After nearly three decades.... I realized something today.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

they never specifically said that Humpty dumpty was an egg...

Quantum Theory has fuck all to do with Mr. Schrödinger and his cat

it's a shame really cause ive always liked games with squishy organic environments, guns, and bad guys

lion el jhonson:
Friday the 13th never takes place on the 13th nor a friday

The first one does.

BAM!

Guffe:
Lord of the Rings acyually has several lords weilding several rings.
Lords of the Rings, say it should.

Sauron is the Lord of the Rings.

In "Ender's game", Ender didn't actually make the game.

In My Little Pony, none of the ponies actually belong to me.

The Twilight Zone takes place at many hours of the day.

The Avengers actually prevent catastrophe, not avenge it.

The Justice League is a vigilante group, and is therefor a criminal organization.

The Rake is note a gardening tool... Sorry, recovering creepy pasta fans, I had to remind you.

P.S. Sleep tight!

Star Wars is actually an uprising, not a war

Apollo45:

TrilbyWill:

Apollo45:
There's only One Ring in Lord of the Rings.

No, there's only one One Ring. The Nazgul are nine humans corrupted by rings. There were rings given to the elves and dwarves.

Yes, but do we actually see anything other than the One Ring? In the movies anyway I don't think we do. And it's been a while since I've read the books, but I don't particularly remember seeing them in there either. If we do, they're not mentioned/shown more than once.

Galadrial and Gandalf are both in possession of a ring (accounting for 2 of the 3 elven rings) during the time of the books.

There was no seventh seal in The Seventh Seal, I only counted six...

The Neverending Story ends.

the poem never mentions that humpty dumpty was an egg

YouTube doesn't really have tubes at all.

Someone probably did it before me but I'm going to do it anyway:

In Starcraft there are plenty of stars but they all do no crafting.

El Dwarfio:
The Star Destroyer destroys ships.... the Death Star destroys planets....

This is a derivative of the observation I came to make. Oh, well.
The actual Imperial superweapon developed to destroy stars is in fact called the Sun Crusher.
Lightsabers do not use weaponized photon or laser technology, but instead use blades of plasma contained within a portable force field of sorts. As such, they are technically not blades made of light.

holographicman:
Quantum Theory has fuck all to do with Mr. Schrödinger and his cat

it's a shame really cause ive always liked games with squishy organic environments, guns, and bad guys

Which is funny because there's a VERY important equation in quantum mechanics called the Time Dependent Schrödinger Equation. It helps determine the wavefunction of a particle given a potential function. Also the cat helped establish the idea in quantum mechanics that once you observe a property of a particle (like position) you loose information about anything else (like momentum). If you observed the cat to be dead when you opened the box, then you have lost information about some other observable property.

Also just for fun:
|cat > = c1(t)|alive > + c2(t)|dead >, where |alive > and |dead > are eigenstates (or energy states) of the cat's wavefunction within the box. c1(t) and c2(t) are constants that vary as a function of time.

A xbox 360 controller can be plugged in a pc.

A guitar doens't have a GUI, nor is it made out of tar.

Alien is the best title of any movie, ever.

A game of dungeons and dragons doesn't necesserally feature any dungeons, or dragons.

That's all i've got, sorry.

C F:

El Dwarfio:
The Star Destroyer destroys ships.... the Death Star destroys planets....

This is a derivative of the observation I came to make. Oh, well.
The actual Imperial superweapon developed to destroy stars is in fact called the Sun Crusher.
Lightsabers do not use weaponized photon or laser technology, but instead use blades of plasma contained within a portable force field of sorts. As such, they are technically not blades made of light.

The Galaxy gun is a missile launcher.
The Sun Crusher causes explosions.
Laser cannons aren't lasers or cannons.
The All Terrain Scout Transport isn't a transport
The All Terrain Personal Transport isn't a transport.
The All Terrain Tactical Enforcer IS a transport
The Venator Class Star Destroyer does very little veneration or venation.
The Low Altitude Assault Transport can fly in the upper atmosphere.
The B-wing is the shape of a +
The V-wing is the shape of an H

...Okay that's me done!

In World of Warcraft, no wars are actually crafted, and there aren't even any wars, small battles. And it isn't a world, it's more like a country. But I guess Country of Douchecraft wouldn't sound so good.

i like this thread.

Micheal Bayes Transformer movies didn't show any transformers.

Star Wars does not have any stars declaring war. (the Death Star is not a star and never declared a war either)

Imperius:

Redlin5:
Back to the Future was really just about a guy returning to the present.

Except now its the past

mind=blown

Edible Avatar:
Dr.Strangelove did'nt portray any signs of affection that could be considered odd or unnatural.

Sure it did - Dr. Strangelove is a Nazi. I'd think that having an affinity for Nazi ideology in the 1960's would have been considered pretty odd.

roostuf:
i like this thread.

Micheal Bayes Transformer movies didn't show any transformers.

Sure it did, they just looked like this

Blade Runner had no blades. It had a lot of running, but there was not a single pointy weapon in the movie, save the nail.

********FLAMESHIELD********
Also, it's not a good film.
********FLAMESHIELD********

Angels and Demons just had half a statue of each

The Bourne Identity only vaguely touches on the subject of Bourne's Identity

Zeckt:
There's no crouching tigers or hidden dragon's in crouching tiger hidden dragon. If the dragon was hidden it could be found. Or maybe the dragon is just that good at hiding in the movie?

Maybe you could not see the tiger because it was crouching.

Konaerix:
Chocolate Chips are, in fact, not chips of any kind...
Not that I'd want salty chocolate.

Chocolate chips are called that because there are chipped pieces of chocolate in them.
OT: There is no Wasteland in Tony Hawk's American Wasteland.

Kitsuna10060:

Dragon Quest isn't about dragons having an adventure, sadly :/

True, though in hand of the heavenly bride and other games where you can recruit monsters you can have dragons adventure with you.

The "Ring" in boxing is a square...

TrilbyWill:
The Big Bang Theory focuses more on either the characters' social lives or on experiments unrelated to the Big Bang.

Again, not exactly true, as far as I remember one of the reasons crew went on expedition to Antarctica, was to prove Sheldon's theories that was related to Big Bang, so there were things related to it.

blackrave:

TrilbyWill:
The Big Bang Theory focuses more on either the characters' social lives or on experiments unrelated to the Big Bang.

Again, not exactly true, as far as I remember one of the reasons crew went on expedition to Antarctica, was to prove Sheldon's theories that was related to Big Bang, so there were things related to it.

That was about finding monopoles to prove M-Theory (String theory).

Sonic the Hedgehog isn't a bonafide hedgehog, because he can't swim.

Tails' real name "Miles Prower" is a pun on "miles per hour". With "Tails" itself being a pun on his two tails, Miles "Tails" Prower is basically a pun within a pun.

Rouge the Bat looks nothing like a real bat. For starters, she has breasts.

Mario platformers have essentially been using the same plot for 27 years.

Spider-Man isn't really a "Spider-Man"; he's just a really strong guy who's inherited some abilities of spiders (such as quick instinct and shooting spider-webs). He doesn't have eight legs nor crawls on them.

Solid Snake is an innuendo.

Arnold Schwarzenegger's "I'll be back" actually happens in a relatively insignificant scene, rather than at the end of the film or something that I'd hyped it up to be.

Pokemon is nothing more than cockfighting for kids.

Apart from in the film adaptation, the crimefighters aren't called "Watchmen".

In "Dragon Ball", the series isn't centered around them post-Freeza arc.

"Donkey Kong Country" is actually set on "Donkey Kong Island".

In "Street Fighter", none of them are street fighters and they don't always fight in the street.

In "Mortal Kombat", not all of them are mortals.

"Death Note" isn't a note, it's a notebook.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me" is bullshit. Words CAN hurt you, even though it's not physical.

There's no FUCKING Snakeman in Snakeman! :S
So this DVDcover makes no sense, bah

AngloDoom:
Marley and Me had absolutely nothing to do with me.

Bet you were relieved to find that out.

Do you know what I have found... Snakes on a Plane did have snakes on a plane, Man on a Ledge had a man on a ledge, etc... and these literal movie titles are really starting to piss me off.

Also, Phonebooth. Fuck that movie.

To my surprise, the anime Bleach doesn't feature any cleaning products

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked