NEWS: Girl, 9, Gives Birth in Mexico

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

You guys get surprise by everything these days. Seriously I was hearing about 8 year olds getting pregnant in my school district, I remember overhearing a conversation about this chick brother fucking before he even left elementary school. This is in America by the way, so this shit ain't new, I honestly don't see why this was newsworthy anyway. Kids will sometimes experiment at an early age, the only thing they know that it feels good. You guys are funny.

FelixG:

Milanezi:

Abomination:
I'm more concerned with the logistics of the situation. How does a 9 year old get time away from a guardian to actually have sex in the first place?

This is some seriously irresponsible parenting.

And sadly something that happens more and more nowadays, worldwide.
Now everyone is also treating the girl as if she has no blame, only because she's 9 years old. Ok, everyone knows, there are MANY kids around that age who think they are badass adults, and do what they do willingly even if they do not fully comprehend the extent of their actions. Kids nowadays, especially those whose parents don't look after as they should (or sadly CAN'T look after as they should) - obviously -, are not that innocent anymore.
HOWEVER, obviously, the agent was 17 years old and she was NINE, I refuse to believe he didn't know her age or something (some 14 years old can pass for 18, bringing all types of controversy in court), and even if she isn't a saint HE should have refused to engage into sex. In my opinion, this is Statutory Rape, meaning it doesn't matter if she was ok with the act or not, he's old enough to know better, meaning he took advantage of her stupidity at least, or downright raped her (which I don't think was the case).

Well, one should consider that you are dealing with Mexico, you said you have seen 14 year olds who pass for 18. Well, the age of consent in Mexico only 12 years old. Now, I dont make a habit of trying to guess preteen girls ages, but I probobly would fail to recognize the differences in two folk of those two ages, particularly of hispanic origin who mature faster than others

TWELVE YEARS OLD??? Well, then his lawyer might have the classic, "he didn't know, he couldn't tell the difference, nobody asks for an ID to date" excuse. Holy shit TWELVE? That's sorta... Low...

Umm, I hope that she and the child are okay, but that is pretty messed up.

I find it highly disturbing the number of people defending pedophilia and saying 'it was (probably) consensual, so why care?'.

A nine year old is in no way shape or form ready for sex and childbirth, no matter how you try to cut it. I damn well knew about sex and the like when I was that age, but that doesn't mean that I was in any way ready for any kind of sexual encounters. Want to know why? Because nine year olds are not developed enough for it, physically or mentally. Even knowing about sex, all I cared about and could comprehend was Pokemon, Harry Potter, and some basic schooling.

Keep in mind, this girl couldn't even comprehend that she was seven months pregnant (not mentally ready) and they had to perform a c-section because her pelvis was too small to pass a baby (not physically ready). Even at twelve (Mexico's age of consent for some reason), a child isn't prepared for these things. The father is a pedo and a rapist even if it was consensual, because the girl is underage by law. Hell, I'd still have a problem with it if she was twelve, because a child still isn't mentally/physically ready for these things.

And using 'undocumented cases of people having sex with minors around the world all the time, so why is this so special?' as an argument is beyond stupid. One cannot really point to something that they have no real evidence of happening and say 'that's wrong'. However, it's a lot easier to do when there's documented proof of it happening.

an annoyed writer:
What the fucking fuck? A fucking nine-year-old? The birth canal and everything aren't even developed yet, and someone decided "Hey! let's fuck that!"? I don't even.. Just how? Why? Who the hell is going to take care of the kid? I like to keep an open mind but fucking a nine-year old is way off-limits! I don't even know what else to say about this. I really don't.

You think that's crazy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_youngest_birth_mothers

This sucks... I don't really know what else to say besides that.

How?!

What?!

I don't even...

WHAT IS THIS?!!!

How is this even possible?

I didn't even know it was physically possible for a 9 year old to give birth. The body isn't supposed to be developed enough at that age!!!

That's not even accounting for how wrong a 17 year old "dating" a 9 year old is. And here I though that young middle schoolers dating was a bit weird.

I need to go lie down.

Copper Zen:

This report coming to you from Copper Zen, the Escapist's Grand High Pooh-Bah and a member of the The Astral Projection Study Group, Brovengers, Cataholics Anonymous, Internet Bunker, Mod Forum and the Injustice League.

So... much... pretentiousness...

Okay, not that the story isn't a big deal, because it certainly is. But nobody has ever heard of any of those things. I'm just saying. You may be over-estimating the popularity of your internet persona juuust a bit.

Well, she's not the youngest person to give birth, but a body that young certainly isn't designed for it. I really hope her parents don't force her to carry it to term, because it could have serious medical implications for her. But knowing Mexico, they probably will. (Don't give me that look. It's not offensive if it's true. They're a very Catholic people.)

Casual Shinji:
So she's nine, but she didn't realize she was pregnant untill the seventh month? Just how big was this kid? I'm talking about the "mother", fyi.

But then maybe people mature super fucking fast down in Mexico, due to all those hormones they put in their chicken.

Pregnancy is different for everybody and some people dont gain all that much weight.

At first, I thought it was wrong.
But then again, I don't know the facts and am left to assume.
Perhaps it was a decent relationship? He wanted to raise the child with the mother up until she said no, and left to avoid the inevitable fallout. If it were like most other rape cases that I've studied about, wouldn't he have bailed the second he found out or after "the deed" was initially done?

Though there is no doubt that she was taken advantage of to some extent (or rather, a great extent because this isn't "just a little extent") in this case. She's nine. Completely incapable of viewing things in the same capacity that someone nearly twice her age is able to.

Don't agree with any of it, but I'm certain there's worse things that could have happened.
Though then again, he could have just been baiting her into some abandoned shack to rid of the evidence.

Jesus fucking Christ. I've just tried to type two sentences. Words can not describe the amount of what going through my mind.

this thread is so messed up I must use ponies to convay my thoughts
I saw this thread and was all image
I was taught most girls are unable to have babies till around 12 years
so I thought ok this cant get worse then I read about the 5 year old now if you excuse me

soren7550:

A nine year old is in no way shape or form ready for sex and childbirth, no matter how you try to cut it. I damn well knew about sex and the like when I was that age, but that doesn't mean that I was in any way ready for any kind of sexual encounters. Want to know why? Because nine year olds are not developed enough for it, physically or mentally. Even knowing about sex, all I cared about and could comprehend was Pokemon, Harry Potter, and some basic schooling.

yeah but at what age did you reach sexual maturity?
for all we know she could have some genetic disorder that rapidly aged her and could have the maturity of an 18 year old.
i touched on it a bit in this thread http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.397812-Poll-whats-creepier#16249235 but if the age of consent is 12 in mexico than that would make 11 year olds a moral grey area similar to how the average western country considers sex with 17 year olds and a 9 year old may very well be the equivalent of how we consider a 13 year old getting pregnant, which is to say pretty wrong but far from mind blowing.

girls mature pretty fast in my family and while i'll agree at age 9 they are not mentally mature enough for a sexual relationship in some cases they can look more sexually mature than the average 18 year old in my area

'Corona says the state prosecutor is "still open to the possibility of rape or child sex abuse."'

I'm not surprised she phrased it that way. For the sake of avoiding libel, you have to use weasel words like "possibility", "maybe", and "alleged". The truth is we don't know all the facts, and whilst statutory rape is the obvious logical conclusion, they aren't allowed to actually jump to conclusions.

Belated:

Copper Zen:

This report coming to you from Copper Zen, the Escapist's Grand High Pooh-Bah and a member of the The Astral Projection Study Group, Brovengers, Cataholics Anonymous, Internet Bunker, Mod Forum and the Injustice League.

Okay, not that the story isn't a big deal, because it certainly is. But nobody has ever heard of any of those things. I'm just saying. You may be over-estimating the popularity of your internet persona juuust a bit.

Do you know what the term "Grand Pooh-Bah" means? He's being ironic and self-deprecating.

Wasn't there a 9 year old that got molested by her father and became pregnant in South America a few years ago? Whatever hormones these people put in their food products, they need to stop.

maninahat:

Belated:

Copper Zen:

Do you know what the term "Grand Pooh-Bah" means? He's being ironic and self-deprecating.

Thank you.

And while I would disagree with Belated about nobody having heard of any of the groups I'm too amused at being accused of pretentiousness to care. Especially when there are badges for people who join like 50 User Groups. Why ANYONE would want to join that many groups for any reason except to earn a badge I have no idea.

I felt sick reading this. Ugh...

Copper Zen:

maninahat:

Belated:

Thank you.

And while I would disagree with Belated about nobody having heard of any of the groups I'm too amused at being accused of pretentiousness to care. Especially when there are badges for people who join like 50 User Groups. Why ANYONE would want to join that many groups for any reason except to earn a badge I have no idea.

Chill, people. I think you're interpreting the tone of my comment as angrier than I intended it. I honestly don't care if you put fifty titles in your name, and I had a suspiscion you were being ironic anyway, but I assumed if you were being ironic, you would take my comment in jest. I didn't intend to offend you.

Belated:

Chill, people. I think you're interpreting the tone of my comment as angrier than I intended it. I honestly don't care if you put fifty titles in your name, and I had a suspiscion you were being ironic anyway, but I assumed if you were being ironic, you would take my comment in jest. I didn't intend to offend you.

It sounds like my 'joke/sarcasm' detector was off. It happens when I wade through as much troll guano as is in this thread. My bad. :)

AuronFtw:
Third world countries are third world. Is this really news?

Lol did you actually call Mexico a third world country

come on

And this isn't isolated to places like Latin America. An 11 year old girl gave birth in France a few months ago. This particular incident is no where near the world record.

It happens. Some people happen to develop sexually much earlier, then they get raped and abused. It can't be much of a surprise. Not nice, but still.

AnarchistFish:

AuronFtw:

come on

Actually, Mexico is classified as a third world country, both by the term's now obsolete political definition and by its current economic definition.

LetalisK:

AnarchistFish:

AuronFtw:

come on

Actually, Mexico is classified as a third world country, both by the term's now obsolete political definition and by its current economic definition.

I'm sure that he was using "third world" in the same sense in which Ireland, Sweden, Finland and Switzerland are also third world. That makes sense.

And Mexico are relatively wealthy compared to the world as a whole. The general use of "third world" these days is just ignorant and black & white.

Aaron Sylvester:
Can someone please explain to me how a 9 year old is even CAPABLE of giving birth? Doesn't the menstrual cycle/etc start way later?

Some people develop before others I guess.

This story was covered on the Philip Defranco Show, where he said the record for the youngest mother was a 5 year old a few decades ago. I don't even need to begin to tell you how messed up THAT is.

AnarchistFish:

LetalisK:

AnarchistFish:

come on

I'm sure that he was using "third world" in the same sense in which Ireland, Sweden, Finland and Switzerland are also third world. That makes sense.

And Mexico are relatively wealthy compared to the world as a whole. The general use of "third world" these days is just ignorant and black & white.

I think it's safe to say he wasn't trying to point out that Mexico was neutral during the Cold War, as that is the only Third World definition that fits Ireland, Sweden, Finland, and Switzerland. (Edit: NM, that was your point. I thought it was understood he was using the economic definition, so your statement kind of confused me.)

And I'm not going to argue the merits of the economic definition since I find it wanting myself, but Mexico does officially qualify as a third world country, not just under common vernacular.

LetalisK:

AnarchistFish:

LetalisK:

I think it's safe to say he wasn't trying to point out that Mexico was neutral during the Cold War, as that is the only Third World definition that fits Ireland, Sweden, Finland, and Switzerland.

And I'm not going to argue the merits of the economic definition since I find it wanting myself, but Mexico does officially qualify as a third world country, not just under common vernacular.

I think you're missing the point

AnarchistFish:

LetalisK:

AnarchistFish:

I think it's safe to say he wasn't trying to point out that Mexico was neutral during the Cold War, as that is the only Third World definition that fits Ireland, Sweden, Finland, and Switzerland.

I already edited my post after re-reading what I wrote. If I still missed, please elaborate.

LetalisK:

AnarchistFish:

LetalisK:

I already edited my post after re-reading what I wrote. If I still missed, please elaborate.

Is third world an official economic term? I haven't heard it used as such.

Either way, the point, regardless of its actual definition, is that he was using the term to say this is something typical of countries like Mexico and presumably all other countries below the likes of USA, Canada, Western Europe, etc. Cos if Mexico is "third world", that pretty much splits the world into the uber rich countries and the rest. I.e. the "shitholes". Which is just an ignorant way of looking at the world.

Johnny Novgorod:

Copper Zen:
The search continues, according to authorities, for the baby's 17-year-old father, who may be criminally charged for having a sexual relationship with Dafne.

"MAY" be criminally charged? The hell?

yeah, I can't get my head around that ether.

but then I'm thinking the best way to handle this is find this pedophile and execute him on the spot.

Jayemsal:
BREAKING NEWS: Mexican courts are broken!

There is a very good reason I dont travel to Mexico, the primary one being that their laws are more or less guidelines, nobody actually cares.

So yea, a young girl is raped, gives birth (Must not be a legitimate rape, eh Todd Aiken?) and the world continues turning, interesting how this is usually justified using religion.

Step off the soap box. Religion was never mentioned, and by their religion (Catholic if they're like most of Mexico) this story should never have happened. You did what the OP asked not to do, and then proceeded to rant off-topic about Todd Aiken and religion. I should flag this, but I'm just too curious how far this goes.

AnarchistFish:

LetalisK:

AnarchistFish:

Either way, the point, regardless of its actual definition, is that he was using the term to say this is something typical of countries like Mexico and presumably all other countries below the likes of USA, Canada, Western Europe, etc. Cos if Mexico is "third world", that pretty much splits the world into the uber rich countries and the rest. I.e. the "shitholes". Which is just an ignorant way of looking at the world.

Go to Guaymas. When you come back, you'll have seen enough to take back that comment of your own volition.

Seriously... I got nothing!

HOW does stuff like this happen!? HOW THE HELL DO PEOPLE GET AWAY WITH SHIT LIKE THIS! (Even in mexico it's not legal!)

AnarchistFish:

LetalisK:

AnarchistFish:

Yup. It's often times used interchangeably with "developing country". Ironically, it's the latter that has problems with people calling it offensive.

Even though things are beginning to change, thankfully, I would actually agree that there is a bit of a divide between uber rich countries and "shitholes" with little middle ground as wealth was concentrated in a few countries with the rest not having nearly as much. It's still kind of this way, but like I said, it's beginning to change as more and more countries develop. The part I would contest is the illusion that the USA specifically is as far away from "shithole" status as you can get. The opposite is more likely.

LetalisK:
Even though things are beginning to change, thankfully, I would actually agree that there is a bit of a divide between uber rich countries and "shitholes" with little middle ground as wealth was concentrated in a few countries with the rest not having nearly as much. It's still kind of this way, but like I said, it's beginning to change as more and more countries develop.

There's lots of middle ground. Places like Morocco, South Africa, Brazil, Iran and Mexico. You can identify how developed countries are but splitting them into two groups and then dismissing the lower one completely is just wrong.

LetalisK:
The part I would contest is the illusion that the USA specifically is as far away from "shithole" status as you can get. The opposite is more likely.

I would never have said that though, lol

Nieroshai:
Go to Guaymas. When you come back, you'll have seen enough to take back that comment of your own volition.

I'm not talking about Guaymas. I'm talking about Mexico, as a whole. Of course there are more run down and poorer areas. Actually, you just support my point cos it shows that there are immense differences even within countries. So the idea of "third world countries" is seriously flawed.

AnarchistFish:

LetalisK:
The part I would contest is the illusion that the USA specifically is as far away from "shithole" status as you can get. The opposite is more likely.

I would never have said that though, lol

Oh, I didn't mean to imply you said that. I was addressing the "us vs shithole" mentality.

an annoyed writer:
What the fucking fuck? A fucking nine-year-old? The birth canal and everything aren't even developed yet, and someone decided "Hey! let's fuck that!"? I don't even.. Just how? Why? Who the hell is going to take care of the kid? I like to keep an open mind but fucking a nine-year old is way off-limits! I don't even know what else to say about this. I really don't.

I believe you've already ended this thread because seriously...

what the fuck?

I mean I saw this thread a good while ago but I needed to collect my thoughts and such and...

WHAT THE FUCK??

Seriously what the hell? How Why?

Know what, I don't want to know. Fuck Mexico. There's a reason why I don't want to meet my girlfriends family in that third world hell hole (no offence to any Mexicans here) and this exemplifies a good few of them.

Urgh.

Nine, I mean... fucking nine?!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked