Westboro Baptist Church plans to protest funeral of 9 year old girl slain in Arizona shotings.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Why can't crazed gunmen shoot these pricks instead of 9 year old girls?

Shit like this isn't fair, she doesn't deserve this.

lacktheknack:

crimson5pheonix:

lacktheknack:

Publicity... to do what with, exactly?

Profit!

7. Gain publicity.
8. ?????????
9. PROFIT!

So what's step eight?

Well step 9 is profit!

Housebroken Lunatic:

lacktheknack:

Eh?

Usually not a good idea to drop troll bait in a thread where everyone's angry.

No trollbait. It's my honest opinion and it doesn't matter at all what anyone will say to try and contradict it because I've been over similar debates countless times already. I've already seen all the arguments, and they have all failed.

It's not like protesting a funeral is any worse than your average terrorist bombing or even the Crusades for that matter. Just religion spewing shit across the world like it always does in different magnitudes...

Sweeping generalization/attack on a belief system held by ~90% of the population = trollbait.

These people are despicable monsters and shall one day get their just dues till then all we can do is turn the other cheek.My prayers go out to the families that were affected by that tragic event.

Can we all agree that our country's first amendment right doesn't apply to them?

Even the Hell's Angels knows this shit is wrong.

Fuck you WBC.

Protesting at a kids funeral...WTF wrong with these people?

Konaerix:
Are these the guys who were protesting comic books a few months back?

yes as well as homosexuals, soldiers, catholics, muslims, republicans, teenagers, music . . .

frankly I'm not suprised in the least bit that they would protest this child's burial. Angered sure . . . suprised? not at all. Infact I think they protested videogames as well . . .

I don't say this often: Jesus Christ that is fucking sick. She was a nine year old girl who was interested in Democracy and wanted to meet a Congresswoman, and got shot in the head by a batshit insane piece of trash. I can't even fathom the depths of delusion that can drag someone into thinking something like this is right, they practice radical Christian Fundamentalism. I'm not looking forward to when they decide to pick up rifles and fertilizer to make a point. Yes they have freedom of speech, and I hope to the God I don't believe in that the folks down in Arizona can keep them miles away from this child's funeral. I seldom get sick to my stomach by how bad people can be, but this pisses me off. It's not bad enough that the child died, that the parents have to live with themselves forever knowing their child was killed for no reason, never mind the woman that decided to bring her to the event thinking she's responsible, but now they have to live with douche-bags pushing their completely batshit, excommunicated vile hate speech and using their child's death as a selling point.

Apparently The Hell's Angels phoenix chapter are aware of what's happening and might show up. if they do we might finally be rid of these west bro Bastards.

lacktheknack:

Sweeping generalization/attack on a belief system held by ~90% of the population = trollbait.

Isn't what you're doing pretty much a sweeping generalization of what my statement is supposed to be meant as?

"May he who is without sin cast the first stone..."

The Westboro Baptist Church is doing something that virtually every human on the planet would disagree with?

SHOCKING.

I wouldn't take them too seriously, they haven't been arrested for what they do and I don't think they will ever stop so it's just going to keep happening and crying or getting pissed off about it doesn't help. I encourage sending them pissed off e-mails and making fun of them/protesting against them in public though.

molester jester:
Apparently The Hell's Angels phoenix chapter are aware of what's happening and might show up. if they do we might finally be rid of these west bro Bastards.

I get the strong feeling you haven't met many Hell's Angels. If they're showing up, there's a good chance they'll strong-arm the WBC people away to the best of their ability (and probably at least a few will end up arrested just for that), but it's not like they're going to KILL them or anything. They'll be back picketing some other funeral the very next day.

Where's Dexter when you need him? I'm sure these people have committed murder at least once.

see.. this is what that precious freedom of speech and freedom of religion result in. utter crap. There should be both, but we really need to change the approach to both.

OT. stuff like this outright fuel my rage.

Wow. This is truly a new low. A 9-year-old girl? If they carry signs saying "thank god for dead children" they really should be sued for everything they have for intentionally causing emotional distress. And then criminally prosecuted for hate speech or whatever else they can slap on them. There really are not words for my anger at this.

ServebotFrank:
Where's Dexter when you need him? I'm sure these people have committed murder at least once.

oh yes, that "dark passenger" would come in handy MANY times over.

Funkysandwich:
Why can't crazed gunmen shoot these pricks instead of 9 year old girls?

... But then they wouldn't be "crazed" gunmen anymore, would they? :P

Corkydog:
Really? At this point these guys are worse trolls than Anonymous...hey now, we could sic Anonymous on those pricks...

But really, the church needs to excommunicate those mother****ers. Only way to get them to shut up.

They hate catholics, there's no point to excommunicate them.
OT: Why are we surprised anymore? Actually are we surprised anymore? Can we just ignore them and assume that they'll be at everyones funeral?
Yes they're morally reprehensible, but seriously it's not a surprise at this point. This is a publicity stunt for the church obviously, they are far and gone at this point there is no talking anyone out of the cult unless they've already left from disgust.

I always wanted to drive to one of their protests and blast some Dimmu Borgir.

Ironically, the gist of the lyrics from this satanic symphonic black metal band (stfu kvtists I know they're mainstream) seem to match the diabolical and heartless God they preach.

You worthless piece of shit
May we all depart from this world
And dissolve into nothingness
Compassion will not be granted
When life's value
Is point below zero

Human depravity is at our disposal
As the perfect tool to destroy mankind
The worst kind of them all
Modern times' ignorance, the world disease
Appeal to death of every man

A living hate smoldering abyss
Nurtured through centuries with quietly exercised wrath
Seeks the easiest way to the feed the engine
Praising the final bloodbath

Someone should do it. No doubt WBC will think it's evil. Someone should photoshop the lyrics next to pictures of their murderous God signs with the album image, print it out, and hand it to them.

edit: is this a stupid idea? >_<

Scde2:
somebody slashed the tires of the WBC's van.

I'd like to buy them a beer.

OT: Really WBC? REALLY?!?!?! If you could comprehend ONE IOTA of the meanings behind the teachings of the God whose work you're claiming to do, you'd drive your entire "church" over the proverbial cliff tomorrow!

Jaime_Wolf:
The Westboro Baptist Church is doing something that virtually every human on the planet would disagree with?

SHOCKING.

sorry, it just seemed appropriate.

Azaraxzealot:
i dont think anyone's gonna defend this.

Oh trust me, you'd be surprised.

lacktheknack:

Cliff_m85:
The basics of every WBC thread.

Poster mentions WBC protesting ______.
People not in the know are shocked/offended.
Westboro gets more publicity.
Westboro plans next event, hoping for publicity.
Poster mentions WBC protesting _______.
People not in the know are shocked/offended.
Westboro gets more publicity.

Publicity... to do what with, exactly?

They make their money from lawsuits. They wait for someone to get angry enough to slander them or do something stupid, sue, then continue their spiel. That dude who had his son protested? Yeah, they're going to make some $$$ off that. And they'll use it to protest more funerals.

That and basic donations as well. There are nutters in the world, you know. So not all nutters know about the WBC, but when they do some feel like donating.

YAY! Toyota SPAM CAPTCHAS!

These guys are the definition of fanatics. Unfortunately, we can' do anything about it because when you declare something like free speech, you agree to listen to everyone. Or at least, you agree to let everyone speak. Everyone or no one, that's how it works.

Jaime_Wolf:

molester jester:

I get the strong feeling you haven't met many Hell's Angels. If they're showing up, there's a good chance they'll strong-arm the WBC people away to the best of their ability (and probably at least a few will end up arrested just for that), but it's not like they're going to KILL them or anything. They'll be back picketing some other funeral the very next day.

I grew up going to British bike rally's most of my family own and ride bikes and i have met my fair share of people from all sorts of groups, and this sort of behaviour would earn them a kicking from most of the people i know.

TheBlueRabbit:

Scde2:
somebody slashed the tires of the WBC's van.

I'd like to buy them a beer.

OT: Really WBC? REALLY?!?!?! If you could comprehend ONE IOTA of the meanings behind the teachings of the God whose work you're claiming to do, you'd drive your entire "church" over the proverbial cliff tomorrow!

Pick and choose, pick and choose. Ignore the nasty and only focus on the minute good.

WBC are truer Christians than the liberal pick-and-choosers.

I seriously doubt that these guys are the attention whores many of you say they are. when i look at the stuff they say i see a group of people so blindly devoted to what they believe that they will twist anything to fit within their rules. They remind me of the Islamic extremists who are willing to kill or even sacrifice themselves in a suicide bombing in order to do what they perceive is the will of their god. They've twisted and perverted their beliefs to a point where their mind is closed to anything else.

Someone mentioned excommunicating them but as they already seem to think that every single priest is a rapist and child molester, i don't think they care much about what the Pope has to say. They'll probably just chock up the rest of the church with the rest of the "rebellion" and start saying that they are the only ones that truly understand gods will and it's their task to "spread his will" or something like that.

I really don't see any way you could reason with these people.

While I do not think it is respectful for WBC to do this, I think the best thing to do is to let it just play out.

Give them as little attention as possible. It may or not make then feel stupid about what they are doing, but I would fear that if people start taking this too seriously, more violence will break out. I wouldn't be surprised if people clashed at the funeral with WBC at this point. More violence in an already tragically violent episode is the least we need.

If WBC wants to pretend they have the bigger penis in all this, then let them. Ignorance is bliss right?

Is it really that suprising anymore? If anything shocking appears on the news, you can count on the WBC to be a dick about it.

Amazing what some sad little group will do for attention.
The cunts.

The actions of this church do not reflect those of other Christians. As much as it pains me to insult other Christians, they are dumb hics who take the Bible too literally. It is not just a book of laws written about 2000 years ago, it revolves around a living, understanding God, who can see that the world has changed. These people need to be informed they are wrong. And if they aren't, and God actually condones this stuff, then I would really have to rethink my choice of deity. But because He doesn't, I won't.

Thats just... horrible. Why would anyone do something like this? I just hope they all get a proper funeral. And I was having a good day up till now. :(

Aby_Z:
Oh, WBC! You so crazy!

They could have their own sitcom. Laugh track and everything...

I'd watch that show!

OT: Well that's... odd. To say the least.

Hey WBC guys, not cool, go troll somewhere else.

I'm disappointed to hear anyone is blind enough to protest a funeral for a little girl and I hope that church really does believe its own message because if they're just trolling, they can go straight to hell.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked