Techland AAA open-world fantasy action RPG recruiting hiring development Dying Light 2 developer

Dying Light Dev Techland Is Making a AAA Open-World Fantasy Action RPG

Dying Light developer Techland has announced it is recruiting staff for a AAA open-world fantasy action RPG it has in development. Few details have been provided beyond that, though Techland is recruiting for a variety of roles in basically every discipline, from QA to IT to PR (all the two-letter departments!). The developer is rooted in Poland. The development team notably includes former CD Projekt Red staff, like Karolina Stachyra as narrative director and Arkadiusz Borowik as narrative lead.

Recommended Videos

Techland released zombie survival / parkour adventure Dying Light 2 back in February as one of the first major releases of 2022. It received a generally positive reception, and the game did right most of the things it was expected to get right. At the least, it reiterated that Techland knows how to make a content-packed open world, and it will be intriguing to see how it approaches a fantasy setting and action RPG mechanics.

If today’s news all sounds a bit familiar, you may be thinking of Funcom, which announced last week that it is recruiting for a Dune open-world survival game. Open worlds are not always cause for celebration, but done right, they can be extremely immersive.

In related news, The Escapist interviewed Techland lead gameplay programmer Bartosz Kulon last month for a Snapshot video detailing how the studio created its infamous overpowered dropkick.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Pokemon Sleep Confirms Entei as Next Legendary Pokemon Players Can Catch
Image of Entei in front of a fiery background, with the Pokemon Sleep logo in the corner
Read Article Critical Role Announces Candela Obscura Live Show & When Tickets Go on Sale
Read Article All Patch Notes for Dragon’s Dogma 2 April 25 Patch
Dragons Dogma 2 Arisen
Related Content
Read Article Pokemon Sleep Confirms Entei as Next Legendary Pokemon Players Can Catch
Image of Entei in front of a fiery background, with the Pokemon Sleep logo in the corner
Read Article Critical Role Announces Candela Obscura Live Show & When Tickets Go on Sale
Read Article All Patch Notes for Dragon’s Dogma 2 April 25 Patch
Dragons Dogma 2 Arisen
Author
John Friscia
Former Managing Editor at The Escapist. I have been writing about video games since 2018 and editing writing on IT, project management, and video games for around a decade. I have an English degree, but Google was a more valuable learning resource. I taught English in South Korea for a year in 2018, and it was exponentially more fun than living in Pennsylvania. My major passions in life are SNES, Japanese RPGs, Berserk, and K-pop. I'm currently developing the game Boss Saga with my brother, which is guaranteed to change your life and you should buy it.