Name a personal Epic Fail.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Lunar Templar:

Copper Zen:

Lunar Templar:
I barber chaired a tree i was falling once.

that count ? since if it rolled the other way i'd have been hurt or killed

What does 'barber chaired a tree' mean? I'm guessing that 'falling' means you were cutting it down? Sorry if I'm unfamiliar with the slang. :(

not surprised, yo kinda have to be around loggers to hear it

i was falling the tree (cutting it down) and it did that. not good, and it can kill you

should always wedge the opposite side of your cut
for the guy that dropped a tree on a car: when done properly it also helps to point the tree in the right direction and if you combine a rope to the highest point of a tree you can (almost) always send it where you want. however if done incorrectly what you end up with is the base of a tree sucker punching you in the face

As a kid, I was told to clean my room and not go to my grandma and grandpa's house. Can you guess what I did?

Well, my parents found out not when they noticed I was gone, but when my grandparents called them telling them I had put my hand through a window. Emergency room + me screeming = a horrible lesson that I only heed most of the time.

Just look at my profile I fail hard ><

Dreiko:

likalaruku:
As a cook, I naturally fear kitchen related disasters. I was also "blessed" with one of those naggy moms that never lets you forget that you made a mistake, ever.

I once made a chicken enchilada casserole with flour tortillas instead of corn tostadas or tortilla chips. The end result was that it turned into a giant chicken dumpling. My family HATES dumplings. That was 3 years ago; mom still likes to joke about it.

What is it about dumplings that they hate? They tend to be really awesome, especially those asian soup-dumplings.

Or try the german version, called "Maultaschen" they are friggin awesome.

On a related note:
My karate teacher once dared us to punch a (wooden) wall and offered to buy whoever managed to put a hole in the wall a beer.
Naturally I had to accept that challenge and went on to punch the wall with everything I had.
Dear deity-of-choice did that hurt, sweet mother of everything did that ever HURT.
My knuckles were swolen for a good few days and quite blue for a bit more than a week.
I did manage to put a hole in that wall, though and I did get that beer.

When I was about 14 I made a rope out of dog leashes, tied it to my two story chimney and tried to rappel down the side. My hand got caught and I was left dangling one story up with concrete below. I had made a harness that I had attached to the rope, so I though that would catch me when I let go and fell. I had made the rope far too long and fell to the concrete. I sprained my ankle very badly and broke a stereo that I had brought out to give me action music. I was forced to crawl back into the house because my ankle couldn't support my weight. When my Mom came home she slapped me for being so stupid.

One certain email to a girl from a summer program for teenagers. Let's just say that after that I'm VERY reluctant at sending emails before I properly check that I'm not spewing incoherent text.

I love cherries, I hate cherries in cake and decided at age 9 to pick and eat all the cherries from my grandmas tree to save them. I got a broken arm and nasty scar on my head for that.
And I destroyed the best relationship I ever had because I wouldn't admit to myself that I was suffering from a severe depression and that popping pills and smiling was not a solution

I was drunk and tried to microwave my dads trousers...my friends talked me out of it.

lechat:

Lunar Templar:

Copper Zen:

What does 'barber chaired a tree' mean? I'm guessing that 'falling' means you were cutting it down? Sorry if I'm unfamiliar with the slang. :(

not surprised, yo kinda have to be around loggers to hear it

i was falling the tree (cutting it down) and it did that. not good, and it can kill you

should always wedge the opposite side of your cut
for the guy that dropped a tree on a car: when done properly it also helps to point the tree in the right direction and if you combine a rope to the highest point of a tree you can (almost) always send it where you want. however if done incorrectly what you end up with is the base of a tree sucker punching you in the face

tieing it off kinda wasn't an option at the time, not that the direction was the problem, plus it was an Alder so putting a wedge in it wouldn't have helped much. but it was the only tree on the sight that did that so it's not what i was doing :D

hmm, when I was a teen I once broke out a part of a tooth...
It was a very windy day and I covered my face from the wind and ran into a lamppost

My life in a nutshell.

As for something more specific: I backed out of the garage with the car... through a half-closed door (it's a double-door so one side was open). Broke the hinges on the fucking thing.
Fast forward 2 months, I did the exact same thing again.
Something's wrong with me.

Whilst climbing a tree I figured the next branch on the way up looked sturdy enough.

3 seconds (and 10 feet downwards) later I had one hell of a sore back, not least of all because I landed in nettle. Lucky I didn't break anything though.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked