Serial Killer Round 82: Night of the Hunt (Closed, Cycle 7)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . . . 31 NEXT

Giving the voters a whole day to vote before we move on.

08/06/2017 12:00 AM UTC

We need to finance an ad campaign to get all the young uns out to the polls

"When the blood calls, will you answer?"

altnameJag:

I've answered and it has answered back. :) So many things you all don't see~

I voted. But I took no pleasure in doing so.

Meanwhile the Beast awaits - laughing.

All is quiet in the Hunter's Dream it seems...

Too quiet...

Programmed_For_Damage:
I voted. But I took no pleasure in doing so.

Arnoxthe1:

altnameJag:

You have like two more insight then him. Think you are starting to split hairs with your fanaticism

Rorschach's Journal - August 5th, 2017

Dog carcass in alley this morning, cartwheel tread on burst stomach. This city's afraid of me. I've seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood. And when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. Now the whole world stands on the brink staring down into bloody hell. All of a sudden nobody can think of anything to say. Beneath me, this awful city, it screams like an abattoir full of retarded children. And the night reeks of fornication and bad consciences.

Still no signs of who is to blame for killings. Failing to protect comrades at exponential rate, need to find perpetrator for crimes as fast as possible. Arnox seems suspicious, trust the Bat that he's goading us in to acting upon eccentric behavior. Possibly crying for attention? Unlikely given violent situation, unless completely deranged. Suspected SupahEwok at first due to strange behavior, misinterpreted sarcasm it seems, may he rest.

New suspect found by group, in case investigation yields other results, may need to protect possible next victim. Need to preserve what little humanity left in forsaken hellhole.

kenu12345:

Arnoxthe1:

altnameJag:

You have like two more insight then him. Think you are starting to split hairs with your fanaticism

No, no, no~ I mean the rest of the blundering peeps here with little Insight. :) altnameJag is one of us~

Sorry for the delay, i've been pretty busy ... I will try to do the announcement tonight after work on who got executed. In the mean time, if you haven't voted yet- PLEASE vote so that I don't have to give you any warnings @ _ @

Arnoxthe1:

kenu12345:

No, no, no~ I mean the rest of the blundering peeps here with little Insight. :) altnameJag is one of us~

What if- now hear me out... we all worked together to test to figure out who the beast is? Drown em a little, do the tests in the order of showing up... you know. All orderly. (*Still thinks it was diablo and we're dealing with a copycat now.*)

Anti-American Eagle:
What if- now hear me out... we all worked together to test to figure out who the beast is? Drown em a little, do the tests in the order of showing up... you know. All orderly. (*Still thinks it was diablo and we're dealing with a copycat now.*)

Agreed. A pinch of salt in their mouths and the should be ready to turn.

The Raw Shark:

Anti-American Eagle:

I say we dab ghost pepper hot sauce in everyone's mouths

kenu12345:

I say we dab ghost pepper hot sauce in everyone's mouths[/quote]

Only trying to scare the traitor in to revealing themselves, not risking killing everyone in the process.

kenu12345:

The Raw Shark:

Anti-American Eagle:

I say we draw a sample of everyone's blood and expose it to a hot iron. That's never gone wrong in the past...

Programmed_For_Damage:

kenu12345:

The Raw Shark:

I say we draw a sample of everyone's blood and expose it to a hot iron. That's never gone wrong in the past...

A novel idea! Though I really wish I got that reference

kenu12345:

Programmed_For_Damage:

You should really watch John Carpenter's The Thing.

And also In the Mouth of Madness and Prince of Darkness, to round out the Apocalypse trilogy.

...? Im still not dead yet?

gigastar:

If it makes you feel better I voted to execute you.
*Revs Whirligig Saw*

MiskWisk:

gigastar:

If it makes you feel better I voted to execute you.
*Revs Whirligig Saw*

Oh you.

*Preps Boomhammer*

.... Hmm, eight people didn't bother to vote despite my announcements and even giving them additional time. If this continues on, everyone who doesn't vote will be killed off as the rules state. This is unfortunate for you active Hunters because it will definitely trim down the numbers and make it easier for The Beast to win.

I knew i was taking a chance when i asked the question.

I knew others were doing the same thing.

I knew something would answer.

But i didnt know that The Great One would endow an ordinary Hunter in such a great capacity.

Then i started to see... things that others couldnt make sense of. Things that others couldnt accept.

Perhaps i knew too much in the end, and the others came for me in fear for their ignorance.

And given what i saw, i couldnt blame them.

As for the Insight mechanic, if its being kept for the next round then instead of immediately going mad after getting 20, after going over 20 start rolling D20's and then add insight to it, if the result is over 40, thats madness.

And push up the requirement for the warping to 20 as well. Doesnt really make sense for someone to be seeing things that others cant and be totally safe from actual madness at the same time.

altnameJag:

kenu12345:

Programmed_For_Damage:

You should really watch John Carpenter's The Thing.

And also In the Mouth of Madness and Prince of Darkness, to round out the Apocalypse trilogy.

Oh yeah, I think I seen the remake of the thing when I was a wee lad. Barely remember anything bout it. Mayhaps I should watch the original

gigastar:
As for the Insight mechanic, if its being kept for the next round then instead of immediately going mad after getting 20, after going over 20 start rolling D20's and then add insight to it, if the result is over 40, thats madness.

And push up the requirement for the warping to 20 as well. Doesnt really make sense for someone to be seeing things that others cant and be totally safe from actual madness at the same time.

I disagree with ya there. That makes it to where there isn't really no risk for people when they first take insight even after 10 round (A majority of the people dead) thus easily abusing the system. I think Frappe's system is perfectly fine. Actually risk vs reward. You just got unlucky

Are we waiting on someone to write their death then?

Banana has gotten really confused as to where we are at right now cycle-wise. I tried to explain to him that the votes have been tallied so someone has been killed but they haven't posted their death yet but he doesn't believe me...

>.> <.< >.>

A shame really, that our good hunter gigastar had to be put down for good ...

No one could even recognize him anymore ... the insight had manifested and transformed him into a mad man who was drunk for blood. He had slaughtered countless men, women, and children across Yharnam, mistaking them for beasts. The execution was swift, but unsatisfying ... for no Hunter should ever have to kill one of his own. But, alas, the man now rests peacefully and the group can again focus on tracking down The Beast ... of course, if they aren't hunted down first.

Those who have roles may act accordingly unless otherwise, starting with The Beast making a move.

tippy2k2:
Are we waiting on someone to write their death then?

Doesnt seem the beast as made their move yet.

kenu12345:

gigastar:

I disagree with ya there. That makes it to where there isn't really no risk for people when they first take insight even after 10 round (A majority of the people dead) thus easily abusing the system. I think Frappe's system is perfectly fine. Actually risk vs reward. You just got unlucky

Ok so put the warping threshold to 15, and the madness roll starts at 40 but counts down one for each hunter who is executed, counts down two if a hunter with a role is executed, and counts up two if the church/lawyer is executed.

Caramel Frappe:
.... Hmm, eight people didn't bother to vote despite my announcements and even giving them additional time. If this continues on, everyone who doesn't vote will be killed off as the rules state. This is unfortunate for you active Hunters because it will definitely trim down the numbers and make it easier for The Beast to win.

I can't think of a more appropriate use of this video. I don't need to warn anyone that as it's South Park it is borderline offensive and mysogynistic, but it's done in jest.

Another innocent dead. A casualty of war. The body count is rising and I sense deception. image

JUMBO PALACE:
Another innocent dead. A casualty of war. The body count is rising and I sense deception. image

Great. Dick Face and Dark McBroody Face team up~ Who can stop us now?

Programmed_For_Damage:
it is borderline offensive and mysogynistic

Nobody cares, dear. :)

Arnoxthe1:
Great. Dick Face and Dark McBroody Face team up~ Who can stop us now?

Hurm.

JUMBO PALACE:
I'M BATMAN

Fine if we throw him down elevator shaft?

Arnoxthe1:

Programmed_For_Damage:
it is borderline offensive and mysogynistic

Nobody cares, dear. :)

Glad to see we're all on the same page. Now, back to the matter of slaying the beast.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . . . 31 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here