Metal thread

Pages PREV 1 . . . 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 . . . 26 NEXT

Wasder:
The wednesday before last I saw Lamb of God. They were fkin awesome. Thought I'd share that.

Chris Adler on drums? When is it ever bad?

Falconer, Blind Guardian, ManOWar, Aelstorm, Amon Amareth, Demons and Wizards, Rhapsody of Fire.

I prefer the sound of the symphonic/folk metal to industrial.

So, just a quick update for anyone who cares:

It looks like we scored a distribution deal for our album, meaning it should be available in record stores around the world. The stores might not have the album in stock, but they can order it, and it shouldn't cost more than any other contemporary albums in your regions do.

It should be available somewhen around mid-may worldwide, I hope. I'll keep you updated when I know more.

Apart from that we've got another track online. Look at MySpace and YouTube.

Also, our Website is now available in english, too, although it's pretty much devoid of content right now.

I love Metal...in all it's forms....especially thrash metal...

I LOVE METAL!!!

Thrash Metal, Death Metal, Viking Metal, Doom Metal, Folk Metal, Classic Metal, Goth Metal, Symphonic Metal, Celtic Metal, Progressive Metal, Heavy Metal, its all fucking great!

I like some of the latter White Zombie and Fear Factory.

Whoracle:

It looks like we scored a distribution deal for our album, meaning it should be available in record stores around the world. The stores might not have the album in stock, but they can order it, and it shouldn't cost more than any other contemporary albums in your regions do.

It should be available somewhen around mid-may worldwide, I hope. I'll keep you updated when I know more.

Also, our Website is now available in english, too, although it's pretty much devoid of content right now.

Congratulations, that's damn good news. I'm liking the new song, there's some slight folk influence in some of the guitar parts. Who does the writing in the band? Is it just one person or more of a collaboration? Whoever wrote the intro to this new one knows what they're doing, i loved it. Not quite as good as Nevermore, but still pretty damn good.

*g* thanks. This one was done completely by me, except for the solo.
We've got two songwriters in the band, me and our rythm guitarist. We construct the basics of each song, and the rest (details, soli, keylines and breaks/inlays) tend to be collaborative efforts.

I'm into Amon Amarth, Dethklok (It's technically a real band), and I just got into Deicide.
I like a couple of Ensiferum songs, but folk metal isn't really my thing.
Band suggestions?

@: AdjectiveAnimal
Dying Fetus, Gnostic, Atheist, Cynic, Testament, Kataklysm, GWAR, Toxic holocaust, Municipal Waste, Sepultura

Whoracle:

I had a look at some of your stuff on Myspace and I've gotta say I'm rather liking it. Plus you get extra points for listing Dark Tranquility as an influence :p

fenrizz:
Metal? me loves it!

my favorite bands include, but are not limited to:

What, no Korplikaani?

DevilSaint44:
Well i like various genres. Such as power(Nightwish), viking(Ensiferum), black/viking(Enslaved), nü(Slipknot). I don't stick with one genre. I tend to be diverse about metal

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Nightwish isn't Power Metal, not close. Sonata Arctica is Power Metal.

berethond:

fenrizz:
Metal? me loves it!

What, no Korplikaani?

Korplikaani? uh oh
I must admit that the name ring no bells:/

Korpiklaani! They are an awesome Finnish band that have awesome songs about getting drunk and having lots of sex. What's not to love?

Alright so its symphonic power metal(i was close). I love korpiklaani too. Its my fave folk metal band

any norther fans in here?

I've recently gotten into Children of Bodom
anybody care to point me in the direction of similar bands?

would be much appreciated

I think I know why metallica hasn't been treating us well lately.. They have gotten a bit old.. Just look at Lars.

Used to be a metalhead, moved on to more harsh stuff, Grindcore/Spazzcore/Power Violence

Fav bands are: Locust, Some Girls, Daughters, NASUM, Spazz, DropDead, and Charles Bronson.

And im also quite partial to Deathcore/Death and a wee bit of metal, LoG new album is pretty good!

Mr. Self Destruct:

You might like a band called Into Eternity, and probably As I Lay Dying, but i imagine you might have heard of them, also a band called Sonic Syndicate.

Good to see some mentions of Dark Tranquillity in this topic. They are a bloody amazing metal band.

Their song 'On Your Time' gives me chills. They are fantastic. Melodic, experimental, death metal all in one great mix.

fenrizz:

berethond:

fenrizz:
Metal? me loves it!

What, no Korplikaani?

Korplikaani? uh oh

Be educated!

Noamuth:
Good to see some mentions of Dark Tranquillity in this topic. They are a bloody amazing metal band.

Their song 'On Your Time' gives me chills. They are fantastic. Melodic, experimental, death metal all in one great mix.

Saw them last time they were in Australia. That cemented my appreciation. Awesome gig.

ChickDangerous:

Noamuth:

Saw them last time they were in Australia. That cemented my appreciation. Awesome gig.

*shakes fist*

One day! One day I will finally happen to have money when a favourite band comes to Australia! Preferably before they break up!

berethond:

fenrizz:

berethond:

fenrizz:
Metal? me loves it!

What, no Korplikaani?

Korplikaani? uh oh

Be educated!
-snip-

Man, I need to start listening to these guys again. Forgot how fun they are.. I was really into them during a shitty part of my life, so I couldn't listen to them for ages afterwards.

But I think I can handle the awesomeness again. XD

Just gonna share some love for danish metal... There's a fair few really good bands.

HateSphere - Thrash with deathmetal and hardcore influences
Mercenary - Thrash inspired powermetal
Exmortem - Death Metal
Dawn of Demise - New York style death metal
Konkhra - death metal
As We Fight - Metalcore
Barcode - Hardcore

O277:

Mr. Self Destruct:

You might like a band called Into Eternity, and probably As I Lay Dying, but i imagine you might have heard of them, also a band called Sonic Syndicate.

ahh cheers man, they're all good and i've seen As I Lay Dying live before so all is good

I recently found my dad's old CD collection, so I've listened to it a LOT lately. Early Metallica and Megadeth, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden Black Sabbath, some glam like Motley Crue, Twisted Sister, and Bon Jovi. For more modern stuff, Kamelot, HammerFall, Nightwish, Raphsody of Fire, Dream Theater, sometimes even Opeth and Dimmu Borgir, despite my burning hatred of the growl.

Classic metal, like Metallica pre-Black Album, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath etc. The only new bands I like are The Sword, Dethklok, and Mastodon (one of my favorite bands).

I've just fallen in love with Ephel Durath

Italian progressive fusion band. So awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LidPLhEtIjg&feature=related

Mr. Self Destruct:

If you're looking for more melodic death metal, then try The Absence. Also have a look at Mors Principium Est, The Arcane Order and Prey for Nothing.

Protest the Hero. I can't get enough of these guys. This song got me hooked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAutUObokCM

pointsofprotest:

Vocals were pretty bad in my opinion,but that aside i find it a breath of fresh air.

pointsofprotest:

An all around amazing band; love these guys. Thought their stuff from 'Fortress' was better though.
Missed out on tickets when they played near to where I lived though :(

I'm currently listening to Diablo Swing Orchestra and Opeth ^^

pointsofprotest:

The loud-soft dynamic in the guitars and the general craziness kind of reminds me of Between the Buried and Me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-4ghKA0HTk

Pages PREV 1 . . . 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 . . . 26 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked