Reasons for Opposition to Gay Marriage?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

vonmanstein:

Frission:

vonmanstein:

It very well may, if we are to trust the theories of Adolph Brand, and he was on the inside.

You do know I can't take you seriously about that right? Because with all due respect I've read my share of strange theories on sexuality, but that is pure bullshit.

It boggles my mind, but believe what you will. I'm not going to get angry about this. I'll start foaming when he says that it means that homosexuals should be jailed.

now I never said i believed it, but viewing Brand as an advocate of homosexuality and pederasty, which he used interchangeably, certainly begs one to consider such conclusions.........

Does that mean heterosexual women are also pederasts?

I WAS on the fens for the most part. I figured I had enough friends on both sides i didn't want to offend anyone so I stayed out of it one way or another and let the magority fight it over. Being in with the LDS faith, I was told one thing there, but no one forced me to get me off the fence.

THe other side pushed me over against it as apparently many people in where I was at (San Francisco Bay Area, East Bay) being on the fence was just as bad as showing up with white sheets and burning crosses. This happend several times to the point where if I was going to where I felt if I was going to be damned I might as well be damned for something.

That and I saw plenty of idiots doing things normally associated with their bigoted rivals on the other side of the debate, including my house getting tagged with pro gay graffiti, and overal a sense of mean spiritness.

I was expecting a Gay Martin Luther King or Charles Xcavior, and I kept finding the gay Malcolm X and Magnito. Why couldn't their be more George Takais in my area? If that was there were I would have been on the Gay marraige side. Instead, I just found both sides equally irredeemable and just went with the evil I knew instead as it was being upfront, instead of the evil I didn't as it seemed to allow jerks to be jerks if it furthered their goal.

I WAS on the fens for the most part. I figured I had enough friends on both sides i didn't want to offend anyone so I stayed out of it one way or another and let the magority fight it over. Being in with the LDS faith, I was told one thing there, but no one forced me to get me off the fence.

THe other side pushed me over against it as apparently many people in where I was at (San Francisco Bay Area, East Bay) being on the fence was just as bad as showing up with white sheets and burning crosses. This happend several times to the point where if I was going to where I felt if I was going to be damned I might as well be damned for something.

That and I saw plenty of idiots doing things normally associated with their bigoted rivals on the other side of the debate, including my house getting tagged with pro gay graffiti, and overal a sense of mean spiritness.

I was expecting a Gay Martin Luther King or Charles Xcavior, and I kept finding the gay Malcolm X and Magnito. Why couldn't their be more George Takais in my area? If that was there were I would have been on the Gay marraige side. Instead, I just found both sides equally irredeemable and just went with the evil I knew instead as it was being upfront, instead of the evil I didn't as it seemed to allow jerks to be jerks if it furthered their goal.

saint of m:

I know right?! It's like, if I go and tell religious people "I'm not sure you should have rights, I'm kind of on the fence" they don't like it! It's so stupid!

saint of m:

I'm having a hard time believing that's true. The worst I've seen that you can accuse the gay rights lobby of, is accurately describing the bigotry that characterises their opponents. Then again, that's on the head of the homophobes untill it's clear that the characterisation is not accurate.

saint of m:

So your actual opinions and principles on the issue didn't matter, you voted soley on the behavior of activists?

I suppose this should be a horrible time to mention that one X-Men Comic?

I know it's hard to believe, but the only people that would have been willing to Shepard me to the right side of the debate showed up afterwords or were a quite majority.

Forgive me for expecting a bunch of noble knights fighting against injustice instead of the dragons.

I want change, but if both sides are using the same tactics, than the onlything that does change is a coat of paint.

Xan Krieger:
Here's a question: Why have marriage as a government institution? That alone is letting the government into the bedroom so why not remove it?

Because that's medieval era rubbish, and because there's legal arrangements like inheritance rules attached to it. Deregulating something which governs taxes is just asking for fraud on a massive scale. And other issues, like for instance immigration. Fake marriages to get someone into a country is a crime, and for good reason. Deregulating that would set the sluice gates wide open.

GunsmithKitten:

saint of m:

So your actual opinions and principles on the issue didn't matter, you voted soley on the behavior of activists?

Now hold one one god damned minute. You're the person who is constantly saying that as much as you agree with economic issues, the fact that there are republicans who are strong anti-gay means you think that they are basically worse then hitler. And you're going to attempt to call him out on judging people by their behavior.

I don't think so. He has every reason not to vote someone if he disagrees with them as PEOPLE even if their platforms line up with his belief.

Bentusi16:

Now hold one one god damned minute. You're the person who is constantly saying that as much as you agree with economic issues, the fact that there are republicans who are strong anti-gay means you think that they are basically worse then hitler.

Don't recall putting it like that, can you please cite when I said that they were basically worse than hitler? I have many levels of dislike...

And here's the difference, hoss; voting for the Republicans would be shooting myself in the foot given their stance on homosexuality, dig? I dont' vote the way I do soley out of spite, I vote it out of self fucking preservation.

I don't think so. He has every reason not to vote someone if he disagrees with them as PEOPLE even if their platforms line up with his belief.

Then his belief must not have meant a whole lot.

And before you say it, YES, my belief in how a party treats gays is more important than economic issues. A good economy doesn't mean dick if I'm locked up on a sodomy charge.

saint of m:
I know it's hard to believe, but the only people that would have been willing to Shepard me to the right side of the debate showed up afterwords or were a quite majority.

Forgive me for expecting a bunch of noble knights fighting against injustice instead of the dragons.

I want change, but if both sides are using the same tactics, than the onlything that does change is a coat of paint.

Same tactics? What joke. Sorry when is your right to be married being taken away? Oh right it isn't.

To you it's a change of paint because you're safe from any consequences. And you're too selfish to care about the change to anyone else.

By all evidence you deserved every harsh word they had for you. Someone on the fence about someone else's rights is just a lesser bigot than the ones against those rights.

Dijkstra:

saint of m:

Same tactics? What joke. Sorry when is your right to be married being taken away? Oh right it isn't.

To you it's a change of paint because you're safe from any consequences. And you're too selfish to care about the change to anyone else.

By all evidence you deserved every harsh word they had for you. Someone on the fence about someone else's rights is just a lesser bigot than the ones against those rights.

Tagging, check?
Using troll like behavior, check.
Ranting instead of shearding towards a correct view point? Check.

Granted Black Listing lynching hasn't happened yet, but it seems I've seen more than enough jerks to make me wonder what happend to the standards just the same.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked