)
- Red onion, finely chopped.

Exact amounts aren't all that important. Basically just mix to taste. Just be sure to use generous quantities of mayonnaise. Being a a salad and all, you can always throw in more of something.

Chop the potatoes and eggs into small bite-sized chunks or slices. Mix the mayo, horseradish and worcestershire in a bowl. Then just throw in everything else and mix it up.

Lastly, you'll want to stick it in the fridge for a few hours before eating.

In the last two weeks (since I was gone for a few days fishing last week):

Monte-Cristo sammiches. Reuben sammiches. (panini press-style)
Rosemary-Chicken with Bacon served with Zucchini pilaf.
Grilled pineapple pizza (which I don't like, but my family and friends love apparently)

I'll be making sauerkraut porkchops with lyonnaisse potatoes and apple sauce on the side for the 3rd and 4th of July.
(Am also looking to try my hand making Lamb-chops with Mint-Jelly)

Though for lunch today, I just made boring old pork-chop+ramen noodles with Parmesan+Romano cheese.

last night?

tacos

night before

pork steak, baked potato and corn

Just this morning churned some dark chocolate peanut butter ice cream that I will have for dinner so it counts. It also counts because it is soooo delicious

Girl With One Eye:
... Damn those carbs in your picture look tasty !!

They really are! It's the one thing I cook that everyone in this house loves (well, save for the potatoes since that was the first time I made baked potatoes).

TopazFusion:
... this thread is making me depressed hungry . . .

Eclpsedragon:
This thread is making me hungry.

Same here. And I just ate!

Lunatic High:
"Uncle Dave can we watch Elfen Lied?" "no you can't watch that" "what about Princess Mononoke?"
"okay sounds good"

Its kinda sad having to explain to children how some cartoons are only for adults and some are for both

From what I've heard and seen, Princess Mononoke isn't really for kids.

Macaroni with spinach and feta. It sounds incredibly weird, but it's delicious.
It's funny how many of our favorite recipies come from a supermarket catalogue. Albert Heijn, I love you.

Girl With One Eye:
Yesterday I had a cod fillet with salad. Damn those carbs in your picture look tasty !!

lol, right ^^

I invented a new dish, Pan fried Tilapia and Cut Green Beans with Country Gravy
Tilapia = 80 calories
Can o' Beans - 40 calories (whole can!)
Country Gravy - 40 calories (if you licked the plate clean)

Still 300 calories less than a 6 inch Veggie Delight sub from SubWay.

Walnut cranberry salad:

Spring greens, dried cranberries, raisins, chopped walnuts, grilled chicken, gorgonzola cheese crumbles with a balsamic vinegrette dressing. Deeeeeeelicious.

Cheese on Toast (that went all soggy) and some Heinz tomato soup.
Just the type of culinary skills that I'm going to be relying on in my first year of University. I think I'm going to die.

i rarely ever eat cooked warm meals for dinner, i usually some kind of salad and bread with butter and cheese.

Instant noodles... Well this is embarrassing.

Recently that is worth mentioning is Spaghetti Bolognese.

soren7550:

Girl With One Eye:
... Damn those carbs in your picture look tasty !!

They really are! It's the one thing I cook that everyone in this house loves (well, save for the potatoes since that was the first time I made baked potatoes).

TopazFusion:
... this thread is making me depressed hungry . . .

Eclpsedragon:
This thread is making me hungry.

Same here. And I just ate!

Lunatic High:
"okay sounds good"

Meh I think it depends on the age group I'm talking oldest 11 youngest 9, they liked it alot specially the giant wolves and I figure thats alot less worrisome than the opening episode of Elfen Lied ie naked girls and disembowlments to name a couple reasons my sis would pummel me if I ever let them watch something like that

Fried Rice Omelette. Japanese call it Omu-Rice.

Nothing fancy. Just grilled some burgers with onions, served on toasted buns with a glass of milk.

soren7550:

Depends on you and your child. I find the lion king objectionable because of all the animal death.

Crisp sandwich (Mccoys BBQ ribs) and bowl full of chilli con carny (tinned).

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked