Rate the song above you!

Pages PREV 1 . . . 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 . . . 99 NEXT

9/10

Demon Days is a bloody brilliant album. While Oh Green World is not the best song on that album I really like those scratchy electronica sounds , the almost experimental use of effects contrasting with that persistent rhythm. It has direction without being too experimental yet manages to surprise more often than not. Very good song.

How about grindcore....among other things....?

4/10

I don't listen to bands with screams much, and this song's outlines a reason why. The screams just seem to be thrown in there for the hell of it, and it makes the song a bit of a pain to listen to.

Now... to be hypocritical...

6/10 Great apart from the growling, which I've never really liked anyway. The core melody was pretty good and variations were applied quite well.

6/10

Peaceful and solid vocals, otherwise... eh.

7.5/10

Rocks pretty good. I like chiptune more often than not and this one works really well. It has a lot of power behind it and stays varied enough most of the time. Gets a little bit obnoxious with time, though.

How about a classic rock song?

8/10

Was a little worried at the beginning with the lead's awkward vocals, but the song ended up being pretty solid all the way through.

Now... GRAFITTI!

5/10. That was kind of boring, and annoying, but gets points for being catchy.

5/10. I took nothing away

6/10

The guy just sounds absolutely bored while singing. Yeesh.

5/10

I generally dislike musicals. Most of the time they just sound cheesy and put pompousness before what they are trying to convey, relying too much on chorus, a multitude of singers and rather simple song structures. It's very rare for me that I can look past that, and unfortunately this is not the case here. I have to admit, though, that some of the vocalists here sound brilliant.

And being the eternal hypocrite that I'am, how about concept album that is essentially a musical - but with metal and a panopticon of well-known singers of the trade?

4/10
Nup didn't work for me.
I'm normally a fan of over blown; big sounding rock/metal concept things but this didn't catch my ear. Can't really explain why though.

Saw these guys the other weekend and it was very feel good.

6.5/10. I really liked the gospel vibe that the song got as it rolled along, but all in all, it was just a hair too folksy for my taste.

7/10, I liked it.

Is alright 6.5/10

9/10

Always loved this anime and this opening always made me excited at like 3:00am when I could watch it. Nostalgia aside, love the symphony of the instruments and the laidback feel to it.

7/10 I've never gotten in to the really heavier Metal before and now I know why; It's the screaming; Because that was good. the guitars actually had an melody instead of just shredding the entire song and yeah good instra-metal.

Woah this was a lot more heavy a film clip than I was expecting. Shit.

7/10, very good, and the video was really awesome.

4.5/10

Boring rock of the derivative variant. Singer sounds like one of the hundreds that you can hear everyday on the radio and it's for the most part cheesy and artificially soft. It does pick up a bit after the second minute where the guitar gets more active and the song becomes a bit more powerful. Still, for the most part it's just uninspired.

How about a German hardrock hit-single from 1997?

3.5/10. "German hardrock hit single from 1997" is superficially one of the most unappealing phrases you could have said. The song wasn't quite what I expected, but it still isn't something I would ever listen to by choice.

6/10 not too bad, but a little bit boring.

3/10
Yeah not my kind of music, also the guitar at the beginning is terrible annoying

0/10. I hate that song with the burning intensity of 1000 suns.

7/10

It was alright. The lead sounded a little strained, but everything else worked well together. Nothing about the song really stood out for me.

5/10. Fine, but not really interesting.

7.5/10

I like Muse and I really like Black Holes and Revelations. That song, however, never really got to me for some reason.

How about horror-themed 70s prog-rock from 2011?

5.5/10 It started out good but then it just didn't do much to hold interest.

Clutch - Electric Worry

6/10 generally pretty good... just nice dirty rock... but by the end it get s a bit monotonous...

9/10. That song is very good.

6/10 It was alright but a little too long for my tastes.

Hardmode: Listen at MAX VOLUME!!

I will give it a 6.5 it was pretty good but it had a really slow build up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoEGsxUZ2F4

Oh for fucks sake. I'm done. I have been sitting here for almost an fucking hour just trying to post something and I'm not dealing with being ninja'd twice in a row. I don't care what the gad damned song is nor how good it might be, you are getting a fucking two.

Bobby Pickett - Monster Mash

5/10, not bad, just terribly boring.

4/10

The song just falls flat for me. Nothing's interesting or stands out in the song what-so-ever

Pages PREV 1 . . . 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 . . . 99 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here