36.8% (145)
Inside my ethnicity as a female
5.1% (20)
5.1% (20)
Outside my ethnicity as a female
4.6% (18)
4.6% (18)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Dating inside or outside your Ethnicity/Race?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Asian? yes plz. Delicious mocha-mama? yes plz. Latina? yes plz. Canadian? Hey, I seldom turn down poon.

I'll date em all if they're hot. No reason to shy away from the good stuff. I picked inside my ethnicity because I would probably find it silly to just go around only trying to date minorities. I'd try for what I have to work with.

I've done both. No real preference. Its more of a case by case thing.

Honestly the first thing I think about when thinking of an ideal partner is a white girl but I also have a slight thing for asians so it's not solely white women.

I don't date outside my ethnicity; I just can't find myself attracted to other ethnicities, barring a handful of exceptions.

And yeah, it's not all about looks. But I think most people require some kind of physical chemistry to be or stay romantically interested.

I've only dated females within my ethnic group (white, anglo-saxon) because they're the majority I've had access to in my life. I'm definately not adverse to the prospect of dating an asian, black or hispanic woman. In some ways I'd welcome the change.

Daystar Clarion:

Mr F.:

disgruntledgamer:
Recently I was asked if I like a certain "ethnic group(Indian)" of girl. My initial reaction was sure why not, but I thought about it after and while and while I would probably not object to a casual relationship or to the bedroom, I can't see myself in a long term relationship with a different ethnic group. A fling is one thing, but taking someone down the aisle is a whole new ball game.

It might sound petty, but if you were to construct an ideal mate most people wouldn't be flipping a coin when choosing skin colour. Oh and for the nerds, no fantasy races don't count.

Edit: I'm using the adjective definition of ethnicity so it applies to race, just to clear this up as apparently there was confusion. Even tho technically race when referring to humans is really a cultural, political and economic concept in society, and it is not a biological concept.

i.e. Caucasian, Asian, Black, Hispanic etc.

Well, firstly, your poll makes absolutely no sense.

From a sociological or biological perspective there is absolutely no such thing as race or ethnicity. The genetic differences between, say, a black male living in Nigeria and myself are less then, purely for example, me and a random Scottish gent or an Indian bloke. Ya see, Race/Ethnicity are sociological constructs. And if you ignore their existence (Which is one answer to racism according to certain schools of thought) they will disappear.

So... I am dating a human. So someone of the same race!

They are also white, which I guess fits in with your poll. Yet I still contest that the poll itself is flawed and the question makes no sense whatsoever. Whilst still making perfect sense and everybody understanding exactly what you mean.

Academia is FUN.

Self gratifying pendanticism cloaked as pseudo-intellectualism is fun :D

(I don't mean that in a mean way, but come on. 'Just ignore them?')

OT: Honestly, I've found women from all the races attractive at one time or another and I wouldn't have a problem having a relationship with any of them :D

A beautiful woman is beautiful woman, regardless of skin colour.

Got first year syndrome. Seriously, the never ending reading. Plus we just covered identity and did a module on race, lots of interesting discussions which ended with the universal agreement that race is not a thing. Good fun. Because, really, Race is not a thing. Academia, as a whole, is fun (Hence my hoping to turn it into a career choice).

And as for the 'Just ignore them' school of thought... It is an actual school of thought. Essentially, if we onstantly go on about race and race relations we endlessly reinforce race and race relations. If we ignore race (Because it is a social construct and not a biological one) it is arguable that racism as a whole will simly disappear. Whether or not you agree with that doesn't really matter (I know I don't, its just another school of thought.)

But, as history will show you, race is a social construct which leads to the question itself being defunct! Whilst being totally and utterly accurate. Fun stuff. God I love my subject. Well, two of my subjcts. I bloody hate my second minor but that is life, I guess.

Anyway, where was I?

Yeah, race might not be a thing and people of all ethnicities (sigh) and nationalities (sigh)can (and are) attractive, yet every person I have dated as of yet in my life has been white. Its not down to racism, I just hang around with more white people than non-whites (Simply though circumstance! Lived in places which have been very, VERY white most of my life.) but if I must be totally and utterly honest? I find white people more attractive, by the by, then others. But that is simply because I really love soft white skin. You know, as is common in Ireland and Scandinavia.

I am unnatracted to some races due to facial structure, but mostly I wouldn't care.

Caucasian male, I generally prefer Caucasian or Oriental girls/guys but I take things on a case by case basis.

If I was gonna be totally honest I seem to like mixed race girls the best. Don't really mind what's mixed with what. I knew a girl who was half Caribbean and she was gawwjus. And someone who was a quarter Japanese. And a girl who was half black half Japanese (blackanese)? Anyways, for some reason, they just stand out to me more. Of course, if I like someone who's just white, or just Asian, or just black or whatever then I'll date them, and I'd never date a mixed person just because of that fact.

So in other words:

Um, nope. I would date/marry someone outside/inside my ethnicity. Don't see it as any relevance.
Also, would marry/date anyone from any other country, as long as we can communicate and they are awesome.

That said, I find some people more attractive than others. Think I go more for Asian girls, or cute ones. Tend to overlap a bit.

disgruntledgamer:
Recently I was asked if I like a certain "ethnic group(Indian)" of girl. My initial reaction was sure why not, but I thought about it after and while and while I would probably not object to a casual relationship or to the bedroom, I can't see myself in a long term relationship with a different ethnic group. A fling is one thing, but taking someone down the aisle is a whole new ball game.

It might sound petty, but if you were to construct an ideal mate most people wouldn't be flipping a coin when choosing skin colour. Oh and for the nerds, no fantasy races don't count.

Edit: I'm using the adjective definition of ethnicity so it applies to race, just to clear this up as apparently there was confusion. Even tho technically race when referring to humans is really a cultural, political and economic concept in society, and it is not a biological concept.

i.e. Caucasian, Asian, Black, Hispanic etc.

I can't vote for my ethnic group or outside ethnic group for I am fine with both long term and short term relationships. Th color of ones skin or heritage means very little to me and I go by common interest and personality above all else. Also looking good would be a huge bonus no matter your ethnicity and yes I am a bit shallow on ones looks, but can be swayed if everything else about her is great (unless she looks like Chewbaca or Fat Bastard...).

I didn't see an option for "Doesn't matter as a male/female."

Listen: I love women. I want to date women and someday marry one in hopes of raising a family together. Their ethnicity, race, or religion would not be a primary factor in whether I find them attractive or if I want to date them. I would only worry about stuff like that when it comes to marriage or raising kids. For now, I just want to enjoy my time in this world with whatever woman I feel comfortable with in hopes of enriching both our lives.

If I'm terribly mixed so I kind of have to? Or does it count if it's someone I share some race with or something?

It's a hard question for me to answer. If I were to rank the two ethnicities of women that I am generally most attracted to the tie for first place would be between Caucasian and Arabic/East-Indian, but as there isn't an 'I'm indifferent', I'm avoiding the poll because my response is meaningless.

Whether or not ethnicity matters to me kind of depends on the ethnicity in question combined with how traditional and/or fundamentalist they are. Not so much their ethnicity, but how they incorporate it into their personality.

For example - East Asian women. I find them physically attractive and there's certainly parts of their cultures that I find extremely interesting. I speak Chinese (although I've gotten really terrible) and know quite a bit of regional history/religion. However, many of the women I meet from those areas follow the traditional women's role of being relatively timid and somewhat xenophobic (though very polite). I don't find either of those personality traits attractive. It doesn't mean that they're bad people, but I have a hard time considering them "date-able". Mostly because I have way too much of an overbearing personality to not have a partner with equal amounts of piss-n-vinegar.

Then again, I'm more into subcultural girls (ie - outside of norms), even if they're in my own ethnicity.

Well, I'm probably biased towards white girls, being white myself, but that doesn't mean I won't date outside my race. It doesn't really matter in the end.

Inside.
I just don't find people outside my ethnicity attractive. Nothing more too it really. Not attracted to them means there's no point in going out with them, so whilst more than half my friends come from other ethnicities, there is a basically 0 chance of me dating someone from another ethnicity.

I don't have any preference whatsoever. If I like someone, I like them.

Since i don't really give a fuck about that, i'd have to go for "outside" because statistically speaken, it's probably more likely to meet someone outside my ethnicity.

If we're talkin' about skin tone: i do not really dig really dark women. It's just not really appealing to me.
But else everything from asian, to latino, to indio and whatever there is, it's fine.

Oh come on, nobody is going to post about keeping their bloodline pure?

Disappointed in this thread already.

Don't care either way. Technically dating a hispanic girl now, so I voted outside. Honestly though I always try to consider the indiviual first rather than the broad ethnic line.

Well, I made a recent post about my crazy date, and he was a black gentleman. I see no reason why I couldn't marry someone of a different ethnic back round or race, but everyone has their likes and dislikes. I personally am not physically attracted to asians or those of Indian decent, but that doesn't mean I don't feel like I could love one. I also now live in a primarily white neighborhood, versus before where I was the only white female within a five mile radius. xD

I'm a pathetically pale white female who avoids the sun at all hours. xD It's hard enough to meet people, none the less meet people of a different race or ethnic group then me!

My mother is Vietnamese, my father is Puerto Rican. The likelihood of me finding another person that matches me exactly in the racial and ethnic sense is pretty low. That being said, I'm interested in both people completely outside of my given race like blacks and whites as well as the ones that make the sum of my parts like Asians and Hispanics.

Well, in an attempt to try to avoid a self-made accident, the short answer is no. Not that I don't see the attraction in other races but I myself can't imagine myself finding a longterm commitment with anyone other than a caucasian female.

So yeah, like most people I stick with what I know, so to speak.

All of my previous girlfriends have been Caucasian, as is my current GF. If I somehow screw up and find myself single, though (perish the thought), I'd have no problem dating someone outside my ethnicity. Skin color doesn't really matter. Intelligence and personality do.

Well, my first thought was this...

but in reality I've never had a problem dating a plethora of ethnicities. My past looks like a Sunny D commercial, well, except for the whole underage boy part. Oh, and the Asians, they just fucking hate me.

Unfortunately, just because I have an open mind and find all woman visually attractive doesn't mean that all things are equal. For whatever reason, I think I prefer extremely pale white girls with extremely dark hair.
Oh, what the fuck do I know, tomorrow I'll prefer redheaded Puerto Ricans

My biggest physical attractions are to women of different (non-white in my case) ethnicities. I love me some Asian girls, Indian girls, Hispanic girls and Arab girls.

So for some sex or shallow stuff I much prefer someone from that list. Fo an actual relationship though it doesn't matter. I'll take a white girl without a doubt or regret if she has more in common with me and has a better personality or brains.

But then again if you give me a choice between a white girl adn an asian girl that both match my perceptions of attractiveness, like the same things, and both are very smart I'd probably go asian.

So outside is my final answer I guess.

For whatever this anecdote is worth, I attribute an attraction I have to Asian (both of the Japan/China/Korea etc and Indian sub-continent flavors) from my first proper crush as a wee lad. Her mother and father were from Burma but she was born here in Australia. I was 10, she was 14 and this lass could serve me my arse on a plate at Mortal Kombat 3, Killer Instinct and taught me the finer points of Super Mario World.

As for me, well, my bias is for Caucasian women, but I'd wreck Grace Park. Just saying.

A lot of people are saying race/ethnicity doesn't matter, but it's very hard to believe it doesn't register with them on some level however how subtle.

Me? I'm the very last person on earth who has any right to be picky about who I would date, but I guess overall I find myself generally attracted to people of my own ethnicity or ones that are close to it.

That's white in case you were wondering. Pale as snow that's been dipped in bleach. Pale as a ghost who's somehow lost lots of blood and has become even paler than normal.

i really don't care about someone's race. i'm white and i'm going out with a cuban so yeah, pretty far outside my race i'd say.

i really think there should be an option in the poll for "no preference"

deathzero021:

i really think there should be an option in the poll for "no preference"

That's the easy answer. Everyone would just choose that and the poll would be almost pointless.

Really, I shouldn't get into this, but you are kinda forcing people to admit that they fit your image here. I don't have a preference, I like attractive women regardless of skin colour. If I am to list the 5 hottest girls I know I will have one girl from India, one from my own country, one from Italy, one from Vietnam and one from Spain.

If I like someone then skin colour has no impact at all. I look at a woman's face, her body type, her hair, her eyes and her height. You might think that I should prefer one or the other, but I don't.

I would prefer a girl of norse or anglo-saxxon heritage, which happens to be what I am. Doesn't really matter, as most people have said, but since I prefer blondes and red-heads I will go with my own ethnicity there. Still Asians would be a nice secondary option but I find darker skin less appealing. Not unattractive quite just less attractive than lighter skin.

disgruntledgamer:

Moonlight Butterfly:
I don't consider it. If I like someone I like them :/

Yeah but what do you prefer? Everyone has a preference, just a matter of a certain degrees.

Not necessarily. I have a certain preference to personality, intelligence, and attractiveness. Race just doesn't factor in.

I've always been attracted to short, slightly chubby, hispanics. Particularly Mexicans.
Such describes my current girlfriend.
Things are good.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked