Westboro Baptist Church plans to protest funeral of 9 year old girl slain in Arizona shotings.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Amphoteric:
They are a cult not a religion.

Cult/religion = same thing.

JoJoDeathunter:

Please, out of respect for the little girl, the 5 others who lost their lives, and their families, just stop now.

Those people are dead, so I doubt that they'll be able to care about anything that I write...

Amphoteric:
They are a cult not a religion.

They're not even that. You think they believe that shit? Of course not. They're out to make money off suing people who try to legally block them from their bullshit.

Housebroken Lunatic:

JoJoDeathunter:

Please, out of respect for the little girl, the 5 others who lost their lives, and their families, just stop now.

Those people are dead, so I doubt that they'll be able to care about anything that I write...

You could spare us your absolute idiocy on the subject, nobody needs or wants to hear from you.

OT: I find it incredibly ironic that we need to use a Biking Gang to secure the funeral of a 9 year old girl from a church.

The level of ridiculousness constantly demonstrated by the WBC is just astounding. I'm not brushed up on law/order in America, but aren't there laws that would stop them from picketing a 9 year olds funeral? Disturbing the peace maybe? Fucking ANYTHING to get the police involved.

legion431:

TRR:
Somehow, WBC is a giant joke. It has to be. I refuse to believe that I am of the same species as these degenerates.

They aren't human, I don't know what the hell they are, probably some manifestation of Satin.

CrazyGirl17:
*eye twitches* That's it. I'm going to Texas to protest these assholes. Anyone want to come with?

(Yes, i know it's better to ignore them, but I really don't have the patience for that sort of thing...)

KANSAS! They're from KANSAS. Good lord folks, Texas really isn't that bad about tolerance.

Housebroken Lunatic:

AnubisAuman:

Moreover, most religious wars were committed for reasons that had nothing to do with religion (although that does not mean it wasn't religious fanaticism that motivated the masses).

Which is the primary problem with religion. Some lone nutjobs with ambitions of genocide and holy wars can't do much on their own. They need the masses to support them.

Religion just gives them one of the easiest methods of subverting the masses needed. Which is why it must go, and also the reason why the secular system of politics is infinitely better than religion. Children are being taught in pretty much every democratic society to QEUSTION the policies of politicians as well as keeping themselves informed of the ideals and opinions of different political parties.

Never is this promoted in religion. Religious leaders are to be revered and obeyed as much as possible if you want to be a good and loyal subject who gets to go to heaven when you die.

Obviously it's a breeding ground for fanaticism and extremism...

Considering your solution to the problem is to ban, arrest, and kill those who don't agree, and destroy everything they've ever painted, built, or wrote, I don't see your ideas as being much better. Or maybe religion has nothing to do with it, and intolerance is the issue. And you're part of the problem.

Do the WBC not have the right to free speech too?

Milford Cubicle:
Do the WBC not have the right to free speech too?

Yes they do, and people have the right to protect themselves from jerks trolling funerals, and are. Free speech doesn't protect the right to use high traffic locations to get free publicity.

loremazd:

Considering your solution to the problem is to ban, arrest, and kill those who don't agree, and destroy everything they've ever painted, built, or wrote, I don't see your ideas as being much better. Or maybe religion has nothing to do with it, and intolerance is the issue. And you're part of the problem.

I've never said ANYTHING about killing. If you're going to discuss the matter with me then it might do you good to actually comment on what I've actually said rather than inventing your own things to comment.

Also, intolerance isn't inherently bad as a concept. After all we're being pretty intolerant towards murder, rape and child-molestation in the western world, but I don't see many people campaigning to remove that kind of intolerance. So clearly intolerance isn't the primary issue, but more what it is being directed against.

Intolerance towards religion can only have beneficient results.

Danger Mouse:
Settle down there, turbo. The WBC is as much representative of mainstream U.S. Christianity as Uwe Boll is representative of Oscar-winning directors.

That is, to say, not at fucking all. Unclench.

Hey kiddo, its nice to see that the "oh your angry therefore your point is invalid" school of thought is still taught in todays kindergardens. But I'll still give it about as much respect as it deserves.

Oh and finally where did I start to talk about mainstream christianity. Are fringe christians not chrisitans? Or whos to say that the main stream is correct? You and your awesome previously displayed debating skills?

Housebroken Lunatic:

Let me say once again that your last name was chosen well, but you are far from housebroken. You in fact seem to enjoy pissing on others who think differently than you.

The fact that you can't see the difference between acting against sexual assault on a child and acting against people's beliefs either demonstrates a lack of logical thought or is an indication that you enjoy trolling.

ravensheart18:

Let me say once again that your last name was chosen well, but you are far from housebroken. You in fact seem to enjoy pissing on others who think differently than you.

The fact that you can't see the difference between acting against sexual assault on a child and acting against people's beliefs either demonstrates a lack of logical thought or is an indication that you enjoy trolling.

I've used perfectly logical explanations for my views in this thread. That's not a guarantee that people will like them though, but that's not really my concern.

My point still stands: some forms of intolerance exists with good reason. I've argued that this needs to be brought about against religion as well. You're welcome to disagree of course, but claiming that I "demonstrate a lack of logical thought" is just a false claim...

Housebroken Lunatic:

loremazd:

I've never said ANYTHING about killing. If you're going to discuss the matter with me then it might do you good to actually comment on what I've actually said rather than inventing your own things to comment.

Also, intolerance isn't inherently bad as a concept. After all we're being pretty intolerant towards murder, rape and child-molestation in the western world, but I don't see many people campaigning to remove that kind of intolerance. So clearly intolerance isn't the primary issue, but more what it is being directed against.

Not really, because the ban of ideas always results in revolution. And what, praytell, would be your proposed solution if the worlds religious people said, "no, you cannot tell me what to think and you cannot ban prayer on my private property." Arrest them all, I'm sure everyone'd be fine and dandy with that. No, they'd defend themselves, and then what would you propose? Make them stop by force, and that means -killing- them. And you'd be killing them because they don't believe what you do, which means that your solution -is- the crusades.

When goverments decide what your culture is, then you have an artificial culture. And thats what you want. Directed ideas and thoughts.

loremazd:

Not really, because the ban of ideas always results in revolution.

Nope.

That's a historically inaccurate claim on your part. Plenty of ideas have been banned and supressed by governments and they lost momentum because of it.

Housebroken Lunatic:

loremazd:

Nope.

That's a historically inaccurate claim on your part. Plenty of ideas have been banned and supressed by governments and they lost momentum because of it.

Nice to pick and choose what you respond to. And the other point, that the forceful seizure of property, book burnings, arrests, and enforcement that no one talk about their thoughts or ideas will somehow create a lovely little place to live in? Because this would cause revolution on a gigantic scale. Even from the nonreligious.

This is 1984 levels of government power here. Any government capable of doing this would have to be the most saintly of organizations to wield that level of power responsibly. What would be next? Population control, outcry against this government being suppressed?

For a so called skeptic you seem to be very idealistic that somehow this would magically make things better.

Housebroken Lunatic:

lacktheknack:

Sweeping generalization/attack on a belief system held by ~90% of the population = trollbait.

Isn't what you're doing pretty much a sweeping generalization of what my statement is supposed to be meant as?

"May he who is without sin cast the first stone..."

Actually, no. I simply said how statements in the circumstances such as yours come across. And I wasn't stoning you. Not even close, in any figurative form.

Housebroken Lunatic:

loremazd:

Nope.

Decontextualization doesn't make you correct. It's rhetoric, and a pretty despicable kind of rhetoric.

loremazd:

Nice to pick and choose what you respond to. And the other point, that the forceful seizure of property, book burnings, arrests, and enforcement that no one talk about their thoughts or ideas will somehow create a lovely little place to live in? Because this would cause revolution on a gigantic scale. Even from the nonreligious.

As long as it is bibles getting burnt and churches getting destroyed: yes, it would be a lovely place to live in.

Also, you're claims that rebellion on amassive scale would occur is rather unfounded. Just consider the U.S for instance. The patriot act was voted through yet not a single american rebelled agianst it, despite the blatant infringement on individual peoples rights that it epitomized.

As long as people have tv to watch, they rarely bother to rebel at all...

Housebroken Lunatic:

loremazd:

As long as it is bibles getting burnt and churches getting destroyed: yes, it would be a lovely place to live in.

Also, you're claims that rebellion on amassive scale would occur is rather unfounded. Just consider the U.S for instance. The patriot act was voted through yet not a single american rebelled agianst it, despite the blatant infringement on individual peoples rights that it epitomized.

Enjoy your thought police then.

lacktheknack:

Decontextualization doesn't make you correct. It's rhetoric, and a pretty despicable kind of rhetoric.

There is no context that such a statement would ever be truthful in. Ideas have been snuffed out plenty of times through government action without any resulting revolutions.

Housebroken Lunatic:

ravensheart18:

I've used perfectly logical explanations for my views in this thread. That's not a guarantee that people will like them though, but that's not really my concern.

My point still stands: some forms of intolerance exists with good reason. I've argued that this needs to be brought about against religion as well. You're welcome to disagree of course, but claiming that I "demonstrate a lack of logical thought" is just a false claim...

You will notice I said "or"... I didn't actually believe it was lack of intellect on your part, I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. Thank you for clarifying which of the two options apply.

loremazd:

I think I'll stop responding to your comments from now on. You're not really debating with ME, you're only commenting some fantasy invention of yours that you ascribe all manner of goals, opinions and hopes which have nothing to do with me or anything I've said.

If you're sole wish is to discuss the matter with yourself, then by all means do so. Im not going to get involved...

ravensheart18:

You will notice I said "or"... I didn't actually believe it was lack of intellect on your part, I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. Thank you for clarifying which of the two options apply.

So either im just stupid or a troll?

Haha, and people try to lecture ME that the world isn't "black or white"...

Housebroken Lunatic:

loremazd:

NEVER underestimate passive-aggressive "quiet" revolutions.

Besides, what you probably don't realize is that intense persecution (of Christianity anyways) has only resulted in an incredibly powerful and unified underground Church. For instance, the original Church. They were EVERYWHERE in the Roman empire, and every attempt to destroy them only made them flee to other countries, taking their religion with them.

So sure. Start burning our books, congregations, our way of life. The hardcore Christians will then begin to annoy you more then you can possibly imagine.

Housebroken Lunatic:

loremazd:

I think I'll stop responding to your comments from now on. You're not really debating with ME, you're only commenting some fantasy invention of yours that you ascribe all manner of goals, opinions and hopes which have nothing to do with me or anything I've said.

If you're sole wish is to discuss the matter with yourself, then by all means do so. Im not going to get involved...

You said it yourself, that the removal of churches and bibles are worth taking paid property from people, and that you support the enforcement of cracking down by force on peoples beliefs and practices. My counterclaim is that makes your solution identical to the most horrid of religious crimes and would require a rediculously powerful government that can enforce its will against the people without their consent.

Your response was: "As long as bibles are burnt and churches destroyed, that would be good."

No, that is not good. That is very, very bad.

Housebroken Lunatic:

lacktheknack:

There is no context that such a statement would ever be truthful in. Ideas have been snuffed out plenty of times through government action without any resulting revolutions.

Their attempts to kill religions has NEVER worked properly, though.

lacktheknack:

You mean the kinds that haven't accomplished anything at all? :)

lacktheknack:

Besides, what you probably don't realize is that intense persecution (of Christianity anyways) has only resulted in an incredibly powerful and unified underground Church. For instance, the original Church. They were EVERYWHERE in the Roman empire, and every attempt to destroy them only made them flee to other countries, taking their religion with them.

Im fine with that. As long as their shit doesn't go on here. It would also be an excellent opportunity to declare them as enemies of the state in case they tried to bring religion back.

lacktheknack:

So sure. Start burning our books, congregations, our way of life. The hardcore Christians will then begin to annoy you more then you can possibly imagine.

Just give me a flamethrower and a permit...

Housebroken Lunatic:

lacktheknack:

lacktheknack:

Im fine with that. As long as their shit doesn't go on here. It would also be an excellent opportunity to declare them as enemies of the state in case they tried to bring religion back.

lacktheknack:

EDIT: Screw it, I've been feeding the trolls. I'm getting a mod.

Housebroken Lunatic:

lacktheknack:

lacktheknack:

lacktheknack:

Civil rights and the removal of the britains from India beg to differ.

Let them come to the funeral, and let all the groups who oppose them stand in their way so they cannot get to the church or the graveyard.

Do not touch them, not approach them. Just stand there. And make sure you have cameras to record it all. Do not even respond to them. Don't talk to them. Just stand, silently.

That is a much better response overall, either that or silly slogans like from comic con. Either stand stoically, or make a lot of fun of them, just don't touch them.

Housebroken Lunatic:

ravensheart18:

So either im just stupid or a troll?

Haha, and people try to lecture ME that the world isn't "black or white"...

Well if you think that discriminating against people for religious beliefs and being against child rape are the same thing then yes, you are either stupid or a troll, and I think we have established that you probably aren't stupid.

loremazd:

CrazyGirl17:
*eye twitches* That's it. I'm going to Texas to protest these assholes. Anyone want to come with?

(Yes, i know it's better to ignore them, but I really don't have the patience for that sort of thing...)

KANSAS! They're from KANSAS. Good lord folks, Texas really isn't that bad about tolerance.

..Wait, isn't the funeral in... Oh. OH. Boy is my face red. Sorry about that, and thanks for pointing out my mistake.

WBC does things like this to harvest the tears of baby Jesus

Anyone else hoping for a lynch mob with the police looking the other way?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked