Research Paper on a Controversial Subject

Pages PREV 1 2

Trivun:
[quote="IWCAS" post="538.353213.14067663"]
EDIT: By the way, reading your OP edit about how Euthanasia is a "no-brainer", I wonder what you mean by that? I merely ask because I'm interested to know your thoughts on that subject. Personally, I think euthanasia should be allowed, because of two very easy reasons. First, everybody should have the right to decide for themselves whether they want to live or die (the exact same reason regular suicide is no longer illegal). Second, the old classic - you wouldn't let a pet suffer in such conditions, you'd have it put down to save it the misery, so how is keeping a human alive and sufferng in such a way 'humane' in any sense of the word? Answer - it isn't.

But yeah, my own views again. I'd simply be interested to hear yours as well... :P

Okay, I'm sure I done goof'd up the pyramid again, but let's ignore that.

First I'd like to say that you've definitely made more sense out of it than anyone else I've ever heard. I'm not necessarily against the whole couple thing--even if it's not really my forte-- I'm more against reproduction than anything. This is a pretty tough thing to talk about; I'll just let it go for now. I don't really feel like debating it... This just set me up for a wonderful paper though.

Second: I think it's pretty tough to argue that if BOTH doctor AND patient give consent, why the Hell would you stop the whole process? The argument is invalid. If someone wants to be put down (professionally, and humanely at that) and the doctor agrees, you can't just tell the person who is most likely in more pain than anyone can imagine, that it's wrong. We are all ignorant to their feelings. That leads me to the conclusion that anyone opposing euthanasia who hasn't experienced it on a personal level, has very little say on the subject.

I'd just be captain obvious if I did euthanasia.

Thanks for the read by the way! Hahaha.

Istvan:
Nuclear power vs. Coal power or the benefits of sweatshops.

Is coal even anywhere near as efficient?
Sweatshops seem to be pretty productive to me. China makes shit loads of shoes. In fact, they export kajilions of things due to sweatshop productivity. I'm not really sure what goes on in the sweatshops, so more than likely I'd just end up with Child Labor Laws.

Do you have your subject yet?

if not;
Gay rights (marriage)
Net Neutrality
Epidemic of Obesity
Legalizing Marijuana

IWCAS:

Giftfromme:
Whether the use of the bell curve system in schools has adverse affects on students.

I've never heard of that before. What is it?

lol thats random. its just a system used by most schools to place grades on a "curve" and to differentiate students

Giftfromme:

IWCAS:

Giftfromme:
Whether the use of the bell curve system in schools has adverse affects on students.

I've never heard of that before. What is it?

lol thats random. its just a system used by most schools to place grades on a "curve" and to differentiate students

Haha. I should have just Googled it. I feel like a big dumb idiot because recently I just "set the curve" for our English class. Wow. I feel like a failure. I'm sorry you had to deal with my brain fart.

Melanie McGreevey:

if not;
Gay rights (marriage)
Net Neutrality
Epidemic of Obesity
Legalizing Marijuana

Marijuana is also outlawed. Instructor informed us of that Wednesday. Gay rights was taken quickly. Net Neutrality has popped up a few times. That's a possible topic.

IWCAS:

Melanie McGreevey:

if not;
Gay rights (marriage)
Net Neutrality
Epidemic of Obesity
Legalizing Marijuana

Marijuana is also outlawed. Instructor informed us of that Wednesday. Gay rights was taken quickly. Net Neutrality has popped up a few times. That's a possible topic.

I led a debate team for Net Neutrality a few years ago while in college... interesting topic i don't see really going way.

Offworlder:
The influence of heavy metal on suicide. Lots of stories and such to research and look into, or is that not controversial enough.

Yeah lots of stories..... But no peer reviewed research which means any link being made has no factual basis. Now I'm the first one to bag on metal, for me it fails on so many levels that I actually can't stand to be around it, but to say that it kills people is just wrong

IWCAS:

Istvan:
Nuclear power vs. Coal power or the benefits of sweatshops.

Is coal even anywhere near as efficient?

This is from my physics textbook.

"Burning 1 atom of coal releases 5eV while the fission of 1 nucleus of uranium releases more then 200,000,000 eV."

So no, it is nowhere near as efficient.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked