The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 . . . 871 NEXT

Post moved.

"Right..." He said.If you work on you pronunciation, i might be able to understand you. Might i suggest Rosetta stone?" He said then had some more of his tea. "Now, i'll bid you farewell, as i must go and check up on my Gundam, Epyon. She has been in cryo as well, to prevent rust damage. I bid you farewell." he said before departing.

The Stella bot had been finished and was stood up on its own. she was still trying to gain her bearings when soul walked in.

"Oh god no..." Dani said as the wires around phoenix retracted and she sent the processing for the mask and cloak for him.

He walked into the room and looked at Phoenix and then at the newly born Stella. "Hi... I guess... If you're ok with it i think..." he said, his tone immediately making everyone in the room feel depressed.

Shaun, Storm-178, Dark Shaun & everyone else.

"OH HELL NO!"

Teri had long stop thinking of the Spiritual Weapon at this point, and auto-ed to be a bother to D.Shaun until it dissipated. In the meantime, her Tablet had begun floating before her fingertips as she rapidly began to type away. If he was going to play Author Hardball; she'd be happy to serve. With a hasty hit of the 'enter' key, the cross was hit with a bucket of water and began to rapidly corrode; falling to the floor in a pile of rust. Staring D.Shaun dead in the face, Teri's words were crystal clear as they rang from her tablet:

"You're not the only Author here, Shadow. Dad, have at him! Dimitri, find the location of the REAL Shaun."

"Commencing scan now. I'll alert you when I get the first update..."

Angelus, Caim, Cutie Bruisers, Devon, Tajuh

As the group began traversing the halls, and said halls were getting smaller and smaller, Angelus had taken the down time to revert back to her human form; a change that was somewhat welcome to all. Not worrying about being crushed was a wonderful thing. As they rounded a corner, they saw as a smaller group was gathered around a passed out soldier (Storm), an angry Rugal and the Cleric... who's Tablet was floating? Of course, that's when they heard:

"You're not the only Author here, Shadow."

Caim turned to Devon with shock and pointed, "You know him? He certainly seems to know the Healer..."

"It matters not, Caim! What does is that we've a rogue Author on our hands! There's no time to waste!"

"Right!"
"Exterminate his ass!"

And so, with the Cuties getting ready to deliver death from above, Angelus and Caim readied themselves to begin their frontal assault.

Rugal

The King of Fighters paused when the Cross came up, recalling that time he forcefully extracted Tomoya's power.
From the looks of things, it seems like the Author was just as upset about that was Tomoya was.
"...Oh crap..." He sighed as he backed slowly up, noting the dozens of needles that has dug into Tomoya's spine and body.
Lucky, Teri removed it from play with her own Author powers.
Following some words of encouragement from Slin, he barked back "Yeah, I mean, Sure, I should have been tied in a room and slowly drained of my essence for the rest of life. And I'd totally understand why I was there. But Noooooo...You had to bring everything else, Everyone Else into this because facing me like a man was too hard for you. Well, you want this blood? Should have got it yourself rather then have some Emo knock offs get it for you!"

Thus he pounced for the kill as everyone else went in to attack.

...Huh....this went a lot better in my head... the Dark Author thought before set about trying to fight the incoming characters, failing in his task as he was stuck by Rugal with a large hook first, which sent him into Caim's Sword, Angelus's Fire, Ton-Ton's Knife, Cadolbolg's claws, Teri's Spiritual Weapon, Dillon's Sword and so on.
All of them descended on the author in a horrible flurry of attacks, none of which stopped and asked themselves:

Why would a Author let himself be imprisoned on his own ship? The Answer?
As Rugal laid the last hit on the Author, they found out why.

As a rather cruel "Fuck You", he bound a copy himself to his Good side, whatever he felt, his other-side did too.
And he watched it all on the cameras, Rugal bashing the copy's face in, Shaun reacting to it on the other.
"...More popcorn Tomoya?"
"Yes Master, Got any salt?"

This went on until Dimitri found Shaun's cell open and the writer trashing on the ground in pain and feeds from the other-side of the ship showing Dark Shaun and Dark Tomoya...
"....Oh my-MY LADY! STOP THEM RIGHT NOW! THAT IS NOT THE REAL DARK SHAUN!" He shouted as Teri as Rugal gleefully strangled the copy's life out, unaware he was also killing someone else.[/quote]

Shaun, Storm-178, Dark Shaun & everyone else.

Slindis immediately went to stop Rugal the second Dimitri passed the message over. "Rugal, Hold on" Tape the mouth shut if you have to, but you can't kill him! You're wasting your energy!" Seeing that he was still thoroughly into it, she lifted the man like he was a stack of books and put him to the side.

Lupito held Melethia back by blocking her, disappointing the girl.

And Devon noted as he wasn't really able to do anything that Tajuh hadn't even bothered to join the fight. Had he known the whole time?

Rugal

"YEAH! WHERE IS YOUR GODHOOD NOW?! HUH!? GET OFF ME!" Rugal shouted as he was dragged off the dead Author by Slindis, something what was bound to tickle Angelus's funny bone, seeing how often she did the same.
Nearly lashing out at her before he confirmed that he was in fact dead, he calmed himself down and said "...Problem solved. Now for Tomoya..." as he fixed himself up, unaware of the situation with the real Shaun.

All the while on the feed, Shaun, while still alive, was clearly in a bad state as bones broke and blood vessles busted from being on the meta-psychical end of a massive beating.
Thus he just slumped on the ground and passed out from the pain.

Phoenix Nemesis

The Mother of all awkward silences filled the room as Soul walked in, resulting in the trio of Phoenix, Stella and Soul just staying still and glancing at each other.
"...That man in the chair is a perfect representation of my true inner pain..." Soul stated, causing Phoenix to retort {.....You think you have problems?....No...wait, you do......uhhhh....}
He then began praying that Dani would hurry up already.

bluecrimson:

The whole gang and the unlucky Dark-Shaun

Dillon stopped himself before he stabbed the copy woith his blades.
"You know I suspect someone is somehow going to turn this into saying it's my fault." he said trying to alleive the grim circumsytances with faked bitterness.
"Teri Is there any way you can heal him and the good side will be healed too?" he looked at the almost Dead Dar shuan, he felt a bit of shame he had almost let hius id take control, he was angry at himslef for almosyt letting himself handing all over all control to his insane side.
he flew over to the Good Shaun.
"Your the one I know, the friend I had so long ago." His eyes had lost their intensity.
"You have to hold on, I-I couldnt live with myself If I was responsible for your death."

Too many names...

As Dimitri's voice filled the air, (as well as Garm pulling her away from the scene), Teri looked at her tablet in confusion as she had the feed playing on the screen. Almost immediately, horror filled her eyes, and the girl scrambled to climb atop her wolf; a desperate, "Garm, we need to get going!" falling out as she readied herself for the wolf's charge. After Garm was certain that his pup was ready to go; he pointed himself in the direction ordered by Teri and sped off; leaving anyone watching confused.

"I can feel my inner depths reverberating with the pain and suffering filled inside your grunts and other noises that have come from your mouth..." he said looking down the to his duel disk. "Oh... yeah... I want to fight... you... not that i want to hurt people... i just want to get it out of my system..." the depressed guy said. "So... uh.... I guess i challenge you... yeah... that works..."

Stella finally gained her surroundings and her eyes immediately focused on Pheonix. "Is that.. you Phoenix?" she asked, nervously approaching him.

Too many names...

Seeing her student head off, Slindis called to Lupito and the Mother and adopted daughter rode off after Teri. The ship still wasn't safe, and she wasn't going to leave her student alone.

Meanwhile, Devon Casted a Cure Moderate Wounds spell on Storm, bringing him awake again. "Second time in the past two weeks. You sme kind of masochist?"

Too many names...

Surprising enough, Teri found no difficulty in getting to the Real Shaun's cell. Perhaps it was the chaos that the group had caused scattered Tomoya's forces willy nilly?

"Or maybe we killed all of them..." she thought grimly as she Garm turned a corner on Dimitri's call and then,

"We've arrived..."

Hopping off the wolf with a "Good boy!", the Cleric rushed into the cell with the dying Australian, getting various tools out of her satchel as she did so. Turning the boy on his back, she gave Shaun a look over and shook her head, "This doesn't look good... Garm, fulfill your name and guard the door."

Teri is taking 10 on her Heal check, which brings her Heal check to a 21! It'll take 10 minutes, but Shaun will live! Also, he heals for 6 points of damage, on account of Teri's skill trick, Healing Hands; which gives a d6 of healing when Teri stabilizes a dying character!

Shaun, Storm-178 & everyone else.

The spartan sighed as he awoke once more to the sight of Devon. "How much do I have to pay this time?" He joked to Devon ass he awoke to the pain in his face. "Ah, ah ... ow. I don't like getting beat up that like, but at least now I can sympathize with puppets." Storm said as he got up and picked up to equip his helmet. A frown appeared just on his face as he placed it on his head, he didn't like it how they had to violate his suit to 'save' him.

As the systems checked to see everything was okay Alpha came up on his screen. "Feeling better." A happy voice called out to him, yet when he heard her voice a smile appeared on his face once more. "Yeah I do, but I have to check on him." Storm said as he stood up sighing as he saw the state of his armor and looked to Devon, "Thanks for the heal, I'll need to pay you back some day." He waved at the powered authors and walked away.

Storm came in time when Teri had healed Storm, the spartan loomed over another version of him wondering what to do.
He wanted to save him from this universe and send him back to his world, yet the voice of justice called out in him wanting him to go before the judgement of God or something. Shaking the feeling he concentrated on the Author's health.

"I'll carry him if you want. Wouldn't want him to run or worse ... die." Storm said grimly as he looked at the boy. "We should hurry though, their ultimate weapon is almost charged. We have to both destroy the controls and Tomoya..

Dark Tomoya & Dark Shaun.

The two central forces collided in the main chamber. Dark Shaun stood by the entrance and Tomoya was sitting on his throne smiling. "Why ... WHY ... you should bow down to me! The dark Author yelled at his own creation but only got a smile back. "Ah, ah, ahh ... what will I do with you. Sorry kid but I have my OWN will now, just like your whole self gave the past me a long time ago." Tomoya only smiled and drank a glass of wine. A dark frown came from the Dark Shaun, the kid decided to suddenly charge the fallen Archangel and use his author powers.

Using the replica of Excalibur again slashed at the Demon Prince. "Ah, ah, ah, you didn't say the magic word." Tomoya joked as each slash was deflected by a invisible force while Tomoya sat on his throne. Dark Shaun raised his hand and attempted to crush Tomoya with the chamber walls but as it got into Tomoya's range it stopped and returned.

"I'm sick of this ... you are mine now." He could only said as he made a swatting motion and invisible slashes began to tore open Dark Shaun, only leaving him kneeling. Tomoya hopped off his throne as walked in front of D.Shaun, "Serve me and I will ensure that your full self won't be harmed. Tomoya said still with a sadistic smile.

D.Shaun only frowned but bowed to the villain. "Fine ... what can I do?" he managed to spat out, Tomoya only laughed as he sent the kid to the main controls of the Blackhawke gun to make sure it fires.

What am I going to do with all these names? D:

As Slindis rode off on the wolf with Storm in hot pursuit, Devon went over to Dillon and shook his head. "Really? You're going to try and put the blame on yourself? Get a hold of yourself. Teri and Slindis went after them, and I know for a fact that Slindis can bring him back as long as he didn't permanently lose any limbs. Believe me, Shaun's in good hands to face whatever's coming up next." If Dillon were to focus, he could feel the taint of Hell on the man, but he otherwise seemed on the up and up.

Slindis, Teri, Garm, Lupito, Storm, Shaun, Melethia

Slindis entered the room right when Teri had healed Shaun. Although this man was possibly the main reason behind what had happened if the clues were correct, she knew that letting him get killed would be the greater punishment as she placed both hands on the Austrailian.

"Live, so that you may see exactly what it is you have wrought." Her hands glowed and Teri could feel the massive rush of Positive energy flow into the man, utilizing the areas that had already been set up for a full healing by Teri to restore him,

Slindis uses one Lay on Hands attempt, instantly healing the author for 186 HP! Uses left: 3

After Storm's message, Slindis put a thumb on the ring and talked into it. "The man has been healed. Everyone, we need to get to the main command area before they fire off this weapon!" This message was able to be heard by everyone that had gotten the rings earlier, including Riki and Kud. Unfortunately, since Dillon had not gotten a ring due to him not having talked to a member of the Hagane earlier, he was not able to get the message.

Rugal

The second Rugal heard the order, he answered "Copy that, We'll meet you there. Okay, We're the Advance team. Dimitri, give me a route to the weapon, ASAP. EVERYONE KEEP UP!"
Stepping into his rightful captain role, he led Dillon, Devon, Caim, Angelus, the Cutie Bruisers and Tajuh out of the Prison, sprinting quickly as he did so.
Dimitri quickly gave a map to Rugal's PDA.
"Sir, I've sent a cop-"
"Relay the directions to me, can't stop to check!" He interrupted as Dimitri began to act as a sort of Sat Nav, leading them to the room housing the Black Hole Gun.
"Turn left in 100 yards"

Ship's Bridge (Tomoya, Dark Shaun)

"ALL UNITS READY!?" Dark Shaun shouted over the intercom to the firing team as Tomoya watched, ready to punish his Author for any misgivings during the firing.
"Target set, ready to fire." His underling answered, much to the duo's delight.
"Perfect...Main Screen." Tomoya ordered as a feed of the weapon came up, ready to kill all in the world.
"...Oh, this is what it was all about...READY!....AIM!.....FIR-"
Before he could give the order to seal Earth's fate, The power for that part of the ship failed, plunging both him and the Weapon Crew into pitch black darkness.
"...WHAT?! WHAT HAPPENED!? DID THE WEAPON FIRE!?"
Dark Shaun panicky looked over the status of the Weapon: Offline.
"...ummmm...The....Power is out..."
"....you have got to be kidding me. HOW?!"
"I-i-i-i-i Don't know!...." he stammered as Tomoya pressed the tip his sword against the back of his neck.
"...Ohhhh...crap..."
Dark Shaun was in for it now.
"...Fix. It."
"...Yes, my Lord."

The Imps that Devon Sicced on the Ship's Power Grid had paid off in kind.

Phoenix Nemesis

"......"
Phoenix had no idea how to react to Soul's strange...whatever it was he was getting at, He didn't want to fight, getting his limbs blown off and sliced off hurt! a Lot! Even if it couldn't kill him.
Suddenly, all that faded from his mind as Stella came back into being.

He nodded to her question of really being Phoenix and sprouted a Tentacle from his shoulder to reach a pen and paper behind him.
He wrote the following on it:

Yes, I am Phoenix Wright, though thanks to the efforts of Wesker...
Still, I am who I say I am, proof?
Your name is Stella, you used to be a vampire and are uncomfortable about having to swim.
Think. How many people where there when I asked you to help me get to the underground Ruins of Blacknoah?

A simple fact check would prove that it was infact Phoenix Wright in the shell of the Nemesis T Type.

Team Wrecking Ball

With Dimitri on duty for navigation, finding the way to the Weapons Control Room was a breeze. Readying their weapons/equipment/whatever, the group was not surprised to find another group of Tomoya's forces inside upon arrival. After all, this WAS where the black hole gun was being kept.

Caim and Angelus gave each other a quick smirk, and the pair charged in, fire and blade at the ready.

The Cuties took a similar route, with Cadolbolg flying high into the air for Ton Ton to leap from (and hopefully, get a drop on someone.)

Teri, Melethia, Shaun, Slindis, Storm

With Shaun's condition restored to normal, Teri gave a thankful nod to Storm's request; "Thank you, Storm. But please, do not hesitate to call to attention being sore, stiff, tired or any of the like. I am here for just that reason."

Cleaning off her hands with a water bottle and some cloth (to which she refilled said bottles with a quick Create Water spell) the girl got up and looked to her Master and Melethia; "Sorry for running off like that. If the Real Shaun were to die off... Well, I don't know if he released Tomoya from his life like I did for those under me, but I doubt it would be pretty, death or no..."

After Slindis shouted her command, Teri nodded grimly, scaling Garm again and looked to Storm; giving a clear indicator she expected him and Shaun to ride the wolf with her.

bluerocker:

Dillon looked at Teri, knowing the good Shaun was going to survive he wasn't in any emotional distress.
"You told me Tomoya turned evil, and not my kind of evil the real actual evil."
Slindis and the other five looked at him.
"Teri.... what is he talking about?"
Dillon sighed.
"Look being human I have selfish needs and desires, it's amplified into making my Id an entity within my brain and occasionally he'd hijack my mind and make me a jerk. It's easy to spot because my body physically changes.
So if you want to take umbrage with the fact that I have inner demons to fight, then well who here doesn't?"
He flared his wings and became airborne.
"I'm pissed now so can we find something to break?"

Diablo1099:
]

Team Wrecking Ball

When they entered the room, they saw the Dark Angel Tomoya Enter the room with a silent flash of lightning with the element radiating from him. It wasn't quite clear why it was not affecting the various electronics in the room, but perhaps the flickering lights in the room were from him draining the electricity in there. Not seeming to really care about Caim and Angelus killing off the primary defenders, he hovered over to those at the panels and gave them a withering glare, and the lightning flashing around him punctuated exactly what this failure would mean for them.

Just to make sure the others with a ring knew what was going on, Devon whispered into his ring, and everyone else with a ring heard the message clearly in their head.

"That Tomoya's one of my illusions. Don't attack it, but try to act like it's him. I can't give it sound, though, so keep that in mind." After that statement, he kept an eye on the room from near the entrance as he focused on keeping the illusion up.

Devon casts Silent Image! DC15 for the angels to disbelieve the illusion, and 12 seconds before another spell.

Teri, Melethia, Shaun, Slindis, Storm

Slindis turned to Teri as she got back on Lupito with her daughter. "I don't fault you for your judgement, but get someone else to head with you next time. I understand Garm defending you, but neither of you have any real defenses. For better or for worse, you aren't built for any sustained combat." With that, she she led up the rear with Melethia turned around to fire off arrows at those trying to sneak up on them. Luckily for them, the group of Angels Devon had helped see sense were spreading word to the other freed angels, making their path a good bit clearer.

Team Wrecking Ball

Angels rolled a 1 and are unable to tell Tomoya from the fake in the room

Rugal made a bee-line for the weapon's controls the second the team breached the room, hoping to disable it before they could fire.
He was nearly there when Devon released his Silent Image of Tomoya and used it to instill fear and panic in his men as they tired to get the gun online, allowing them to be picked off easier.
Then another Brilliant idea formed.
"TOMOYA!....IT'S OVER! SURRENDER WHILE YOU STILL CAN!" He shouted with the hammiest acting he could muster at the Image as he systematically smashed every computer and console he went past.
"YOUR WEAPON IS IN RUINS! YOUR ARMY IS DEFEATED! WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THAT, EVIL DOER?!" He shouted while reaching into his pocket and typing a message to Dimitri:
"Get all screens broadcasting this over the ship."

As Caim, Angelus and Tajuh routed the last of the guards in the room, Rugal made his intentions clear to Devon, to send out a live surrender of Tomoya all over the ship, causing the last of his men to flee and leave him defenseless.
"STUNNED WITH SILENCE I SEE! WELL, ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THEN WORDS! SO IF YOU WISH TO LIVE! KNEEL! AND SURRENDER YOURSELF AND YOUR SHIP BEFORE OUR COLLECTIVE MIGHT!"
Soon, a live feed of this was all over every single screen in the ship for everyone to see.
Brian Blessed would be proud.

Ship's Bridge (Tomoya, Dark Shaun)

All the while, the REAL Dark Tomoya watched, his eye starting to twitch at how badly everything was going.
"SHUT IT DOWN! NOW!" He shouted, not keen to loose the last of his forces to such a ruse.
"I'm trying, I'm trying!" Dark Shaun said as he was unable to override Dimitri's hacking, seeing how he didn't know how to counter act such cyber attacks, he was a Mass Communication Student, not a Computer Programmer!

Teri, Melethia, Shaun, Slindis, Storm, Misc. Angels

As they went to leave the Prison, the "Surrender" went live, causing anyone who was still hostile to freak out, their leader was surrendering!?
Some stood awe-stuck, others broke down and wept and the lucky ones to change to the Heroes's side cheered.
For the sake of convenience, lets just say Dimitri brought them up to speed on the plan as it happened.

BEHOLD THE POWER OF HAMMY ACTING!!

Dillon watched Rugals over the Top performance and gave the most epic of facepalms one so great those around him were compelled to facepalm with him.
"SUBTLETY, YOU NEED SUBTLETY, You can;t just screamn how screwed he is you need to slowly, savor the moment. Like this needs some serious work, your acting is AWFUL"
Dillon sighed.
"Whatever lets just get this thing over with, then we can move on."

Team Wrecking Ball

The Dark Tomoya in the command room glowered at Rugal before taking a knee before Rugal. He was clearly furious at what had happened, but the lightning was sputtering out, making it clear to those that believed the Illusion that he'd lost a majority of his strength in the battle before.

Holy shit, that actually worked...

Slindis turned to Dillon as she was clearly annoyed. "Look, it's working. is that so hard to admit?"

"It... it... realy is you!" She said and took a few stops forward. "But how am i alive? last i remember was being killed by some nazi..." she asked, not bothering to notice the fact that her shredded clothing was only just covering herself.

Dani answered that one. "Your soul is apart of me now. Well, the shattered fragments of it anyway. But i put your memories and recreated your personality based on your memories into an android body. You're not the original, but you're still Stella none the less. The only unfortunate thing is that you're not considered a person, you're considered property under law and Pheonix here owns you." The female explained.

Meanwhile, Soul was pulling out his deck and shuffling it. "One does not simply ignore my challenge..." he said, his personality becoming darker and more twisted with a look of insanity appearing on his face.

Team Wrecking Ball

Angelus, taking notice that the forces around them had stopped attacking, halted Caim, who was about to stab some poor bastard in throat, "Caim... They're done. Keep at the ready for stragglers, but nothing else needs done with them...."

Hearing these words, Caim's blade fell away from his (almost) victim's throat, but that didn't stop the warrior from giving him an intimidating grin:

"Don't move too much. If you know what's good for you."

Taking a similar cue from their parents, the Cuties gave intimidating looks of their own; which wouldn't have worked most of the time, were it not for the fact that the duo were covered in blood.

Teri, on the other hand, had a hoot about the hamming acting over the Tablet, "Oh my god, it's so hammy it could be served for Christmas dinner! I LOVE IT! A shame it's already over... Hamming it up is fun..."

Team Wrecking Ball

"AND THERE YOU HAVE IT! HE HAS SURRENDERED! YOUR BATTLE! IS LOST! YOUR WAR! IS OVER!" Rugal shouted while off screen prompting his "Supporting Cast" to cheer in time with his Speech as the camera panned over them, covered in Angel blood.

"NOW, AS FOR THE REST OF YOU! YOU MURDERERS! YOU SCOUNDRELS! YOU USELESS YES MEN! OUR ALLIES WILL BRING YOU TO THE HANGER BAY TO RENDER YOUR JUDGEMENT!"

"NOW GO! SURRENDER YOURSELVES! FOR THE END OF YOUR DAYS! HAS! ARRIVED!"

"...And CUT! That's a wrap people!" Dimitri said, getting into the fun as his avatar sat in a directors chair as he cut the feed.

After his acting session, Rugal double checked the gun was unable to fire (Read: Smashed the controls a second time) before saying "All Rising Dawn to my position...I know you are all tried and beaten, but so is he. He bleeds too. Therefore, he dies too." over the rings, beckoning everyone to his location.
Taking a seat and grabbing a drink, he catched his breath after his roaring rave in front of everyone.

Hostile Angels

Broken, Battered and defeated, the Angels loyal to the Dark Demon Prince reported to the Hanger, escorted by the resistance Angels to be cured of their corruption.
Movement around the entire ship was now free as no-one dared to raise an arm against the "Victors" of this war.

Phoenix Nemesis

The Nemesis did his best to smile despite his mutant form at Stella, this must have been hard for her.
Writing down again:
"Look, if you want, I can make you a legal human being, not "Property".
Also, Dani: I will never assist you in anything, but...thank you...for everything..."

It was clear that the events here was the best thing to happen to phoenix for a long time.

Looking over to Soul he "Said" {Eh, guess that body will be a while anyway, I guess I could go for a game or 2}.
Thus, he set himself up to Duel.

"No, it's ok Pheonix. I know you'll be nice to me and will treat me well. I'm fine with it in all seriousness." she said to him then looked over to Soul and her eye began to twitch.

Souls entire body language had changed, he looked insane, yet composed and confident. The straps on his jacket had come undone and he looked like a true evil villain. His voice also sounded deeper and more evil as well. "Well, well, well. Seems the Dog finally accepts the challenge. Prepare to fight Mutant Dog!" he said and drew his seven cards.

With a smirk He placed a card into the field slot. "I play Magic Citadel of Endymion!" he said and the entire room seemed to disappear as they were now in the courtyard of a magical citadel.

Then he placed a card face-down in the Trap/spell card area before summoning a monster. "I summon Defender, The Magical Knight! in defense position." he said and with a burst of wind, the knight was standing before them, roughly the same height as Phoenix.

The knights armor clinked with the cobble stone floor as he levitated down and stood there. He seemed as real as the world they now stood in, the warm sun beading down on Stella and Phoenix. "And i end my turn."

Phoenix Nemesis

{....Now that's just rude...} Phoenix groaned as he attempted to find some cards he could play against Soul but finding none.
With a confused look on his face he asked "memesis...ned...carrs..." (Nemesis Need Cards) clear enough for Soul to understand him.
He hoped the young man would be kind enough to lend him a deck of his own.
In his search, he picked up a reasonably clean sheet from one of the other chairs and draped it over Stella to protect her modesty.

Team Wrecking Ball

After the last of them fled, Devon took a seat for a much-needed breather. Even though that illusion had paid off big-time, he knew that if he had slipped up for even a moment, the illusion would have been revealed for what it was. That kind of stress after the fact would eat at anyone, really.

"Water, coffee, tea... I don't really care what it is, I need a drink here." As he plopped down in a chair, Rugal could see that the stress from pulling off that kind of illusion had worn him down, or perhaps it had been making it so believable that wore him out.

Tajuh checked up on the others there, satisfied that the ragtag group for the most part had come so far for this. There was still the issue of Dark Tommoya, but they had the momentum on their side.

As they neared the Command Center, Slindis and Melethia asked Teri the same question at the exact time. "What's Christmas?"

"No cards you silly mutant. This is a battle." he said and drew another card. "I summon Breaker, The Magical Warrior!" he said and played the card in attack mode.

He smirked. "Attack My Warrior!" he ordered and the knight charged forward and was soon infront of Nemesis. He took his Rapier and sliced down at Phoenix's tentacle, aiming to chop it off.

Team Wrecking Ball

When the tension broke, Caim called for a glass of wine, if it was avaliable. With the first hurdles cleared, it'd be a nice post-battle victory before taking on Tomoya. Settling in a chair, the warrior held out a hand for his draconic companion to join him, to which the dragon rolled her eyes; and pulled up a chair of her own. Perhaps if they were in more private company, she would have accepted the invitation. Here, among battle compatriots and the like; the dragon still felt the need to keep up her image, however flimsy it was.

"What's Christmas?"

The Cleric's face fell slightly upon hearing that question, but after reassuring herself that the two came from a universe where her God wasn't worshiped, began an explanation about the holiday:

"Well, generally speaking, Christmas is about gathering together family and loved ones together and celebrating that bond that all of you share. There's some religious connotations involved as well, as it's the Christian day of celebrating the birth of an avatar of the Christian God; even if there's still stuff up in the air as to whether it was really his birthday or not. But, you don't have to be Christian to enjoy it! Different people do different things; like decorating the house and cooking certain foods. There's all sorts of stuff you do! But the biggest tradition was the gift exchange on the day of. Essentially, everybody buys each others; and in my case I often made things, for one another and the presents would be wrapped up in colorful paper. They were really quite pretty to look at at times..."

As she talked about all these things, she had Dimitri bring up various images of Christmas related paraphernalia, trees, tinsel, and the like littering the screen as she talked about these things. Of course, Slindis noticed that Teri's expression edged towards the melancholy as she spoke of these things, but she continued,

"However, what I always remember the most was the stress that went into it. Getting the presents for everyone, mocking up the tree, cleaning the house before relatives arrived. I actually kind of hated it from time to time. But now... I... I feel a little petty for thinking that way; especially when-"

She stopped there, but shook her head, even when her eyes looked a little wet, "Heh heh, I'm sorry! I'm making it sound horrible! Really, it's meant to be a day to celebrate family and kinship, I promise! I guess talking about it just reminds me of home when I'm talking about it!"

Dillon shook his head; he tentatively put his hand on Teri's shoulder.
"Are you alright? Can you pull through we're almost at the end? I don't want to seem rude but," Dillon let out a sigh.
"I'd prefer if we could finish this then I can find out my fate afterwards."
That was all Dillon could admit but the others could tell he had doubts, what he didn't let on was that if these were the only heroes around then he could forget trying to be a hero, the heroes of the Rising Dawn, of HIS Rising Dawn, would cast him out in a second.
He readied his swords.
"Sometimes I don't know if the world is worth saving these days."

Dillon felt another note slip into his pocket.

There was a dark and evil laugh that filled Dillon's head when the hands retracted, leaving the note there.

Team Wrecking Ball

Unfortunately, there was no drink to be found in this room as the imps continued tearing apart the electrical systems. Thus, Devon hesitantly got up and kneeled down by Ton-Ton and taled to him with a somewhat dry voice. "Man, Ton-TOn, you're always getting dirty. LStill, that's why I'm here to clean you up." He cast the Prestidigation again, quickly cleaning up the Tonberry and leaving him with a light tingling from the magic.

Devon casts a Prestidigation, Cleaning Ton-TOn up! 18 seconds before the next level 0 spell, 6 before the next level 1 spell.

The Cleric shimmied away from Dillon's touch immediately and closer to Garm's muzzle as Slindis chatted to Teri on the last leg of the journey. "This festival sounds like it has much in common with Tirasday, so perhaps we could celebrate it next time it comes up? I'll look at the calendar for here to make sure, though."

After that statement, she turned her attention to Dillon with more than a bit of anger in her voice. "You honestly think that you and you alone can make the call on whether this world is worth saving? Really? What do you say to the billions of people when you eventually die if you say no? 'I'm sorry, but your life wasn't worth it?' Tira, the more that you talk, the more you show what kind of man you are! And to think that until recently, you were the captain of the Rising Dawn? Honestly!"

bluecrimson:

Teri, Melethia, Shaun, Slindis, Storm,Dillon, Misc. Angels

Dillon read the note seeing that picture imagining what horrors his wife and kids were enduring something snapped he fell to his knees hands clutching his head. Slindis's words Didn;t really Reach DIllon because the note had caught his attention.
Dillon's turmoil was harsh they could see his aura flicker as if something was consuming him.
His aura changed, they couldn't tell what it was before something that they would later learn (if they looked with open eyes) was an aura of good, changed to a sadistic cruel aura of malice, his hair became Raven Black his eyes no longer blue but yellow with slits for pupils and elongated canines.
A laugh escaped his insanely grinning lips.
"He licked his lips.
"It's been a while since I was free, (giggles insanely to himself), Poor chap must really be losing his mind, can't really blame him when everyone wants a piece of you it's hard to keep it together."
He laughed like a hyena.
"But your no fun to play with perhaps there's someone else I can hurt, I'd love to watch them bleed and make them look while I cut them into little pieces.
He laughed insanely and flew down a corridor looking for prey, looking to hunt.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 . . . 871 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here