A New World, with new conflicts ACCEPTING see inside for details.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

BloodyThoughts:
-snip-

Commander Farco accepts the invitation to visit Fedoria

Quad08:

BloodyThoughts:
-snip-

Good news to hear! You may come and visit Fedoria at any time. Just remember, this is strictly for government matters Commander Farco.

BloodyThoughts:

Quad08:

BloodyThoughts:
-snip-

Good news to hear! You may come and visit Fedoria at any time. Just remember, this is strictly for government matters Commander Farco.

Well everything seems well in Valoria at the moment...I'd be happy to visit now

Fury Is Me.:
King Archie F. Ury begins to hear about the people of New San Marcos becoming unhappy about their King and decides to take a little trip there to start a small underground union devised to overthrow King Joseph and make New San Marcos a colony of Menaria! >:D

"My big brother cameras and secret thought police are searching for your little rebellion! Once they find it, I will crush you, and declare war on your little Menaria!"

(Ignore.)

So! What have my informants brought back?

"Well Sire, it seems there's some rebels in a bordering nation. Also the kitchen is out of flapjacks."

...No more flapjacks?

"No Sire, shall we send for more?"

Yes! Right away!

Souldemon8:
Declare Martial Law and use military to deal with rebellions. Using lethal force if necessary.

It was a minor up rising compred up of 200 exstreamist, you quick actions impressed your nations people and they feel alot safer now.

That and your citizens liked the fact that a neibouring counrty sent men to help, the public has now offical become warm to your neibouring country

Alpha Centauri:

CounterAttack:
President Sanderson addresses the nation, saying he will introduce a bill to decrease tertiary education costs by 25% for students doing a bachelor's degree, and by 35% for those taking a Masters or PHD. Again, he conducts polls to gauge the reactions of his people.

The people seem overjoyed at this proposal. More and more people are getting post-secondary education, although the very poor still can't afford it, and the very rich are insulted that they have to go to school with such 'rabble', things are working out.

Except: With the lower cost of tuition, the schools are going under, they simply can't afford the wages demanded by the proff, and there is no way in hell they are risking a contract dispute, so their only option left is requesting government money to fund the difference, left by the bill. (I know you're away so if you don't respond by time I make tomorrow's problems, then I give you a day's peace.)

President Sanderson draws money from each department's funding other than Education and transfers it to Education, to balance them out evenly and allow the government to fund the difference in costs. However, this requires additional governmental income, so he intends to decrease the minimum wage for workers under 18 from $15/hour to $12.50/hour to accommodate this.

In summary, each department has equal funding, and I would think Alahendra can afford to pay the residual from its governmental funds.

Sorry guys, I have 3 essays due tommarrow and I and exausted from school and after-school stuff. There will be no Nations updates today, tomarrow it will resume as normal, sorry about that guys.

elementsoul:
Name: Foinix
Government Style: Democracy (my party holds a majority vote.)
Ruler Name: Dante Whitney

Resources Spice, Marble, and Lead

axle 19:
Name: Caeladon
Government Style: Dictatorship
Ruler: King Maraxus

Resources: Gems, Wine, and Oil.

Quad08:
Name: Volaria

Ruler Name: Robert Farco

BloodyThoughts:
Name: Fedoria

Government Style: Communism

Name: George Vasqual

sky14kemea:

Name: Fulland
Government Style: Monarchy
Ruler Name: Tillandro Muero

CounterAttack:

Name: Alahedra
Government Style: Democracy
Ruler Name: President Cyrus Sanderson

Sentinel10:
Name: New San Marcos
Government Style: Constitutional Monarchy
Ruler Name: King Joseph San Marcos

Souldemon8:
Name: Astricore
Ruler Name: Aaron Bishop

Fury Is Me.:
Snip

Alpha Centauri:
Ok sorry about that guys, but even god needs a break :D

elementsoul:

You go on campaines, kiss babies, all that stuff, your people seem to be happy with how your countries, but as the polls draw closer and closer, the issues become tighter and tighter.

With the recent Reble attack in a neighbouring country, your people wish to hear your position on the case. Most say that the leader is in the wrong, although there are also say that the rebles are in the wrong.

axle 19:

News reaches your cournty about New Sans Morcos, and the people, albeit quitely, strongly agree with the rebles, they feel opressed, by thier current government style, and wish for nothing more than a constution, at least, there are anomous call for the government to make an statement about the incident.

Quad08:

Your troops are in Astricore, at the resquest of their leader, although the people do not want them their, their leader has not sent out, and as far as your know still want them their.

Thier is growing concern with in your population, that the country (Volaria) fiddles to must in international polotics, and should stay out of other peoples stuff.

As the new hits you reigon, about New Sans Morcos, your people are recomfimered again that they want nothing to do with it.

BloodyThoughts:

You finish your speech and your people cheer, and rejoice, you have inspired you population and your country is on the go again.

But as new reaches your homeland, from New Sans Morco, you military adviors would like you form a postion and side with either the government or the rebles, this, they say, could be a chance to spred communism.

sky14kemea:

Gaurd are stped up and crime is decreaded, as news reaches your country about the reblion happening in New Sans Morcos, a lot of your people throw their support behind the rebles, and wish you to formulate an opinoion on the situation. With a lot of public support behind the rebles, it probaly be unwise to support the government.

CounterAttack:

All works out for although peopole are anrgy that the minum wage has lowered, they aren't of voteing age and you have agined recongiotion form the bissness as they have more money to work with. Your econmomy has gained a boost.

But your people wish for you to issue a statement about the Nation of New San Marcos, as news of the attack reaches you country.

Sentinel10:

ATTACKS! Tensions have finaly broken, as the trade unions goes on strike, and start to riot, shutting down half you economy, you have recived reports that rebles have attacked you main power staion in the south, causeing your southern parts to plunge into darkness. They met little resitance as power plants where not protected.

How ever in the north rebles have attacked an armory, conficts between your brave soilders and the rebled were firce, and in the end result you soilders won, barely.

Death Toll
23 Civilians
50 Soilders
49 Rebles

Souldemon8:

With the rebleion crushed, hopefuly, your people now want the foringe troops too leave, as they do not like it and i makes them nervous.

Fury Is Me.:
Snip

Your health care reform has done wonders, insucance companies dont fear banruptcy and people dont fear insucance, and the nesscary taxs dollars were funed becuase there is still a bit of cost involed.

But as news of the the attacks, reach your country, your people sympathise with the rebles who only want a better life for them and their fellow pepople. And there are some who just dont care. Recent polls have stated that 37% Support the rebles, 13 % support the government, and 50% do not want to fiddle with other countries problems.

With the recent comabt, it is now time for me to exslaine how the military will work. THIS IS VIATAL.

Right now you militaries are all the same you each have

100 Special Operations untis
1000 Regular Forces
10000 Resverists

The key to victory in any country is the people, the main statement in this game is "Keep the people happy and they will keep you in power"

If you as an invadeing army, take out the hospitals, schools, ect. the people will blame either thier government for not protecting them or you for doing it. 3 turns before you attack will determine who the populations will favor. If their has been recent disuptes and the populations feels cheated or opressed, then they will favor the liberators. If how ever they do not, and see you as invaders they will favor their government.

Now, THIS IS WHAT I NEED FROM YOU!

Your naition is divied up into, 4 sectors, North south east and west, what I need you the PM me is, in what sector, is your major hospital, your capital, your intellagnce agency, and your military base. They can all be in one place or each in their own.

To delcare war all you have to do is tell me if you want it to be a secreat, or delcare war on someone.

Say which area you are going into and what you are attacking, each area has, schools road, briges, train stations, power plants ect. The goal is to deastroy each of the 4 main thing in each region. Doing so will further cripple you opponet.

Now how will the battle work? Well Im the main factor, I take into account how the popluation feels about either side, the strength of the military, and whether or not any of the main building have been taken or not. If all four building are caputer or destroyed, the that player's nation has colapesed, and he unforeutnely has lost this RP, think of it, as dieing, in anthoir RP.

Just on a side note, I hold no biased to any particular player, and will fairly evalutate each battle.

It is not the objective to get other players, out of the game, but if you want to try, I wont hold you back, just remeber if you loose a war, you are at the mercy of them, and you could be out of the game.

Volaria

"Dear citizens, I have heard your pleas and have considered your wishes. It is true that for the past few months, we have been the center of many international policies but now I understand, and as should the world, that Volaria has her own problems at home. At the end of the month, our military troops in Menaria will return home. One month should be enough for the good King to get his people together. Thank you good citizens, for your understanding"

Caeladon

"Citizens, Friends, Soldiers, I come before you today to answer your thoughts about the recent incident in New San Marcos. Now while it is true the rebels have risen up against their ruler, they have by no means succeeded and it will be a long and bloody time for them. In the interest of avoiding this I have laid the ground work for a declaration of individual rights for each and every person in my country. I want everyone to know that we have existed as a country for hundreds of years and we will endure. Yes, there is talk of rebellion in other countries but we are not them, we are different, united under one flag and standing behind one ideal. I am a benevolent ruler and I will address the needs of my people, but above all we will endure!"

Alpha Centauri:
Gaurd are stped up and crime is decreaded, as news reaches your country about the reblion happening in New Sans Morcos, a lot of your people throw their support behind the rebles, and wish you to formulate an opinoion on the situation. With a lot of public support behind the rebles, it probaly be unwise to support the government.

"Sire! The townspeople wish to hear a speech on the Sans Marcos situation."

Can a King not eat his cereal in peace, Squire?

"It's rather urgent..."

Very well!

Citizens of Fulland! I come before you today to speak on the rebel rising in our neighbouring city of New San Marcos. Now I know many of you sympathise with the rebels, who are fighting against their government. Fighting for their freedom, fighting for their rights, fighting to regain their country! Rest assured the actions there have not avoided my gaze, I hope to restore peace in New San Marcos any way I can. Please be at ease in knowing that action is being taken.

Also... Please don't feed the crows near the fountains. Bread isn't good for them. That is all.

axle 19:
-snip-

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.55865-BBcode-and-you

Lots of useful info here about bolding, coloring and more.

New San Marcos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Speech By King San Marcos:
"My people! I am aware some of you are unhappy. *ducks to avoid beer bottle* Very unhappy. But that is okay! You have the right to be! The recent fighting has been a major problem. But, the cause is clear. It is obviously the work of the vile Menarians! They and their people pollute our great country by sending their poorest across our borders and taking all of our jobs! They are responsible for the recent strikes, and the terrorists who attacked the Darios Power Plant! So do not direct your anger at me. Direct it at the Menarian Menace!"

Alpha Centauri:
Snip

Hmmm, the spread of Communism would be a good thing for this world...
But, I have no idea what the New Sans Morco government has been doing. If they have been mistreating their citizens, then they don't deserve the help of everyone else.

We shall wait it out. See how bad it gets then act. In the meantime I would like to pay this...King Joseph San Marcos a visit. I want to hear from him how he at least tries to treat his citizens.

King Archie Adresses the public on Menaria.

"Friends! I understand that some of you disagree with the rebels in New San Marcos, and some of you are undecided, but think about this! Their ruler is corrupt and selfish! They basically live in squander while he enjoys lifes luxuries! How can we let our own neighbors, nay, our fellow human beings suffer? We are all the same and we all demand to be treated fairly! That's why I say we should support these rebels in taking down their ruler! WHO'S WITH ME?!"

Alpha Centauri:

elementsoul:

You go on campaines, kiss babies, all that stuff, your people seem to be happy with how your countries, but as the polls draw closer and closer, the issues become tighter and tighter.

With the recent Reble attack in a neighbouring country, your people wish to hear your position on the case. Most say that the leader is in the wrong, although there are also say that the rebles are in the wrong.

Dante makes a public announcement stating that he and his government don't support either side of the rebelling. Dante also states that due to disagreements with how the leader of that country that his country is current suspending trade with the country.

Alpha Centauri:

CounterAttack:

All works out for all, though people are angry that the minimum wage has lowered, they aren't of voting age and you have gained recognition from the businesses as they have more money to work with. Your economy has gained a boost.

But your people wish for you to issue a statement about the Nation of New San Marcos, as news of the attack reaches your country.

An Address to the Nation is written and broadcast, assuring the citizens that the rebellion will be contained. President Sanderson orders the Alahendran military to be ready for anything, in case the rebels gain strength, or New San Marcos petitions for assistance.

News of the address is brought to King Archie's attention and he decides to call a secret metting with the President of one of his allied nations. He invites President Cyrus over to Menaria.

President Sanderson accepts the invitation, and visits Menaria with a small retinue of his personal bodyguard.

Archie welcomes President Cyrus with a traditional Menarian welcome, which includes CAKE!
Then they enter King Archie's castle and go into his study and begin the meeting...

Alpha Centauri:

HELLO Nations! :D It is Thursday April 1st 8:07am where I am, and guess what is happening on this glorious day! Alines are invading you world! You have no chance of survival! Wooo!
<.< >.> -_-

Ok on to the serrious part, one of you has elcetions today, I will PM you, but for everyone else (who isn't under rebel attack) must reform their budgit. Feel that in the air, thats all the accountans in the world getting excited ;D

This is how it will work, their is 100% of your budget you must fill, you can divy up that 100% any way you like in these following catagories.

Health
Education
Public Safty
Military
Transportation
Civil Services
Wellfare/Social Securities
Enviorment
Your Private Estate

As for you peoples reaction to your positions on the New San Morocs, I will be getting to that latter in the day.

Also someone ask about currency, make up your own, becuase as your economy grows or falls, then you money will reflect it.

And if alliances want to take a Major step, they can unify thier curencies kind of like the Euro, it up to them, but be warned you're putting your economy with that of another nation, and even if your is going strong, the other country can pull the money down.

elementsoul:

axle 19:

Quad08:

BloodyThoughts:

sky14kemea:

CounterAttack:

Sentinel10:

Souldemon8:

Fury Is Me.:
Snip

...Hehe, Kings don't have elections ^(-w-^) (I hope... >_>)

Okay, I will PM a budget soon, Thanks for the heads up!

Edit: My currency is Peseta's, shortened to Peso. =P

Alpha, I'll PM a budget and sector layout soon, 'cos I forgot to PM you that.

The Alahendran currency is the Gold Phoenix, coinage with the stylized image of a phoenix in flight.
See what I did there? Yeah, you do. XD

CounterAttack:
Alpha, I'll PM a budget and military soon, 'cos I forgot to PM you my military forces.

The Alahendran currency is the Gold Phoenix, coinage with the stylized image of a phoenix in flight.
See what I did there? Yeah, you do. XD

That's cold man. I was going to use a phoenix on mine because my country's name translates to phoenix in Greek.

I then must use the word Hunuif for my currency. I actually just hand palmed that one on my keyboard. Go figure.

Alpha Centauri:
-snip-

Forgot to add this but Volarian currency is called the Vola

Menaria's currency is the Xista, and cents are, Vens. (I.E. 1 Xista is equal to 1 dollar in Menaria and a Ven is equal to a penny.)

New San Marcos currency is known as Marcos. (Yes, Joseph San Marcos' ego IS that big.)

Caelodon's currency is the Denarian.

As soon as President Sanderson returns to Alahendra, after his meeting with King Archie of Menaria, he immediately requests an urgent conference with King Muero and Commander Farco.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked