The Western Frontier: An Episodic, Schizotech Sci-Fi RP (Started)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

TheBlueShotgun0:
@Nukey Would you like me to expand on my character's homeworld a bit more? I see everyone else doing it so I don't know if you want more than the paragraph I already wrote or what.

If you want to, go ahead, I'm not going to pressure you about it. If you do, however, edit your original post instead of re-posting the sheet.

Also, does anyone want to me to post the sheets for the two other major NPCs?

Nukey:

TheBlueShotgun0:
@Nukey Would you like me to expand on my character's homeworld a bit more? I see everyone else doing it so I don't know if you want more than the paragraph I already wrote or what.

If you want to, go ahead, I'm not going to pressure you about it. If you do, however, edit your original post instead of re-posting the sheet.

Also, does anyone want to me to post the sheets for the two other major NPCs?

YES!!! WE WANNA SEE THEEEEEEMM!!!

[/excited reaction]

Broken Orange:

Mortis Nuncius:

Broken Orange:

Did you steal borrow my description for the ranchers hat? Just noticed how you used to have a cowboy hat and now it's not. Cool if I was a source of insperation.

Yes, I hope you don't mind. Your description just brought up the point that the term "cowboy" may not have been quite as widely used of a term for the time period. ^^

Don't mind at all. It's humbling in a strange, small way.

Well, I'm glad to hear that. Now, have any other great ideas I can replicate and take credit for gain "inspiration" from? XD

@retsupurae Welcome to the escapist RP community. Your going to have a good time here. And pro tip, you're suppost to use the character sheet template in the original post. I don't know if this GM minds, but just remember that for future refrence.

retsupurae yahtsee:
-snip-

Three minor things.

Firstly, might want to switch "man" to "male" in the gender section.
Secondly, aliens are, for the most part, nonexistent. Minor, near sentient creatures do exist, but nothing above stone age.
Finally, could you put a spoiler around the sheet, please?

retsupurae yahtsee:
snip

First of all, this is just to help you more than anything, Mostly

You haven't exactly said what your augments are, just that he decided to stay short and that he has some, nothing really even suggesting your capabilities. If you're still trying to decide what it is, disregard this. If not, you may start being called G.S.(you start pulling special new things out of you ass, more or less), but since you're new here, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Just a warning, you may want to just say he constantly puts on a new coat of the blood(or he's extracted the essence of the tetanus) on the sword, because,and this is just me, I'd have your sword break within a few swings because you specifically said it was old and rusted.

You say he has poor hand-eye coordination, yet he has two guns for two different situations....

And to(maybe) help you with the aliens on the planet thing, you could change it to he was a part of a hierarchy where he was on one of the bottom rungs on a planet where the humans had adapted to a low gravity field and walked around in machines, which they also made into powerful weapons of war, which made a revolution very hard until your guy got his hands on the Hierarchs tech and sold it to the revolutionaries, which made him rich.

He then got his augments and was riding high for a bit before it all came crashing down(interest rates, money became worthless, adept burglars,etc.) because the new regime had no idea how to run a government and the old regime had either gotten off-world because they saw their impending doom and the ones that either stayed or were unable to leave were executed.

Here is the character, revised and described in the correct format:

Sorry, this was my first time writing a Role-Playing Game character, and I actually was trying to avoid making him too powerful. Hopefully, this is a more reasonable version. I will send this to the creator of the game if it works.

Hey, fellas, keep the irrelevant discussion to a minimum, alright? I've got enought to sort and organize without additional clutter being added to the thread.

Anyway, I'm pushing the deadline back to Friday. A few people still owe me bios, so I'm going to give them a chance to send those out before I make any cuts. I'll have the sheets selected by Saturday and hopefully we'll start before the weekend is over.

@Nukey: My sincerest apologies, and thank you for the update. ^^

Nukey:
Hey, fellas, keep the irrelevant discussion to a minimum, alright? I've got enought to sort and organize without additional clutter being added to the thread.

Anyway, I'm pushing the deadline back to Friday. A few people still owe me bios, so I'm going to give them a chance to send those out before I make any cuts. I'll have the sheets selected by Saturday and hopefully we'll start before the weekend is over.

If you want, I can keep the thread nice and tidy by deleting double posts and the like.
And I was hoping to find out if I had gotten a place, along with other people :(

@Nukey: My bad... and thanx for the update!

Greyfox105:
-snip-

Some tidying up would be great, thanks.

Nukey:

Greyfox105:
-snip-

What specifically would you like me to annihilate?
I got rid of one double post, might as well get rid of the one it was a double of seeing as an updated character sheet was a few posts after >.>

Greyfox105:

Nukey:

Greyfox105:
-snip-

What specifically would you like me to annihilate?
I got rid of one double post, might as well get rid of the one it was a double of seeing as an updated character sheet was a few posts after >.>

Deleting the older versions of every sheet that's been submitted multiple times would be nice.

Nukey:

Yeah, I'm sorry for that, all my exams just started coming thick and fast. I'll try to get it to you tonight.

Sorry for the uber lateness of this character, with stuff that has being going on, I haven't had the time to work on a character sheet. If it means you are no longer accepting sheets Nukey, then I understand.

Evrant:
-snip-

Nah, it's fine, I got the sheet before I woke up, so I'd say it's good.

And sheet submissions are, as of now, closed. I'll put the accepted sheets up later tonight.

I have a quick question. What is the status of everyday electronics, like cell phones, TVs and comptuters? You mention in the technology box that tech was significantly push backed because of the great divide. But how much so?

Broken Orange:
I have a quick question. What is the status of everyday electronics, like cell phones, TVs and comptuters? You mention in the technology box that tech was significantly push backed because of the great divide. But how much so?

It varies, although I guess it's safe to say that most forms of personal communication devices are clunky yet shockingly efficient. Everything is built to last and the majority of people are out to find the most durable product as opposed to the most stylish one, therefore everything has sort of an ugly, early 80's look.

Hand held, wireless cellphones exist, and most of them have screens in order to enable video communication, but they're rather big, and look kinda like those brick cellphones with a small screen in it.

Computers, TVs and other electronics also exist, though they're more available in some places than they are in others. On Novalisis (Nerin's homeworld), they're easy to find, with one being found in almost every living space. On the contrary, on agricultural or feudal worlds, it'd be damn near impossible to find one.

Nukey:

Not to appear overly anxious, but what's the status on this RP?

JokerboyJordan:

Nukey:

Not to appear overly anxious, but what's the status on this RP?

In the process of putting the sheets together, though I'm hungover and have to go to work soon, so it might take a while.

Accepted sheets are up and, due to the character limit, divided into two separate posts. Both are on the front page of the thread.

I've just got to get things together and then we'll have this show on the road.

Episode One: Rebirth of the Silversword

A spiraling mass of polychromatic kinetic energy, firing bolts of neon thunder and glowing wisps of red plasma, circled around the Blackheart's flagship, the Silversword, as it exited hyperspace, a massive stream of golden light trailing close behind it as entered the space around Tanra Station. The moment it reentered real space, it's speed dramatically slowed, the vessel that was once moving faster than light now at a slow and steady crawl. Warning lights flashed out from the Silversword as it reached the docking bay, signaling that it was ready to land, grinding to a halt as it waited for an answer.

Nerin sat in the lounge room of his ship, his eyes glued to the window as he watched the docking process begin. It was a monotonous operation, not to mention a time consuming one, but for reasons that eluded his coworkers, he always wished to watch it whenever given the chance. Gira stood behind him, his arms folded, and appeared quite unimpressed. At the right of Gira, stood a cybernetic abomination, with a form housing countless artificial organs and several additional limbs, with no part of him free from mechanized components. The mechanical monstrosity of a man, Matarink Hiener, also seemed to be in something of a trance, though unlike Nerin, his eyes weren't focused on anything in particular, instead he stared into the void of space, in awe of it all.

It was on this occasion that Gira for once felt as though he was alone, and, although he had grown a liking to the other two, felt relaxed for the first time in his life. It was the silence, Gira thought, that made him so relaxed.

"Thirty minutes until landing..." Gira muttered. His words, although echoing throughout the lounge room, fell on deaf ears. "Then another hour to get to the conference room in that bar we rented, fifteen minutes to get the recruits to shut up and then approximately ten minutes of speaking followed by some dumb questions to be answered. After that, well, I suppose it's just gonna be another fuckin' job, right?"

There was, of course, no answer to be heard.

---

The interior of Tanra Station, by comparison, was nowhere near as quiet. The hum of starship engines blasted throughout the docking areas, and the constant shouting of assorted miscreants and mercenaries echoed in the overly crowded hallways, making it impossible for one to even hear themselves think. Adding to the chaotic atmosphere, the hired guns at the docks were acting up, and although they were there to maintain the peace, were in truth more likely to start a riot than anything. A gun fight, despite the amount of security detail, seemed more than likely.

Violence, however, was a rarity on Tanra Station, as the spaceport was under the watchful eye of an entirely robotic policing force, programmed to ruthlessly hunt down and slaughter those who dared disobey the laws of the floating metropolis. In the streets, around every corner, one could expect to find a patrol of combat drones, armed with bladed limbs and electrical bludgeons, each one more than capable of subduing the common criminal with ease. On the roofs sat snipers and in the skies flew surveillance bots, with no one free from their ever vigilant sights.

All in all, though, things were fairly average, although what was to follow was anything but.

He sat in his room on the ship and awaited the docking procedure to complete.It was complete within the hour and he disembarked. The smells of engine fluid, steel, and the general stink that accompanies all human settlements almost overwhelmed Kier'Ran, but he shook his head to clear it and the feeling passed. He saw and felt plenty of eyes watch him, nothing new there, it wasn't everyday that a man with a white mane and titanium arm walked off a bounty hunting vessel.

They were told to meet at the Red Giant Cafe, and that was where he headed. It wasn't that difficult of a task to accomplish, he was able to separate the scents and was led almost unerringly to his destination. He arrived in the conference room and sat facing any entrances, basking in the more or less scent-free room. All that was left to do now was wait for his new employer and possible competition.

"From the looks of it, you and your weapons are cleared to enter Tanra Station. Just be sure to avoid using them, Mr. Kammeal."

As a portly official in a outfit one size too small filled out paperwork, Lukaas Kammeal gathered up his gear and placed his hat and jacket back to their proper location.

After holstering his shotgun and combat axe, Lukaas tipped his hat at the unpleasant man and headed into Tanra Station for the second time.

The reasoning for the repeat visit to the station is to meet with the formally great Blackwatch to get a source of reliable income. Ever since losing his ship and crew, Lukaas had been struggling to bring bacon to the table, figuratively speaking. If for some reason he lives long enough, Lukaas is going to buy a ship, possible head hunt some of the Blackwatch hunters, and become independent once again.

One thing at a time, Kammeal, one thing at a time. Now, where was the Red Giant?

Mechty Dorfloum stepped out from behind the shipping crate in the small, privately owned warehouse off the main concourse. It seemed that the smugglers had done well in getting the living cargo onto the station without notice from the authorities, and just as well for them, with the price of the service.
Herded by a few black-smocked workers, Mechty drifted out of a back door along with the human refuse who had shared the container, ignoring the adjustment official who had been brought in to make sure the new residents would blend in, and shuffled off towards the nearby thoroughfare, pausing only to query a nearby resident in a grating, mechanical voice as to the whereabouts of the so-called "Red Giant Café". Satisfied with the stuttered directions, the brightly-armoured enigma slid out of the side passage and down the busy corridor, carelessly nudging a child aside, face-first into a wall.
Mechty had a purpose, and no gutter urchins would get in the way. Although, it could hardly hurt to report the corrupt official for a few more credits. And maybe sell out the company who handled the illicit transportation.
A thought suddenly occured to Mechty. Why in the bloody Verge did I not just book a regular transport? No matter, the here and now was the important thing.

"I need a bath"

He grimaced at the memories of the unpleasantness of the trip here, the stench of some of a few thousand permeating his skin. He wrinkled his nose and then purposefully walked through the station.

It would be best to find money first so I can find some way of eating tonight

Moving his hand back he touched his great-sword, as if to remind himself that there was still a lot of coin for someone of his skill. He surveyed his surroundings and then paused, there was a cafe deep in the background. A small smile briefly flickered across his lips, he know that there was work to be had here.

Red giant Cafe? Should be easy to find someone here to get some easy work as a body guard with and then build up enough cash to go back home

Vane strode forward, oblivious to all the eyes that followed this heron-like being, the lights on his robes flickering on and off like the blinking of blue eyes.

Onboard the transport ship Aurora, it was rather quiet, with the two crewmembers, Ray'skel and Kinraye busy preparing for their landing at Tanra Station. They were about a half-hour from landing and they were hoping to be on time for their meeting. Within the hull of the Aurora though, one more unofficial crewmember was hard at work fixing the Heating and Cooling unit within the Engine Room. The humming of the engine dampened the sounds of wrenches and welding torches, as well as the occasional shout of frustration.

Precis growled a little bit as she glared at the open panel for the H/C unit. It had been a complete mess when she had started on it, but thanks to some rewiring and hard work, she had managed to get it running more than efficiently. What had her glaring, was the fact that it had taken the last of her spare wire coating to fix it, and she hoped that it would be worth it. Grumbling, she said. "Let's hope those two appreciate the air that is coming through now. Sheesh, when I got on this ship it was a complete mess, but now I think it's in a pretty good state. Let's just hope it stays that way." Nodding her head, she looked around for her wrench and blinked. "Huh? Where did it go?" Now that the H/C unit was fixed, her new task was to find her wrench!

Shoren exited the customs office and looked at the Blackheart ad he held for what must have been the hundredth time. He wore a black leather jacket, which served the duel purpose of concealing his revolver and looking very stylish. His shotgun and sword he wore openly, both strapped to his back. The ad said that anyone wishing to be recruited should report to the Red Giant Cafe on Tanra Station. The only problem was that Shoren hadn't even known that this space station existed until a week ago, and he certainly didn't know where the Red Giant was.

As Shoren walked through the streets of the massive construct, he caught a glimpse of a person wearing an environment suit run a child bystander into a wall. No matter wear you go, you always run into someone who thinks they're better than everyone else. he thought as he jogged over to the boy and helped him up. "You all right, kid?"

"Yes sir. Thank you, sir." the boy said gratefully. He clearly had a red mark on his forehead that probably hurt a lot, but Shoren decided not to say anything.

"Say, do you know where the Red Giant Cafe is, by any chance?" Shoren asked. He was honestly rather sick of aimlessly wandering the streets.

"Yes, sir." the boy said. "Just walk that way and make a left. Walk some more 'til you reach the 4-way intersection, and you'll see it. It's got a big neon sign."

"Alright, thanks." Shoren said. He took out his credit chit and, before the boy could protest, transferred 5 credits to his chit. "Go get yourself a pastry or somethin'."

The boy took out his own chit and his eyes immediately widened. "Wow. Thanks mister." But Shoren was already gone, mixed in with the crowd, heading in the direction that the boy had pointed.

Throughout the flight, Kristina mainly kept to her quarters, compiling her notes on the Blood Skulls, cross referencing them with a journal she carried. On a few of the pages, were filled with a series of photographs, each one with their name underneath, and a large red X to show that they were dead. These people, were part of the bandits that killed her hunting community almost ten years ago to the day. There was at least a half dozen more to end, before her quest was complete. She hoped that working for this Blackheart company, would help her find the rest.

When the all clear for a complete docking procedure was given over the intercom, she quickly packed up her things, holstering the crossbow she treasured most of all on her back. After placing the journal in an inside coat pocket, she made for the exit, not forgetting to grab a leather pouch from the nearby table. For Kristina, it was her second time at Tanra Station; the first time being when she just started out as a bounty hunter, and tracked her first target, Enrico Montoya to the station. She made a few friends here, one of them being someone, who she hoped to get some easy credits off of.

Wondering through the docking area, Kristina could see that it was a hive of activity. Various mercenary group were stationed throughout, hoping that someone who give them a contract. A few of the men, obviously drunk judging from the stench they gave off tried to come on to her; but she quickly dissuaded them, by intimidating them with one of her wrist blades. She made her way to a jewellery store, which was being manned by a stall, skinny gentlemen smoking a pipe that was lead out amongst a few chairs. He quickly noticed her presence, and gave a big smile. The gentleman soon sat up.

"Hey, Miss Jecht, long time no see. What you doing back on Tanra station?"

"And a hello to you to Rodrigo. As for my business here, I've been recruited to join this bounty hunter group called Blackheart."

"Ah, they is popular people, a well respected group of bounty hunters. Heard their recent mission went south badly, and have been looking for new people since. So, I take it you got something, for lil' old Papa Roach?"

"As a matter of fact, I do. Tell me, what do you make of these..." Kristina then pulled out the small leather bag, and poured out its contents. It was a handful of small gemstones, which were clear, but had orangish red centre. Rodrigo's bold blue eyes lit up at the sight, just like a kid at Christmas.

"My god, those are Vermilion sky diamonds. Where did you get such pretty gems?" Rodrigo asked as he examined one of the precious stones in great detail, still awe struck by the find.

"I recovered them from a recent job, figured you know the right price."
"Of course I do. But why get rid of them, they would make you a pretty necklace."
"You know I'm not a jewellery person Rodrigo. Just tell me how much you'll pay to have these."
"Settle down man. I'll pay, 1500 Credits for these. But, keep one for yourself, good luck charm." Rodrigo then brought the card reader out, it had certainly seen better days, but Kristina decided not to mention it.

"Okay then, if you insist." As she took one of the gems, placing it back into her coat. "Tell me, you ever hear of the Red Star Cafe? It's where I have to meet my employer." Kristina then put her chit through the reader.

"Yeah, I know. Walk that away for a few minutes, and take a left. Keep walking till you come to a 4-way intersection, and you'll soon see it, big red neon sign and all." After been given the direction, Kristina soon became one with the crowd, following the information.

Ray'skel's idea of "preparation" when it came to bringing in the Aurora for a landing was to take a long, "much-needed and well-deserved" nap in his cot. His room was quiet, the only sound was the dampened hum of the engines at work, and all was still in his living quarters. The stillness, however, did not last as there was movement in the tassels that hung in front of the high wall vent above the cot. A light, silent breeze was coming from the air duct, slowly cooling the cozy room. Ray began to stir in his light slumber, then quickly sat up as the shift in temperature awoke him. He sat at the edge of the cot, boots firmly planted on the floor, and looked over at the thermostat with its needle pointing to the far end of 'Cool'. Begrudgingly, he stood and stretched, then walked over to turn the thermostat's dial to a more comfortable setting.

"Been more'n a year since I've had to adjust this damned thing," Ray thought aloud. "Looks like Kin finally found the schematic for that air unit. 'Bout damn time, if you ask me."

Already up and about and seeing no sense in going back to sleep, Ray grabbed his rancher's hat, placed it atop his head, then headed for the mess hall. There was already a pot of coffee that had been brewed just an hour before and was now just simmering. Ray grabbed the biggest mug he could find and prepared himself a cup in his usual fashion: boiling hot, strong as a bull, black as tar and just as bitter with a rather liberal splashing of whiskey. He took a large gulp, sighing as it warmed his gut, and began heading for the bridge, content as a cow in clover.

When Ray arrived and stepped through the opening to the bridge, he saw Kin in the pilot's chair and Tanra Station through the windshield. After taking another large gulp from his mug, he said to Kin as he admired the space station, "How long did it take ya to get that air conditionin' unit goin'? I was only out for 'bout an hour."

Kinraye was relaxing at the helm of the Aurora, keeping an eye out for any ships that might wander into her docking pattern. Hopefully this will be the break we've been looking for. She thought, wondering if the Blackhearts were really all they were rumored to be. Be nice to actually work for a decent sized company for once, give us a chance to cash in big.

Letting the auto-pilot do most of the work, Kin was free to take a good look at Tanra Station, as well as determine the location of the Red Giant Cafe from their docking pad. Well that's convenient. They've got us setting down about a half-mile away

The H/C controls for the cockpit had been shut down since the unit had went out last year, so Kin wasn't aware of the cold air now available to make the room a bit more comfortable. At least, not until Ray came in.

"How long did it take ya to get that air conditionin' unit goin'? I was only out for 'bout an hour."

"Hmm?" Kin responded, still not fully catching what he was saying. "You know as well as I do that I never leave the cockpit when we're getting ready to dock. You say the H/C is up again?" She hit a few buttons on the console, activating the fan as well as the temperature controls, and almost instantly felt cool air flowing from the vents underneath the control panel.

"That's odd... Maybe it finally worked itself out."

Meine was sitting on the ground, in a rather secluded part of the tanra station. She could see a few combat drones at the end of the street, but they were more interested in the passerbys than her.

She had her right eye turned off, since she had no need for it, but she still kept a watchful ear on her surroundings. There was no one trying to sneak up on her. Maybe she had finally made a reputation for herself. No, probably not. It was likelier that the combat drones kept the thieves away.

She leaned back against the wall, but her large sword made it hard for her to get comfortable. It may not be a large sword to others, but she was a small woman and had to use both of her hands while wielding it.

She opened the brown bag she had in front of her and took out a chocolate cupcake, which she slowly began eating. It was hard for to get a hold of really good pastries, but this one would have to do for the moment.

The reason she had come to Tanra station was to find work and she had heard about the blackhearts recruiting, which is where she planned on going first, but it was doubtful that they would want her. She had a few years of experience, but was still young.

Finishing her cupcake and licking her fingers of the last crumbs, she got up on her feet and brushed her hands on her torn pants. She might be mistaken for a beggar or urchin if she didn't get new clothes soon. It wasn't something she prioritized or wanted to spend credits on, but it might be hard for her to get taken seriously by others if she continued tearing her clothes without repairing them.

She spit on the ground, checked that her cloaking was working by holding her hand in front of her and watching it disappear. The guardians of the space station wouldn't like it if she walked around like that, so she quickly turned it off again, but adjusted her hearing to better suit the more active areas and turned on her right eye. The right eye's normal vision sucked and she may as well have been blind on that eye, which she actually didn't have anyway, but the cybernetic eyepiece did have two good functions which no normal eye could provide.

Meine stumbled back out into the busier street and headed towards the Red Giant Cafe, which she had walked by earlier. When she got there again, she entered the cafe and took a seat by a window.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked