4.3% (10)
4.3% (10)
I kill my self
4.7% (11)
4.7% (11)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: You are cursed!?!

Pages PREV 1 2 3

I would choose the first curse due to both it being the least physically damaging and due to my tendency to not be out in public that often. Plus, with a bit of training and practice, I could focus on specific individuals minds which has many possible implications.

knight steel:
P.S Should this go in forum games?

No, this thread doesn't have enough what I guess you could call "replay value" to be in the forum games. It just wouldn't last that long.

xmbts:
physical contact with somebody much less intimacy so it doesn't particularly matter. :o

and how do you manage to buy food? you could still come in contact with the cashier..

Number 1 for me as I can imagine it being the one I can cope with most, like drowning out the sounds to white noise and getting accustomed to it after a while, plus has some benefits like seeing through lies.

Number 3 would be a nightmare for my wandering mind, the amount of times I've had my mind wander, even when in conversation with someone... if everyone started acting on my thoughts... good God!

As for 2, I'd kill myself, not only do I love touch but while thinking about it the following scenario popped into my head. Its summer, I'm walking through town, since its summer everyone is wearing t-shirts so good chance of skin contact, I see a family walking down the street towards me, I accidently bump into the guy, it happens sometimes on the street, has before in my life.

However what happens this time is my lifeless body falls to the floor, traumatizing everyone around and I have now effectively widowed the wife and made the children fatherless... and that's just the best case scenario, then the wife in fear goes to hug me now in the father body, father dies, I'm now in the mother, I try to run, bump into the screaming crowd, more bodies, more swaps, police try to arrest people, I swap into more bodies, its a massacre until eventually I'm the only one standing and am shot by police before I can hurt anyone else... what a nightmare!

2 is the worst by a mile. I likely only many physical contact with those I care about (aside from strangers in a crowd or something - not that thats much better!).

I'd probably pick number 1. The advantage/disadvantage ratio is a little better compared to that of number 3 - at least I'm not extremely dangerous with it. I'd just learn how to tune out every thought I hear - like background music.

I defintely wouldn't volunteer to have it but its the least harmful and would be useful to know if people are lying or not - you'd make the best police detective of all time.

rhizhim:

xmbts:
physical contact with somebody much less intimacy so it doesn't particularly matter. :o

and how do you manage to buy food? you could still come in contact with the cashier..

Customer: Okay look, just put the coins on the counter.
Cashier: Umm, alright then...
Customer: Thanks.
Cashier: Here's your reciept.
Customer: Cheers. No, WAI-
Cashier: Shit...

EDIT: Just thinking about the "All of them" option - can you imagine the mayhem of 1 & 3 combined? When you hear other peoples thoughts, you WILL be thinking about them - and so that is what will then happen. That would be utter CHAOS! 0.0 Its like everyone around you just gained the power to do ANYTHING without even realising it.

Fijiman:
I would choose the first curse due to both it being the least physically damaging and due to my tendency to not be out in public that often. Plus, with a bit of training and practice, I could focus on specific individuals minds which has many possible implications.

knight steel:
P.S Should this go in forum games?

No, this thread doesn't have enough what I guess you could call "replay value" to be in the forum games. It just wouldn't last that long.

:( I always find it hard to create thread that have replay value to them....would you have any suggestion to fix this?

rhizhim:

xmbts:

If all else fails, gloves.

Plus I am a cashier and I don't touch those people if it can be helped. xD

Pick number 2, put on some gloves and head on down to the nearest hospital. Find a coma clinic or other brain dead patient, find the one you like most (feel free to inspect teeth) and have at 'er. Seems like the only one that won't completely screw you and everyone around you over.

knight steel:
I always find it hard to create thread that have replay value to them....would you have any suggestion to fix this?

My only suggestion is to try and think of a thread topic that can continue to be added to with out getting too terribly off topic. Just take a look at some of the forum games that have been going on for a few months or more, most of them have topics that can easily be added to without abandoning the rules of the thread. If you want opinions on a possible forum game that you want to post you can always ask us here.

I picked 2 because I've seen one and three go HORRIBLY wrong on Code Geass. But now that I think about it, I could think up a good enough order, #3 would have the least negative consequences.

Judgment90:
As much as the first 2 intrigue me, curse 3 sounds the most appealing, unless your mind is extremely fucked up.

That's MY problem, so I'd need some time to... concentrate before I got it.

Fenra:
Number 1 for me as I can imagine it being the one I can cope with most, like drowning out the sounds to white noise and getting accustomed to it after a while, plus has some benefits like seeing through lies.

Number 3 would be a nightmare for my wandering mind, the amount of times I've had my mind wander, even when in conversation with someone... if everyone started acting on my thoughts... good God!

As for 2, I'd kill myself, not only do I love touch but while thinking about it the following scenario popped into my head. Its summer, I'm walking through town, since its summer everyone is wearing t-shirts so good chance of skin contact, I see a family walking down the street towards me, I accidently bump into the guy, it happens sometimes on the street, has before in my life.

However what happens this time is my lifeless body falls to the floor, traumatizing everyone around and I have now effectively widowed the wife and made the children fatherless... and that's just the best case scenario, then the wife in fear goes to hug me now in the father body, father dies, I'm now in the mother, I try to run, bump into the screaming crowd, more bodies, more swaps, police try to arrest people, I swap into more bodies, its a massacre until eventually I'm the only one standing and am shot by police before I can hurt anyone else... what a nightmare!

Love you answer,this is the kind of replies i was hoping for,I especially like the way you went into detail about the second curse!
If you don't mind would you care to go into more details about the consequences that would occur while having the 3rd curse thanks ^_^.

Fijiman:

knight steel:
I always find it hard to create thread that have replay value to them....would you have any suggestion to fix this?

My only suggestion is to try and think of a thread topic that can continue to be added to with out getting too terribly off topic. Just take a look at some of the forum games that have been going on for a few months or more, most of them have topics that can easily be added to without abandoning the rules of the thread. If you want opinions on a possible forum game that you want to post you can always ask us here.

Thanks for the advice, so what do you think of the thread so far in your opinion?

knight steel:
Thanks for the advice, so what do you think of the thread so far in your opinion?

You're welcome. I think that it's a fairly interesting thread.

I can't stand listening to people talk about their inane problems, and I live in a city, so option one is definitely out.
Option 3 is too risky and difficult to take advantage of.
So, option 2.
Unlike others on this thread, I don't care about loved ones enough to not take the chance for a power like body-swapping. That has so many applications...

knight steel:

Fenra:

Love you answer,this is the kind of replies i was hoping for,I especially like the way you went into detail about the second curse!
If you don't mind would you care to go into more details about the consequences that would occur while having the 3rd curse thanks ^_^.

Glad you like my answer, I was worried it was going into too much detail!

Hmm now as for the other curse, well let me us an example from the other day, was chatting with my brother and as always he ends up rambling on about stuff I don't care about long after I've changed the subject thus I drift into thought, during which I find myself wishing he'd stop talking

Now we've all had those times but thinking about that for a moment... I just "told" him, as far as the curse goes to stop talking... so he will never talk again as it can't be undone... and what if some part of him is conscious of this all the while, that he wants to talk, to scream, to yell for help because he doesn't know whats happening but he cant, what torment!

I think that what would get me the most, sure there's the grand, sweeping things that others have mentioned, like the angry thinking for someone to jump off a bridge, and that would be awful. Or the times my mind wanders when people watching on my lunch breaks at work, wondering what would happen if that guy cycling by decided to try and do a trick off that ledge.. bearing in mind I just affect people not give them the skill to do it, he could get seriously injured!,

But above all that more personal torment I could accidently end up inflicting on people like my brother, especially those I love and care about, particularly if they were aware of it but couldn't fight against it. I couldn't live with that

no.3 just to be able to reenact this scene on people

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=563xkXq4duw

xmbts:

rhizhim:

xmbts:

If all else fails, gloves.

Plus I am a cashier and I don't touch those people if it can be helped. xD

okay. just try not to become corpulent Sweaty Mcshoutyface, that you always seem to meet when working as a cashier..

Curse three.
THough I am sure I will make mistakes in the beginning and life would get boring after a while.
But I think it is much less harmless than the other two

Curse 2 because I would then go to a populated city and cause chaos and mayhem as I proceed to kill everyone in the city. Or I would make this curse known to the military and they could work on weaponising it, Also it is best form of immortality

ill pick number one, I never have silence anyway, plus I am awful at figuring out what certain people mean so this will come in handy.

felbot:
ill pick number one, I never have silence anyway, plus I am awful at figuring out what certain people mean so this will come in handy.

Your avatar what is this feeling I'm feeling it's like I'm becoming hypnotized 0_0 So beautiful!

option 2, and I will steal my girlfriend's orgasm!
also, I'd just wear mitts and thick clothes at any other point of the day, this curse doesn't sound too bad.

Come on thread live (Bangs chest) LIVE (mouth to mouth) LIVE

Copper Zen:

Option 2 is not a choice. I'd suicide--remember that this means NO SEX for the rest of your lives, folks.

Now I think of it, if you DO commence sex like that, at the moment of penetration you'd turn into the other person, which is at that moment having sex with a corpse.

Well, that's awkward.

I can pick all 3, YES
this is not curse, this is a superpower blessing.

option 1 is awesome, as i like being alone, i would only hear it when i want to and i would know just what to say to them.

option 2 is great. i could be like the demon from [url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119099/]Fallen (1998). well, almost. actually i fantasize about being such a demon.

Option 3 Is even better. control anyone. Not being able to give new orders while one is in effect would make sure one needs to be careful with his orders. and depending on the "curse rules" how specific one needs to be, but other than that it would be awesome.

Now I think of it, if you DO commence sex like that, at the moment of penetration you'd turn into the other person, which is at that moment having sex with a corpse.

Well, that's awkward.

condoms, rubber, no skin contact.

here we got robot cashiers. you scan your own products, you pay the machine and you leave. there is 1 human watching over the 6 of those machines and im sure the security is watching too. but there is no human contact. and thats a mighty fast way to shop, i love using them.

Number one. Two and three are too isolationist. One physically (with the limited touching and all), one emotionally/spiritually (everyone in your aura would essentially become a robot which, unless your a narcissist or a sociopath, probably would lose it's appeal quickly).

The first curse, while probably a shock at first (finding out what people really think about you), offers you up to live a truly fulfilling life. You'd be able to connect to people on a whole other level that they aren't even capable of (imagine knowing with 100% certainty and no reservations when someone loves you, without doubt or jealousy). In addition, you can be kind of a super hero if you want, getting information that can save lives from terrorists/criminals without having to resort to torture/bargaining.

As for the "uncontrollable" aspect of it, keep in mind that none of our senses have an off switch. However, our brain can attenuate to white noise fairly quickly. I can only assume that the addition of a new sense would follow the same process and, while it's not shut off, in time it wouldn't cause any undue sensory stress.

Can I pick multiple, but not all? If so, 2 and 3.

Copper Zen:
Option 2 is not a choice. I'd suicide--remember that this means NO SEX for the rest of your lives, folks.

Full body gimp suit and a condom.

OT: First one can harm yourself alot. Will need serious mental training.
Second one almost completely prohibits sex and all contact human or otherwise.
Third has no chance of harming yourself unless you are suicidal. Could put the world in order with enough practice. And if you want to know what the person is thinking you can just order them to tell you. You'd also be kind of like an out of control god.

I'd go for number 3. And maybe combine it with number 3. Of course all of them have more ups and downs than listed, but I'll choose 3 and maybe number 1 aswell.

I'd choose number three...

"No officer; I do not know why every hot female around me is stripping naked!"

el_kabong:
Number one. Two and three are too isolationist. One physically (with the limited touching and all), one emotionally/spiritually (everyone in your aura would essentially become a robot which, unless your a narcissist or a sociopath, probably would lose it's appeal quickly).

The first curse, while probably a shock at first (finding out what people really think about you), offers you up to live a truly fulfilling life. You'd be able to connect to people on a whole other level that they aren't even capable of (imagine knowing with 100% certainty and no reservations when someone loves you, without doubt or jealousy). In addition, you can be kind of a super hero if you want, getting information that can save lives from terrorists/criminals without having to resort to torture/bargaining.

As for the "uncontrollable" aspect of it, keep in mind that none of our senses have an off switch. However, our brain can attenuate to white noise fairly quickly. I can only assume that the addition of a new sense would follow the same process and, while it's not shut off, in time it wouldn't cause any undue sensory stress.

Great answer I had never thought of it like that, great job!
However for discussion purposes how would you cope if you got the other two?

2. And then I would be the prettiest girl in town. And wear gloves all the time. And still be a shut-in.

1 and 3 would be awesome. IRL Psycho Mantis.
2 would also be kinda sweet. I'd probably learn to deal with any moral implications of it, having the ability to have (technically) eternal life.

So yeah. I'd go all 3.

nr2.
much easier to take over the world (can i stop it by wearing rubber gloves or something?)

Not Matt:
nr2.
much easier to take over the world (can i stop it by wearing rubber gloves or something?)

Yep you can stop it by wearing gloves!

I'll take the ol' Land of Visible Pain curse (#1. Cookie for reference). I spend most of my time miles from any other human being, so I think I could turn it to my advantage with a little extra self-discipline in social situations.

Damn, those are some horrible fates. Definitely not 3, because people would be dying horrifically left and right. Not 2 because while it is immortality in a sense, I wouldn't want to accidentally brush past someone and lose my body. Not to mention...well, any human contact. 1 is the safest in my opinion. At best, a handy way to tell if someone is lying, and at worst, a lot of annoying static. Although, downsides to this include probably hearing a lot of things you don't feel comfortable knowing about friends and family of yours, and having to talk over people continually.

EDIT: ALL OF THE THEM?! ARE YOU INSANE?!

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked