1.3% (8)
1.3% (8)
Other
20.3% (130)
20.3% (130)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: What religion are you?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

I know for a fact that most people on the escapist are Agnostic or Atheist, but I would like to know if you are religious, what religion you belong to. Just wondering. :P And btw I am Christian.
EDIT: I am aware Atheism is not a religion, but I just wanted to have it on the poll. Sorry about that confusion, I just couldn't think of a better way to word the poll.

Huh... first reply, and the results (though hardly indicative of what it will end as) are 50-50 Atheist/Christians...

Anyway, Christian who would be promptly excommunicated were I to voice my views here.

Atheism is not a religion.

By the way, there is a "Religion and Politics" forum.

I've learned not to talk about my personal beliefs anymore. They're not really anyone else's business but my own.

It only ever causes problems, besides it's kind of entertaining when some people get frustrated because they want to to know what you believe so they can argue with you.

Athiests tend to assume I'm religious and religious people assume I'm an athiest.
People who are comfortable with their beliefs don't partcularly care.

DEATHD0DGER:
Atheism is not a religion.

By the way, there is a "Religion and Politics" forum.

Sorry about that. I know that Atheism isn't a religion, but I still wanted to have it on the poll as a choice. And sorry again because I didn't know there was a "Religion and Politics" forum, as this is my first time making a thread. Is there a way to move it to that forum?

I voted Atheist, its not technically a religious belief, but thats what I am.
As a teenager I had brief tendencies towards anti-theism, which I still have on occasion, but I'm mostly past it.

Please tell me the one that voted for satanism is just being a troll.

I am a Catholic, but a terrible one. I can't even remember the last time I went to church. Christmas is probably going to be the first real mass I've been to for a while.

erttheking:

Probably not...you'd be surprised at how many serious satanists there are out there.

Anyway, I'm a Christian. United Methodist, to be exact.

pagan all the way

Atheist. I wasn't indoctrinated as a kid, so religion has always seemed silly to me.

Atheist. Also, tread carefully. These types of threads are medium risk flamebait, so I would enjoy it if everybody were to keep civil.

Agnostic, I think there is some form of omnipotent being however I don't think it will be anything like god, also I'm not Atheist because There has to have been something which was there before the big bang, I guess.

Though I was Christened at a young age, I chose not to believe later on.

What's that religion with the pasta?

Either that or Sith.

Atheist, since you asked.

Oh come on, it has "religion" in the title, put it in the region and politics section. Please look more closely at the different types of forums next time.

Catholic. These types of thread always die pretty quickly because a bunch of zealots like to call each other out over their beliefs. Apparently some people's religion is "I don't believe in opinions".

Carlinism, now there a religion to believe in!

huh, good question. I suppose I would qualify as an agnostic. I really hope life after death exists, and I'm hoping it's reincarnation so I can come back as something better. it would be very sad if this body of sickness, weakness, and premature balding was the only shot I got.

Other: My own religion.
That's not a cop-out answer... Over my life I've found my own religion based on several things, including being relatively based on science (and on other stuff as well, of course). ^_^

I'm a Christian. Surprised most people are okay with this thread, most would go off for reasons that are beyond me. I'm very surprised that a lot of people acted civil in my 'I'm Curious About You Atheists' thread. Much positive feedback from that one, made my day.

P.S: When I say you atheists, it's not a direct 'you people' for say. Just a catchy title where some found it amusing too actually.

Lilani:

erttheking:

Probably not...you'd be surprised at how many serious satanists there are out there.

Yes, they're called CAPITALISTS. (Engles/LaVey joke almost no one is going to get...)

And I would have to argue that religion is simply any belief system--formed without empirical evidence, if you really need to differentiate it from science--whether spiritual in nature or not. Now from a sociological perspective, we could claim it only counts as a religion if it fulfills certain social functions, but that's just picking nits. My point being, atheism IS a religion. It's just the belief in nothing. There is just as much solid evidence against the existence of whatever sort of higher power as there is for, and by that I mean none, so in a sense atheism also requires a leap of "faith", so to speak. It's just a less ridiculous one.

I'm gonna stop rambling now. I'm neopagan.

Twilight_guy:
Oh come on, it has "religion" in the title, put it in the region and politics section. Please look more closely at the different types of forums next time.

Although, if no discussion happens and it's just a poll, hopefully it won't have to be moved to that cesspool.

I was raised a a Christian when I was very little, but then my dad (single parent) kind of decided he didn't want to participate in organized religion anymore, and so we stopped going to church, and stopped praying, and finally started living our lives without religion and were pretty much agnostic from then on.

Sometimes I ponder the possible existence of a deity, but it feels like wishful thinking. I couldn't just make myself believe there is one, but I don't claim to know that there isn't, because while that's easier for me to believe, it would be just as hard to prove. So an agnostic view just seems logical to me.

Agnostic.

I disagree with organised religion. Ultimately it must be controlled by people and people are corrupt. Believe what you wish, dont let a man in a fancy cape tell you what your god wants of you. If he/she/it is truly your god, youll know what you should do and find guidance and solace in quiet reflection.

Well, at first I was Christian (catholic). I got baptised etc., but never really cared for any religion or believing in a god - I have better things to do. Since puberty, I call myself an Atheist and don't care that some family members think I'll end up in Hell. I can respect people who are religous, some of my best friends are, but I hate it when they want to convert me or say my life will end in horrible pain for eternity because I don't believe in some almighty being which existence is questionable (in my opinion).

I'm a... something. Everytime I've tried to label it, someone's come along and told me It's wrong. I'd say 'Follower of Raemoras' but that always brings up the irritating question of 'Who's Raemoras?' that I've gotten sick of answering. Other then that? I'd say I'm a Pan-poly-theist, as I believe in a pantheon of gods as well as some external gods, etc. etc. It get's pretty complicated after awhile.
hell, I don't even remember the names of all my gods - just that there's a metric fuck-ton of them.

The most awesome religion in the history of the history of existence

Christian, but I'm not really all that vocal about it. Unless the conversation is related to religion, I assume most of you don't care what I believe in..

I class myself as an Apatheist - I don't really care.

God exists? That's nice. What's for dinner?
God doesn't exist? That's nice. Time for breakfast.

I just...can't bring myself to factor religion into the equations I live by. I feel it doesn't make a difference, so I don't worry about it. I wasn't raised as anything by my parents, just with morals. That's not to say I'm not interested; I love sitting religious friends or aquaintances down and pestering them with questions - nice ones, like I'm dying to ask a Muslim if the story of Mohammed and the Cat is actually in the Qu'ran (sp?). I also envy a lot of the great community they - especially Christians as that's what I'm most exposed to - have, though both my Christian housemate and the fantastic vicar who married my friends this summer have said I'd be welcome regardless. ^^ Which is lovely.

Thankfully I've not met a hardarse religious/non-religious type yet.

Something between Athiest and Protestant... I came from a slightly religious family and over time as I learn more, the less I believe.

Agnostic Theist should be an option. Anyway, that's my category, not bothering to elaborate.

Other for me closest thing to my belifs ive found so far is Apatheism

kman123:
What's that religion with the pasta?

Either that or Sith.

Pastafarian.

As for myself... I am part of the original Protestants... Lutherans!

Functionally, its the same as any other Christian sect. However, we teach more of the 'loving' God then the vengeful one.

Also, we serve donuts, coffee cake, and coffee. And get off in time for Football (If one cares for that sort of thing).

Chatato:
Agnostic, I think there is some form of omnipotent being however I don't think it will be anything like god

That's deism not agnosticism.

Galika:
Well, at first I was Christian (catholic). I got baptised etc., but never really cared for any religion or believing in a god - I have better things to do. Since puberty, I call myself an Atheist and don't care that some family members think I'll end up in Hell. I can respect people who are religous, some of my best friends are, but I hate it when they want to convert me or say my life will end in horrible pain for eternity because I don't believe in some almighty being which existence is questionable (in my opinion).

Oh this I can agree so much on... except for the part of being a Catholic, I'm baptized in a Lutheran church. Also I don't have any living religious family members.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked