The oldest game you own

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

I'll list my four oldest games, as they're all pretty close.

1. Resident Evil 1 - Playstation, March, 1996.

2. Tomb Raider 1 - Playstation, October, 1996.

3. Croc: Legend of the Gobbos, PC, September 29, 1997.

4. Fallout 1, PC, September 30, 1997.

I haven't played those games in so long. I actually have never really played Fallout. I got it in a 3-game set which I got mostly for Fallout: Tactics, played the first a little but never got far in it. Bored me pretty quickly. As for the first two, man, I haven't touched a console in ages. Probably should give them a spin sometime soon.

I have the 1984 gray box edition of "Zork" for Apple II. No idea if it still works - I found it at a junk store for US$4.00 in very-obviously-quite-used contition, took it home, and downloaded the freeware version - but it is my precous baby. :3 Even though it is older than me.

The oldest game I have that I know actually works (and that I have the necessary hardware to play should I choose to) is Pokémon Blue Version, for the Gameboy, 1998. I recieved it as a Christmas present that year. (My brother got Red Version. I don't think he still has it, though.)

Hmm Myst or the 7th Guest.

Super Mario Land, I got it and a Gameboy pocket for christmas when I was 4 and still have both in perfect condition 15 years later.

Putt Putt Goes to the Moon, 1992.

I'm not kidding.

Probably the Legend of Zelda for the NES (1986).

Assuming the free games on GOG don't count, Ultima VII (1992).

Seeing as due to a forced move (long story) the oldest game I own is Perfect Dark Zero (2005 I want to say) for the X-Box 360. -_-'

(I admit though, I do enjoy it)

Legend of Dragoon for the PS1

FF1, for the NES.

I've also got a cabinet of Shinobi.
Problem is I didn't have the room to work on it so it's over at a friend's place while I save up the money to 'buy some tubes'.
:?

Do remakes of old games count? If they do, I've got the Origins version of the original Final Fantasy. Original was released in 1987 on the NES, Origins was released in 2003 on the PS1.

I wasn't born in time to get hold of anything older than the 32-bits, so other than remakes my oldest game is Robo Pit, released in 1996 on the PS1. But I plan to fix that soon.
Robo Pit is a surprisingly good game, though.

I would have to say Super Mario Bros for my NES emulator.

but if emulator games don't count, I think my Spider-Man game for my PS1 is the oldest I got.

Either that, or Super Mario 64 for my N64, whichever came first.

Ultima III, for the Apple II. 1984.

Space Invaders for the Atari 2600

Released in 1980, I think.

probably morrowwind game of the year edition. borrowed it from a friend he never asked for it back so I kept it then I remind him of it and he gives it to me to own. still gotta beat it. By the way having trouble with being over encumbered and none of barter chars have enough money to buy it all, strats please?

If shareware counts, Captain Comic 1 for MS-DOS, (C) 1988.

If I actually had to shell out money for it, the original Duke Nukem, (C) 1991. Duke3D may be a good game, but Duke works best when he's in a side-scrolling platformer.

webepoop:
Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt Cartridge for the NES

Me too. I would have thought this page would be full of those.

Chrono Cross for the PS1

I used to own a lot of old NES and Nintendo 64 games but my parents got rid of them along with my stations.

I also used to own the Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego game for the PC.

Unreal Gold

The original game + expansion pack. 1998, woo! My first legit game, too. Parents got it out of a bargain bin. I had to play it with my sister in the room because it scared the crap out of me xD

It's also the reason I only like FPS if there are aliens in them...

I still have a pong console, not sure if it works or not any more though.

X-Wing, on those big black discs. Or Harpoon on standard floppies. Maybe Descent or Empire or Cosmo's Cosmic adventures...or Epic Pinball. I can't really remember the years.

Antarctic Adventure, Released in 1983. I'll admit I had to look up MSX games' release dates, but It looks like this is the oldest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antarctic_Adventure

Super Mario Bros / Duck Hunt. Mid 80's.
Still have a working NES and light gun.

Many good hours spend on it.

Depends on what you mean by "game" I have an Odyssey 200 console from 1975. It can only play the 3 version of Pong that it came programmed with. (Not to mention a highly lauded on screen scoring system...hot shit right?)

If you're talking game independent of the system itself.

Game: Combat
System: Atari 2600
Release Year: 1977

bubsy for Super nintendo - 1992

Volstag9:
I have a ton of old flight sims that my father bought.

The only one I remember was Red Baron 2 from 1997.

There was this other game, it was much older. All I remember was that it had "Aces" in the title. That's all. No idea what that it was really called. That was from the late 80's I think. It's for the PC. He had it on an ancient laptop.

could be aces of the pacific. now that was a darn good game the manual alone had beautiful full colour artwork of each of the planes, etc.

A few NES games, I'm not sure what ones came first though.
A legend of Zelda - 1986, Feb 21st
Super Mario Bros 3 - 1988, Oct 23rd
and perhaps a few others that I can't remember.

Starcraft released in 1998.
I should still have it around somewhere...

EDIT:

Burig:
A few NES games, I'm not sure what ones came first though.
A legend of Zelda - 1986, Feb 21st
Super Mario Bros 3 - 1988, Oct 23rd
and perhaps a few others that I can't remember.

DAMN, totally forgot. I have Super Mario 1,2 and 3 on NES.
Now, where is my NES....

Most of the C64 games I kept are from the mid to late eighties. I think the earliest is Impossible Mission from 1984. Destroy him...my robots.

Sega Rally Championship

GAME OVER YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Ape Escape for the PS1 is the oldest I have, I think. The release date was the same as that of the dual shock game pad

my collection of nes games,

commodore 64

I hope this counts. Took some time to find the right console since there are loads of different ones. One of the controllers doesnt work thanks to some minor issues and my friend should fix it shortly. Still

Pong, 1977

http://pongmuseum.com/collection/poppy-9009.php

WELCOME, TO LORDS OF MAGIC

Gets me every time, broken-ass turn based rts/mannagement..thing

nikki191:

Volstag9:
I have a ton of old flight sims that my father bought.

The only one I remember was Red Baron 2 from 1997.

There was this other game, it was much older. All I remember was that it had "Aces" in the title. That's all. No idea what that it was really called. That was from the late 80's I think. It's for the PC. He had it on an ancient laptop.

could be aces of the pacific. now that was a darn good game the manual alone had beautiful full colour artwork of each of the planes, etc.

Nope, that wasn't it. The one I'm thinking of was WW1 and It barely had color. When you fired the guns, the muzzle flashes were blue. That might have just been because of the laptop, but I'm not sure...

EDIT: So I did find the game, War Eagles: World War 1 Aerial Combat Simulation by Celery Software made in 1993. So yeah, I was a bit off there. Thankfully, Your comment sparked my to get off my ass and actually do research and I remembered that "Eagle" was in the name. I then went into another room and found it under a copy of Age of Mythology.

So mystery solved!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked