Bush is Getting Credit For Bin Laden's death

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

**this is not a debate over whether leaders or soliders should get credit for military operations. it is about the absurdity of the bush administration getting credit from something accomplished under the obama administration, despite the fact that bush even admitted he wasnt looking for bin laden for the past couple years of his presidency**

this shouldnt surprise me. i was waiting to see how fox news would spin this but yeah, apparently, since bush is the one who started the search for bin laden, fox feels that he deserves at least as much credit for finding him, as obama. the fact that bush failed and, in fact, had given up looking for him, is apparently irrelevant. oh fox news, you goofy mother fuckers.

couldnt find the individual clips of fox news statements about this but they're in the young turks commentary about it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfgspheJNkY

edit:
a lot of people have been saying neither president should get credit. while i do agree the military should get pretty much all the credit, we all know that they wont get any. the point im trying to make here, however, is how absurd, even for fox, it is that they are trying to give credit to bush even though he not only failed to find bin laden, but wasnt even trying to find him. also, from reports i heard, the military just wanted to use bombing and obama is the one who insisted on using special forces instead. i dont know if thats true but if it is, i definitely think that was a better way to go and as such, obama would deserve at least some credit

Why should Obama get any credit? All he did was say "shoot". %100 credit should go to the generals, and soldiers who planned and fought for the last ten years.

This makes me angry. They always seem to forget he is the one that got us stuck in some recession.

EDIT: SARCASM

Yeah?

So?

Why should credit/blame for everything go to the president currently in charge at the time of...anything?

Why should credit go to the presidents, even?

Neither Bush nor Obama deserves credit (and this is coming from someone who is fiercely devoted to one of those two). Yes, Obama had the final say on whether to go ahead with the mission or not, but he had no reason to say no and every reason to say yes. All credit goes to the soldiers (seamen?) who stormed his compound and the intelligence agencies that tracked him down.

Also, Clinton started the search for bin Laden, just saying.

Well you do realize that all the stuff people have been bitching about... Gitmo, waterboarding, etc. etc. that dear Mr. Bush started (and was considered a tyrant that went to far) are the techniques that lead to the death of Bin Laden making Obama the hero he is?

I have no care either way, I'm just saying that saying Bush had nothing to do with it is kind of having your cake and eating it to.

Shouldn't the SEAL operative who capped him get the credit?

Another Noble Peace Prize seems reasonable.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Braedan:
Why should Obama get any credit? All he did was say "shoot". %100 credit should go to the generals, and soldiers who planned and fought for the last ten years.

Yeah,but SHOULD doesn't mean will,unfortunately.

Braedan:

Agreed.
[/thread]

The both deserve credit because they were both involved. Under the Bush Administration the hunt began and alot of steps were made towards mondays operation. And Obama should get credit for greenlighting the op. They both deserve credit and good for Obama. Green lighting the op was one of the few things I will commend him on during this term.

This is why I hate the way it is setup. As someone said eariler, all Obama did was sign the order to execute the mission. Bush or whoever started the search. The SEAL team finished the search.

Credit of some great acheievement should never go to the President currently in charge. A great leader never takes credit.

Neither Bush nor Obama had anything to do with this.

In before 9 pages bashing Bush.

well i don't know about bush getting credit but obama certainly doesn't deserve it since the tip on bin laden's location came from a guantanimo bay inmate and he tried to shut that place down

Of course FOX is giving credit to him..they are a republican "news" source after all. But really neither president should get the true credit..the military should.

Brian Hendershot:
This makes me angry. They always seem to forget he is the one that got us stuck in some recession.

Non sequitur. That's like saying "My sister doesn't deserve credit for what she did on our project because she kicked a puppy."

At any rate, I think it's depressing that the actual STRIKE TEAM isn't getting any love. I don't even know who shot him.

Eugh, Fox news and the Right wing strike again. >:(

Brian Hendershot:

Um... the recession was global. The rest of us were affected too, so I'm thinking that's not all down to him.

OT: He couldn't find him, why the hell does he deserve credit?

Ladette:
Neither Bush nor Obama had anything to do with this.

In before 9 pages bashing Bush.

This. The credit goes to our brave soldiers overseas. Good job lads and lasses, now come on home!

Neither Bush or Obama should get credit. Our tax dollars should.

It only bothers me that Bush is getting credit for this because he doesn't really get blamed for the bail outs and recession.
Also everyone involved should get credit, but the soldier that took the shot should get the majority of it hell I would love for a chance to shake that man/woman's hand

So when the recession starts under the Bush era, it's Obama's fault, but when Osama has been found and killed during Obama's presidency, Bush gets credit?

Stay classy, GOP.

Ummmmm he should get some credit. After all, he was the one that started the operation in the first place, granted that was 10 years ago. But it was still him that started it.

Klitch:
Neither Bush nor Obama deserves credit (and this is coming from someone who is fiercely devoted to one of those two). Yes, Obama had the final say on whether to go ahead with the mission or not, but he had no reason to say no and every reason to say yes. All credit goes to the soldiers (seamen?) who stormed his compound and the intelligence agencies that tracked him down.

Also, Clinton started the search for bin Laden, just saying.

navy seals

I don't believe Bush or Obama should get the credit I believe the credit should go to the Navy Seals and CIA who I believe are the ones who organised the mission and tracked him down?

But thats just me.

Braedan:

Thank you.

None of you know what you're talking about.

For.I.Am.Mad:

I don't? please show your work otherwise I'm going to assume you cheated.

Braedan:

So I guess Hitler didn't deserve the credit he got either.

How about those Navy seals? They did their fair share of all the work.

AMAZED:
well i don't know about bush getting credit but obama certainly doesn't deserve it since the tip on bin laden's location came from a guantanimo bay inmate and he tried to shut that place down

I think neither deserve credit, but more importantly, can you source that claim?

artanis_neravar:

For.I.Am.Mad:

No you really don't, tough guy.

For.I.Am.Mad:

artanis_neravar:

For.I.Am.Mad:

No you really don't, tough guy.

Again prove it or you fail

History will say Obama got Bin Laden.

Truman dropped the bomb. Did he design it? Did he fly the bomber?

The president is given the responsibility to send his people to die and give the order to kill.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked