Adventures at McBurger Planet: An Image-Based CYOA (On Hiatus Until We're Not)

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Adventures at McBurger Planet

A Choose Your Own Adventure Story

Words by Link_to_Future.

Pictures by Zero_Ctrl.

Hello everyone! Welcome to the first collaboration between myself and my good friend Zero!

A while ago we realized that there was a crippling lack of true CYOA stories on this site. After much deliberation we decided that we could be the ones to remedy this problem. Hope you guys are all willing to come along with us for this glorious experement. And trust us, it shall be glorious. :P

But enough of my rambling.

So how does this thing even work?

Well Mr. Hypothetical, I'm glad you asked!

Our CYOA style works on a very simple and basic structure in the tradition of the old MS Paint Adventures (Jailbreak, Problem Sleuth, Early Homestuck):

1. Zero will draw a pretty picture and I will write some pretty words.

2. The audience will then suggest to us what happens next in the story.

3. We will take these suggestions and figure out which ones we like the best.

4. See step 1.

I think that this style will work out for the best for everyone. The readers get to choose just how wacky/epic the story will be while the authors have a chance to exercise discretion if needed. I think we will all be very happy with this arrangement.

Well, as my mother said to me when she first handed me the keys to our 1973 Ford Pinto, "The best way to learn is with trial by fire." So without any further ado:

Let our story begin

Date: December 21, 2012
Time: 11:16 AM

This is your first day on the job at the restaurant owned by your father. Although he was proud that you finally decided to step into the family business, you are less than thrilled. It's hard for you to get as excited about flipping dead cow patties as your dear father always does.

You just needed the money to pay the bills. In a perfect world, you would be able to do this by living a life of adventure. Car chases and beautiful women and epic gunfights. And all of this before breakfast!

However, this is reality. You have little hope of crawling out from under the looming shadow of your father.

What do you do?

Let's get this party started!

>Show us your name tag! You can't be a McBurger Planet employee without a name tag!

Make thyself rations. Art thou needith nourishment on thy quest.

do something innovative and never heard of to get more customers! like deep frying the straws and napkins! people love deep fried things.

WafflesandBacon:
>Show us your name tag! You can't be a McBurger Planet employee without a name tag!

Oh yeah, your name tag. Guess you haven't gotten around to filling that in yet.

Not that you're going to. It's a stupid policy when working in a town with less than a hundred people. Everyone already knows your name!

SkyeNeko:
do something innovative and never heard of to get more customers! like deep frying the straws and napkins! people love deep fried things.

You are suddenly stricken with inspiration! People love deep fried goods!

Oreos!
Gummy Worms!
Tennis Shoes!
Napkins!
Straws!

Your business plan will propel this podunk franchise into the stratosphere!

You relay your winning idea to your manager.

He is less than receptive.

What do you do now?

Faces are fun!

he must want you to fry the mop. mop the floors with oil! itll be hard to resist!

You're the owner's son! You don't need to take that shit! Make him mop the floor or he's fired!

You can dance while cleaning the floor.
Alternatively, you can also use it as a spear, impale something tasty on it and put it in the hot oil.

First be the mop, then get shoved down the manger's throat.

SkyeNeko:
he must want you to fry the mop. mop the floors with oil! itll be hard to resist!

Yes! Ask him if you can deep-fry his snazzy lookin' hat! If it looks snazzy it HAS to taste snazzy!

big ol´texas bob arrive on his pimped out tricykle and orders the cucumber suprise whit whit melted bricks. big ol´texas bob head explodes beucase it tastes so colorful

@blibblop, it doesn't quite work that way.
You're supposed to give a suggestion for the character to do.
This is a reactionary story on the audiences part, the situations will be created mostly by Link and I.

NeoAC:
You're the owner's son! You don't need to take that shit! Make him mop the floor or he's fired!

Oh yeah, that would be a great idea if your father was a normal human being. But no, he's always going about 'building character' and the 'virtues of hard labor.'

"The entire world turns on the labors of the unseen."

Whatever Dad!

WafflesandBacon:
First be the mop, then get shoved down the manger's throat.

You fail to be the mop. It is an inanimate object that has not attained sentience.

Yet.

TheIronRuler:
You can dance while cleaning the floor.

No point in moping about mopping!

You dance the most disturbing jig you can think of while you gleefully drag the non-sentient mop across the floor.

Your manager leaves to take inventory. This spectacle is more than his brain can handle.

SkyeNeko:

You knew the disconcerting river-dance would make him go. You take advantage of your new found freedom to coat the floor in the most slippery grease you could get your hands on.

That'll teach him to be so snooty.

What do you do now?

let the customers bobsled around in the shop, for a fee

realize that with grease on it, the fastest way to clean the floor would be to set it aflame

While you're at it, Dynamic entry the windows to help clean them too!

Manager wants you to mop the floors, eh?

How about: MOP ALL THINGS

I call the manager out to ask him how good of a job I did, hoping he wipes out on the now greasy floor.

... Or maybe I'd just go to the cash register and wait for a customer to do the same.

Greased floors? Sounds like it's time to work on your ice-skating skills! Do a spinny thing!

Whoops double post.

Mr.Ivebeenframed:
Manager wants you to mop the floors, eh?

How about: MOP ALL THINGS

Captainguy42:
Greased floors? Sounds like it's time to work on your ice-skating skills! Do a spinny thing!

Another flash of brilliant inspiration! You channel your destructive ideas into a tornado of moppy doom! Meteorologists are calling for a heavy downpour of greasy mop water!

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEwhoopsEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

ZeroMachine:
I call the manager out to ask him how good of a job I did, hoping he wipes out on the now greasy floor.

... Or maybe I'd just go to the cash register and wait for a customer to do the same.

It's time to set your brilliant trap in motion. You're sure that something will have piqued your manager's interest by this point.

Samuel Henson:
let the customers bobsled around in the shop, for a fee

This would be a fantastic idea if you would have had more than one customer so far today.

This guy is kinda strange though...he's been sitting here since you got into work hours ago and he hasn't even touched his Planet Burger (TM) yet.

Weirdo.

What do you do now?

Do the the tango with him. its always fun to slide around while dancing to music, especialy the salcy kind!

Sometimes we'll combine multiple suggestions into one, as demonstrated by the whirling dervish that is the moppy spin dance.
Also, WEEEEEEEEEE

reenact the final scene of a few good men with said customer, or sing a musical number.

Dropkick him whilst singing, dancing, and reenacting scenes.

Bonk The man on the head with the oily broom and steal his pants!

tell him for 3 dollars youll make him feel good. sorry ive been watching family guy xD

Sneak out of the building, call your girlfriend (whom you have been dating for three years and are madly in love with) and invite her on a romantic getaway that you have yet to plan.

Link_to_Future:

A while ago we realized that there was a crippling lack of true CYOA stories on this site.

Offended. Then again, mine's just a generic zombie survival one without pictures, so I really have no right to be offended.

oh oh oh ask him if he wants to mop the floor with you. playing the part of the mop.

SkyeNeko:
oh oh oh ask him if he wants to mop the floor with you. playing the part of the mop.

I had an idea, but instead, I'll support this one.

Let the lulz commence.

Ninjat_126:

Link_to_Future:

A while ago we realized that there was a crippling lack of true CYOA stories on this site.

Offended. Then again, mine's just a generic zombie survival one without pictures, so I really have no right to be offended.

I was more referring to Cleril's old True Adventure series before he got banned. Having a limited number of choices to vote on was more true to the old CYOA books, but I felt it limited the potential that this medium can reach in an internet setting.

I've seen your CYOA around, but I haven't really looked through it. Still, having only two active stories going makes for pretty slim pickings. ^_^

Oh, and we might have another update tonight. Keep those suggestions rolling in. They're fun to sift through. :P

stage a coup to become the manager

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked