Experiment 0009 (Most likely discontinued)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Jumplion:

Decoy Doctorpus:
Looking good lads. I'll set you up with a link when my website is all done.

Pfft, I thought shameless advertising was above you?[/hypocrite]

I'd be more than happy to affiliate with you, just provide one of those cute little buttons that people click on and I can put it on my website.

Hey sorry I didn't mean for that to come off as a plug, I just made most of my suggestions regarding the site in that pm I sent you, I didn't want to repeat myself.

Decoy Doctorpus:

Jumplion:

Decoy Doctorpus:
Looking good lads. I'll set you up with a link when my website is all done.

Pfft, I thought shameless advertising was above you?[/hypocrite]

I'd be more than happy to affiliate with you, just provide one of those cute little buttons that people click on and I can put it on my website.

Hey sorry I didn't mean for that to come off as a plug, I just made most of my suggestions regarding the site in that pm I sent you, I didn't want to repeat myself.

Nah, it's okay, didn't mean to sound accusing either.

And FINALY, we get to the second page for this thread! What a milestone!

You may want to make an option to scroll to the next comic below the comic as well, it saves scrolling back up after you've read it.
Otherwise, this is great. Keep it up!

A small update here, apparantly I'm in a small sort of mini-contest for Rate n' Review. It's not a huge contest or something, but it's a start for the webcomic.

Join up at the site and vote and vote for us!

http://ratenreview.webs.com/ratereviewyourfav.htm

Don't forget, join up our website and support us with comments and viewings. Tell your friends about us to!

http://experimentnine.webs.com/

Tommorow's update should be on schedual and on relative time to being posted after I get back from school.

~Jumplion

Page 8 is now up!

Hyperlink

Just one more test for Nine. Don't think I need to go any further into this ;)
This one also nearly suffered the plainess of the other one. Once again, this is more filler than anything, but we need Nine to be tested on sterality, no?

We're still having probemswith how the comic is displayed, anyone have any ways to fix this problem?

~Jumplion

Visit out site at http://experimentnine.webs.com/ ! Don't forget to join up to!

Page 9 is now initiated!

Hyperlink

It seems that we have some conflict amongst our scientists...
I personally loved this comic. The effects and transitions with each panel are, I think, perfect. This also shows our first dramatic angle in panel 4! Still, it's not perfect, and I'll admit I went a little overboard with the dialouge, so any critique on this is most welcome.

Hold on to your seats, we're almost at the first fight scene! We'll need some extreme criticism on those.

April 10, 2009
We have a few updates right now;

1) A few changes have been going around in our website. Go ahead and sign up there to support us! Eventually we'll have to update solely on the website, so we'll be transferring most of the updates there. We'll still update here unless we don't think it's necessary anymore.

2) Vote for us! I've signed up the webcomic on Top Webcomics and The Webcomic List so be sure to vote for us and favorite us!
    Top Webcomics Page The Webcomic List Page

3) The offer to help us out with the website is still up. If you, or if you know someone who can make a good site fit for a webcomic with HTML, please let us know. This can range from just making "first" "last" "archive" buttons for navigation or it could be a complete overhaul of the current site.

That should be it for now, go ahead and vote for us!

Hum ... This seems fairly interesting. I read that you wanted help with the website. Perhaps make one with its own URL. That's actually rather cheap. I think about 30 bucks a year.

And servers .. Well I kinda have that, but it's in norway, though.

I have fair enough knowledge of HTML. Buttons and stuff aren't any problem, no problem making slightly fancy shit either. And besides, I have a dad that's a professional webdsigner, so there shouldn't be any problem there.

And I'd love to help you out with creating your own webpage if you wanted to.

Although ther is one problem left. I'm on the vessel -.-

Daye.04:
Hum ... This seems fairly interesting. I read that you wanted help with the website. Perhaps make one with its own URL. That's actually rather cheap. I think about 30 bucks a year.

And servers .. Well I kinda have that, but it's in norway, though.

I have fair enough knowledge of HTML. Buttons and stuff aren't any problem, no problem making slightly fancy shit either. And besides, I have a dad that's a professional webdsigner, so there shouldn't be any problem there.

And I'd love to help you out with creating your own webpage if you wanted to.

Although ther is one problem left. I'm on the vessel -.-

Sweet, I have a fan in norway...

I, being the cheap ass that I am, would prefer not to pay money for a site, but it's not completely out of the question. But I don't want to go super crazy with the websites just yet, so I'd be spending at maximum $5 at once for the comic. That and my dad would think that I'd be wasting my money.

And if you could/want, go ahead and help us out with the website. There's an option on the website I use that lets me completely downgrade the site into pure HTML, but the problem with that is once you do that you can't go back to the site builder. You can import custom HTML however.

So if you can help in any way at all, go for it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

~Jumplion

Jumplion:

Sweet, I have a fan in norway...

I, being the cheap ass that I am, would prefer not to pay money for a site, but it's not completely out of the question. But I don't want to go super crazy with the websites just yet, so I'd be spending at maximum $5 at once for the comic. That and my dad would think that I'd be wasting my money.

And if you could/want, go ahead and help us out with the website. There's an option on the website I use that lets me completely downgrade the site into pure HTML, but the problem with that is once you do that you can't go back to the site builder. You can import custom HTML however.

So if you can help in any way at all, go for it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

~Jumplion

Now I could hand you over with a custom made HTML, wich you could copy/paste. But as you know, there is like membership part of the whole thing, and I'm not sure how to deal with that. And as I'm not home, I can't really consult with my father either.

No, you don't right now we're in the caribean
=P

Daye.04:
Now I could hand you over with a custom made HTML, wich you could copy/paste. But as you know, there is like membership part of the whole thing, and I'm not sure how to deal with that. And as I'm not home, I can't really consult with my father either.

No, you don't right now we're in the caribean
=P

I'm not quite following you, so can or can't you help us out? Any help at all is appreciated no matter how small.

Jumplion:

I'm not quite following you, so can or can't you help us out? Any help at all is appreciated no matter how small.

Well, yeah. I can. To some extent. I can make a regular HTML based webpage. One with a comment section, and page shower and buttons and all that crap. But the one you have now is a bit too complex for me to creat similare to.In order for me to create something that supports mebers and etc, I'd have to concult with my father ..

Daye.04:

Jumplion:

Well, yeah. I can. To some extent. I can make a regular HTML based webpage. One with a comment section, and page shower and buttons and all that crap. But the one you have now is a bit too complex for me to creat similare to.In order for me to create something that supports mebers and etc, I'd have to concult with my father ..

Feel free to do whatever you can, I'm not pressuring you or anything. Just give us a heads up with any updates on the situation, any help is greatly appreciated.

Jumplion:

Feel free to do whatever you can, I'm not pressuring you or anything. Just give us a heads up with any updates on the situation, any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm not feeling any pressure. I'm happy with participating .. And, uhm .. I guess I could make sort of a prototype HTML code ... But I'm no where sure how the design is, and etc ...

Daye.04:

Jumplion:

I'm not feeling any pressure. I'm happy with participating .. And, uhm .. I guess I could make sort of a prototype HTML code ... But I'm no where sure how the design is, and etc ...

I'll give you a rough draft of what I intend the site to look like sometime, I'm lazy right now so I'll give you an MSPaint file showing what it would look like.

Jumplion:

I'll give you a rough draft of what I intend the site to look like sometime, I'm lazy right now so I'll give you an MSPaint file showing what it would look like.

Allright, listen. I took the liberty to add you on msn, with the adress from your profile. This is going to make it a hell of a lot easier, as for me to show you what I've gotten thus far, and you to give me the paint picture, and give feedback ...

Daye.04:

Jumplion:

Allright, listen. I took the liberty to add you on msn, with the adress from your profile. This is going to make it a hell of a lot easier, as for me to show you what I've gotten thus far, and you to give me the paint picture, and give feedback ...

I have an MSN address? Heh, I completely forgot about that! I hardly ever use it though, and I don't think I have MSN installed on all of my computers. But to make things easier, you can always go to the Escapist Chat room, I'm usually on there especially on weekends.

Jumplion:

I have an MSN address? Heh, I completely forgot about that! I hardly ever use it though, and I don't think I have MSN installed on all of my computers. But to make things easier, you can always go to the Escapist Chat room, I'm usually on there especially on weekends.

Allright, but listen. I don't think you understand the problem here. I'm on the vessel. Have you ever tried the internet connection from a vessel? Didn't think so. This is what you end up with. Internet pages with interactive content to that degree is really not the answer for me. MSN is the only thing I can maintain a somewhat stready connection with. Because it's a program that only centers around interactive chatting. If I have to download a refresh for the "page" everytime anyone says anything, it'll take years for me to respond.

I do believe it's a bit easier for you to switch computer or something, than it is for me to do anything of worth over the browser

Daye.04:

Jumplion:

Allright, but listen. I don't think you understand the problem here. I'm on the vessel. Have you ever tried the internet connection from a vessel? Didn't think so. This is what you end up with. Internet pages with interactive content to that degree is really not the answer for me. MSN is the only thing I can maintain a somewhat stready connection with. Because it's a program that only centers around interactive chatting. If I have to download a refresh for the "page" everytime anyone says anything, it'll take years for me to respond.

I do believe it's a bit easier for you to switch computer or something, than it is for me to do anything of worth over the browser

Ah, pft, doy, sorry for not understanding. My other computer has MSN though I hardly use both the computer and the program. I'll install MSN then, I'll PM you when I'm done.

Jumplion:

Ah, pft, doy, sorry for not understanding. My other computer has MSN though I hardly use both the computer and the program. I'll install MSN then, I'll PM you when I'm done.

No problem. I'm sorry if I sounded a bit mean or something. It's just that what you suggested was no where a possibility for me ...
Neat, thanks. Makes this whole thing a lot easier for me

Page 10 has been initiated!

Hyperlink

And thus, the fight begins!

I actually really like this comic though I don't know specifically why. 9's position in the 3rd panel is a little awkward and so is his fighting stance, but we'll see how it goes along now. And I probably should have chosen an opponent that had feet...

This also shows a new text bubble effect Fanboy tried out, he made all of the text bubbles slightly transparent so it wouldn't look like a big block in the middle of the panel.

Good news everyone!

Daye.04 has agreed to help us out in the making of our new website! Drop him a few PMs of encouragement and compliments or even some advice or help yourself! The website template so far is looking great, but there's always room for improvement, so if any of you want to help out in any way feel free to let us know!

~Jumplion

Groovy. I really like this, and I think it has quite a lot of potential. It's kind of like what XKCD would be if it focused on mostly serious storytelling.

The_Oracle:
Groovy. I really like this, and I think it has quite a lot of potential. It's kind of like what XKCD would be if it focused on mostly serious storytelling.

That's what I aim for this to be. Most webcomics I've seen nowadays are usually gag-comics that have a punchline and stuff. There aren't too many mature webcomics out there, and the ones that are mature are usually emo and depressing and stuff.

So hopefully this webcomic won't become like one of those comics. We'll have to wait and see.

Page 11, let the fight commence!

Hyperlink

Let the bloodshed ensue!

And so begins the whole fight scene. We're going to need as much criticism as we can get, so be as nit-picky as you can possibly be. This is the first fight scene, so there will be some problems because I can't go all whacky crazy just yet because, after all, it is only the first fight scene.

Later on it'll get more crazy and funky, but we would still adore some criticism of any kind.

My only issue with the fight scene is that with both parties being the same colour, it's a little difficult to see which limb is what. It's looking cool though generally.

galletea:
My only issue with the fight scene is that with both parties being the same colour, it's a little difficult to see which limb is what. It's looking cool though generally.

Don't worry, in latter fights, or in general, the enemy will be a different enough color to differentiate between people. I thought the opponent looked different enough to separate from each other, but I probably should have made him slightly gray or something.

Page the Twelfth (12th) is here!

The battle continues...

This particular comic isn't exactly one of my favorites, mainly because of the emptiness of it. We could have done alot to improve on it, but it'll have to do for now. I'd go so far as to say it's the worst one we've had right now, but I don't want to be overly critical, after all we're still learning.

And unfortunately, next week might POSSIBLY be missed of an update.......but hopefully that won't be the case and next week will update as usually. I won't make any promises though as things happen, and I get lazy >_>

The website is still in the works with Daye.04, but it's looking good so far! Stay tuned next week for the update, unless for some reason we don't, in which case we'll make it up with two updates indefinately.

Don't forget to vote for us!! We've got a nice little treat for voters, nothing to special ;)

The 13th page is up!

No fancy boldings or italics right now, sorry :P

Looks like we got this page up in time, good news for you guys! This went through a slight editing before it moved on, and overall I think it flows much better. But it could still do with some improvements.

Overall I like this one. Don't worry, the fight scene isn't over just yet even if the other guy did collapse, there's still a minimum of maybe 3 comics left. That's another thing I'll have to work on, the pacing of this comic. We wouldn't want it to drag out too long or be too short, so that'll be something to learn along the way.

Tune in next week for page 14!

~Jumplion

Sorry for the late update guys, the Escapist wouldn't load for me (probably from renovations that it's going under) and my computer decided to crap itself out so now I need to use my backup harddrive, which unfortunately, does not have the files I use for the comic. but don't fret, I should be able to transfer the data to the harddrive.

So the comic should be up tommorow/later today, don't worry, we're not getting out of schedule....hopefully...

Page 14, it's almost over!

Alrighty, my computer has just been restored along with the files I use on it. Meltdown averted! Sorry for the late update, the problem with my PC couldn't be averted in time, but better late then never.

I really like this comic right here, Fanboy did an excellent job with the effects and the *ehem* vomit.

School is almost over for me, so being able to update twice a week shouldn't be too far off the horizon.

Stay tuned next week for page 15!

~Jumplion

Page 15 is up. Chapter 1 comes to a close!

And thus is the end of the first chapter! It's been a great couple of weeks with this comic and I'm glad that it's gotten this far in general. I never would have thought that I would even make 15 seconds into this project that I personally undergoed. Hell, I thought we were going to get off schedule in the first 5 pages.

There's still a long way to go, so who knows what is going to happen in the later chapters. Either way, it's been really great and I hope Fanboy and I can continue doing this. Any constructive criticism in the first 15 pages/first chapter in this comic will be greatly appreciated, no matter how small.

As always, Fanboy did an excellent job at the effects. Give him a big round of applause for being able to make the comics on time!

Sorry guys, but the comic won't be updated tomorrow as is usually scheduled

Instead, the comic will be updated Monday and hopefully get back on track. Don't worry, it's not going to be one of those "now it's updated once every two weeks!............every month.............whenever I feel like it..........." deals.

....at least, I hope it won't...

The reason for the delay is mainly due to school work and summer vacation nearing closer and closer. I've been slightly busy, (mainly lazy) but the comic will be updated on Monday indefinitely.

Jumpy out.

~Jumplion

Chapter 2 has begun!

Page 16

Well, page 16 is here as promised. Sorry for the late late update, I was obviously watching the Microsoft E3 press conference which was nice to say the least.

Anyway, nothing more really needs to be said (except I hope Sony's conference trumps MS's!) so here's page 16.

Enjoy!

~Jumplion

NITROX:
AgC2N2612027I

An extremely heavy compound made via a complicated and highly energy-intensive Heavy Aqueous Sulphiric Acid reaction with iodine and carbinde ions, is a neurobiological supplement to the bloodstream, carried by Nanorobots that chemically mimic enzymes that normally administrate adrenalin. The coumpound is specifically designed to work in a similar way to adrenalin except instead of accelerating muscle and thinking functions, it directly supplys oxygen to the muscles and retains energy from nerve cells with the gold atom in the molecule acting as a sub-superconductor, dramatically accelerating nervous response in the body.
Due to the mimicing of the nanorobots to Adrenalin-inducing enzymes such as phosphorylase kinase, it is hard to detect it as seperate from Adrenalin.

It is typically injected directly into the liver where the body distributes it as it would other horomones and enzymes. If taken orally it passes through the digestive system uselessly and harmlessly, weighed down from being accepted by the intestines due to the gold. The maximum dosage for an average healthy human being is approximately 10MiL. (10 microlitres, 0.000,01L). if the dosage exceeds this it may begin to clot with other molecules of itself in capilliarys, leading eventually to dangerous internal bleeding in the lungs.

Anarchemitis:

NITROX:
AgC2N2612027I

An extremely heavy compound made via a complicated and highly energy-intensive Heavy Aqueous Sulphiric Acid reaction with iodine and carbinde ions, is a neurobiological supplement to the bloodstream, carried by Nanorobots that chemically mimic enzymes that normally administrate adrenalin. The coumpound is specifically designed to work in a similar way to adrenalin except instead of accelerating muscle and thinking functions, it directly supplys oxygen to the muscles and retains energy from nerve cells with the gold atom in the molecule acting as a sub-superconductor, dramatically accelerating nervous response in the body.
Due to the mimicing of the nanorobots to Adrenalin-inducing enzymes such as phosphorylase kinase, it is hard to detect it as seperate from Adrenalin.

It is typically injected directly into the liver where the body distributes it as it would other horomones and enzymes. If taken orally it passes through the digestive system uselessly and harmlessly, weighed down from being accepted by the intestines due to the gold. The maximum dosage for an average healthy human being is approximately 10MiL. (10 microlitres, 0.000,01L). if the dosage exceeds this it may begin to clot with other molecules of itself in capilliarys, leading eventually to dangerous internal bleeding in the lungs.

Huh, I wasn't that far off with the Nitrox effects (unless you made that up), I feel smart :D

But wait, this must be criticism in disguise! Hmm, yes, I see, I should probably do a bit more research in my sciency stuff.

Jumplion:

But wait, this must be criticism in disguise! Hmm, yes, I see, I should probably do a bit more research in my sciency stuff.

No actually I made that up on the spot, and it's not criticism, it's fan additional content.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked