10 million. 10 years

Pages PREV 1 2

VeryOddGamer:
10 Years? That's plenty of time. I'd buy the best gaming computer I could find, buy a bunch of games, probably a new TV as well.
I'd probably be able to live those 10 years with the money left over.

Dull, unambitious, and slightly sad? Yes.

Nothing wrong with simple pleasures. Heck I'd probably do the same thing.. buy every game, etc I've ever wanted, get a giant house with a bunch of rooms and fly in any of my friends who'd want to help me enjoy the rest of my life all expenses paid.

Whatever I had left in my last days, I'd find some kid who reminds me of myself at that age and give it to them.

I would do what I am doing now until I die, chilling out and playing videogames.
1 million to fund my interactivity, 9 million for cancer research.

FizzyIzze:

My version:

Ask yourself if you're unhappy about anything in your life right now. Is it something that you have the power to change? Now, imagine your life ten years from now, only everything is exactly the same. Does that make you unhappy?

If so, imagine you are the future version of you. What would you tell yourself right now to change your life? What would you start doing differently today so that you don't end up the same, unhappy person 10 years from now?

Granted, the point of the $10 million dollar exercise and my exercise aren't the same, but it's all I got.

that ones actually much better.
wtf am i using my question for?

Build a tiny house out of all of the money in front of the doctors house and then burn it down.

Well, I...

Nantucket:
1. Buy a Steam Train and drive it up and down the country.
2. Convert said Steam Train into a house.
3. Suddenly realise my dream cost more than I thought & take out a loan to help pay for it.
4. Die before I can pay back the loan.
5. My Steam Train is donated to some wacky museum and I go down as a hero before Railway fanatics.

Oi, you! Yeah you! Get out of my head!

Though you did miss a few details, such as filling entire carriages with LEGO and games.

lechat:

FizzyIzze:

My version:

Ask yourself if you're unhappy about anything in your life right now. Is it something that you have the power to change? Now, imagine your life ten years from now, only everything is exactly the same. Does that make you unhappy?

If so, imagine you are the future version of you. What would you tell yourself right now to change your life? What would you start doing differently today so that you don't end up the same, unhappy person 10 years from now?

Granted, the point of the $10 million dollar exercise and my exercise aren't the same, but it's all I got.

that ones actually much better.
wtf am i using my question for?

Actually, there are quite a few insightful answers you're getting, especially the ones about taking care of family and friends. The idea you're driving home is directly addressing the fact that we will all die (in 10 years), as opposed to the idea of "One day I'll die but I don't know when". You've given us a definitive timeline so we're considering what's really important. Some are focusing (albeit out of levity) on immediate pleasures, while others are more focused on those left behind. I'd say your question is pretty good!

Regarding the original topic, I'd say that each immediate family member gets one million (via last will and testament). For me, that leaves 2 million, which I would immediately donate to (randomly picked but super awesome non-profit organization) Q-Drum.

I would proceed to live the rest of my life normally; that is, work a job, play games, live humbly, die anonymously.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked