Well THAT will end well...(Armed March On Washington)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Diablo1099:

A very good point Asita. Balls in your court Ravenshrike.

IMO, if a Misfire on the Protestors side occurs, I'd say it'd be them to react to the gunfire first, then the police.

I think either could react first in the case of an initial shot but it will be the protesters who go lethal first. Police will probably be stocked with tear gas and rubber bullets to try take out the protesters without killing them. Protesters think a cops tried to shoot them and then are being attacked with gas, some will try to fight back and if that happens the police could go lethal.

Karma168:

Diablo1099:

IMO, if a Misfire on the Protestors side occurs, I'd say it'd be them to react to the gunfire first, then the police.

I think either could react first in the case of an initial shot but it will be the protesters who go lethal first. Police will probably be stocked with tear gas and rubber bullets to try take out the protesters without killing them. Protesters think a cops tried to shoot them and then are being attacked with gas, some will try to fight back and if that happens the police could go lethal.

True, True.
God, and some people still don't see how this is a REALLY bad idea.

Diablo1099:

Karma168:

Diablo1099:

True, True.
God, and some people still don't see how this is a REALLY bad idea.

Support of Adam Kokesh seems to have risen considerably following his questionable arrest at the Smoke Down Prohibition rally, and his hearing today seems to be going in his favor. It's very possible that the March on Washington will still go on.

So I imagine that a lot of people don't see how this is a really bad idea.

Kopikatsu:
Support of Adam Kokesh seems to have risen considerably following his questionable arrest at the Smoke Down Prohibition rally, and his hearing today seems to be going in his favor. It's very possible that the March on Washington will still go on.

God, I wish I never found this sub-Forum, Now I fear for my American RP Buddies everyday D:

Diablo1099:

Kopikatsu:

God, I wish I never found this sub-Forum, Now I fear for my American RP Buddies everyday D:

Don't fret, most people who would stand to get hurt are the Policemen, what with the usual response to protests being rubber bullets and gas, and the protestors carrying Live.

Which sucks.

Nikolaz72:

Diablo1099:

Kopikatsu:

Don't fret, most people who would stand to get hurt are the Policemen, what with the usual response to protests being rubber bullets and gas, and the protestors carrying Live.

Which sucks.

The Police aren't stupid, the response to armed offenders is live rounds.

the clockmaker:

Nikolaz72:

Diablo1099:

Which sucks.

The Police aren't stupid, the response to armed offenders is live rounds.

Ugh, well. Still. I feel far more pity for the police.

Nikolaz72:

Which sucks.

Well, if it isn't this, it's something else, this Sub Forum has really killed my mental image of America.
I was planning to go there at some point, but after seeing what I've seen in these threads...

Diablo1099:

Kopikatsu:

Don't worry, most of the US R%P-population aren't raving madmen with guns (most of them).

But yeah, this seems like a pretty shitty idea. When is it supposed to take place?

The worst part is that no-matter what happens, shit will follow. They march and get let through? The extreme nutjobs will get pushier, since they have gotten their will through once, they can do it again.
They get denied? More debacle and mistrust.
It turns into a firefight? Ugh..

Realitycrash:
Don't worry, most of the US R%P-population aren't raving madmen with guns (most of them).

But yeah, this seems like a pretty shitty idea. When is it supposed to take place?

The worst part is that no-matter what happens, shit will follow. They march and get let through? The extreme nutjobs will get pushier, since they have gotten their will through once, they can do it again.

It's not the posters, it's the news, This, that Creationist on the Scientific board, All the doom and Gloom for the middle class, the Drone Memo

I'm just worried for my friends, This country just seems to get more and more horrible as you look at it.

Diablo1099:

Realitycrash:

It's not the posters, it's the news, This, that Creationist on the Scientific board, All the doom and Gloom for the middle class, the Drone Memo

I'm just worried for my friends, This country just seems to get more and more horrible as you look at it.

Chill out, we'll be around, bickerin' n' bitchin', for another few decades.

(Because that's when Dan says the Singularity will happen).

Realitycrash:
Chill out, we'll be around, bickerin' n' bitchin', for another few decades.

(Because that's when Dan says the Singularity will happen).

Still, I do lose some sleep thinking that my Art Student friend might get booted onto the streets because of Student Debt.
And that one time another friend of mine nearly got sued by one of those Copyright Troll Companies.

Just I get what you are saying, but doesn't really relax me much.

Realitycrash:

July 4. So, we'll be talking about this for ages. I'm hoping the thing fizzles as people forget, or realise what an extremely unwise idea it is.

I think it's great that there are some people willing to protest to this extent on the theft of their freedoms. Every gun owner should turn up there on that day,whether they're part of that protest or a separate one.

FreedomofInformation:
I think it's great that there are some people willing to protest to this extent on the theft of their freedoms. Every gun owner should turn up there on that day,whether they're part of that protest or a separate one.

If you are serious, I'd like to ask you to explain your motivation for such thoughts. If you aren't, please be aware that there's a thin line between sarcasm and trolling, and trolling isn't taken lightly on this subforum.

Realitycrash:

FreedomofInformation:

If you are serious, I'd like to ask you to explain your motivation for such thoughts. If you aren't, please be aware that there's a thin line between sarcasm and trolling, and trolling isn't taken lightly on this subforum.

With some of the people we have on this forum.. I mean.

Judging from his former posts he's serious, be careful with accusing others of trolling though. It is just as much against the rules as actually doing it.

Well I think people are confused on American Gun culture, and even I don't understand it 99 percent because there are fringe elements, etc etc. I should made a thread about this, but decided not to since it already has been referenced so this is why Americans have a strong gun culture. I think these people marching are the core element( history lovers,right wing)

http://www.cracked.com/article_20396_5-mind-blowing-facts-nobody-told-you-about-guns_p2.html

Pretty disgusting that people in this thread are really hoping for some sort of blood shed to occur (the marchers being the ones shedding the blood).

"YOU evil, vile, gun rights supporter! Guns are dangerous, deadly things designed just to KILL! I hope you get SHOT during this event!"

So hypocritical.

MichiganMuscle77:
Pretty disgusting that people in this thread are really hoping for some sort of blood shed to occur (the marchers being the ones shedding the blood).

"YOU evil, vile, gun rights supporter! Guns are dangerous, deadly things designed just to KILL! I hope you get SHOT during this event!"

So hypocritical.

You seem to have missed the people who were already setting the grounds for false flag accusations.

I do agree that hoping for bloodshed just so one can go "I told you so" is disgusting, though.

Vegosiux:
I do agree that hoping for bloodshed just so one can go "I told you so" is disgusting, though.

Yeah, but when it comes down to it, it appears that Americans seem to not understand anything until they're forced to see the consequences of their behavior in a massively concentrated and bloody dose. 30,000 people die in the US a year as the result of firearms, 1/3rd of which are homicides. Under almost any other circumstance, there would be some kind of national legislative response to address that kind of problem, but in the US, even asking for the most basic of screening for access to a deadly weapon is met with screams of "tyranny" from people who sound like children whose parents are threatening to take their Game Boy away. At a certain point, all logic on one side of the gun debate was lost in favor of conspiracy mongering ("they're coming to take your guns away") and paranoia ("we need guns to protect ourselves from the government"), and it has effectively taken over one major political party.

When half of one party's voters think violent revolution will be necessary to protect "liberty" (or rather, their concept of what they think is liberty), the time for reason has ended. No amount of "don't touch the stove" is going to convince them until their hands are being patched up at the burn ward. They need to see firsthand what they are fighting for, and I see few alternatives to letting them gun each other down in the street with all those weapons they can buy because of some narcissistic view of "freedom."

The Gentleman:

Vegosiux:

Yeah, but when it comes down to it, it appears that Americans seem to not understand anything until they're forced to see the consequences of their behavior in a massively concentrated and bloody dose. 30,000 people die in the US a year as the result of firearms, 1/3rd of which are homicides. Under almost any other circumstance, there would be some kind of national legislative response to address that kind of problem, but in the US, even asking for the most basic of screening for access to a deadly weapon is met with screams of "tyranny" from people who sound like children whose parents are threatening to take their Game Boy away. At a certain point, all logic on one side of the gun debate was lost in favor of conspiracy mongering ("they're coming to take your guns away") and paranoia ("we need guns to protect ourselves from the government"), and it has effectively taken over one major political party.

When half of one party's voters think violent revolution will be necessary to protect "liberty" (or rather, their concept of what they think is liberty), the time for reason has ended. No amount of "don't touch the stove" is going to convince them until their hands are being patched up at the burn ward. They need to see firsthand what they are fighting for, and I see few alternatives to letting them gun each other down in the street with all those weapons they can buy because of some narcissistic view of "freedom."

I wholeheartedly disagree, if they were gunning down eachother that's one thing. But I don't want to read about them gunning down Washington Policemen for doing their job.

Nikolaz72:

Realitycrash:

FreedomofInformation:

Judging from his former posts he's serious, be careful with accusing others of trolling though. It is just as much against the rules as actually doing it.

I'm fully aware of the rules. It's one thing to ask a person to clarify, and in turn warn them that trolling isn't acceptable, it's another to say 'stfu troll'.
I feel confident in what I'm doing will get my non-hostile intent across. But thanks anyway.

The Gentleman:

Vegosiux:

It took 7 pages for this to derail into a gun-debate? A certain someone isn't doing his job. Or maybe he's banned now.

The Gentleman:
Yeah, but when it comes down to it, it appears that Americans seem to not understand anything until they're forced to see the consequences of their behavior in a massively concentrated and bloody dose.

To be fair though, that's not confined to USAliens, reforms commonly follow disasters, or at least things reported as such.

Now, while it might seem worthwhile for a bunch of criminals to shoot each other up as protest that gets reforms made, it doesn't seem unlikely that things will spread from there. I could well see the US's political and economical system taking a hammering sparked by that, and the world doesn't need another GFC.

Realitycrash:
It took 7 pages for this to derail into a gun-debate? A certain someone isn't doing his job. Or maybe he's banned now.

Nah, this was a gun debate from the first page, it was just more focused on the "no, adding guns to a hostile situation does not improve said situation" track while my point (which I can reasonably assume was the point of others who were on the "I wouldn't be sad if this turns into a bloodbath" track as well) was that the fringe that controls the gun debate needs to see that more guns makes you and everyone around you less safe, not more, and that it needlessly escalates situations.

Nikolaz72:
I wholeheartedly disagree, if they were gunning down eachother that's one thing. But I don't want to read about them gunning down Washington Policemen for doing their job.

Honestly, I'm torn. We all know that the lunatic fringe that is being represented by this march is a very small part of the gun rights movement, and that most reforms, such as background checks and licencing, are generally supported by broad majorities. The problem is that a moderate part of the gun rights crowd has effectively let the lunatics speak on their behalf, and I'm wondering if they would be so willing to let the crazies speak for them if they started gunning down police officers in the capital...

thaluikhain:
To be fair though, that's not confined to USAliens, reforms commonly follow disasters, or at least things reported as such.

Now, while it might seem worthwhile for a bunch of criminals to shoot each other up as protest that gets reforms made, it doesn't seem unlikely that things will spread from there. I could well see the US's political and economical system taking a hammering sparked by that, and the world doesn't need another GFC.

At this point, I'm at the end of my rope on both fronts. The US had a series of mass shootings over the last several years and did nothing. The global financial crisis resulted in almost meaningless reforms and mass austerity despite most economists stating that it would be a terrible idea. I fear that what we experienced in 2008 was a precursor to something much bigger because people didn't respond to the previous one with the same level of urgency as it should have, but a 1929 style crash, while extremely painful for just about everybody, may be needed to force a course correction.

I feel compelled to check the URL repeatedly, could swear I clicked on an Alex Jones truther discussion by mistake.

The Gentleman:
Yeah, but when it comes down to it, it appears that Americans seem to not understand anything until they're forced to see the consequences of their behavior in a massively concentrated and bloody dose.

It's not a collective behavior, it's the behavior of disconnected group of real crazies (who actually commit firearm violence) unlike the "crazies" you bizarrely label people who don't go around shooting people (as much as you would like them to, in order for us stupid Americans to see the "reality", at least the one you believe in).

I would laugh at the lunacy of this conversation, if it wasn't honestly what people walk around believing.

The Gentleman:
30,000 people die in the US a year as the result of firearms, 1/3rd of which are homicides. Under almost any other circumstance, there would be some kind of national legislative response to address that kind of problem, but in the US, even asking for the most basic of screening for access to a deadly weapon is met with screams of "tyranny" from people who sound like children whose parents are threatening to take their Game Boy away.

200,000 people die each year from medical errors in the US.

Alcohol kills 75,000 a year

Smoking kills 440,000 per year.

But no, forget those things. It's the 30,000 deaths a year from guns that we should freak out about.

Kopikatsu:

The Gentleman:
30,000 people die in the US a year as the result of firearms, 1/3rd of which are homicides. Under almost any other circumstance, there would be some kind of national legislative response to address that kind of problem, but in the US, even asking for the most basic of screening for access to a deadly weapon is met with screams of "tyranny" from people who sound like children whose parents are threatening to take their Game Boy away.

But no, forget those things. It's the 30,000 deaths a year from guns that we should freak out about.

While the medical errors thing should be discussed as it is a problem, it would probably just lead to screams of Obamacare being socialist tyranny that is trying to take your freedoms away and will bankrupt the country. As for smoking, it's already regulated as hell and you can't go a few hours of TV without seeing one of those Truth adds about it. Alcohol is also regulated, just not as badly as tobacco. Though, tobacco and alcohol actually have a use besides killing things so that may contribute to why you'd focus more on guns instead of them.

Kopikatsu:

The Gentleman:

Accident and mostly Non-preventable, will always happened to an extend, not much can be done. (People somewhat in favor if solution is found, as far as I know none have shown themselves.) [Has a use besides killing]

Selfinfilcted and somewhat preventable Non-preventable with ban. (People strongly opposed)[Has a use besides killing]

Selfinfilcted and somewhat preventable with ban. (People strongly opposed)[Has a use besides killing]

Inflicted on others, malicious in nature, somewhat preventable with control. (People somewhat in favor)[Doesn't have a use besides killing]

It's almost as if there is a reason for people being the most pissed off about Guns, and pressing the matter. Almost as if it is one of the few things taking tens of thousands of lives, making the country a more dangerous place, that they could do something about.

Kopikatsu:

The Gentleman:

Did you watch Thank You For Smoking?

Nikolaz72:

Inflicted on others, malicious in nature, somewhat preventable with control. (People somewhat in favor)[Doesn't have a use besides killing]

skeet shooting
target shooting

There ya go, your grievance debunked.

Also, since when is hunting immoral? Especially since there are many Americans that count on that supplemental income, especially in the rural areas.

If 20,000 of the 30,000 deaths are suicide; I don't think it matters whether they used guns, rope, razors, ovens, exhaust fumes. Their impulsive wish to take their own life is the cause of their death, not the implement. Tired of hearing it without context. The number is gonna keep dropping like a rock as well since birth rates are at 100 year lows. There will be a shortage of young males to commit all the murders that they are 90% responsible for... unless Obama screws up so bad that there are roving bands of mad max senior citizens on rascals with spikes, killing people for their prescription cards.

The only reason we're having this conversation now is because the government wants to take away your freedoms to keep you safe- but it's not the government's job to keep you safe. It's their job to protect your freedom and your liberty. To keep someone safe is to control every aspect of their lives, to protect them from themselves, and it's an excuse for tyranny.

Mankind is utterly out of control, there are too many damn people and not enough resources, poverty will ensue. In a global economy, it's no longer just one country's problem. As things continue to get worse, tyranny and government crack downs will be the only answer to maintain order. They're getting ready for what's unavoidable.

So debate amongst yourselves following cues from the mass media, but me, I buy firearms and I will not give them up. I will bury them in the ground if I even think there is a chance of confiscation. Talk is cheap.

Ryotknife:
[quote="Nikolaz72" post="528.407475.17077220"]

Also, since when is hunting immoral? Especially since there are many Americans that count on that supplemental income, especially in the rural areas.

Killing stuff for shits n giggles?
Killing stuff in order to sell their body?
Killing stuff in order to just eat it?

Yeah, I think it's immoral. I don't care for any gun-debate, but killing animals just because you can? Yeah, I disapprove.

Realitycrash:

Nikolaz72:

Realitycrash:

I'm fully aware of the rules. It's one thing to ask a person to clarify, and in turn warn them that trolling isn't acceptable, it's another to say 'stfu troll'.
I feel confident in what I'm doing will get my non-hostile intent across. But thanks anyway.

I'm sorry but what is your point. I think my post was pretty easy to understand.

What you should be questioning is all the people who would be quite happy for other Americans to get shot or for police to be corrupt or deliberately start trouble from within a protest as has been done numerous times before.

xDarc:
If 20,000 of the 30,000 deaths are suicide; I don't think it matters whether they used guns, rope, razors, ovens, exhaust fumes. Their impulsive wish to take their own life is the cause of their death, not the implement. Tired of hearing it without context.

Ropes require preparation. Razors and ovens are painful and take some time to bleed out or melt your brain(?). Exhaust fumes require preparation and take time. How much preparation does it take to get a gun ready for firing? It takes loading it with a single bullet. How much time do you have to reconsider your suicide once you've started it? The time between having the gun in your mouth and pulling the trigger.

Guns are an immediate way to kill yourself that require little effort to actually go through with, unlike a lot of the other ways one can kill themselves. There's little chance of failure with a gun, while a noose can come undone, a family member might find you bleeding out in the tub or passed out in the car, and people can survive falls and traffic accidents.

The only reason we're having this conversation now is because the government wants to take away your freedoms to keep you safe- but it's not the government's job to keep you safe. It's their job to protect your freedom and your liberty. To keep someone safe is to control every aspect of their lives, to protect them from themselves, and it's an excuse for tyranny.

So, it's not the job of the government to keep its citizens safe? How then do you explain some of the actions that are done by the government?

Traffic laws? Your freedom to drive however you want is taken away for the safety of the public.
OSHA? The employers' freedom to operate a business however they want is taken away for the safety of the workers.
Laws in general? Your freedom to do whatever the fuck you want is taken to keep you from doing whatever the fuck you want.

Mankind is utterly out of control, there are too many damn people and not enough resources, poverty will ensue. In a global economy, it's no longer just one country's problem. As things continue to get worse, tyranny and government crack downs will be the only answer to maintain order. They're getting ready for what's unavoidable.

And do you have a source about our supposed lack of resources? Last time I checked, we had enough food, water, and space for everyone, we just have a shit way of distributing all of it. As for government cracking down, if people start getting ready to riot than yes the government will probably crack down a bit, because that's kinda what you're supposed to do; throwing the word tyranny in the sentence doesn't make it bad.

So debate amongst yourselves following cues from the mass media, but me, I buy firearms and I will not give them up. I will bury them in the ground if I even think there is a chance of confiscation. Talk is cheap.

And I'm sure your firearms will do so much good against the full force of the government. Why face the reality that you have no fucking chance against Drones, tanks, trained soldiers, planes, dogs, boats, and anything else the government comes up with in the meantime, you're someone who labels any exercise of government power tyranny, what could any of that possibly do to you?

FreedomofInformation:

Realitycrash:

Nikolaz72:

I'm sorry but what is your point. I think my post was pretty easy to understand.

What you should be questioning is all the people who would be quite happy for other Americans to get shot or for police to be corrupt or deliberately start trouble from within a protest as has been done numerous times before.

I am questioning that as well. I am just wondering why you support armed citizens breaking the law (bringing carried weapons into a no-carry zone)?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked